A thread for the manliest lift. how much do you ohp Jow Forums?

a thread for the manliest lift. how much do you ohp Jow Forums?

Attached: main-ask-mens-fitness-should-i-do-the-overhead-press-_0.jpg (1188x1028, 59K)

I can 1pl8 fot a 1rm but haven't made progress in a while

105lbs. It's not a lot but I'm happy I hit a 100lbs at least. Hope I get to 1pl8 soon.

10kg

110 lbs for 4 reps, but keeping it as strict as possible
Bruh, I think I'll be there soon too but that would require me to EAT BIG and I'm a 18-19% bf pigfuck already

Attached: OHP.gif (363x361, 44K)

30kg

I deadlift 315 for reps

Attached: 1539469578030.jpg (300x168, 10K)

25kg

My 1RM is 60kg, I hope I can get to mid 60s by the end of the year.

My best set recently was 150x8, but I've hit 155 for 8 before. Symmetric strength says that that means 192 for a max, but I've never actually tested it.

Been pretty much plateauing at that weight for working sets for a while and I've tried to back off, focus on volume, go heavier, try push-pressing, but I keep running into a brick wall. Any suggestions?

95lbs. I'm 21 150lbs 6'2 and it's my weakest lift on symmetric strength. My strongest is power clean 200lbs

Have you tried eating food?

What's better:
>Overhead press
>Push Press

Maybe you should bulk

you're proud of that why?

32.5 kg x5 :(

45kg. I can't go above that to save my life, even if my other lifts are improving.

Ibs or kg

Just hit 55kg for 5. Only got 4 reps on set two and three though

What way should my elbows be pointing during this lift?

flex glutes and brace core

66kg 10 reps 4 sets. Maybe I should stop...

95 lbs

weak bitch lifts.

40 kg before i injured my shoulders and stopped

Can do 185x5 at 195 bw..trying to get 195x5 soon.jpg though

I've broken 100 lb, but I can't progress much past that without eating a shitton more food, which I don't want to do because I'm already like 22% bodyfat

Attached: SS 2 months progress.png (1348x1714, 792K)

I really need to do this more than once a week.

65Lbs, i feel like I'm stuck, I'm 156Lbs and and 5.10 any tips?

10RM is 60kg, really want another 40kg.

210lbsx1
180lbsx5
225x1 with Axle

Pushpress with very slow negatives >overhead press>strict military press >pushpress

Stuck at 70 lbs (30 without bar)
What do?

60kg x3

45kgx5, i'm weak and dont know how do I improve. I cant really do more volume with this weight, it's already hard enough. Should I add DB press or do more sets with lower weight?

The bar is 45 lbs

120 lbs for 1rm. Started getting elbow pain and no matter how long I rest and lay off OHP for a while, it comes back by the time I get to my working sets again.

Idk my one rep max but i do 95lb for 3 x 5.

What's your routine and height, are you on SS?
You totally destroy me on squats and deads while my OHP and bench are higher than yours.

clean and jerk, or the snatch, are the manliest lifts. take heavy thing from ground and put it above head. who's gonna hand heavy thing to you at shoulder height? lmao you're not gonna get handed shit you TAKE shit and PUT shit. MAN. lift and big man, strong. heavy man lift snatch clean. clean snatch gets handed to big man? no. man must snatch clean snatch with head. jerk head clean with heavy snatch, thicc

Train your tendons

160 for reps

I do SS (kinda), but I havn't properly trained bench in a while. I do squats, chins, OHP, deadlift, and either bb rows or heavy power shrugs for traps.
I'm a 5'7" manlet supreme.

93 lbs but I only do dumbbells (so, 45 lbs in each hand plus 1.5 pound wrist weights, my adjustable db set increments doesn't have 1.25 microplates). 5'6", 152 lbs body weight.
Literally never lifted a barbell so no idea if I'd be able to lift more than that.

Currently at 100lbs.
Started 2 months ago with 75lbs.

I thought that's what I was doing when I was OHPing

70kg strict

Like I can bench more than, that's just the last set of bench work I did so that's what I use on symmetric

>TFW managed to 1rm 1pl8 once but haven't been able to pull it off again
Why do my OHP gains fluctuate so much?
No I do 95lbs and 1rm with 115

Attached: dog feels.jpg (666x666, 82K)

>power clean higher than deadlift

Either your technique is inconsistent and when you did 1 plate you leaned back and involved the pec and probably got some help from your legs, or you aren't recovering properly and need to rethink your programming/diet/sleep schedule.

Holy shit you are light man. Time to eat more

Somehow I can OHP more when I clean it for the fisrt rep instread of taking it from the holders. And no, I'm not doing a push press, I clean then pause on shoulder level and then press.

Because it's the real manly exercise.
American pounds. God bless.
I'm proud of all of my achievements. I'm still getting stronger

Retard

130 pounds for 5.
Cant lockout 135 lol

Am i supposed to keep my feet apart like in op's pic? I tried doing it with my feet close together and it felt more comfortable.

