Supplement thread

What to take and when?

So much information out there and would like a breakdown of what I need vs. what’s bullshit

Attached: E6AD2174-8345-4A3B-9CE9-0138A193CAF9.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supernaturalacnetreatment.com/does-zinc-cure-acne/
pnas.org/content/early/2018/01/03/1715035115
cardiacos.net/wp-content/uploads/ArticulosMedicos/20170813/2017---Review-of-Magnesium-and-Calcium-Magnesium-Supplements-by-ConsumerLab.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I’m thinking of taking ZMA before bed or is it a meme? If not would I benefit from just zinc and magnesium - if so what should I look for and when is best to take them.

Redpill me on vitamin d3 - when is best to take that.

Money is not an issue, and sometimes my diet is not the best (working on it).

Fish oils?

I’m taking protein shakes - 1-2 a day and creatine 5mg a day.

Work more on diet.
Vitamin D timing not important.
ZMA is good, consistency of sleep is better.

Potassium
Magnesium
Calcium
Multi
Fish Oil
Coconut Oil

+ various seasons that stimulate insulin or nutritional breakdown like cinnamon or apple cider vinegar

Not necessarily but, is taking Zinc and Vitamin E for Acne legit or a meme?

Can someone recommend me any supplements for me?
I currently take A to Z complete vitamins and mineral tablet and Omega 3 fish oil.
I have some wheatgrass powder but idk what to do with it or consume really, thinking of getting spirulina powder or zinc.
I'm also a female with pcos and my hair keeps falling off, i started going to the gym months ago and there was a time where my hairloss dropped and i started getting periods again for like a month or two but after working out more i'd miss some months of periods and my hair is falling again, i cant afford the gym anymore so i guess im just hoping maybe supplements could help me a bit if not cure. I also get breakouts but i guess it's the same issue with not being able to afford good skincare routine stuff.

d3. you can take it any time of the day or the week actually. you can take it once a week and be fine. 5,000 iu average everyday is good amount. dose like 15 of them when you first get them if your deficient in it (you probably are). it's like a hormone that builds up in your system
get magnesium citrate and zinc seperately, the magnesium in zma is probably shit form and a good form will definitely help your body because almost everyone is deficient in it. with zinc you probably aren't deficient but it's possible it can help
I've heard recently that people stay away from fish oil. it's a BS industry where people push it as a healthy thing whereas it's actually fucking up your body slowly
5mg creatine, you mean 5g?

what I take
I take magnesium citrate, d3 5000, natural factors BetaCareAll (carotenoids (for pseudo skin tan)), trans-resveratrol, k2, several grams of c, I want to add in Astragalus for tolermerase lengthening or whatever it is. there might be some other stuff that I will end up taking but I need to do a bit of research and find these old TYVD threads that I got saved somewhere... unless you guys have them?

i'm this goy

maybe Pumpkin seed oil will help, i know it's supposed to help men who are losing hair. also nizoral shampoo which would probably be a better bet.
isn't there meds for your condition?

>I also get breakouts
zinc helps some people. vitamin d3 is great at clearing skin too. try that out

Been cutting down on supplement use lately. Was taking like different 10 supplements per day and it was too stressful. Logging that you don't forget something and some interact and deactivate one another. Have been replacing them with natural foods. Mainly self made kombucha. This stuff contains various vitamins, probiotics and trace minerals.

Now just
>Vitamin D3 5000IU
>Magnesiumcitrat
>Boron 10mg
>Iodine
>2-3 brazil nuts (selenium)
>half cup of kombucha
Always supplement magnesium with vitamin d. The magnesium is needed for further conversion or the vit d will remain uneffective.

Attached: starterpack.png (1000x750, 955K)

>Zinc, D3 and Pumpkin seed oil
Ok ok will try em
Thank you

>tfw that pic describes me
>tfw 25

Should i give up?

just take as much vitamin k as you can

Keep going. We are all gonna make it.

Attached: body_mind.png (800x600, 35K)

D3 is fat-soluble and not water-soluble, so you should take it during or directly after a meal for maximum absorption. the timing does matter.

Same questions as this guy, just started ZMA, gives some damn good sleep but will it help with anything else?

I'm also deficient in Vitamin D, took supplements for a while but stopped, exactly what is the benefit of it in terms of weight lifting?

What is supposed to be bad about fish oil? Haven't heard a bad thing about EPA or DHA whenever we were taught about it (this was food science so they usually talked shit about stuff like this).

if you're not deficient in zinc or magnesium then no

Why natty betas use more money on supplements than most roiders on a simple cycle?

