Social isolation can decrease life expectancy as much as smoking 15 cigarettes a day

>social isolation can decrease life expectancy as much as smoking 15 cigarettes a day

Attached: 334984DE-CDEC-44FE-BA19-337A6F774EF9.jpg (540x438, 45K)

That’s fucking bullshit that’s just some pop science shit how does not socializing affect life expectancy?

Nah bro I saw in the Ripley’s museum once that some Native American princess died of isolation once. Google it.

for normalfags who cant stand a weekend by themselves maybe.
it probably has something to do with quality of life, with the survey conducted on degenerates that waste away drinking by themselves and wallowing in self-pity.

so it's like they're more likely to commit suicide?

Attached: 1535991954945.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Double salsa mix.
Ingredients, 4 1/3 half salsa season mix
3 tomatoes
2 capsicums (green tastes better)
1 potato
1 4/2 waifu beef
Olive oil
2 tea spoons
Oven
2 eggs
Vinegar.
Simple family receptive from my great aunts cousin who passes me my legacy receptive.
Orders.
1-turn on oven and let sit for 3/2 of an hour.
2- add olive oil and spray to pans to clean them and non stick
3- peel capsicums and fillet the potato, add them into a pot of water, let them float until they don’t.
4- time for the eggs, boil 1 and poach the other 2, timing is essential so make sure you set the timer correctly.
5-Finely dice the beef and tomatoes, mix in with 6.2 salsa mix, stir fry with the vinegar in your wok.
6- time for a splash of salt, pepper and milk.
IMPORTANT, make sure your meat is properly cooked, this isn’t a fancy French restaurant. Wash your veggies and clean the utensils.
Mix together and bake for half. (1/2)
Serves 2-7.
Enjoy.

Calories in, calories out.

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

Because humans are social creatures and we need to have friendships and an intimate relationship. Babies who are given no physical contact, despite having all other physical needs met, will die. Human relationships are literally necessary for survival.

>Babies who are given no physical contact, despite having all other physical needs met, will die
this scared the fuck out of me the first time I've heard about it
it actually continues to scare me

Attached: oh_my_fuck.jpg (493x276, 20K)

>Babies who are given no physical contact, despite having all other physical needs met, will die. Human relationships are literally necessary for survival.
How did they test this exactly.

Put them in a room with cameras and monitor them. Some rok s get contact some are left in isolation.

Hopefully not repeatedly

>try to google this to find a source
literally FAKE NEWS

The most intelligent people realize they can get by with out others, but it tends to lower empathy. Look at the uni bomber. As an adult you can survive isolation but it turns people in to psychopaths, look at this site for example

The man who can live truly alone is a monster or god

Source: The Soiffington Post

More than the isolation itself is being a fag worried about it.

Attached: 27363220511_2f4e43ba8b_n.jpg (320x213, 47K)

Social isolation is not a direct cause of death like some fucking brainlets say. Socially isolated people are just more likely to do things that make their life expectancy lower, like drugs.

It wasn't tested intentionally, but observed in Communist Romania orphanages . Huge infant mortality rates, as babies were given minimal human contact despite being fed and sheltered.

>uni bomber

and you automatically correlate that to them dying of lonelyness and not because they fucking layed on their back and chocked on their vomit or of some disease they got because of the filthy orphanages?

Do you have extra chromosomes sir?

>lonelyness
>chocked

it's not, some King dude wanted to know what's Gods given language so he decided to let 5 newborns sit in isolation till they'd usher the first words. all babies died after two weeks of having no human interaction

>chocking on vomit
>being this much of a brainlet

go back to plebbit retard

you don't know what being fed and sheltered in a communist country actually means do you.
even if we're talking about babies.

Wow you're really stupid huh

Only for NPC’s that have mental breakdowns when separated from their favorite late night talk shows

Attached: E2005E7E-6C0D-4658-A22B-9099CB7AE5AA.jpg (960x720, 132K)

This, and if something where to happen to you like say he's attack or something you're alone at home so no one can help you. So when accidents/emergencies happen you're on your own.

TFW want to live as long as possible : no alcohol, no cigarettes etc

But can't have friends or gf because shit hairline and ugly

I don't want to die for a stupid thing like social crap

Why ???

lmao, reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer said the veal "died of loneliness"

>1 4/2 waifu beef
:^)

>But can't have friends or gf because shit hairline and ugly
Snap out of it nigga. It's just hair

Attached: 1539661420492.jpg (1024x956, 83K)

Don't worry, user. We're all your friends here!

Attached: uguuuuuu!!!.png (800x1296, 743K)

>Can't have friends because I have a shit hairline and ugly

user, this makes me sad to hear. You can still have friends. Might be harder without the halo effect of being attractive but this is just a strange way of thinking. I have understand it's hard to lose your hair but come on

Attached: IMG_20180802_200915280.jpg (2592x1944, 349K)

I used to think that. Went bald at 16. You'll look back and realise how much time you wasted believing this.

