QTDDTOT

is there a name for this and is it worth doing? Basically a standing bench press

Attached: standing bench press.jpg (211x239, 3K)

rotator cuff breaker

How effective is GOMAD?

I don't think I have enough money for a full gallon a day, milk is like 6$ a gallon near me. I could probably do a half gallon though. I just started lifting in the last month and I'm trying to bulk up for the winter, any general tips on bulking?

Attached: GOMAD.png (457x555, 562K)

Rate my routine:

A:

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Barbell rows 3x5

B:

Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Why do we need to rate ss?

Honestly, I thought I was doing it wrong.

just eat enough protein and eat junk food or soda to fill in the rest

What are common ratios for proteins/carbs/fats that people use? The sticky does say something about macro ratios but doesn't give any numbers or categories for the ratios.

I've only been doing calisthenics at the gym and figured I could save money by just doing it at home, not to mention I can do it whenever. So today I ordered a doorway pull up bar and some parallettes. Anything else you fags can think of that I'll need?

>no power cleans
that is not starting strength

MORE SETS

MORE WEIGHT

EAT MORE FOOD

GET MORE SLEEP

Start at 33% of total Calories for P F C
Get your protein macro from 1.25 grams/lb of bw
adjust from there

Any good recommendations for good oblique and core workouts? Summers coming for us ausfags. Im 6'1, 77kgs (like 167lbs i think?) and about 10% bf and my core looks like shit. What should i cut to?

How do you fat fucks deal with chub rub? (Thigh chafing) I want to keep exercising but it hurts bros.

Maybe an ab wheel and a foam roller

gold bond but your diet is probably what needs to be addressed before cardio

It's closer to SL but with even less volume somehow

Attached: Screenshot_20181019-234847_VLC.jpg (2220x1080, 452K)

post body, I'd love to see if you're actually 10%

No, fucking useless

What is that, some kind of bizarre isometric shoulder exercise?
Why would you do that?

I did half GOMAD for the first couple months of 2018.

pros
>gained 30-40 pounds
>tasted like a fucking milkshake when I drank it while high

cons
>acne got worse, and stayed worse for a few months after quitting
>lost any semblance of tone I already had, obviously
>had a qt in my room and she literally said "what the fuck, user" when she saw my recycling bin full of half gallon jugs
>i heard your BO smells like spoiled milk if you drink upwards of half a gallon per day

All things considered, I'd recommend it if you're in cocoon mode, and don't already have acne problems

Swap the days for bench and OHP, OHP uses your back more and makes deadlifting harder.

>lost any semblance of tone I already had, obviously
I'm dyel so I'm not worried about that

>acne got worse, and stayed worse for a few months after quitting
I get pretty bad acne as I'm still growing (19 and I've grown 2 inches in the last year), so i have something prescribed for it if it becomes a problem

thanks

anyone got that photo of lenny eating a tranny's ass with the words, "if only you knew how bad things were"

If I'm 153lbs and 5'9 manlet king and not DYEL should I bulk or cut? I'm at about 14% body fat right now and its really been hard to break through it. I feel like I'm just wasting time and losing muscle.

Attached: 1539563440619.jpg (1232x1226, 374K)

>That 30+ year old boomer doing standing bench press.
Stop adding fuel to the fire.

I'm a skinny guy that's got a bad habit of missing meals because college habits die hard. Should I eat at the end of the day to supplement this? The way it usually turns out I have lunch at 1, dinner at 6/7, and a third meal at 11 PM.
I get the impression this is a bad way to eat, but I don't feel hungry in the morning and eating more than toast or a bagel then makes me feel overly full. How do I break out of it?

>150lbs
>Not a dyel

The first step is admitting it, user.

>milk is like 6$ a gallon near me
my god man where the fuck do you live

I have no legs so all the muscle is in my upperhalf lmao. not dyel by normie standards. here probably

so I should just bulk?

What cheap protein/fat source should I replace carbs with? I just realized like 70% of my diet is bread or rice.

