Are leg curls and leg extensions a meme? Do you actually workout your legs?

Are leg curls and leg extensions a meme? Do you actually workout your legs?

Attached: 1255.jpg (350x221, 19K)

Do squats. If your hammys are lacking you’re not hitting proper depth.

There's a leg curl machine at my gym that's kinda like a leg extension machine but in reverse (i.e you sit down and pull with your hammys instead of pushing with quads) and it's a solid add on to deadlifts imo. Probably not necessary if you're hitting legs hard already though

Leg curls aren't a meme. When thots lay on them you get a nice view of their asses as if they're presenting for you to mount them and go to town on their brappers.

I do:
Squats
DB Lunges

And finish it all off with Leg extensions at high reps, it burns like a motherfucker, I love it.

Good for a finisher if your goal is bodybuilding. If your goal is getting stronger, probably should do something else.

I do them because I heard they help against jumper's knee. Not sure though.

>not hitting proper depth
>going below parallel means more quad activation
hmm

If you've ever done atg squats you would know it really targets the hammys

I do hip thrusts

i do 10x10 single leg curls/extensions, 30sec rest between sets
garantueed to make you leave crawling

actually leg curls are best hamstring exercise , RDL hit more the inner head of hamstrings while leg curls hit them both equally
I'd do lunges instead of leg extensions , they also hit glutes and hamstrings
the lower you go the more glute activation you get , hamstring activation isn't that big during squats

you will never get your hamstrings as big as possible without leg curls or at least stiff legged deadlifts
if your goal is to look best you can, which requires having a good quad:hamstring balance, you should do leg curls
squats alone will do fuck all for your hamstring development. there's plenty of people who squat a ton but don't care about working their hamstrings and as a result their legs look like shit from the side

Please stop posting, you know nothing about lifting

They're OK but don't go heavy.
Mix them after say DL or/and RDL

My lower day is 3x5 squats, 1x5 DL, 2x5 RDL, 3x10 front squats, 3x10 SLDL, and 3x12 calf raises. I don't feel like I'm lacking anything. I only have home gym though, no access to a leg curl machine right now.

Are you fucking dense.
You litterally have to lean forward in a squat. The lower part of the squat where your legs go a bit further than horizontal, you push with your quads and glutes. From the on you push with quads and hams because hams get your upright position you fucking idiot. Never post advice on this greek zaziki appreciation board again.

Leg curls are good, but leg extensions are good way to blow out your knees

Leg extensions = knee pain for me and most people I know, would not recommend. Leg curls is a nice finisher, you can do them one legged to avoid imbalances

retard

Jeff says hamstring curls are no good

Attached: 1536526789855.jpg (401x445, 44K)

you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Let me guess you still get doms from light squatting lol

He said in his video that their no good because people start using their back more at higher weight that people cant handle. As long as you keep your back flat on the bench and dont use it all by doing a weight that you can handle, fine.

i do them light, high-ish (never lower than 12) reps and with the best form I can for knee health only. My main mass builders are still the compounds.

squats are mainly a quad exercise , if you think you can build nice hamstrings with only them you must be a dyel.

do romanian deadlifts to get a fat ass

gdi dude if my boi ever called my ass a brapper I think I would leave him