Autoimmune Disorder General /adg

Anyone else have one? What did you do to deal with it?

Currently enduring psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Combat it with fasting, keto diet, avoiding, dairy, eggs, wheat, supplementing with probiotics, colostrum, Vitamin D, B12, folate, Magnesium. Any tips?

Pin unrelated

Attached: 1517612160787.png (1355x5042, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers–Danlos_syndromes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>HS here ( inflammatory sweat gland disorder).

Main thing effecting all inflammatory disorders is TNF alpha receptor. Most all drugs that work long term act on this pathway.

Wellburtin the antidepressant, puts Chrons disease into remission, but this is a off label treatment. It works on TNF alpha receptor, it shuts it down. I also puts me in remission.

Turmeric with piperine at 8g/50mg puts me in remission for like 6-8 hours. Turmeric effects tnf
Receptor. This is the site where most biological meds act on (humiar). And puts you in remission.

Prednisone is a awesome back up emergency med.

One theory about autoimmune issues. Is, well most 3rd world country's don't have any of this. It has to do with something in the environment that we are not exposed to.

According to one dude and the radio lab podcast. Tapeworms put you in remission. They stop all autoimmune issues. Mainly because now you honesty to have a parasitic (or beneficial) worm in your body. One guy even sales live tapeworms in capsules.
This does work honestly.

I also do intermittent fasting, some keto. Cold showers, no drinking. Mite try cryotherpy and sauna.

Attached: 1539753281339.png (600x319, 90K)

So if I'm to avoid eggs, sausage, bacon, and dairy in general what the hell do you guys eat on keto for breakfast? Might have to just adopt fasting till lunch

>25, 7 years of RA
>broke, stopped going to the doc after 2 years
What makes it worse: refined foods (chips, all store breads), milk, alcohol, stress(will fuck me up for days), change in the barometric pressure, lack of exercise, skipping meals, lack of water

Improves when: exercise, deep breathing in fresh air, and was drastically improved w/ 11 day before breakfast morning shake (1/2 geen apple, slice of pineapple, one tomato) felt like shit on the 9th day but on the 11th swelling went down to a whole new level. Tried all sorts of stuff over the years nothing really did much. B12 injections, D, B complex, glucosamine, C, A through foods, elimination diet, vegan for 6 months then went raw for 1, tried juicing and nada.

I deal with it by accepting it will continue to chip away at my soul and body day by day till my premature death.

Attached: B2BC3040-0C79-4A28-8C5D-469DD1418D48.jpg (711x718, 75K)

Me too, i have rashes on my face that get better or worse seemingly dependent on what i eat but even a week off carnivore didnt change anything.

However I'm taking a really strong probiotic called vsl3 and it seems to help some of the patches.

Also washing my face with minera dead sea salt, and moisturizing with pure mct oil and this might be helping

But it is an extreme mental burden that distracts me from my other goals while i try to fix it

You know nothing of pain.

On my ass and legs a large group of my skins sweat glands get inflamed.They develop Into painful abscesses that reform, and come back from the dead. When popped they smell foul, lots of blood and puss leaks out of them. Oh did I mention they leave horrible scars. Clothes get stained by blood or the benzo peroxide.

They come back all the time. Or move to another part of my body. During school they grew in my face. Large abcesses. Now they are in my nose.

Attached: 4cfd201a-a2a2-46eb-9d40-e4f9c9858792.jpg (584x756, 116K)

Sorry bro

Have you tried any diet alterations or anything like that?

Interesting, my bother would get these abscesses on his ass also, puss and blood on his boxers too, couldn’t get up from the pain. True, I can only begin to grasp the significance of your pain through your words but the same can be said vice versa. Ram your feet through a bed of nails and feel the pain I had to step in everyday for six months. Twist your ankles allow them to swell to were rotation is minimal and the weight of your body misaligns you ligaments and joints and then walk. I would go on but it’s pointless. My condolences, I hope your condition improves.

Attached: 611422C4-6323-4341-A501-F4545B0F71D4.jpg (1067x800, 56K)

I have severe Crohn's colitis. I'm currently having an Infliximab infusion every 8 weeks.

can this be a real thread and not some alternative medicine bullshit? Taking some extra vitamins and not eating eggs isn't going to make fucking arthritis and psoriasis go away you absolute retarded assholes.

Do you have CGD or something?

Yea a few. On prednisone at the moment.
Mite go vegetarian.
Fuck this disorder.
It gets in the way of lifting, sex and martial arts classes I go to.

Guess there are degrees of bad to worse.
I hope too. Thanks. CGD mite be worse ha.
Just be thankful for what you have.

