How can i make spiritual gains Jow Forumsizens?

how do i break my conditioning and transcend myself?

Attached: 1482276152716.jpg (1024x782, 304K)

Hello user, as for books:
-The Gospel of Mathew, it's written in a very epic-like style, you've gotta go back to the source on Christianity because most modern Christian spiritual books are trash.
-The Power of Now, this book helped me understand Consciousness in an amazing way, and it's a great resource for meditation. I recommend the audiobook version, which is narrated by the author.
-Tao te Ching, get Red Pine's translation, he includes many commentaries by masters of the past centuries.
-Yukio Mishima's commentaries on the Hagakure are another source of great warrior wisdom.

You can find all these on Libgen or torrent websites.

These books are good guides on how to meditate, and pray. I also go to mass on Sundays. Once you have learned some of the basics of how to listen to your spirit, it becomes easier.

Good luck on your journey user, and if you have any questions ask. Please remember the wise masters who came before you, and don't give up, we are all going to make it.

Attached: Dh1bgDjWsAEXrBu.jpg (1000x682, 56K)

>inb4 brainlet Npc’s mention LSD, shrooms, dmt

this
but also psychedelics

>implying an npc would ever dare to try psychedelic drugs

>implying NPC’s can make any spiritual gains without outside help
Physcadelics are the ultimate cope

If you have tried psychedelics and didn't have an amazing transformative experience it's a sure sign you are an npc not capable of higher levels of consciousness.

Attached: 094856904.jpg (900x720, 129K)

Plenty do, they just do it at a party for fun as opposed to anything else. They then end up talking about third eyes and put an alex gray poster up.

Good example of an npc here.

That sounds an aweful lot like pretentious NPC cope

This is the saddest cope, if you had to be externally forced by chemicals to have any self-reflection and considerations of qualia then you are unironically an npc. I mean that very seriously, not as just a laxy insult.

> npc_action use_mushrooms
> npc_colorprocessingerror
> npc_internalclockerror
> profound.exe

Attached: _20181022_112530.jpg (1200x1254, 301K)

Trips of truth

Attached: DDBB7867-67E6-4D41-B044-A24BC2C0D6E4.png (173x399, 110K)

Not taking psychedelics is the epitome of being an NPC. You're literally a robot if you've never experienced anything other than mundane life.

I don't think psychedelics are good spiritual gain tools, good if you're stuck in a negative thought process or mood though, used it to pull myself out of a year long depression and social rut.
Nothing about the trips felt particularly spiritual to me though, just introspective.
Try meditating or talking to people of faiths you feel resonate with you, OP. Really study them, learn what they teach.

Study different models of describing consciousness. The Maslow pyramid, spiral dynamics, the 8 circuit model, psychoanalysis (Freud, Jung...).

All of those go in the bin

I've tried psychedelics several times but they are puddle deep ways of moving past the mundane and if that's all that did that for you it makes you an absolute non player.

>t. unexperienced copecel

Literally have a philosophy degree, a medical degree and have done lots of psych work. They are brainlet trash.

go to different houses of worship and learn about them

churches, synagogues, temples, mosques

You don't hit truly relevant milestones with work and education. Hint: it's sex and social life.

three big hits of DMT in a good headspace

Im married have my first kid and am 27, i think im doing well with milestones. Somehow did it all without Jung.

Idiot. You are supposed to fuck different women for at least 5 more years.

lsd is pretty good, if you're comfortable with psychedlics try shrooms or dmt

all fairly low risk as long as you test them

Yeah really sounds like freud did you some good.

the mild effects of weed forced me to come to terms with a lot of things when I was ready. made it impossible to ignore insecurities so I had to deal with them. keeping smoking seems to make me too dumb to work things out on my own tho, so I don't do it unless I've got a lot of stuff built up I'm not working through.