/fat/ - Fat Note Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories
>weigh your food before eating it
>eat your veggies
>eat a lot of protein and fiber
>cardio and lift
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>fall for fad and/or extreme diets like extended fasts, keto, etc

Previous thread:

Attached: zsdgtjsz.png (1058x1618, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ihEQlIJOIA
labelcalc.com/food-labeling/a-guide-to-using-fda-rounding-rules-for-your-food-label/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Confess

Attached: jccukl;.png (800x800, 113K)

just had a packet of noodles, it says its worth 350cal but I put it down as 500cal to be safe, it wasnt even that good

I moved home in between jobs and gave up for like six weeks because my parents cook delicious shit. Didn't get fat but it's a stall for sure. New job in two weeks.

Attached: 20606xt.jpg (640x360, 32K)

>muh carbs meme

I've never met a fatty who preferred pasta to chicken.

Reminder that we're all gonna make it, and yes that includes you user. Just keep pushing fowards

Ate some home made burgers with veggies today.

i still put maple syrup in my oatmeal because i can't eat it plain
it's not much and i stay within my limits but i feel as though i shouldn't do it

There was a study done, can't find it now, that found calorie labels were wrong 20% of the time but that they were over as often as under so the average actual calories and the average labelled calories was pretty much identical.

Do you use milk or water? It kind of tastes nice with just milk. Though I usually add 2 tbsps peanut butter for protein. Around 500 calories with half a cup of oats and 1 cup of 2% milk.

>tfw haven't eaten since Thursday, 9PM PST
>originally was gonna eat today at noon
>don't feel hungry but for some reason constantly thinking about food
>user in /fast/ thread recommended 72 hours, so trying to do that
>tfw I'll eat tomorrow at noon

Weighed myself on Thursday morning and I was 214. Weighed myself this morning and I was 210. I know it's most likely water weight but damn it feels good to see a lower number.

Sleep quality really improved. For the first time I slept close to 10 hours. I feel lots of energy and for some reason, inner peace.

Attached: 1533836113654.jpg (750x727, 67K)

instant noodles are always shit tier tbqh

Attached: 1509971380144.png (369x362, 300K)

water and 1/3 cup of steel cut
i eat it with maple and sometimes nuts. i think it's around 400-450 but with 1-2tbs maple and no nuts it's supposed to be around 300

it's not that bad but i feel like i'm setting myself up for failure by continuing to eat sweet things

how long will you keep it up user?
what about exercise - are your energy levels shit tier now?

Attached: 1534094923079.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Actually no. My mind feels so clear and I'm hyper focused. Granted I ran on Thursday and haven't ran since. Feel like I'd probably get hungry and break fasting if I run my usual.

I'm sort of testing this fast thing out. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do. It made me realize how much time I waste getting up for snacks sometimes.

I feel like if I can keep such a basic desire/need that matters in check.. I can discipline the stuff that doesn't matter and that's actually holding me back

Forgot to add, I just sprinkle a bit of salt every now and then and drink water of course.

Fried chicken? No. Any other form of chicken? Definitely. Fatties love italian food.

fuck me if I cant trust food labels I am fucked

lifting and cardio make you feel great tho, doesn't really seem compatible with fasting
maybe when the weather's terrible

Attached: 1517244345233.png (498x383, 221K)

Make like one of those no bake oatmeal bars instead. I don't know how anyone can eat oatmeal on its own or not in a cookie

My doctor and a nutritionist ran a bunch of tests because I didn't feel like following a cookie cutter plan, and they found an uncommon form of anemia that has been silently sapping my energy. Now that I am on the correct medications, I feel amazing and this weight loss thing should be a lot more manageable.

i only weigh and record my weight after cardio sessions
>tfw 178cm 96kg to 74.9kg since May

Attached: 1538086575891.png (728x728, 131K)

what did they give you to fix it?

Attached: Surly king of the egg fort.webm (400x230, 2.71M)

I only weigh myself with my clothes on. Mostly because I am too lazy to take them off just to weigh myself, but sometimes when I'm feeling like my dieting is going to slow or stalling, I'll take them off and be a couple pounds lighter.

