How do I fix this? These are what my stats look like:

How do I fix this? These are what my stats look like:

>(approx.): 5'10, 190 pounds or less

>Squat: 215
>Bench: 145
>Deadlift: 225
>OHP: 105
>Chin-ups: Assisted, 80 pounds, can only do a max of 3

Currently on a very shitty version of SS. Can I do something to improve this? Are pendlay rows a good addition to the program? Should I do push-ups every day?

Attached: chinuplet.png (860x664, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/
symmetricstrength.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What website is this from

symmetricstrength.com/

Symmetric strength

Try adding bent over rows for back?

How long have you been training? It takes a good, solid year of training and good eating to get to an intermediate/proficient level.

>Try adding bent over rows for back?
Okay, thank you. I'll look into that. How do you feel about the things I've suggested?

I just want to fix my imbalances for now.
I've been training for about 3-4 months, but I haven't been very consistent lately.

Do a month of focused back, rear delts, and front delt work. Mix in some forearm abs and calves training

At 5'10'', 190 pounds, with those lifting stats, you're obviously a fatass who needs to go on a diet. Losing weight will improve your squats and chinups.

To improve your other lifts, get a better program. SS is trash. Do Greyskull 5x5 instead.

Just follow the program, and eat eat eat. If you don't want to get fat, take good care of your macros.

A novice doesn't have the experience necessary to modify their own program. Be patient, and train hard. Post your progress after Christmas.

>If you don't want to get fat
I'm already fat.
But I get what you mean. Thanks for the advice.

I don't want to stop doing SS, at least until I hit respectable weights with the main four lifts.

Greyskull hits the big lifts, too. It's just programmed for more upper body work. Judging by your stats, you need it. Badly.

Nah, I’m good. Besides, Symmetric Strength says I’m doing fine symmetry wise. (for everything except the back)

Besides, the current program is working well for me and I don’t want to mess with it. I’ve had long periods of inconsistency that messed up my stats. I’d rather stick to this program and finish it.

Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it.

If you want. But at least try doing negative chinups instead of assisted. I did assisted chinups with bands forever, but never got strong enough to do real chinups until I got serious about the negatives. I'm only one inch shorter and 20-25 pounds lighter than you.

Okay. My gym doesn’t have a place to do negative chin-ups, but I’ll definitely look into doing them. Thanks for the advice.
How do you feel about the ideas I have in the OP?

Those weights are pretty bad bro, no offense of course, I'm just saying you should focus on moving up. Perhaps buy some fractional weight plates so you can go up in 2lb increments at a time

Moving up isn’t the problem, I’m doing that. The problem is the complete lack of strength in the back and a few other areas.

You can switch to pendlay rows or alternate between pendlay rows and chinups each workout day. You only need a pullup bar to do negative chinups. You could probably do them on your gym's assisted pullup machine if they really don't have a proper pullup bar.

Doing pushups every day is good for getting better at pushups, but not much else. If that's something you value, then go ahead, but don't do so many that it gets in the way of your bench and overhead presses.

>symmetricstrength.com

Anyone go to this and get good results? I have World class pull-ups and chins, and exceptional bench press (apparently anyway)

Okay. No pushups then. I’ll switch to pendlay rows for now and see what I can do about the negative chin-ups

That's good at least. I think just keep moving up. Here's a good exercise not many people do that will give you an edge if you stick to it:
>Decline Straight arm pullover

post stats
also post body

OP here:

Just wanted to clarify something. I realized I forgot to mention it in the OP. My bad. The main problem is my back. The other lifts aren’t really a problem to me. I just put them there for context. It’s the back/other muscles in pink that I want to ‘fix’.

Nigga no one gives a fuck about what you can hit in the four main lifts your body is all fucked up and uneven, you're gonna come out of SS looking like quasimodo

As it was mentioned here do barbell rows

A lot of people starting out suck at pulling exercises because they have poor CNS connection with their lats. Seriously work on your pendlay rows and chinups. Maybe even do an isolation exercise or two with just your lats.

can't be bothered and shut it off, but chin up was +225lb or something

Which is fine by me, because I’m just lifting to get strong. Not to look good (as least for now)

Okay. Stupid question, but those are the same thing as pendlay rows, right?

I’m going to work on my pendlay/barbell rows first, then my chinups. I’ll add isolations a little later. Thanks for the advice!

What I do for back (works for me, not saying it's the best)

Pull Up (weighted)
Front Raises
Bench Rows
Upright Rows
Chin Up (weighted)
Shrug (Front and behind)

On cardio day I also do decline straight arm pullover which is awesome for lats.

I don't do bent over row because of the obvious risk of injury, especially where I'm at the stage where I would be doing more than my bodyweight in them now

Also between some of the exercises I will do another body part exercise to give back a bit of a rest

Thank you, I’ll look into that too.

Ditch the upright row if you enjoy your shoulders

Focus on chinups or rows
You don’t need/shouldnt do both. It’s a waste of recovery.

You have a choice to
>bulk now and cut,
>or cut now bulk later

Also don’t listen to that guy.

If you want a big back, get your deadlift to 500lbs. Chinups/rows are ASSITANCE to that, not what you should be focusing on, assitance movements.

I can tell you you’ll notice huge gains from just getting your deadlift to even 365, MUCH MORE so than doing 10 different exercises, doing to failure/making little to no progress.

But hey waste your time if you want to.

lol yeah, I call it upright row, but actually it's got a pretty narrow grip and I don't lift it too high

Rate me? Also just got home gym so I'm trying to figure out how to make it work.

Attached: October-12-2018.png (1414x1331, 172K)

CHINUPS

>Also don’t listen to that guy.
fuck you man, my routine is much better than just going after a big deadlift. I'd challenge you to a "back-off" but I spent 5 minutes trying to take a photo of my back but couldn't figure out how lol

26 yo, jesus get off the computer grandpa

Do you have twigs for legs?

Rows helped my deadlift when it started stalling around 250 lb.
Also do some lat pulldowns and cable rows if you can't do pullups.

Attached: SS 2 months progress.png (1348x1714, 792K)

When would you consider someone out of DYEL mode? Proficient?

Attached: Capture.png (1149x910, 350K)

Sup bros

Attached: fiteme.png (1140x928, 413K)

>tfw forever yellow sub 400 wilks

I GOTTA GET BIIIIIIIG

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-21 Symmetric Strength.png (700x800, 466K)

Well, this is me.

Attached: lmao.png (879x815, 396K)

Now get to work.

Have you considered being on a non-shitty version of SS?

hell yeah

Attached: Capture.jpg (694x607, 51K)

Attached: Eh.jpg (632x766, 106K)

im too fat

wooah world class. imbressive

I have, I’m fixing my program. I wasn’t on a shitty version by choice.

Bent-over rows and situps or whatever ab exercise you want to do (probably planks).

nvm, just read that you're doing assisted chin-ups (80lbs), which I misread as weighted pullups +80lbs.
uhh..
I would recommend getting to do full chinup reps first, it's really not that hard to get your first rep. In calisthenics you just gotta Grease the Groove to get new moves. A few times a day just jump up and try hold the top position of the chinup for ~5-10 seconds (or if you can only do it at the gym just do it 3 - 5 times total, spread throught your workout). Keep at it mane, you'll get it.

Probably used lbs instead of kg

Thanks brah.