I want to deadlift more

I really like deadlifting but Starting Strength (and other similar programs) says you should only do it for one set an average of 1.5 times a week. I can deadlift 295 pounds (raw hookgrip) so I'm gradually approaching the end of SS and I'm wondering if it's time I switched to a routine with greater volume for deadlifts.

For now would it be okay to start doing it every monday and friday instead of every second workout? Maybe add a second set each time?

Attached: 1da54303d07b63e09e83e4efa8c90be19ea61b4546327978c23909c82cf7cc82.jpg (736x896, 84K)

this girl looks like a fucking ogre
jesus christ is this photoshopped? she cant honestly be that ugly can she?

I know my fetal alcohol syndrome wife is ugly but she's mine

I'm really proud of you user. You set out to make progress and you've done it.

Thanks bby, is a 295 deadlift really anything to call home about though? I puts me solidly above average at my gym but most of those guys don't even try.

>cant even deadlift 315 without hook/mixed/straps
pathetic desu

Just keep training that way, you don't want to snap your shit. Your warm up sets should gradually get harder so after you finish your final set you should be pretty tired. Think about changing plan only when you keep stalling even after deloads.

hearty kek

You can add dead-lift volume but you should lower weight on the additional volume. Alternatively, variations allow you to add more volume whilst working at a harder intensity.
How you turn the novice program into an intermediate program is very goal specific and if you haven't spent months studying it I suggest you pay someone who has, if you want optimal progress. If you just lift for fun, then try stuff out and record what happens. You won't hurt yourself if you don't rapidly increase volume or weight.

Steve Justa, courtesy of Dan John
This is not a beginner option, but it can be run as either a "throw as much volume at it as you can" or "do enough to grease the groove and not get stale"
Take about 70% of your 1RM. Now because we all overestimate that, knock 10% off that. In other words, closer to 60%. This is your working weight
You're going to DL every day. Even Sunday.
First day, do you usual workout, then as a closer, warmup the DL and pull 3 singles at your working weight. Rest between 1-2 minutes between; it's a low enough weight that you could probably rest very little. Pull hard and fast, but without autism. You're going to be DLing so much that you shouldn't have to overthink it
Second day do the same, but five singles. If you wouldn't normally go, go & warmup, stretch, maybe add a little light cardio. Whatever as long as it's not affecting your regular workouts.
And so on, you add two singles each day until day 7 has you doing 15 singles.
The first day of the second week, you rest back to 3 singles but add 10lb. Add 2 singles per day
Add 10lbs per week.
On the last day of the fourth week, you have 2 options. Either pull your 15 singles with your working weight (which is now 30lbs more than you started with 28 days ago), or work up to one good heavy single (but not an absolute max-out single)
If you took the first option, take your weight from day 1, add 10 lbs, repeat the process. If you took the second option and pull a heavy single, recalculate that working weight and get back to it.

I did this for over a year quite a while ago. I was recovering from a back injury due to a car accident. I was about 85% of my pre-accident weight. This shot up both my DL and squat.
Bonus: this routine also works to get a ton of volume in on pullups too

Id rail that little sex goblin until i wore it away

Attached: methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F56965464-5cd3-11e7-b6c6-83ad27f63a22.jpg (685x385, 28K)

uggo chicks are my kryptonite

>watching GoT
>character says to Arya: you're pretty
>burst out laughing
why do so many people (r*ddit and OP) find her attractive?

She's hot and ugly at the same time

shut the fuck up

3rd wave feminism tells them they're supposed to

She just has this really unique look with a mix of childlike and mature features that ticks my boxes

its a meme, no one could possibly find her attractive irl

I'm doing SS, pulling 290 x5 but I'm still pulling 3x a week just like my squat. Why transition to power cleans already if you want more deadlift volume?

don't bother doing power cleans at all if you dont know how to do them. just do rows

After deads I've added either bb rows or power shrugs on alternating workouts. Rows help my deadlift a bunch, and shrugs because I got like no traps.

keep doing that. i strongly also recommend pushing hard on higher rep sets 8-10

>implying you wouldnt

Attached: maisie-williams-desnuda-4.jpg (700x860, 72K)

maybe if i closed my eyes

Attached: Hz6pkeF[1].jpg (1450x2182, 336K)

You're adorable too, snookums

Implying you wouldn't

Attached: maisie legs.jpg (577x1021, 141K)