Ya, I know it is stupid.

>>fall for fad and/or extreme diets like extended fasts, keto, etc

Keto is not a fad diet you colossal fuck.

A mild immunosuppressant and a eugeroic.

36h fast, yay or nay?
Does it help?

can you rely on fasting to stay at a healthy weight forever?

Attached: murica.webm (640x640, 2.94M)

Good work user, everyone fasts a bit different, i do 2~4 day fasts without salty snakepiss and eat keto OMAD for few days after then go back to fasting.
Try to weight yourself everyday and see how your body changes, if you gain few pounds after a day you ate or even a fasting day it's going to be water and no need to worry about it too much.
I go to the gym even on fasting days, if you feel too ''empty'' on a gym day take it bit easier or go to the gym and break your fast after it.
Just keep experimenting how your body reacts to different changes you make.
Oh and the cravings will go away tho it took me a long ass time for it to happen, stay strong.

I started early april and i've lost 43kg so far, good luck user

Hello everyone! Daily reminder to try your best! Don't let me down!

Attached: 1537235859772.gif (243x270, 483K)

Not sure if you're asking a rhetorical question or not.
If not, I wont rely on fasting, I want healthy/-ier habits, instead of thinking about not eating, not eating, not eating, I simply want tofocus on something else.

Officially down 100lbs today. We're all gonna make it boyos

Attached: 1533409177346.jpg (533x533, 32K)

>Almost under 330 pounds
once I hit 300 i'm gonna start doing some weight lifting for a while and gain some muscle, this will help me lose more weight yes?

Attached: happy feel.jpg (800x698, 40K)

down 70 from the beginning of the summer, it sucks since all my clothes are too big for me now

Yes, changing your eating habits for healthier food choices and fasting the a day or two after you decide to party or binge on shit, is something lot of people are doing to manage their diet.

man that looks so fucking
>proceeds to smother it in shit
fucking sub human scum

i'm 5 pounds away from 100 myself, we gonna make it.

Attached: 1434061023099.jpg (420x864, 66K)

I understand getting fat, but at the point where you can't physically feed yourself surely someone else has to step in and just feed them the minimum they need so that they actually lose some fucking weight.
If you stuff fat fucks like that then you are a cancer on society.

>tfw you're encouraging and nice to everyone else but yourself

It's the struggle, man.

Attached: 1440459668829.png (600x600, 347K)

I'm too lazy to pay attention to nutrition. Can I just buy vegetables of different colors and mix them together?

>accidentally went 26 calories over my budget
How many calories do you lose by purging? I've been doing so well I can't let this beat me.

>supposed to avoid liquid calories
>can't give up iced coffee
pls help

Attached: sad frog.jpg (362x362, 21K)

Make your own?
I know of some coffee-flavored milk that was released in Norway that tastes kind of like mocca/coffee-ish, not a fan, but might be worth a shot if you have it in whateverland you're from?

i do make my own, but i really should just be drinking water only right?

Give up iced coffee

Attached: 1525985881183.gif (261x300, 241K)

Just today, I binged on enough rice cakes, fruit, tofu, nonfat greek yogurt, kaiser rolls, oatmeal, egg whites, spinach, green beans, and beef protein powder to feed a family of four. Also had a couple handfuls of walnuts fried in butter, cacao powder, and honey. Forgive me, father. I was having flu symptoms and muscle soreness everywhere, and now I feel much better.

Just go run for fifteen minutes you cunt.

>inb4 >cardio
I haven't been on fit for a while, are we still pretending cardio is bad?

Honestly, I have no idea how to make iced coffee, so I don't know what's in it. I guess it's cold coffee with sugar and milk?
Normal coffee and water is probably better overall. Use less sweetener anad you will adapt.

