Can doctors be wrong regarding cancer, Jow Forums?

>friend's dad was a hard alcoholic for the best part of three decades
>quits drinking around May this year when his brother passed from alcoholism related complications
>on the mend and getting better, suddenly collapses yesterday
>friend gets him checked by a hepatologist, he confirmed there's a lot of cancer on his liver and it's been there for over five years, and there's no cure or treatment and he has 4 months at best to live
I read on some unrelated thread about an user whose mother got diagnosed 20 years ago by two doctors and was told she had six months to live, then a third doctor rubbished their claims and she made it and was still presently living normally, should I ask my friend to get a second or third opinion? Thanks Jow Forums

Attached: Wojak.png (645x773, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30aMdSwg-EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lads come on

Yeah cancer is literally cancer

His father should check himself, call it hippie bullshit or whatever but if you believe you are sick you will get sick, if you want to get better (if you REALLY feel you will) you will. My mother survived 21 years with HIV and succumbed to stage 4 cancer after being told she had a month to live after the diagnosis. Her HIV medication and Chemo treatments killed her. Cancer is a industry, the doctors literally make commission. It's a fucked up world and your friends father has to bring his body back to homeostasis with a non acidic diet. Take this info or don't, I really don't give a shit, not only for you but for anyone self destructing themselves with the shit that's pushed on the population. The term "Eugenics" perfectly describes the 20th century at the moment. He can do it, he WILL do it if he really wants too.

*Survived with stage 4 cancer for 2 years after her diagnosis* Apologies.

didn't read you post but yeah doctors are wrong all the time

Are you saying "wrong" in the sense that you think there is something that can be done for him and the doctor isn't doing it? Or are you in denial about him being sick?

Wrong as in they got their timeline screwed up, or worse. Look at the user's story I wrote below my greentext in the op, that sort of thing is horrifying. How 2 doctors can tell you that you've got 6 months to go then a third one rubbishes it all and you go on to live for decades, how does that even happen?

His dad isn't the fighter type, unfortunately. I will push for the diet and get him to get a second opinion at least, and maybe he'll do it. Sorry about your mother

Look into Aajonus Vonderplanitz and his story. I'd get his book (he is dead, so not like he is profiting from this)

Watch this (ACTUALLY watch the whole thing before making a stupid opinion)
youtube.com/watch?v=30aMdSwg-EE

Because all being a doctor is is making educated guesses of what's wrong with people based on what you see and your knowledge. Not every doctor's opinion of something is going to be the same, and most of them will be wrong.

Sweden reporting in. Thousands of people had to be re-diagnosed for cancer TODAY.
Of course they can be wrong. Especially if you live in Sweden, because it's fucking terrible.

Doctors are pattern matchers who have hijacked the very word "doctor" to sell merchant wares.

They see a symptom described in a book, and are trained to pass out expensive medication for it to support an industry.

I'll tell you plainly cancer is old fat that has begun rotting. Fasting cures cancer.

...and it's not like they actually detected the errors. Instead they looked at the statistics and were like "Hey, this is an incredible statistical anomaly, that some many people are cancer free. Maybe we should re-check those samples.".

They practice medicine, not perform it

>Cancer is old fat that has begun rotting
Well SOMEONE stopped taking science classes in like 4th grade.

Yeah Cole says the same over at the /fast/ threads

This actually might hold some truth. The NK cell (natural killer cell) which is the strongest cell against Cancerous cells is stimulated from laughter and overall excitement.

I didn't come here to feel.
user whatever you're going through, I hope it works out

Attached: 1521927945045.jpg (600x516, 32K)

>Her HIV medication and Chemo treatments killed her.
Are you sure it wasn't the Cancer or the HIV.

It's very possible that the medications and treatments took her out before the diseases ever had a chance. Chemo is a LOT.

True, but suggesting it was some profiteering conspiracy like does is retarded.

Fasting fanatics should just vacuum fast

He's not wrong about cancer being a cash cow for everyone involved.
Except the patient and his family.

>I'll tell you plainly cancer is old fat that has begun rotting. Fasting cures cancer.
that actually makes sense, thousands of years ago people would fast involontarily, nowadays we eat as much as we want and cancer gets more common. I would rather die in a car crash than get taken apart piece after piece by cancer

> non acidic diet
> medicine is a scam
> everyone getting fat and retarded and dying early is eugenics

Attached: You.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>Her HIV medication and Chemo treatments killed her.

You fucking moron. Just shut the fuck up already with this anti government, anti medicine, anti vax, hysteria. Chemo saves countless lives, without it, people would be dying by the millions every year from cancer.

this retard is basically telling other people to just stay home if you think you have cancer. holy fucking hell, there is a reason life expectancy has increased over the decades

in the case that the person dies, its better to have told the person they have limited time. Imagine being told you are going to be alright but the doctor isn't actually sure. Its best the doctor tells you its not looking good and to tell you what the next move is

i hope you realize that cancer research is done by actual research scientists. The fact that you thought a doctor does cancer research as well as practicing just shows how retarded you are and also how oblivious you are to your own intelligence.

well then, start up a vehicle conspiracy too then. Because that shit breaks down all the time and takes money away from us every week. The industry is just trying to get our moniezs by tellingss us we needz cars to drivesz to works.

you honestly can't fix stupid. The scary part about it is that its like a disease. Shit coming out of a retarded person's mouth somehow catches on and gets spread, especially over facebook.

>cancer is old fat that has begun rotting
It's literally the opposite. Cancer is cells that are replicating out of control

wow who knew fancy drugs and intensive medical treatment costs money? That doesn't make it a scam or a conspiracy

they could be but most likely not. Your friend's dad can definitely go get another opinion and maybe start treatment but its going to be a tough fight.
You are trying to kill the cancer cells but you also kill your normal cells. Imagine trying to get rid of mold thats been growing on your back for 4 years with a flame thrower. How much could you endure before all of it is gone?

sv3rige pls go

Well, they can be wrong about the time you will live, most times in fact they are. A doctor can't tell all that Holywood shit "you have x months to live", although many of them do it. There are prognostic studies for metastatic cancer whick say "only 5% of people with cancer of this stage live for more than 4 years" but you can literally be one of those 5%

>T. Foreigner medicine student that is studying oncology right now

he has mets to his liver. He's gonna die.

If you are still in denial then ask the doctors what tests they used to diagnose.

Some isolated incident from 20 years ago that you heard about through the internet is irrelevant. 1) the story has been misconstrued to get internet sympathy. 2) diagnostic tools were much less sophisticated in the 90s

Your dad is dying. The stages of grief are DABDA - Denial Anger Bargaining Depression Acceptance. You are in denial. Skip denial and bargaining as they are immature. Your dad is going to die soon and you need to respond to that instead of trying to deny it.

liver cancer is notoriously hard to detect until it's too late to treat. But the doctors will not be wrong, there are markers in blood samples and MRI scans to confirm this.

easier said than done. Its not you with a dying father

Of course get a second opinion and a 3rd if you can.

No faggot just ask to see the diagnostic tests and use your own brain

The doctors didn't just pull the diagnosis out of nowhere. They said his liver is full of metastases. That isn't an opinion.

Fuck that get tested again if you want.

If they have imaging that shows a bunch of tumors in the liver a second test won't show a healthy liver

It doesn't matter. If he wants a second opinion about anything it's his right as far as I'm concerned.

we aren't talking about rights here faggot. It's your right to go get pozzed but it doesn't mean you should

They're always wrong, even when they're right.