>Read this post
Also alternative medicine is only 65% BS.
35% works. You just have to have awesome BS meter.

Attached: 67fd1f00-5b68-4910-bab3-609e0c8a2db8.jpg (600x906, 215K)

Tumeric doesn't have anti inflammatory effects. It was one guy who did all the studies, started selling it and was found to have faked results, all studies were pulled and it's now no longer believed to be worth anything.

Not that severe. I have crohns and im on 40mg pred, azathioprine and humira permanently with just about adequate symptom control.

>Father had ulcerative colitis.
>Have IBS since years.

Am I gonna make it lads?

Attached: worried_frogs.jpg (480x454, 32K)

Alternative is 100% bullshit as otherwise it wouldn't be alternative. Numerous studies on diets have been done for autoimmune diseases and rarely do they show any effect whatsoever. Cold showers and fasting get a fucking life. Read your cochrane studies then shut up.

Nobody can help you if you're having a hard time. Thats why you need to accept jesus. If you cant get help from the mainstream, there is always jesus. Only mainstream and jesus may be allowed to help you because your elders always know whats best for you. Even better than you do. And that is a miracle.

Attached: pepeLove.jpg (531x563, 83K)

Just a reminder to everyone that is taking steroids, they ruin your bones and give you arthritis in old age. Eat lots of calcium, D3 and K2 and lift heavy. My doctor told me this and it's the reason I started lifting.

For people with Crohns or UC: take some zinc for your hair or you'll be bald .

I also had to take 40mg Prednisone and IV hydrocortisone. I don't take thiopurines or 6mp because they are literally carcinogens. Remicade is better than Humira. Your doctor is giving you azathioprine so you don't develop antibodies to whatever biologic you take. I already don't want to take these biologics. Im not adding more bullshit. I had to have a PICC line with TNP. fuck off dick measuring nigger
It's not a guarantee but i had IBS problems before Crohn's and my mother has primary billiary cirhossis.
You're a retard

Hey anons i suspect i have autoimmune disorder.
So far i noticed the early stages of "butterbly rash" left and right from my nose, loss of hair, face and body acne, some minor joint pain (might be from something else) and sometimes i can fart for DAYS for no reason at all, i rarely eat processed food.
What should i do and where should i go to get checked ?
Im fucking scared.

Attached: 1522544214961.jpg (600x600, 50K)

>supplementing with probiotics, colostrum, Vitamin D, B12, folate, Magnesium
Replace this with dairy eggs and wheat. Bake the bread yourself so it's not doped with preservatives.

Lupus here

Plaquenil 400mg a day, 20mg of prednisone during bad flares

Currently fucking my skin and gut up...

alopecia here. for anyone looking for a dietary solution, try switching to a paleo diet or even better the autoimmune protocol diet. both of these diets are ideal for lifting anyways, lots of veggies and meat. we're all gonna make it. i have lots of fit paleo / AIP recipes if anyone is interested.

Lupus.
Haven't had health insurance in years so basically just deal with it.
Got insurance now so gonna get it checked out.
I feel infinitely better after losing weight and regular exercise.
I get fatigued and sore quite a bit, but such is life.

Sjogrens syndrome is worse.
Skins always dry, red eyes, always need to sip water or my mouth feels gross.

try different diets
supposedly a lot of people fixed their gut issues with carnivore diet n shiet

did your hair grow back?

i've never been able to fully dedicate to AIP / Paleo without slipping up with things like processed foods here and there, so no. (lots of dieticians talk about how you have to stay consistent for it to work, similar to keto). I have noticed that my energy levels increase and bald spots shrink whenever I get on a good stretch of staying consistent.

g00chi mayn
I'm gonna go ham on it
consistency is the easiest fwarkin thing for me cause I live with my parents and my mom buys the groceries I ask for
hehe

Attached: 1500569141499.png (477x475, 263K)

IBS here. Ass is always leaking sweat or diarrhea juice. Have to check my seat at school all the time if I left a mark. Usually do keto and intermittent fasting. Has helped significantly, but doctor said I may need to get surgery, where they put someone's shit in my intestine to combat the bad bacteria.

No mate, I had a dietary sensitivity blood test done, literally wheat, dairy and eggs were maxed out on the chart, meaning highest form of adverse reaction. Olives and buckwheat, for example, had minimal reaction.

The results of this test made sense too, my psoriasis becomes horribly inflamed whenever I consume dairy, eggs or wheat, so it makes sense to completely avoid them.

do it, my dude. it requires a lot of cooking (time consuming) but you will notice a big diference. protip: bacon is your best friend because you can eat unrestricted amounts, and tastes amazing with brussel sprouts.

