How are those flexibility gains coming along Jow Forums?

How are those flexibility gains coming along Jow Forums?

Attached: 1024px-Överspagat.jpg (1024x687, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVVUtV5W85I
youtu.be/uSHMDCguI84
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Very shitty need some strech routine

Too much flexibility means you won’t be able to get right for a lift.

how to get a ballerina gf?

How to get any gf

Attached: 1537475892800.png (1416x2239, 82K)

need to improve on my active flexibility (splits off the ground etc). I foolishly only worked on static stretching and I've got a lot of work to do.

B

>mfw can barely get past 90 degree middle splits

God damn my hips are so fucking inflexible.

Attached: 0240ea1fdba6_sf_12.jpg (381x288, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cVVUtV5W85I

ugh yeah just imagine if this dyel was stiffer, he coulda pulled a lot more weight

Can’t touch my toes

>too flexible meme

How did this start?

SS fags, rippetoe hates stretching

This. I think flexibility/mobility is one of the most underated aspects of weightlifting, esp on Jow Forums. It makes your muscles and tendons stronger, prevents injury and will make your lifts blast up.

Any stretching routines you could recommend?

youtu.be/uSHMDCguI84

a "weightlifter" is someone who practices the classic olympic lifts
weightlifters obsess over mobility

>t. dyel

S U P P L E
U
P
P
L
E

I just started stretching a couple days ago. Why am I actually less flexible after stretching twice a day 2 days in a row? Do I have to give my tendons rest or some shit?

yes they definitely need to rest my friend

When fat powerlifters started doing literally anything to cut corners and shorten ROM to lift the most weight. Any stretching that would make your hips able to go 1cm lower than depth is gonna destroy your total.

Different time of the day maybe. I’m always very tight in the morning.

COPE

it is actually a real thing, in the sense that you can increase your range of motion without increasing the range at which you can actually exert yourself (which is what typically happens). in this case its easy to injure yourself because you can get forced into an extreme position due to your flexibilty but can't control it or safely maneuver yourself out

I think when people hear that though, they use it as an excuse to never stretch. Meanwhile, they can't touch their toes.

I can touch my toes now

Attached: 1494110699553.png (1027x731, 28K)

I have a herniated disc and I can't even go past my shins for stretching.

>20 minute workout 1980
>Video is 9:13 long
Hmm

Damn bro, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Time moved faster back than.

Yeah it sucks, but it's getting better bro so I think I'll make it. Everyone will make it as long as they try and not pussy out

be a ballet dancer, it's pretty great

Reminder that a solid stretching routine done a few times a week does wonders for injury prevention and rehabilitation, even if you don't care about flexibility.

There were some studies, where ?gymnasts? (or some other athletes) tried some routine and got evaluated.
Next time they stretched prior to doing said routine and got a lower score.

Some ignorant people saw this study and spread the myth. What they were missing is that the second time the gymnasts did a heavy ass stretch, including long static stretches, as opposed to the normal warm up lighter stretches.

pretty great thanks, I can do the splits

your

THIS I've been doing a simple routine that takes 10mins for the last few months and my hamstrings are so much better already. Now doing L sits and handstand pushups to.

Everyone should have a simple basic stretching routine they do everyday.
Hell throw in a few sets of calisthenics and call it a day.

quite well thank you, OW has increase my overall flexibility, with a large emphasis on my shoulders.

Give me the routine

Working on hamstrings and back primarily, tightness is really hindering my squats and DL

I can suck the whole thing now.

Anybody had any experience with ROMWOD? I'm thinking about starting the free trial

Attached: 1539281359495.jpg (381x376, 85K)