A cup of coffee has like 5 calories in it if you don't add any bullshit to it. Ice is 0 calories. If you're not adding anything you shouldn't it will be fine. If you have trouble sleeping is when you should nix the coffee. We do most of our weight loss while we sleep so you need to sleep properly. Also cortisol can be affected by coffee. Should you drink coffee? Probably not. Is it worse than soda? No.

It's 9pm here and I live in a shitty area.
Regardless I don't count exercise towards my calorie count because that's bonus loss and the calc for it are not really accurate at all so I just treat it as bonus calorie loss rather than account for it.

i don't use sugar. i should just drink it straight black but i'm a faggot and i hate bitter coffee

I sometimes use milk in mine, or just wait till it's not burning hot and drink it in big gulps and follows it with water to get rid of the taste of cheapness.
But I don't see the issue with cold coffee with milk and ice. Think of two cups as one glass of milk.

At first I thought you were talking about Starbucks-tier of cold coffee, which is bad in every way shape and form.

i use a bit of creamer, that's it

do you have a recipe for it?

>creamer
Is it cream or some other dairy product? Or some wonky substitute consisting of lots of chemicals, starch and other weird stuff?

I can only drink straight black coffee if its iced, try that way user. I grew up never putting sugar or cream in my coffee or tea though, only milk and/or ice.

yes. this is best
corn, peas, and potato don't count though.

Whats wrong with peas?

I'm too lazy to cook root vegetables, anyway. Usually I just chop shit up, throw it in with a 1/2 cup of rice, and eat that with my chicken breast.

Is the corn thing true? I always kind of assumed it was a meme. And I've never been told that peas aren't good.

the ones imported from asia are fantastic

make it yourself with no milk and artificial sweetner

Fucking progress, jesus man. It's been a battle. I can't see the actual progress on myself (body dysmorphia is a bitch) but I've been convinced to take another picture today in the same mirror, same position, same lighting, same everything.
Fuck I'm actually amazed.

Also it's a shame I don't have the pics anymore, but here I can actually see the start of some abs. Abs! On fucking me, the fattest guy everywhere. This is the result of 350 rep ab workout every day. I swear last week I couldn't see these tiny abs outline. Wonder what'll happen a month from now. 2 months, 6 months, a year. How I'll look a fucking year from now? Or a year after I started?

Attached: 20 Oct 2018 11.41.png (1200x575, 1.07M)

Yea but take it easy with the lifting. Don't lose sight of the fact that your goal is still weight loss.

I followed a heavy powerlifting style workout and always felt sore. My focus shifted to always wanting to push more weight. It made it easier to justify eating more calories so I gradually did. Even when my weight loss slowed and I started gaining, I could justify it because I was gaining muscle, right?

So my advice is keep the lifting light and high rep. You're not some powerlifter eating 4000+ calories/day so don't lift like one.

Also lol, I could actually see my dick below my belly in the second pic so I had to edit that out. My dick was literally hidden under the belly before, FUCK.

Look at the muscle definition in the arms as well brother, you're coming along quite nicely.

it's pretty common to see on things like my 600lb life, there is always another person supplying food to the bedridden fatty

very nice user, keep at it and become a golden god

Attached: 1538698228856.jpg (1000x800, 78K)

It's only 26 calories, don't beat yourself up over it. Just resolve to do better tomorrow.

Do you know what you're going to eat tomorrow? Got everything laid out and the calories counted? That's more productive then stressing about what's already done.

>never took pictures because disgusted with myself when I was fat
>mother found a pic of me pre-weight loss
>sat in a train seat, one of the table seats
>stomach barely fucking fits in the seat, squeezes against the table, now I've got an almost completely flat stomach when it's covered
>giant ass sausage fingers, now have Mr Skeltal hands
>face is like two times bigger than my current face
>tfw seeing the actual effect my 124lbs of weight loss has had for the first time

Attached: DF-OBUGVoAAecC7.jpg (450x459, 18K)

it is strange feel user, well done though

Attached: 1537279383621.jpg (480x480, 18K)

I think this would just make my anxiety worse, as if I was a fat joke back then or something and now what? I'm trying to be a normal person? Lol fuck off mate we'll always see you as a fat joke. Might not be related to my weight though desu.

