How do you stop a hiccup?

How do you stop a hiccup?

Attached: hiccup2-461950.jpg (590x350, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_si2nTehUJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a thread died for this

fuck you help me

>fill glass of water
>bring glass to mouth
>wrap your top lip around the furthest side of the glass
>gently bend over so the water is flowing into your mouth upside down
>drink as much as you can
>get up
Your welcome.

hold your breath for 10 minutes

If you dont wrap your fat fucking nigger lips around my cock and pleasure me to completion I'll kill another one

shoot yourself in the head that'll stop it

Attached: edge master.jpg (600x728, 129K)

eheheheh

Attached: 1519609582919.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Try to hiccup.
Just sit there and concentrate on trying to hiccup on purpose.
The hiccup being an involuntary action, when you trying to force a hiccup it confuses your brain into stopping your hiccups.

Works for me anyway.

Attached: 1351072443491.jpg (223x349, 36K)

Help me fuck you ;)

You know when you do that strained exhale to take a shit like going super saiyan?
Always fixes it for me

>inhale all the way
>sip on some water
>exhale all the way
>sip some water
wa la. I don't know why it works for me, but I would assume it has to do with messing up your breathing

youtube.com/watch?v=_si2nTehUJE
this will unironically cure your hiccups if you drink at least half of the glass. I'm serious try it.

OP, this is what a Kaiser advice nurse told me, like 20 years ago, and it works like magic:
>get a tall glass (at least a pint glass), fill it with water
>get a paper towel (double it over if it's thin and weak) and hold it over the top of the glass tight
>start drinking the water, sucking it through the paper towel
>drink ALL the water, don't stop sucking it through the paper towel the entire time
This works because it creates a pressure differential between your mouth and your esophagus, which is why you have the hiccups in the first place. It equalizes the pressure stopping the reflex that makes you hiccup.
The trick to making this work is to be swallowing and sucking water through the paper towel simultaneously. Otherwise you don't create the pressure differential necessary to equalize the pressure in your body.
You'll want to do this over the sink because there'll be a little water spilled when you do it.

When I get the hiccups they're violent and I have to stop them or I'll end up puking. This method has worked for me 100% of the time for decades.

Swallow a teaspoon of table sugar as quickly as possible.

Thanks, it worked!

There's no real reason to try any other method when this is pretty much foolproof. As long as water is running along the roof of your mouth your body literally will not let you inhale, probably because of the mammalian diving response that stops you breathing underwater.

Just make sure to drink slowly for as long as you can.

Force yourself to belch. This causes the muscle that makes you hiccup to relax, which SHOULD make the hiccupping stop. If not try it a 2nd time and it'll almost guaranteed work.

source: This is an actual medical thing, not just some bullshit.

Don't do this is makes mustard gas

I'll add that EVERYTHING else in this thread is pseudoscience. The belching thing may SOUND weird, but it's the only actual medically accurate method. The solution is literally to force the muscle causing the hiccupping to relax, and the only way to (voluntarily) make that happen is through belching.

The method is also most effective if you prolong the belch as long as possible, as that will hold the muscle in its relaxed position longer.

Your eyes will pop out of your head if you do that

Attached: nervous.jpg (768x768, 102K)

Say your full name out loud.

Always works.

based oldfag

Hold your breath user, always works for me. You have to take a big gulp and don’t release until the hiccups are gone. If you hiccup or need to exhale before they’re gone just start over

I had the hiccups for 4 days once

When hiccup starts immediately start holding your breath for 10 seconds. Hiccup goes away.

i always breathe out and drink ~100 ml of water