Redpill me on ashwaganda. What are your experiences with it?

vit D3 if you lack sunlight.
magnesium.
diet salt.
for zinc and B vitamins, eat more beef and liver.
vit K2 MK4 for general health, MK7 for bones.

Supplements are a scam.
Just eat natural food - lots of meat ideally. You will never need to take another pill.

didn't really feel anything maybe slightly hornier

doesn't work for some nutrients because we don't eat the whole animal anymore.

Oh, guess I'll just use it for the good sleep then

What nutrients?

Took it along with Rhodiola rosea, as both have a synergy. It mainly decreases your cortisol. So you feel calmer, more confident and your test rises slightly becauses there is less cortisol to supress it. No huge difference but I became more out going. And I feel like the effect is strongest a few hours after ingestion,so get your timing right.

No zonk?
Seasonings; Rosemary, Ginger and Tumeric in your lineup, user?

Magnesium citrate why? What makes it better than other types?

Someone redpill me on this.
Heard K2 has potential for hair regrowth?

But you don't lose focus, drive etc.? Just calmer due to less anxiety?

>vitamin d3 - when is best to take that.
after a meal that includes fats and preferably during the first half of the day as it gives you a boos of energy and you may have trouble falling asleep after taking it. Take it every day for a month, two, three then give it a months rest before restarting again.

Being actually healthy vs being a raged out, impotent zit farm?
Am ashamed I respond to bait weaker than your maxes.

Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D Vitamin D

Attached: 5FA584E1-C36F-4A82-8138-2F7D388E8D1B.jpg (1242x1484, 1.14M)

Pill form user, not pants snausage

hey user
I take;
whey - extra protein
bcaa's - helps with recovery and tastes great
ZMA - helps with recovery and i feel less groggy in the morning after taking these bad boys the night before
Fish oil - just cause

Eat well.
See a dermatologist.
Go for a decent run every other day.

Good advice.
Bad reply.

Creatine
BCAA
Beta Alanine
Magnesium
Calcium
Glycolog
Ligandrol
Ibutamoren
Fish Oil
DAA (Aspartic Acid)
Argentinian Cattle Testicular Glands

Attached: IMG_0175.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

Carefull with buying supplements and takling people their word for their power
A lot of people dont do their research and get sold gypsy magic by snake oil sellers

Find a supplement thats interesting?
>Check research on supplement
>Decide if its enough assurance
>Buy it
>Experience and evaluate
>???
>Profit or no profit
Repeat

Also dont take anything other then vitamins for more than 5 weeks
Do 5 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Otherwise you're building tolerance and paying for nothing

:O

Buying sarms in caps lmao. nice buying fake sarm prob a pro hormone. all sarms in caps are fake

Barney

I've heard zinc has good anti-bacterial properties so that would help skin yes

all this money wasted on supps I've honestly stopped believing even do anything
one thing I noticed is that I can't get a cold, even if everyone around me is really sick
but besides that I'm not sure the supps I take - multivitamin, zinc, vitamin C, fish oil and megnesium do anything
of course creatine is a different story

Worked wonders for my acne. See this:
supernaturalacnetreatment.com/does-zinc-cure-acne/

Good bioavailability and still cheap. Just make sure it isn't magnesium oxide. That has a shitty absorption rate.

ibuprofen 400mg
glycine 6g
Omega-3 900mg
L-Arginine 2-3g
Calcium Carbonate 750g

oh and creatine. might start putting beta alanine in my pre-workout creatine shake

should I be worried for my kidneys if I've been using fish oil non stop for months?

Not quite sure if Ashwagandha had much of an effect. Maybe a slight 'don't give a fuck' feeling but could have easily been placebo. Not even the other user but Rhodiola had an immediate, stimulating effect. Higher energy, feeling pepped up and ready to do something. The downside was feeling hot, jittery and slightly impaired concentration/calmness from being so wired. The picked up the V-shoppe 500mg because it was cheaper but the dosage is too high imo. Going to pick up a different brand with hopefully 100mg capsule and find my sweet spot. One thing I forgot is that it was great for hitting the gym. Overall less fatigue during the day and easily got into a sort of workout trance. Does seem to aid in weight loss though, careful if bulking.

how is mk4 superior for health compared to mk7?
does mk7 have any health benefits at all?

Vitamin D3 because doctor saw I had low levels. Turns out my mood improves the days I take them. Turns out the secret is to not give a shit on what people think, and act sensibly

No. It's easy enough to get a couple grams of fish oil just from eating a big serving of fish and that doesn't cause people's kidneys to explode. Are you chugging bottles of the stuff or what?

Yeah low vitamin D is thought to contribute to SADs.