I've been fat, then fit now fat again.
I can assure you one thing, user: people don't care.
We are always thinking they are judging us for what we have been, but in the end, they judge is for what they see.
Unfortunately, this goes both ways: of you have been fit, but now you're a fat ass, people will treat you as scum.

Such is the world...

>I was a fat joke back then or something and now what? I'm trying to be a normal person? Lol fuck off mate we'll always see you as a fat joke.
This hits close to home:
>Few weeks ago, during a vacation trip
>user, let John go there, you're too heavy to climb that
>John is about 110kg, a heavy dude but I was always heavier before
>Now I'm about 88kg, noticeably and quite significantly lighter than him, and more athletic than pretty much everyone in the group
>I'm still seen as the "fat guy" in the group
Pisses me the absolute very fuck off. I'm already seeing them less and less. Also from this group is the girl that said I won't be attractive if I get abs, a couple days ago. Oh fuck of.

Had shake shack for the first time and I bought the burger, the cheese fries, and the hot chicken sandwich.

Excellent burger. Decent fries. 10/10 chicken sandwich but their "extra spicy" was like a 2/10 heat level. That was disappointing.

I walked for like 30 minutes around the mall though so that basically balances out, right?

In a word: No.

I know, user.

Issa joke.

I'm a serious man who has no time for your sheenanigans. Off with you, knave.

>giant ass sausage fingers, now have Mr Skeltal hands
This was something I didn't think about pre-weightloss. Holy shit it's weird seeing old pictures where my hands are visible. I think I've improved my guitar playing a bit too!

Your friends are either being asshats or are retarded. If you're THAT much lighter/smaller than someone else then fucking call them on it. You don't want to be the guy constantly pointing out you've lost weight but certain situations call for it.

Bros I lost 50 lbs. Looked at some pictures from 280 and it relit my flame for not eating tasty sugary shit all the time.

I'll do better next time.

Real talk I did better today than I have in a while. Moving to an apartment I have to take the dog out like 3x a day just to get her to poop and pee. She definitely misses backyard living.

Attached: Screenshot_20181020-164258.png (1440x2560, 318K)

Keep up the exercise.

Spent all September getting fat and undoing the years work so annoyed looking at progress pics from March. Lost 50lbs from Jan put 20lbs back on.

What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?

YOU COME PRE-BULKED.

Bulking is the most annoying and shittiest part of getting ripped. All you dumbfucks literally need to do is start picking up weights and thats it, eat whatever you want and you will get enormously fucking powerful, quickly, since you already have retard-strength bones from carrying around your existing bulk.

Your size is a fucking BENEFIT, it's a mountain to carve a statue out of, rather than a twig to grow into a tree. Fuck off with your self defeatist bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck if you are fat or not, go fucking lift.

My doctor and health insurance care :^)

Seriously though my calves are massive from being a fat ass 3/4 of my life. Thanks for that I guess?

Attached: zyzzbruh.gif (275x428, 944K)

I'd rather be a skinny dyel than fat but strong

Your friends sound like absolute faggots.

>Fat Note
There was actually a parody called "Debu Note"
youtube.com/watch?v=_ihEQlIJOIA

>tfw 2007 was 500 years ago

The only positive side of starting out big is that my calves are fantastic. While the schadenfreude of seeing chickenlegs never gets old, I think I'd still take my chances with starting out Auschwitz mode if I had the choice.

>Auschwitz mode
So well fell, or what?

Well fed, that is.

>12k steps
>806 calories
That's so wrong it's not even funny.
I have a Mi Band 2 and have also tried 3 different step tracking apps for my phone. Mi Band 2 says 5k steps is 172 calories, all the apps had more steps, more miles and most importantly WAY more calories.
At best you're probably looking at half that number, though even that is likely too high.