That's stupid.

haha i thought he was t-posing from the thumbnail XD :DDDD

Needs at least to be moved to 5x5 at the bare minimum and and too much heavy squat, add leg press and weighted chin ups on B days instead of deadlift and I think that would be good.

Not him, but I’m military stationed in Okinawa. Milk is indeed $6/gallon.

whats a good replacement for deadlifts for a shitty gym that doesnt have a place available for them

What's a good proportional, well rounded goal to shoot for and see which lift is lacking? All I've heard of is 1/2/3/4, anything for beyond that, or with some other lifts included?

Why are you wasting time trying to break through 14%, it's not even summer. Pick up weights and lift hard until you're at least 180 and have some actual legs, then you can worry about how pretty your abs look.

How's this routine as a beginner?
AxBxAxx
>A
Bench 2x5, 1x5+
Chinups 2x6-8
Curls 2x10-12
Squats 2x5, 1x5+
>B
OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Chinups 2x6-8
Curls 2x10-12
Deadlift 2x5, 1x5+

gymnastic rings and OG2

Oats, beans, eggs, Powder

That's what you get for joining an Israeli defense force. I hope the Camaro and ptsd was worth it

Why are you only working out 3x a week?

What do you guys think of this routine

Attached: Screenshot_2017-06-07-18-00-30.png (1440x2560, 478K)

Unironically silicone sex lube.

There is cheap milk if I wanted to buy it from walmart but i can't digest it anyway if it isn't raw. I'm in southeastern pa so I could probably get milk straight from a farm for dirt cheap.

Since it's a full body routine and I don't have time for more days

A fucking meme desu. Seriously. I see no weight progression at all and some of the exercises picked are retarded noob tier.

Does this workout make sense? It suggests to have a rest day in between so i build muscle. I'm a first time weight lifter. Please give any advice you have.

Attached: workout plan.png (1325x428, 22K)

> 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70...
Is this the weight you're going to use?

i've seen people do a lot of dumb shit in the gym, but i've never seen this before

yes

Could I replace incline bench with dips?

Seems pretty ok then. You should some isolation work for your arms tho. Barbell Curls and Dips.

Not really. Chest dips are a replacement for the decline bench press.

How the fuck do you actually choose and join a gym?

Attached: 1530278011538.png (821x869, 36K)

What are some calorie dense things I can eat to help me quickly reach my calorie requirement for the day? I've already eaten all my meals and met my proteins and fats. Do I just load up on carbs for the rest?

Trying to fix my bench form. How hard and how consciously do you have to contract your back to keep the shoulder blades retracted during the pressing prat of the movement?

Check online to see where your local gyms are.
Separate them by those within your price range.
Visit each one and ask for a trial day.
Get a membership for the one you like the most.

Peanut butter, you can put in on anything.
Or eat salted peanuts, or any nut really.

Attached: 1512450859105.png (1356x764, 1.09M)

So SS except barbell row instead of power clean? Why not just do SS?

You're also in for a rude awakening if you think you'll be adding around 5 lb to your ohp every 4 days or that it can stay anywhere near your bench for very long.

went from benching 10kg 10x10 to 60kg 10x10 in on week ,am i doing good ?

Attached: 1540126219594.jpg (600x741, 92K)

Lets get down to business
To defeat
The hun

Yeah don't do it. If you are really really skinny and you need gain weight, then do it for 1 or 2 months. After that track and weight your calories really fucking carefully and eat a very small surplus while hitting your macro's daily.

Its called a standing bench press. I don't see why you would do that though.

I just ate a bunch of food but I forgot I wanted to go for a run today (within the next 1.5 hours). Anything I can do to not get sick, like any sort of warmup activities to calm the stomach?

>"what the fuck, user" when she saw my recycling bin full of half gallon jugs
someone needs to draw this

Shit. No accessories means imbalances all over from nothing but barbell bullshit. Stop worshipping low volume.

If I have been doing bro splits for 1.5 years, what aesthetic benefit would I get from this routine?