If your levels get high enough it shouldn't matter whether you take it on a particular day or not.

I take a multivitamin and beta carotene for skin color gains. Stopped taking fish oil when I realized I can just put flax seeds in my oatmeal. Yes I know its high in estrogen, I don't give a fuck my testosterone is already around 750 it's probably better if I lower it if I want to live longer.

What other vitamins can I supplement for sex gains?

Daily ibuprofen makes you a söyboy. pnas.org/content/early/2018/01/03/1715035115

Except most vitamin D already comes in gel caps suspended in olive oil or similar. If it's a solid tablet, sure, definitely better with food. But if it's dissolved in an oil idk how much having more food helps. Lol take it with fish oil for even more fat in your stomach.

I ran a SARMs operation. Selling in caps would have been a dead giveaway that they were not research chemicals so we avoided. Idk if everyone selling in caps is fake but you could be right

Lol enjoy your test and sperm disruption with ibuprofen

30 here. No shame, it takes some people longer than others

4 pills a day as they recommend on the package

How good is lutein+zeaxanthin for skin?

NEO-PCP 100mg

Attached: Soyondi.gif (256x256, 49K)

maca for sex drive. l-arginine for larger cum gains

Morning
>l-theanine
>zinc
>kudzu root
>milk thistle
>vitamin K2
>vitamin D3
>vitamin B12

Night
>magnesium glycinate
>psyllium husk
>ashwagandha

As needed
>caffeine
>whey
>extra dose of ashwagandha and/or l-theanine if feeling anxious

Had an extremely stressful year and this stuff really helped a lot.

Friendly reminder that magnesium is a great supplement, but citrate can make some people shit themselves. I find glycinate to be much more tolerable

Attached: Nightwolf-axe.gif (130x178, 48K)

cardiacos.net/wp-content/uploads/ArticulosMedicos/20170813/2017---Review-of-Magnesium-and-Calcium-Magnesium-Supplements-by-ConsumerLab.pdf

For those looking to buy magnesium.

Also do not buy magnesium oil, it is a scam

Why do ya take l-theanine in the morning? Isn't it a muscle relaxant?
Also, I use psylium husks as well, but what exactly do they do?

D3
Zinc
Magnesium citrate
Lions mane
Kratom (max 4 times a week)

Usually take the kratom for work. I'm on night shift and it puts me in a better mood. It does also really help after a big back or leg day when my shit is rekt before my shift

Vitamin D3 and K2 to start. It's a blanket recommendation for most people who don't spend their days out in the sun or eat liver or doing GOMAD.

If you're a vegan, stop being vegan. Egg and milk will restore your health in 6 months or so.

If your bodyfat percentage is very low, you should increase it.

If you consume processed vegetable fats (as in pretty much anything from ice cream, mayonaise, chocolate, and as "filling material" in most factory made food) you need DHA/DPA/EPA fishoil to compensate while reducing the amount of processed vegetable fats.
(I'm not talking olive oil or avocado when I say processed. I mean those industrial fats that used to be unedible until they invented strong solvents to clean them, like canola oil.)

timing does matter a bit since it interacts with the circadan rhythm

Nothing bad about Epa and dha but you should get it from fish if you can. A lot of times the commercial pills are heavily oxidized, defeating the purpose of fish oil supplementation. The studies showing its benefits are either with fish itself or with unoxidized oils that have been tightly controlled (which youre not going to buy)

I only said 400mg ibuprofen bc i took it today. I don’t take it every day morons. Maybe 1-2 a month.

canola is edible because its rapeseed bred to have low levels of erucic acid, not because of solvents.

also i consume no canola

Anyone here injecting vitamin b12? Much better than oral b12.

Ive read in a couple places that it "balances" hormones. Im not being retarded on purpose I swear but does that mean that if you have high test it will lower it to some degree to some level compared to estrogen or another hormone? Seems like it might be worth the money but I don't want to get memed and lose a little test

just bought 25 µg vitamin d3 tablets and are going to take two each day, assuming a deficiency is what's making me wake up tired each morning how long until I see an effect?

I would really get yourself tested. I did, and was super deficient even though I'm white as snow (went from 12ng/ml to 38ng/ml) You dont wanna overshoot though. To answer your question, I'd expect your levels to stabilize to a given level of supplementation within a month or two depending on your level of adiposity

and to achieve that change i was on 1/week 50,000 IU D2 (standard potocol) and then supplemented on my own 4,000 IU D3 per day. The skinnier you are the less d youll need to reach a particular blood level

No, it is never to late to get your shit together.

why would you give up on climbing out of a hole?