I had psoriasis since at least age 10-11. 26 now, deadlift shin scrapes slowly turned into this over the last 3 years. Been to 5 dermatologists, no signs of it going away or getting better

Attached: IMG_2021.jpg (640x853, 51K)

my dad has an untold number of gut issues and sees a doctor every 15 minutes and my mom has some autoimmune issues in her past so I've got to be proactive
my mom cooks healthy food sometimes too
we're all gonna make it, fren

i have chronic pelvic pain "syndrome", and i think it's autoimmune, also bluddy gums, shitty mood all the time

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i hope i m going to make it

similar family history here, get the whole senpai on paleo / AIP! Lots of good recipes to be had, it just takes some time to develop the rhythm of cooking a lot and having "emergency snacks" on hand for when you're going to crack. Easy fruits like berries / oranges / celery are great for this, and getting a dehydrator to make lots of beef jerky is another protip.

try mimosa hostilis for psoriarsis
Worked for a friend of mine.
have you tried elimination diet.
Also anyone with autoimmune issues should try the wimhof breathing thing, supposedly it's good for those kinds of things.
FOr me personally it keeps my allergies way way down.

I’ve always had acne even as an adult and after accutane. I’ve also had minor IBS and some joint issues. Doing low carb paleo and mostly carnivore has helped me a lot. I’m not getting shits that don’t need any wiping at all. I barely get any break outs and I minimized the use of soap on my body, I only scrub with natural type soaps and I only use olive oil for face lotion and coconut oil on my body.

I’ve heard that people have great success on the carnivore diet. If you want something more mainstream checkout the GAPS diet. If neither of those work then look into raw primal carnivore diet as raw stuff is easier on the gut.

Attached: image.jpg (625x816, 474K)

>Doggo recently diagnosed with Lupus after an "immune mediated poly arthritic attack" that nearly killed her
>can't keep immune suppression without high doses of prednisone
>She's only 5
She's too pure for this world, autoimmune disorders are bullshit

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers–Danlos_syndromes

Some of my worst and most persistent/current afflictions include:

Musculoskeletal

>hyperflexible joints that are unstable and prone to sprain, dislocation, subluxation, and hyperextension.

>early onset of advanced osteoarthritis,[10] chronic degenerative joint disease,[10] swan-neck deformity of the fingers,[11] and Boutonniere deformity of the fingers.

>Tearing of tendons and/or muscles

>Deformities of the spine, such as... kyphosis (a thoracic hump)... and occipitoatlantoaxial hypermobility may also be present

>There can also be myalgia (muscle pain) and arthralgia (joint pain)

>Trendelenburg's sign is often seen, which means that when standing on one leg, the pelvis drops on the other side.

Skin

>The weak connective tissue causes fragile skin that tears easily,[10] atrophic "cigarette paper" scars, and easy bruising.

Cardiovascular

>Thoracic outlet syndrome

>Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome

Other manifestations

>Gastroesophageal reflux

>Nerve disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, acroparesthesia, neuropathy, including small fiber neuropathy)

>Insensitivity to local anesthetics

>Cranial vertebral instability: caused by trauma(s) to the head and neck areas such as concussion and whiplash. Ligaments in neck are unable to heal properly, therefore, the neck structure does not have the ability to support the skull, which can then sink into the brain stem blocking the normal flow of cerebrospinal fluid, leading to issues related to the autonomic nervous system failing to work properly.

Every waking minute is straight living fucking agony. The only thing that keeps me going is being Jow Forums to manage the pain.

Get on my level faggots.

Attached: 1532180542683.png (1000x1000, 289K)

sheeeeit I'm a SPTA and I have a patient with this, seems pretty shitty and it also makes detecting certain injuries a problem and dissuades surgeons from certain procedures. A tear to the labrum of the hip is an example as the test for it is likely to sublux the joint and a surgeon probably won't even touch it because there's always going to be underlying hypermobility regardless.
It's an interesting syndrome from the practicioner's side.

AIP Is the real deal lads. If you have an AI condition, DO IT.

Yeah it's been a weird ride. I turn 30 in December and was just diagnosed earlier this year after an entire life of all these other things plaguing me. Now I'm just straight fucked since I didn't get the proper diagnosis and treatment early on.

And I know exactly what you mean with the hip problems and torn labrum. I've been walking around on an impinged left hip with a torn labrum since shooting knife pains began suddenly back in 15. I can barely find anyone to help me besides physiotherapy intervention. This life is fucked.

I have mild erhlers danlos so I am very flexible and my skin is stretchy and my joints are a bit bad, but overall it's not so bad. My stretch marks would be crazy if it wasn't for my ehlers danlos

Have you tried different detergents or fabrics?

