APFT

How the fuck does anyone fail an army PT test? Im in college ROTC, day one we had diagnostic. I naturally did shitty because I was (and still am) a computer dork and autist. 8 weeks of three day a week PT and im passing. By the end of the semester I'll probably be in like, 250 range because I can run like a fucking deer. How the fuck does anyone fail this bar being injured?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 58K)

Most people have spent their whole lives living a sedentary lifestyle and have 0 conditioning whether it be for endurance or for running. The thing is, it really doesn't take all that long to build up that conditioning and BCT is literally designed to take the couchest of potatoes and turn them into someone at least able to pass the minimum standards for the APFT. The sad truth is most of these kids either give up on it because they've never had to face any true adversity in their lives, or their first real world experience is a DI screaming in their faces for hours at a time which breaks them completely and they're unable to recover.

Well thats fucking depressing. We do have MSIII cadets here that have to go to remedial PT and Im just fucking boggled. We dont get great workouts in group PT so a lot of us walk over to the on campus gym and finish up there. But im not doing anything crazy. I just run and do a little bit of lifting and core stuff. 30 minutes of effort.

>i just do 30 minutes of effort
Again, if you have no conditioning whatsoever, it's very difficult to keep up with PT. That's what a lot of these kids don't understand. Once you've actually built up some initial cardio conditioning, you can go 6 months without so much as a jog and kill a PT test. If you give up before you've even reached that level, however, you're never gonna progress.

There's a lot more factors to blame for the overwhelming drop in the population that is able to serve in the military. All the more reason to take pride in our ability to make it in.

Honestly I think we need more positive encouragement. I remember our first official run one of the dudes who I knew was in good shape was struggling during the run. Big guy, real strong. I slowed down a little and ran with him, all I said was "30 seconds left mate lets get it." Got him to pass with around 10 seconds left. He later told me I was the only reason he pulled it out. I told him we both know thats bullshit, he did all the running. Point is, especially with ROTC, I think team work needs to emphasized more when it comes to PT. As it stands now its just kind of "youre a shitbag if you fail."

dude. im active duty air force and the amount of fucking fat asses is nothing short of embarrassing. do people not have any shame anymore? i see monstrous landwhales walking around about to pop the fucking buttons off of their uniform and its seriously a disgrace.

the excuses that these walking jars of mayonnaise come up with is nothing short of mental gymnastics bro.

/rant

How the fuck do I improve my run time? Got a 288 on my last one and I want to improve. Anyone have any tips/tricks?

idk little dude, in the actual military we cheat blatantly and no one cares.

Sometimes you don't even show up and pass.

The PFT (and PT in general) is bullshit and everyone knows it. Once the standard PFT gets switched out with this new OPAT style PT test hopefully weʻll start seeing squad PT actually turn into something useful and not just AGRs and pushup/situp pyramids. Only useful thing that comes out of morning PT is runs, and thatʻs mainly because next to nobody actually runs on their own time.

>Im in college ROTC

Give it some age and some wear and tear on your body. You are young, it would be pathetic if you failed at all right now.

>because I can run like a fucking deer.

Again, this is something that gets harder as you age. For the record the new 2020 PT test is going to be harder on twinks whose strong area is running.

i want to join the army but i have to get one of my testicles removed first and that whole process will probably take like 6 months considering urologist appointments take fucking 3 months to set up. Really considering just dying of cancer eventually.

For the running, don't just run 2 miles whenever you pt. Switch it up a bit. Try running 2 miles but alternating sprinting and jogging. Helps if you have a track so you can sprint 1-1/2 a lap and then jog the next one. Do 200m-400m sprints with 10-30 seconds rest in between. Do squats. Do farmers carries, do them up and down stairs. Go on ruckmarches. This will help target specific weaknesses you have with your muscular/cardiovascular capacity. Same thing with pushups. Do 25-50 wide grip pushups, then close grip, then triangle, then normal. Also find an efficient pace and go into front-leaning rest for a few seconds every ~25 pushups for the PFT. For situps, do different ab workouts and on the PFT really throw yourself down and try to bounce off the ground as much as you can without letting your butt come up on each rep (it's allowed). And if you're in the Army, you might wanna start getting ready for the new PT test.
t. A guy hopefully going SF in a few months.

Just run intervals like 3 times a week and do a long run once a week. APFT fitness is the one thing that the Army gets right in basic and then fucks it up once you go active.