Attached: 7EEA8713-6703-4967-BE08-BD6761C00C4A.jpg (800x497, 98K)

Vaselin, rub it on before doing any exercise

Switch out chin-ups on B with dips. Not sure why you would do so many curls.

my god people are still falling for the GOMAD meme lmfao.

Just eat enough healthy food u fucking speds.

This is a better program

Attached: 1466351591390.png (700x600, 37K)

Whats your stats? they cant be good...

No x2

Lads my right hand hurts whenever I grip the bar and every now and again when doing not gym stuff. Should I take a couple days off and give it a chance to rest or should I power through the pain. I think it's a strain, rather than carpal tunnel, because it doesn't happen at night

When running, I put my home keys around the jack of my mp3 player. The weight of the keys keeps on damaging my earphones though. Any good solution to keep my keys secured during a run?

So, the defense force in my country requires males my age to do 40 pushups in a row and run 2.4km in 11 minutes. I just ran 2.4k in 9 minutes after eating a massive meal and battling the nausea and trots so I'm fine there. I did the 40 pushups but they weren't very good quality, and my chest was only getting really close to the ground for the first 20. How can I improve the pushup performance?

Carry a small rucksack and run softly. That's what I do, it also allows you to add weight if you want/need it.

Along the same lines, is it still a 1RM if I have a sip

Participate in the daily push up threads and bench press.

I can't train my upper body because of a bad
inflammation between shoulder and back, so basically no chest, back or biceps. I can train only lower body/cardio. Any advice on how to get most of the gym ? What kind of cardio should I am for, HISS or LISS ? Since i'm basically stuck doing cardio for a month a least.

Australia right?
Pushups need your elbows to be at least 90 degrees, you are also allowed to rest at the top by keeping your arms and legs straight and pushing your ass up into the air, making getting to 40 pretty easy. Just practice lots, do as many as you can continuously and try to do one more than the previous day.
Pushups are a pain and the best way to get better at them is to just do lots.
Also if you're going army I was a reservist for a few years so might be able to answer any random questions you might have.

Do squats, become the Trex you know you want to be

>replace deadlifts
opinion discarded

I just finished my 1.5 month cut, how long do I have to stay in maintenance before bulking again?

Attached: 1539538083967.jpg (462x323, 12K)

>stay in maintenance
for what purpose?

Squat and dead on day b?

Just do a greyskull

Read that I should take it easy a bit firat before bulking, because if I go on a surplus immediately after a deficit, I risk rapid fat gain.

Sounds like broscience to me, I've never heard anybody say anything like that, most people chill at maintenance for a while because it feels good to be lean.

Maybe just have your surplus at 250-500kcal for the first couple weeks if you are that worried, 1.5 months of cutting shouldn't really impact your metabolism that much if you have any amount of muscle mass.

What can I use to protect my knees when I do ab wheel roll outs?

Would you leave your girlfriend if she is going to travel through South America by herself for 5 weeks even though you have made it clear you feel uncomfortable with it?

Why are you uncomfortable with it?
Do you think she will be unfaithful?

Soda has shit tons of sugar youll destroy your energy levels in the gym

>ohp'ing 2-4 sets a week
could you imagine.

Attached: 1540011352684.jpg (1152x646, 31K)

Yes.

First time fit poster be gentle.

Rate my routine pls.

AxBxCxAxB

A
squats 3x6-8
leg press 3x8
Seated calf raise 3x10-12
SL standing calf raise 3x10-12
DB shoulder press 3x10
Front raise 3x10
Shoulder flys 3x drop set to failure

B
Bench press 3x8-10
Incline Bench Press 3x10
Landmine chest press 3x10
DB chest press 3x10
Seated row 3x10
Chinups 3x12-15
SA DB row 3x10

C
Deadlifts 3x5
Assorted arm exercises

Scattered abs throughout the week and stretching each muscle group 2x per week

Any sort of pillow or cushion (if your at home)
If your at the fold up one of the exercise mats they have

whoops fucked that up
it is ABCABxx
Didnt understand the format initially

Box jumps for legs. You'll never get huge doing calisthenics user. You should at least supplement them with weights unless you want to be skinny strong.