>2 years ago I had some sort of attack where I couldn't think clearly, my muscles got all weak, and my muscles hurt in random areas
>Right foot was dropping when I walked and I'd occasionally trip
>Spend small fortune on doctors tests only to be told it's fibromyalgia
>Fast forward to today, and symptoms are still here after being told that "It would get better"
>Still go to gym because I refuse to give up

It's a bad feel all around.

Bump

After having read this thread I'm asking myself why I event complain about life sometimes. I should appreciate being healthy.

Yeah as i said, you have mild crohns. If you have ever been off steroids it's mild almost by definition as it's in remission. Also im not on aza because of the biologic, it's because the biologic alone doesn't do the job. Stop being pathetic.

This, if i could go back to before i got crohns and i would lift incredibly hard, do cardio a few times a week and generally become some paradigm of fitness and health. Instead even with test i cant reach my old natty levels...

I say severe as in the damage caused is severe and my GIs all said it is severe. I'm in remission and I'm not bummed out that I don't have to take all of that bullshit anymore. I've already had a perianal fistula and an abscess and had to have surgery. It isnt mild. I'm in remission.
also the biologic isn't doing the job because your body is creating the antibodies and you need a thiopurine to stop that so it can work. I just don't. Fuck off
yeah once you have one of these diseases you can sort of kiss your physical peak goodbye unless you can get into 100% remission for years and have no issues which isn't too common.

How do you deal with POTS/dysautonomia? Got diagnosed with Marfan's after 5 months of constant dizziness, light-headedness, oscillopsia and a bunch of other shit.

Diagnosed with RA for 5 years now.

I have 2 fish oil tablets in the morning 1 at night.
3 times a week I take meloxicam(when Im lifting) and I avoid doing split programs.

The most important thing for me is starting the day. Often I wake up in agony and getting out of bed feels unfair and cruel but I gotta do it.

If I dont start the day when I wake up I waste it feeling sorry for myself. Once I get warmed up and moving I find my symptoms settle down.

I lost so many years of my life when I had to leave my job(trade) because of RA. No way im gonna let it take the rest.

Found out I have a pretty heavy gluten intolerance/wheat allergy. It's not quite Coeliac Disease but I apparently have damaged my villi because I've been eating pasta and bread all my life.

Gave me all kinds of symptoms. Sporadic joint paint, brain fog, weight loss and difficulty gaining weight and water retention especially in the chest and eyes. Literally thought I had gyno for years. I even went on Tamoxifen for like 6 months trying to get rid of it which caused hair loss but it turns out it was just my gluten intolerance causing water retention which gave me puffy eyes and nipples. Cut out gluten after I saw my doctor for a check up and he suggested it and after a month my nipples shrank down to what they should be.

So lads if you've got puffy nipples by can't feel a hard mass and you're not a fat fuck then get tested for a gluten intolerance.

The curse of humanity is that we can never truly appreciate what we have till we lose it.

You should get one of those bars that curve around the front and back dude...
theyre like 150 bucks probably a good investment for you

Well your brain is your brain, it decides how you react to things and doesn't change much. I have bad crohns and after telling myself all the amazing things i would do if i got better, had a period of about 4 months symptom free off steroids and i really just lived as normal. I didn't go skydiving and run a marathon. People always like to pretend than without 'x' impediment they would rule the world.

It sounds distinctly like you are completely neurotic.

Nope, no antibodies. I keep up with treatments and tests. Only 30% of people have a meaningful response to all biologics combined. A surgery doesn't make for severe crohns, I've had two gut resections with only having had the disease for 4 years, never been off steroids except for preparation for surgery.

I'd rather have mild crohns obviously but don't act like you're put under, it just comes off as pathetic.

I'm going to believe my GIs of one the best hospitals for GI over you.

shut your mouth hoe

Attached: 1538974991071.jpg (941x940, 195K)

Yeah feel free to believe whatever feeds your victim complex. Statistically you are wrong.

lol this guy wants to be special so badly dude I had TWO resections!

Yeah i really want to be me, it's a lot of fun. No, i just get sick of people being martyrs when their condition is objectively mild. I know some sad sack who only ever talks about his crohns and how doctors are useless when all he is on is pentasa and refuses to take anything else. It's so pathetic.

