Ohp

Do you pause at the bottom of the rep, fit?

Attached: 4-1-overhead-press.jpg (1000x560, 127K)

No

No. Now I have to start at 120 and work back to 1pl8... don't I? :(

Idk i am just asking i personally do but iam weak lanklet thats why i wanted to know others opinion.

On later reps I pause to take a breath and re-squeeze glutes and abs

Of course.

The exercise starts at the top. Push press the first up without counting it, then count reps from the first eccentric.

Is it bad to pause at the top?

That's weird af

Not him but... that kind of makes sense.

Long enough to lock it out

What??

not him either but that's literally how we were taught back in oly days, if you pause ohp at the bottom you'll never get enough explosiveness during your big boi overhead lifts

but even without that in mind, do you start your bench with the bar on your chest, or your squat down in the hole?

i usually overhead squat the bar from rack and by doing that i dont waste energy on that first up, sometimes i will ask someone to hold my elbows if the weight is too heavy.

but you'd be wasting energy on that first push press
also you start bench/squat at the top whereas you start OHP at the bottom, it's a lot harder to brace with the weight on top of you

Yes.
I ohp 70kg btw

I don't think so, it is quite a stable position.

is the bottom at the neck like that or touching the chest?

that's a bit whack but works too yeah

stop minmaxing newfag, if the push press makes you lose enough energy to influence later reps despite being like 70% explosive leg drive you're using too much weight anyway

depends on grip width and elbow angle desu

No, pause at the top.

fuck no I milk that stretch reflex for everything I can get. Even the way I unrack uses some bounce

it really doesn't matter, your body cant count reps. so long as youre pressing hard

I hate this exercise. I use a spare barbell but I can't tell if it's 20kgs. How can you identify their weight?

weigh it you retard

Yeah, I pause to take another breath and flex glutes and abs

Don't do push press, just use hip drahve for the first one as you let the bar touch your chest and rebound to give you some stretch reflex, like the rest of the reps.
Like waiting to catch your breath at the top for your last rep? I prefer to do that at the bottom and then use hip drive again, because for me the top is unstable sometimes.