300 Meter sprints as fast as you possibly can for maybe 10-15 mins, 3 days a week. Then cycle in a long distance run like 1-2 times a week. Your run time will decrease fast.

>Marines PLC program
>recruiter says I need to have a very competitive score
>20 pullups
>110 crunches
>21 minute 5k time
>I can only do 9 pullups, 40 crunches, and run a 8:40 mile
FUCK

stop larping or i'll call jocko willinks to come beat your ass faggot

fucking adhd prescription is a real hurdle to contemplate over. I want to do my undergrad in the service but it will be hard without my pills.

Attached: 1512787684054.png (540x604, 449K)

people are lazy and stupid

run faster

even if you are strong, the sit ups can be difficult to pass without minimal prior training. I was a cross country runner and did lifting. I was never trying to train for the APFT. My first test I got 85s in push ups and running, but failed the sit ups by a couple reps. Sit ups are retarded.

People are fucking pussies.

>That one Drill Sergeant who lifted a 100lb weight with his middle finger, flipped everyone off, and then chugged a Monster
>That one Drill Sergeant who made a point of whooping my ass during the combatives final because he liked me
>That one Drill Sergeant who snuck up on privates like a ninja
>That one Drill Sergeant who made Sammons cry every day

Dammit, you're making me miss basic. Should've gone active duty.

Train like a motherfucker. Nastygirl here, went from being one of the weakest guys in basic to getting on the extended scale in pushups (PT test this weekend, gonna knock it out). Anyone can get strong.

>Train like a motherfucker
How long did it take you? I have a month. Should I give up lifting for this time and focus only on the PT test?

A few months... I'd focus solely on your PT Test exercises if I were you. DESU I'm not that much of a stud, but I've dropped my normal routine these past few weeks to focus on push ups, situps, and running. Will you get another chance if you don't do so well?

>>That one Drill Sergeant who lifted a 100lb weight with his middle finger, flipped everyone off, and then chugged a Monster

*front leaning sip position, move*

Heh. The M16, now that was a rifle. None of that car-been shit, privates.

Attached: 39586375_2117958795186439_1612589881971515509_n.jpg (1080x1222, 61K)

YOU. ARE. FUCKED.

Officers always end up scoring 285+ from my experience. No idea how either since they’re all old as fuck and tend to sometimes be rounder.

>Will you get another chance if you don't do so well?
Yeah I guess so

If I joined the national guard so I can have light commitment and not get deployed while I get high commitment and being deployed?

where can i find new pt test requirements?

I did AFROTC for two years. PT is bullshit, but it did get me to like group calisthenics. We did a PT test a month back before I left. I was dumbfounded by how these fuckin' zoomers suck at running. Nigga I'm fat and smoke how the fuck am I gonna outrun these bitches? Well it's simple, they hate PT and I don't. Lazy asses I swear man. Test is easy if you specifically train for it. If you don't, then you're gonna have a hard time.

It's inevitable considering the Air Force is mainly technical. I'm currently in the process of enlisting into the AF but I'm gonna keep fit when I'm working my god damn computer job.

Give it everything you've got and if you fail, then keep training until you make it.

Check 'em.

Attached: Big ounce.jpg (720x725, 39K)

As far as I know, they're still working on them. My company did, however, try out the new test. The supposed minimums should not be a problem if you got a 288, unless you're mega twink-mode. Getting a 600, however (since there's now 6 events), looks pretty insane. If I recall correctly, maxing out on deadlift requires 3 rep deadlifting all the weights in order all the way up to 420 lbs. The thing where you pick shit up and sprint with it is no joke either. And on top of that you have the run at the end.

>kid on the way in February
>tired of dead end jobs
>can't afford to go to college or trade school without taking a massive loan

My wife and I have been talking about me joining the Navy, neither of us really want me to do it but it seems like the best option we have at the moment. Any advice you guys have?

If the only reason you want to join is for the benefits/money, I would join the national guard or reserves with the shortest contract possible. That way you'll get the GI Bill (free college) a year after you enlist. If there's something you really wanna do in the navy, then yeah go active duty.

I actually want to join the Air Force, how is it?

Can active duty just be a job in the states or is it exclusively deployment?

>naturally i did shitty
>how does anyone fail
Wew

Is there a reserves for the Navy? Also I do have stuff in collections so I'm not sure if that would be a problem