You'd probably be able to do 10-15 lbs more.
I think it all comes down to stabilizing, with a barbell your arms, shoulder and bar form a formidable chain while with DBs you need to stabilize every arm separately

There's a stretch reflex off of the bar bend/bounce after the clean that allows you to push a bit harder. Some people do a small bounce at the start of every OHP for the same reason.

Take some bands and do couple of 20,50,100 reps of extensions curls and shoulder presses

5x5 145lbs

185 x3 today

Gotcha. I had seen people on forums say crap like your barbell ohp will be the total went that you do with dumbbells plus the weight of the bar which sounds crazy. I really doubt I could put up one plate especially since I've never done with a barbell before so I wouldn't be used to it but I'm pretty sure I could do a little more than I do with dumbbells. my left arm has become noticeably tougher to complete it with than my right arm lately when I start getting tired too.

If you're sure you won't trip over and you can squeeze your ass well in that position I think you're fine. Just don't kill anyone if you'll start falling back.

I can OHP 75lbs for my 3x5 workout. It's tough, especially since I've been training on a deficit.

About 80kg

Supersets?
Up your rows?
Up your bench?
Greasing the groove?

vs
18 posts of below 1 pl8 vs 13 posts of above 1pl8
Kinda sad. And yes, I'm in the weaker part.

Attached: 400.jpg (400x400, 136K)

and probably like 5 with OHP equal or higher than body weight

Clean and press is the manliest. Take an even heavier thing from the ground and put it over your head.

75kg x 5 @ 75kg bw

Lower weight substantial and do 5 sets of 5 and a amrap set aim for at least 8. If you manage to hit 8 or above add 5 pounds next week repeat if you hit under 8 stay at that weight next if you do under 8 again lower by 5 pounds

Was diet for me.

Didn't realize my cheap whey was 2 scoops for 1 serving so I had way less than I should have, on top of cutting. Week later I'm back to the same 1pl8 for 3-4 reps, and 2lb lighter.

What accesories do you do aside from DB press, lateral raises and maybe we can count incline bench too?

Did 3x8 at 90 lbs today. Strict, barely finished my last rep on my last set. Has always been one of my weakest lifts. Can deadlift 3x4 350 lbs easy...

100 for a single, done it twice whilst a bit fatter

1st time it went up so fast i was astonished at whether i had pushpressed the thing. then i also realised it'll be the last mental milestone i ever break lifting, realistically i won't have have a new first digit in any of the lifts, let alone breaking into +1 digits

+ i forgot, freedom friends, just to clarify we're talking kilograms

165 lbs. it is still my weakest lift so far but it has been going up since ive been focusing on it more now
honestly you don't need any of those. i used to play around with a lot of different variations and they didnt do much. lateral raises wont do shit for your ohp either. do a lot of volume with bb strict ohp your shoulders will be lit up and then on another day work on doing heavy singles then do some drop off sets or something that has seemed to work best for me.the only other shoulder accessory you should do imo are facepulls. definitely do aome tricep work though lots of pushdowns and overhead tricep stuff for the longhead since you use that in your ohp

Man, I thought I was weak. Apparently I’m not doing that bad.
Brehs, where does a 105lbs OHP stand?

Plateued for a couple weeks last month at 85Lb on 5x5 with 105 1rm. Then went to 5x5 and volume on a phul. Now at 105 5x5 with 125 1rm.

And there's no telling how many of those numbers are fluffed up for the internet.

120×3

>I OHP 50kgs 4x8. Will soon attack 55.

115lbs for 5 reps. Feels good to be able to load a 35 on each side.

Bump.

>where does a 105lbs OHP stand?
Between 100 and 110 lbs

in the Jow Forums humor category

86kg 1x3
But I got my belt 3 days ago so I'm expecting massive gains

Attached: cover.jpg (200x200, 10K)

1/2/3/4 is pretty weak at my gym actually, I’m surprised at how weak this board really is.

40kg
>t.skelly

OHP has always been my weakest lift. I am at 105 for 3x5 right now. I would really like to reach 1 pl8 by February.

We all have to start somewhere.

139 for six reps seated the other day

Attached: 1538788286864.jpg (600x800, 71K)

this thread has provided a large boost to my ego

110lbs for 5x5. Just started lifting about 6 weeks ago.

Attached: 1530991993705.jpg (839x1000, 71K)

Gyms differ. In my gym I rarely see anyone squatting above 2pl8.
And there are some pretty built dudes there too. And then you see them benching 1pl8, it's weird.
Overall, 1/2/3/4 is not some kind of entry point. You are vastly ahead of the curve if you can do these numbers.

>139
?

100 for 3x8

50kg currently cutting so my goal of 1plate is so far

I got 175 lbs (80 kg) yesterday twice.