Probably lower because antisocial NEETs usually eat junk food and never exercise. Also lonely people kill themselves at higher rates at which lowers the expectancy by a lot since they might do it when they’re only a young adult. I’m not sure if that’s part of it though because some life expectancies don’t factor in suicide deaths. I don’t think it’s because there is anything inherently unhealthy about not talking to other people a lot though.

this

Attached: D28EFE67-9038-407A-B77D-8D4154381D18.jpg (493x402, 28K)

That shit is an old wivestale they tell you to stress the importance of friendship and family, not true at all. If you meet a child's physical needs to leave them be they're not gonna magically die from missing out on the power of touch, fucking get real.

Minimal human contact seems correlated to "not being taken care of". This seems like a much better explanation than them dying of loneliness.

>TFW want to live as long as possible
I thought that when I was little but not anymore, maybe you'll grow out of it

when you see the alternative is people you want to die anyway so this is it.

That's why I do both

I am having a hard time coping with the fact that I will probably be alone forever.

My housemate simply cannot stand to spend 5 minutes by himself. It’s insufferable. I get home from a long day of work and all he wants to do is sit around and talk, he acts so offended when I want to just spend a couple of hours by myself relaxing. Why are people like this? I feel the need to be sociable maybe once a week, and I’ll organise to hang out with my friends and do it. But I never understood why some people are so needy and dependent on others just to stay sane.

Yeah thats probably just a romantic version of some native woman, kidnapped, raped, and lousy with euro STDs upon arrival.

No, there are real physical effects of long term loneliness like chronically high levels of cortisol, higher inflammation, and much lower levels of oxytocin, and serotonin. It takes it's toll

You guys who think you’re some stoic badass because you don’t interact with other people are so fucking retarded. You’ve been memed on so hard it’s sad that you’re now defending your social isolation as if it were healthy.

Human interaction isn’t about some beep boop robotic tier exchange of information, there are tons of subtle things going on with your brain chemistry and body as a whole that you simply cannot get without socializing. There’s a reason solitary confinement drives people mad, it’s not just the confinement part. Babies crave human touch for the same reason, babies need eye contact and to hear the sounds of human voices. These things are all hardwired, and are NOT properly replicated by communicating through a screen.

Take it from someone that spent over 4 months without speaking face to face to another human, it will drive you mad. It will make you depressed, it will give you horrible anxiety, it’s not just some correlation between early deaths and social isolation, social isolation causes biological changes in humans. The first time I had a positive interaction with laughter and smiling after that long period it was like I was in the clouds, my energy and clarity of thought were back up for the next week, it was a night and day change in a few minutes. Flirting with a girl became enough to get me out of bed in the morning for a month. You might need less than the average Norman, that’s fine, but for the love of Christ guys, don’t meme yourself into thinking you don’t need to interact with other people. You will be in for a world of pain if you do.

Well I'm fucked. I haven't spoken to anyone in at least 3 months other than pleasantries to service workers.

>Take it from someone that spent over 4 months without speaking face to face to another human, it will drive you mad. It will make you depressed, it will give you horrible anxiety,
Don't be so autistic to assume everyone is like yourself. Not everyone gets depressed or anxious from isolation. I'm and I don't feel anxious talking to people I just prefer not to.

It’s nature’s way of ending your suffering.

You think he’s the autistic one because you feel good about not having friends or close relationships?

I never said I feel good about it but I don't feel bad about it. The autism remark is because many actual legitimate autists cannot comprehend that other people do not experience the world in the same way or have the same knowledge as them.

The vast majority of humans need relationships with other people, you have some sort of resilience to this assuming you’re not depressed without knowing it.

what do you recommend for a person who is totally bankrupt in social skills who legitimately panics from even potential social interactions?

See a therapist

well Socrates did an experiment and found that children actually become more mature and stronger when isolated.

good thing i do both ayyy lmao *dabs*

Attached: 1515226619167.png (632x852, 47K)

>"They should learn to be alone and try to spend as much time as possible by themselves. I think one of the faults of young people today is that they try to come together around events that are noisy, almost aggressive at times. This desire to be together in order to not feel alone is an unfortunate symptom, in my opinion. Every person needs to learn from childhood how to spend time with oneself. That doesn’t mean he should be lonely, but that he shouldn’t grow bored with himself because people who grow bored in their own company seem to me in danger, from a self-esteem point of view."

Attached: Andrei_Tarkovsky.jpg (1256x919, 130K)

But, I feel so happy by myself.

>been living as a hikkikomori for a decade
>no exercise whatsoever
>can feel my muscles atrophying
>no social activity except Jow Forums
Should I just cut the chase and kill myself or wait a couple years and die "naturally"?

Attached: 1540171013743.png (1480x330, 147K)

>doesnt simulate this with online video games.

Attached: 795.gif (493x342, 393K)

I think he means the difference between forming meaningful social bonds vs just distracting yourself from loneliness by getting wasted and talking about nothing with each other.

Probably counts suicides.
I doubt it would affect your overal health too much apart from your mental health.