I think you misunderstood me. We all just want to live a normal life here, that's the point.

hey /pso/ bros
I'm currently in the clinical trial of a new medication against psoriasis (may also work for UC and Crohn's) that gets injected three times a year. I didn't have any side effects so far and my severe psoriasis of 4 years just faded away after 2 months.
Send me a (you) if you want to know anything

EB, I get blisters from menial shit. Just walking gives me blisters on my feet

Just have to be very careful and conscious about where I am in space and what I'm doing at all times. I cant just hastily stand up and hit the ground running or I'll lose my balance 5 steps in and be out like a light. I've fainted numerous times and sustained a couple concussions as a result and those post effects have lingered with me as well so it's all just living cautiously all the time.

It fucking sucks man.

Attached: 6890.jpg (500x357, 67K)

I've got type 1 diabetes. I remember reading something about insulin being used to make gains or something a long time ago, anyone able to chime in on that?

Have you ever tried getting cortisone injection? I don't know the extent of your hair loss, but I lost half of my hairline and it made it look like the missing portion was a tooth. Most of it came back pretty well after monthly injections. I'm going to go back for more pretty soon to make sure that it stays back. Thanks for the diet recommendation, I'll try out it.

I'd have bloody gums if I consumed refined sugar tbqh

Attached: googamooga.png (600x319, 134K)

if you've not tried eating only beef and drinking water, you're severely disadvantaging yourself.

You guys need to start doing meal combinations properly,
Do not mix starches with protein
Fruits are always to be eaten alone
Etc look it up

Chron's dude here, I'm going to try if almond milk helps. Other than that if I just avoid stress and make sure not to eat fatty food I'm pretty much in the clear.
Still shit sucks, haven't had pizza in years.

You are supposed to use insulin alongside with other steroids for extra gains, dunno if it works alone that well

I have itp
Doesn't really affect my life at all, but I think about it every few months or so.

Looking for some advice. I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis ever since I was 10 I'm 24 now. I have had failed trials on 4 different immunosuppressant meds. Recently I have been trying to go without any meds and live a healthier life naturally. I fasted up to a few days multiple times and everything would clear I would feel amazing. The second I ate again no matter what it was I would get horrific flares. The more I try to be healthy the more tired and worse I feel. This is leading to me gaining weight and sleeping more. I'm not sure what to try. All foods seem to bother me. Any ideas? I'm willing to try anything if it will help.

tried a fully paleo diet?

have you tried just eating fatty foods and no fiber?

No I'll look into it and give it a shot. I've tried fasting and the autoimmune protocol

Yeah, doesn't help.
I can take fiber fine, just the fatty food gives me allot of pain hours after eating it.

I probably poop 4-7 times a day. The poop is always mushy, but its not like diarrhea. I also have anxiety whenever i go somewhere theres not gonna be an available toilet for a while, like on a car trip, a party etc. which basically give me diarrhea that doesnt stop until my bowels are completely empty. Ive never shit myself, but thats because I prepare a lot. I will literally wake up 2 hours before school to poop 3-5 times so im empty before i go somewhere. Anyone with similar shit to deal with? Its controlling my life to an extreme extent.

Ive also had an episode where my stomach pain was so bad I had to call an ambulance, but it faded a little later. At the same time I developed some weird rashes the doctor didnt find the cause of. They later dissapeard. I also have persistent knee pain and in periods have had extreme fatigue. This sounds like an autoimmune disorder, right?

Sorry for blogging btw

psoriatic arthritis. I take methotrexate and rheumate. took them 2 years to figure it out with my knee being swollen with 80-100 ccs of fluid. Got lymes around the same time. I just got knee surgery and my MRI showed no signs of arthritis yet. 29. desu as far as I can surmise i'll be on the metho permanently and just maintain diet and exercise and avoid vice. That's the best chance I got

For you psoriasis bros. Never take preventive malaria medicine. Its what got me at 17. Before that i didn't even know I had it. After I was a living snowmachine until heavy medication. Luckily i grew out of it again and only have to cream some small patches on my arms once in a while.

Yes it does, have you been to the doctor for a diagnosis? What is your diet like? Take a look at the GAPs diet

I've got psoriasis. Cutting out ALL dairy and anything with gluten stops it from getting any worse for me. Also, I no longer get acne due to this.

So now I just torture myself by not eating anything delicious ever in exchange for having not-as-awful-as-full-blown-psoriasis awful skin.

Attached: 893893.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Yeah, anywhere you get a wound of any sort, it usually heals up with psoriasis on it. At least it does for me.

The only things that help for me are topical corticosteroids (the prescription kind) and sunshine.

I eat chicken 6 days a week, only one cheat day with red or processed meat. Generally very high fruit and berry intake, and at least one green veggie every day. Barely drink. I probably live healthier than 90% of students. I have not gotten a diagnosis, i live abroad and cant visit my doc too much. Ill have a look at that diet, ty