Are bro splits pointless to do if you're not on roids?

Are bro splits pointless to do if you're not on roids?

Attached: Screenshot_2016-11-22-17-03-43.png (480x800, 350K)

no

just because something isn't optimal doesn't mean it doesn't work, most of the big natural guys at your gym probably got there doing brosplits

what the fuck is a "bro split" in this context, dumb fuck?

PPL is a "split", are you also grouping it up with once a week frequency?

If I'm trying to get a new friend into lifting and they're hesitant I put them on a bro split because they show results pretty quickly to get them motivated.

Attached: 61a6e05.jpg (2048x2048, 217K)

2-3 workouts focusing on concentrated parts i.e Day 1 - Chest + Biceps

This N for example just benched for a year hahaha

bro split should be used when first starting out just to get motivated and then later on used again for aesthetics

pointless? no

the most efficient? no

does it matter in a period of say 10 years? no

plenty of gym rats get huge on brosplits, but most of them have probably trained for 5 years+ (in my gym at least)

its not like PPL, ULUL and similar splits are optimal just because they're 2 week freq. either

if you really want to optimize your split you have to start looking at movements and individual muscles. shoulders should be trained every workout for example. you should also press 4 times a week (bench and press split). DL 2 times a week. squat 2-3 times a week.

Idk; random dudes on the gym got buff with a retarded brosplit
Not worth the effort to be pointy and intelligent when you go to the gym, do a trash brosplit you found after 4seconds on google and you will be muscular

Pretty much everyone in my gym trains a bro split and there's some big guys, and also newbies come in and do bro splits.

I'm not really a big guy for anyone yet and a couple of people have questioned why I do full body, feels bad man.

ill tell you this

full body is a meme unless you're half strong, like intermediate levels, or have done a lot of sports in the past

if you're a skinny fuck with zero muscle you need to do high freq and high volume with medium intensity to build a solid base of muscle

wrong
theres an archieved thread where two twins did SS/bro split and they looked the same

good thing that i NEVER told anyone to do either a brosplit or SS then

what is the point of this image?

I just assumed it was OP

This is the complete opposite of the truth. You do starting strength properly an within two months you hit a 2 plate squat and deadlift, 1 plate bench, and near 100 OHP. You do your dumb ass bro split you hit a 100 lb bench, 85lb incline bench, 25 lb dumbbell benlch, 25 lb curls, 150 lb squat (prob not even that since no one does legs) and a bunch of other random shit. While losing 5lb of bodyweight because all brosplitters are interested in 'toning'. While on SS you've put on 15lbs.

Bro splits work for Athletes because they already have a decent muscle base. You average skinny fat white male Jow Forums poster has no muscle base. They need SS to teach the basic movement, and build a muscle base. Regardless of this SS is better than a bro split for athletes as well. But not by as much.

Wait so what would you do then?

>tfw is totally true, but after 10weeks I got these stats and not 8, but nvm I never did sports in my entire life

Btw, still doing fierce5 as opposed to SS because muh upperbody volume, but I still get mad when gymrats look now bigger than me despite squatting half a plate etc

Attached: 31755228_1414115112027657_5237751800458641408_n.jpg (602x541, 20K)

Eat more. Strength development often is quicker than muscle development. But if you keep eating big the gain will come.

both of you can't read

when the fuck did

>high freq and high volume with medium intensity

become equivalent to a brosplit?

Oh yea, I forgot to meme you by saying it took you longer because you didn't do SS. :p

Okay dude sorry. The original guy thought you meant bro split so I rolled with it. SS is high volume. Youre squatting big 3 times per week. Add chin ups and dips to get more volume for upper body if you think you need it.

I did SS, went on vacation for 1month and took my time on fierce5 to reah my old stats, statistically Im getting stronger since I lost like 5kilos duting the holidays

Honestly I don't know what you are suggesting, not being a dick, are you saying full body is bad because its too low volume and frequency? so you should do PPLxPPL or something?

if that what gets you in the gym and gets you to work out.. it's not pointless.

Imo though 3/4 days of fullbody is the most cost effective routine for a natty lifter.

as a beginner higher frequency is better since you get used to the movment and get more technique practice. as you progress and lifting becomes second nature it becomes a matter of preference. when adjusted for total volume FBW and splits produce similar hypertrophy gains. splits allow you to really focus on a few particular muscle groups and those godlike pumps you get are a huge draw. some distinguished coaches like hany rambod there is additional benefit of pumping the muscle to the max that is fascia streching, allowing for fuller, thicker muscle bellies. its nigh impossible to get the same effect with FBW since it would take several hours in the gym and as people reach more advanced stages of muscular development hey will more or less have to split their workload somehow.

nah just sub optimal if you wanna be a fag about it, everything works as long as you have some sort of progressive overload involved