No but I inject heroin mixed with crack

I just had a blood test for anemia (and magnesium, and testo/estrogen, and gluten intolerance, and blood sugar...)last week, I don't want to run in there like a hypochondriac again so shortly after. I'm gonna take vit D and train my cardio and see if I improve, I live in sweden anyways and apparently past april-august you don't get any vit D from the sun so it'll probably do me good anyway). I wonder if I should take zinc as well, I was going to have it measured but I must have forgot. My testo came out as pretty low at 14 nmol/L, so maybe zinc deficiency might have something to do with it.

Creatine: Less than 5g (I don't know exactly, I just never fill the scoop all the way). I drink it in my morning coffee/tea.

Whey and casein: I take it shortly after working out. I fell for the meme and just kept the habit. They make protein requirements easy to reach. I use one scoop each in my shake.

I also take two fish oil pills, a magnesium pill, and a vitamin D3 pill, again with my morning coffee/tea.

It seems like a lot of other stuff is bullshit.

Yeah I feel you fellow scandi bro. I live in Minnesota, and besides lack of sun, it gets way too cold to get any sun in the winter. I can understand not wanting to go back in to get tested again. Most likely you are deficient. Also, for testosterone, not sure if you're lifting heavy, but that definitely helps. Also enough sleep is key.

I think you're right. The only other supplement I'm sure is an effective ergogenic aid is HMB

I foregoed lifting a few weeks before the blood test, but I'm weak as shit and make very slow gains anyways. I'm probably going to go full autism with intermittent fasting and proper macros starting next week, I'm tired of fatigue and weakness. Anyway, 50 µg isn't too much right? I had the impression that you can go up to at least 100 with no ill effects.

No, I take two 50mcg pills a day (100mcg total) and it's only brought my to 38 ng/mL. You'll be fine, just get it tested next time you're in. I love IF because I feel it helps keep me sharp for most of the day. If you're really that week, make sure you're getting enough sleep and more food than you think is necessary and you should see those numbers climb.

>Best-before date and quality is important
This is true and deserves to be mentioned. Especially when the supplemental market is a competetive business who all compete by lowering quality while bragging about their amazing brand.

>GMO food is great
It's not just canola it's most oil-crops the human body wasn't designed to graze upon.
Neither sugar or processed vegetable fats used to be freely available in "concentrated" form.
Modern studies (not sponsored by Big Grain) conducted by the 95% of the worlds considered non-US finds it very difficult to replicate the "healthy results" of the ancient questionable sponsored studies.

But some cracks in the consensus, nobody is allowed to question has started to appear.
For example: Some argue it's not the transfat that's unhealthy. It's the vegetable fat, and the hydrogenization just makes it stick around for longer.

>Not much sun in Sweden
That's why dairy/milk consumption is huge in scandinavia. It's how they got their vitamin D3 for the last couple of centuries. A gallon a day will give you 40-50 mcg. Other countries further north (or GB) often relied on liver and similar intestines as vitamin rich sources.

that zoomer haircut is more cringy than mullets

Yeah, but I'd rather pay 30 SEK for pills rather than 1260 SEK for milk every month

yes that was very obvious when you put it right next to all the other things you take on a daily basis in a thread talking about things taken on a daily basis
>moron
cmon man its ok to make mistakes, own up to them sometimes

kek he got pretty aggro really fast about that.

No, l-theanine stimulates the production of GABA, which means it's an anxiolytic. In the beginning of the year I was so anxious and depressed I could barely sleep and when I was awake I was so miserable and fucked in the head that I almost killed myself. I'm much better now, but I still take the theanine because it helped me so much I'm nervous that I'll drop below my new baseline if I stop taking it.
Psyllium husk is just easy fiber. I take 4 tabs, 2g of it at night for shitting gains.

L-Theanine
Rhodiola
Ashwagandha
Zinc
Magnesium
NAC
2-4 drops of Lugol's Iodine
Creatine
Lutein

cholecalciferol every day, 1000UI, it's even free since it's payed by taxpayers.

Creatine
L tryptophan 2000mg
Ashwaganda 4000mg
Vitamin K 300 MCG
Vitamin D 4000 ui
Magnesium citrate 400mg
Fish oil 20.000 mg

Argentinian Cattle Testicular Glands o.O

Sorry guys i was in a bad mood forgive me :-|

Why Lugol’s Iodine?

Creatine
Multivitamin
Vitamin D
Zinc
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Biotin
And sometimes melatonin
I also recently got addicted to phenibut, don't take that stuff everyday bros.

Attached: ee62505298dd8901db19dbc02f0b9f2b0458cc081ea3e8dada0f3fe683048aae.jpg (908x703, 60K)