Check cronometer. They use scientific testing which is more accurate and doesn't suffer from the food label rounding issues that packaged stuff has.
Just eat less of it.
Most Shitalian-Americans are fat because of pasta, pizza, etc
That's not too bad if it was in your calorie limits for the day
Same as the guy above. Hopefully it's a natural-ish syrup without a bunch of added shit. You can try yogurt, almonds, or fruit too (i like a banana or two) for a bit of flavor.
The actual label rules for America are:
• Fewer than 5 calories per serving, round down to zero.
• 50 or fewer calories per serving, round to the nearest 5 increment (i.e. 42 rounds to 40).
• More than 50 calories per serving, round to the nearest 10 increment (i.e. 106 becomes 110).
labelcalc.com/food-labeling/a-guide-to-using-fda-rounding-rules-for-your-food-label/

Usually they'll mess around with the serving size to get a rounded down number, which is why you'll see things like 1oz of almonds being the serving size, when that's barely any.
>don't feel hungry but constantly thinking about food
because you're hungry and just suppressing the feelings of hunger
So you ran on Thursday (probably before eating) and haven't done anything since. So basically you're just wasting away, losing fat but also muscle in the process.

Doesn't seem like a long term solution.

It's a fad diet if you don't have the specific medical conditions it helps (namely epilepsy)
Why not just eat at a calorie deficit and exercise?
>go hard on the fast and easy in the gym
You have those switched
You still have a lot of weight/force on your body, so lifting will be hard. I would stay light on the weight lifting and do more cardio for now, since that's probably shit too. Do swimming/biking rather than running, since it'll be easier on your joints.

>Same as the guy above. Hopefully it's a natural-ish syrup without a bunch of added shit.
Yeah, it's actually the first time I've had anything other than that imitation maple syrup. It's definitely better.
I live in the American South so sorghum syrup is relatively easy to come by. I might try that.

thank you for the advice lads

How bad is a granny smith apple and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon? It's been my go-to dessert while trying to lose weight, but I want to make sure I'm not sabotaging my progress by having it.

Attached: tumblr_n725ckeKJo1s2s45bo1_500.png (411x411, 332K)

Im tired friends.
Been doing a 1000 calorie diet for almost 3 weeks (Ive cheated maybe once or twice during it) and I STILL HAVENT LOST WEIGHT.
But my lifts are still going up, so does that mean im gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time r-right?

Attached: 125613268312.png (640x628, 150K)

you're probably retaining waterweight

>fast after you binge
That is an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. It sounds almost bulimic.

Sometimes it's easier to be nice to others. You usually don't see them constantly fucking up.
The people who live with them are almost always feeding them.
What do you enjoy about the iced coffee? The caffeine or just the general taste? Surely you can figure out a way to pare it down a bit. Maybe start with getting a smaller size.

Stick to green leafy vegetables (broccoli, kale, spinach, etc) and other non-calorie dense vegetables (peppers, etc) and you should be fine.

But if you want to lose weight at a consistent pace, you will most likely need to monitor your calorie count.

Once you can eat like a normal person (2000-2300 kcal depending on height) you will probably be full off eating chicken/fish and a healthy dose of vegetables.
Peas are alright nutritionally. Corn is kinda useless and potatoes I wouldn't group with the other vegetables like that.
Not as good as the leafy greens, but not terrible either. I just don't like the texture, so I don't eat them.
You can do that with something like broccoli or kale. Rinse them in water and cover it with foil on one half of the pan and it'll steam.

Spinach you can just wash and throw in a pan. When the other food has 5 minutes left, pop them in the oven. They'll get lightly cooked, but won't burn and it's easy as fuck.

Nice progress. What's your height?

Also consider trimming or doing something about the chest hair. The way it's wrapping around your tits area is really emphasizing the gyno
Great job user
Just say
>I weigh less than him
Stand up for yourself ffs
What's the nutrient profile, calories, macros, etc look like?
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

Might be, I drank like 3 liters of water before weighting myself because I did it after finishing my routine.
How do I stop retaining water REE

>How do I stop retaining water REE
just cut most of the salt out of your diet