Does lifting improve mental health?

Does lifting improve mental health?

I’m depressed, I feel so low so down all the time

Attached: 067C538A-0BCA-48C5-8142-7B10189DB86B.jpg (968x681, 88K)

Why are you fucked in the head

Also exercise in general should, yes

Yes it will.

Im so lonely so lonely, it crushes me

It can but not for everyone. Some people actually can get worse

Do you do your cardio too? Getting seriously out of breath, resting a bit and then repeating elevates my mood for the rest of the day.

Ever hear of "runners high"?

depression is not real

Does it fix loneliness?

I mean, you feel good while you're excercising but not really.

Yes, after divorce I noticed it would "reset" my mood so I started to exercise at home.

After gym I started to getting more long time benefits like improved confidence etc.

for a little while. then you just start to lift depressed

Shit

Eating well, drinking plenty of water, sleeping, and exercise all form the base of a happy, healthy life. Lacking any them doesn't preclude happiness, but it makes it much easier to achieve.

The only thing that fixes loneliness is being around other people.
Once you get to level 15 in running you can participate in events, which help with that.

a little, but then you have to have recovery days

Buddy, take a step towards something, if you feel accomplishing a better physique and stamina would make you feel better, go for it, it's a journey that will build you up to respect yourself and others for their successes and flaws, also you'll finally feel like you've contributed in some aspect of your life. This was the start for me.

Attached: 1523921075386.jpg (1080x1080, 109K)

lift the pain away

It's something to look forward to and it gives you purpose when you feel nothing else does. But it's just a bandaid that you have to replace every day or few days. It won't fix your problems alone.

I feel like I'm living in the cracks of society at times because I don't go out often, feel like I'm an isolated outsider and largely due to anxiety I am too worried to take the initiative to change that. I feel like I missed out on my youth and college years because and missed out on the chance for love because I was too afraid to chase it. And I still am. Not sure why and not sure how much longer I will be able to do this. I look good but that's all I have going for me, and I never had true confidence to not give a shit. I'm always hyper self conscious when out and about.

Attached: 1526187144606-pol.png (482x427, 79K)

You get to feel good about doing something that's good for you. Or get depressed about stalling on your lifts.

JESUS CHRIST RECAPTCHA CAN EAT A BAG OF DICKS

It did for me. For the last couple of years I have been thinking about kms every single day. Now I don't.

If you look at your life you are probably not impressed with it. Before you go to a doctor try to better yourself. Lifting is good so is learning skills etc.

If you get your self to the point where you don't see yourself as useless, your mood will most likely pick up.

I am a newbie to lifting but I feel much better after working out.

Have you tried drinking and making friends? drinking makes socializing easier

I already lift man I just asked the question because feel threads get deleted

No it wont, and if it does, it takes more than a year

>more protein
>lifting
>minimum 20min cardio a day
>vitamin d

Will stop any mental health problem in its tracks

yes but cardio is better

Eat well
Sleep well
Don't masturbate

It's not rocket science, user

that's not doing shit for my avoidant personality (disorder)

Look up mindfulness meditation and actually try it because you have nothing to lose and theres a shit ton of research backing up meditation for overall mental wellness.
Keep lifting and/or do cardio.
Eat well and have goals.
Sustain healthy relationships but honor solitude.
Keep busy and try to hold a job.
Keep drugs and alcohol to a reasonable minimum.
Get mental health care as needed.
Force yourself to go outside.
Have fun and do what you like to do.

Oh and sleep well. That's absolutely essential so dont be a bitch.

I have that shit too.

Constantly backing out when people invite me places and I blush whenever I speak in front of more than one person.

Attached: 1533229490352.png (1426x1328, 1.48M)

i have soul-crushingly low self esteem and lifting hasn't done anything to help me. it's a fun hobby but it doesnt improve mental health in my experience

I recommend boxing.

Yes drinking is the one thing that curbs my anxiety and allows me to be a social butterfly.

>Or get depressed about stalling on your lifts
Or get depressed about remaining skinnyfat after a whole year and start questioning your test (manhood)

can confirm, cardio does improve my mood every time without fail
but i'm also not depressed, so i don't know

Lifting helps but you should look into meds if you can't control your emotions

yes, just focus on yourself

yeah now get to it

HAHA NO, well in the long term anyway. After a workout you feel like a king, especially when you have that protein rich meal afterwards

Quit Jow Forums and most social media would be a good start

>gf took antidepressants for years before we got together
>taught her to get proper rest and sleep early
>eat well and drink
>take the sun and do exercises at least twice a week
>have short term goals meeting long term

Now she's way happier than average and didn't take meds for 2 years.
What concerns me is that if I'm not there for a few days she goes back to shit habits and hates herself again.

>Have fun and do what you like to do.
I no longer know how to have fun or like to do anything.

Whenever I see this woman I always feel like busting a nut

I started lifting 13 months ago.

I lost about 80 pounds, and then bulked back up some muscle. I started the whole thing after reading studies on how exercise improves your mood, mental capacity, and prevents alzheimers. I was depressed as fuck, and after a failed attempt and getting sent to a psychiatrist, I asked him to let me try exercise instead of anti depressants

>GPA improved by 1.3
>much longer attention span
>actual depression completely gone
>I deal much better with mood swings
>iq "improved" by 15 points

Just for the mental benefits I am convinced it's worth it to start lifting.

>Have you tried drinking and making friends?

>Stay a lonely fag or drink even though I fucking hate alcohol with a bunch of vapid cunts I have no interest in

Talk about pick your poison

You don't have a girlfriend, user. You've got yourself an anchor.

I know many people have little going for them creatively hence your vapid comment, but you sound like a toxic person bruh. it surprises me people would want to associate with you at all

Yes and no.

Lifting is doing something and doing something gives you self worth or some sense of accomplishment. Like going on a hike, doing your paper early, watching your favorite actor etc.

No because it can be motivated by selfish, retarded things that demotivate you over time. Like lifting for a girl, status, wealth, or Chad good mode.

DESU, lifting is good so you can take more dick from the gays. Just saying.

Nothing cures depression like getting mad and lifting