/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Remember to respect those that are bigger and stronger than you. Projections dont put weight on the bar.

Attached: Untitled27.png (203x185, 57K)

1st for manlets in singlets lifting with 1 inch range of motion

I'm pretty sure those bigger and stronger get the respect. It's those weaker that are shat on

would u rather lick a man's asshole or pull sumo

I reluctantly choose the asshole

Daily reminder that sumo is a far more natural and athletic movement that c*nventional

Attached: C8010D69-F909-44C0-BD90-424C4296FDA2.jpg (982x988, 176K)

seriously this is my first pair of knee sleeves and i can't tell if they're supposed to feel like ass or this pair is shit

they're strength shop, but they had good reviews on amazon so idk

and my pair of powerperfects just came and they're half a size too small worst internet shopping experience EVER

why the fuck do people wear knee sleeves and sleeve looking things on their wrists?

sumo looks way too technical and dangerous lift desu.

Sumo is cheating

>sumo is athletic
laughinggirls.jpg

When is the last time you had your legs in between your arms while picking up something heavy? Only a moron would lift something heavy like that. Instead, everyone naturally does a sumo stance

Attached: C9C9D8B9-52C3-422D-BAE1-F4E83682ADD3.jpg (425x319, 30K)

>not doing sumo power cleans for maximum explosiveness and athleticism

If you think atlas stones are anything like a sumo deadlift you are a lost cause.

Nice cope.

Just started SS and 3 sets of squatting 50 lb put me to my limits

For the love of god please tell me there's hope

>t. dyel

Post deadlift videos

Just squat more next time, it's that easy.

You will never be a competitive powerlifter, but you can get bigger and stronger than you are now.

lmao that picture is far closer to a conventional stance than sumo, thanks for making it abundantly clear you dont know what youre talking about

Jesus Christ nobody on here actually lifts

GOMAD

>t. never picked up a heavy atlas stone
My pr is a 300lb stone to a 48" platform, what's yours?

I don't record my lifts, and besides, I wasn't arguing against sumo, I just said it's not comparable to atlas stones.

>arms inside knees is what defines sumo

I dont post videos here. Nobody should.

I deadlift 275 kg at 95.

Yeah well now I'll become a competitive powerlifter to prove you wrong
Give me your name so I know who I'm eradicating

George Seeger is my name.

Those feels when 290kg deadlift isn't even your last warm up for the day and wormchadding has become a full time occupation. 8 days out boiz

Attached: VID_144181122_014811_614.webm (720x900, 776K)

Stay safe my dude, keep us posted.

hello again 2100 total shrekposter

Holy yikes, that is one rounded low back or WHAT?

Attached: 1536265669071.png (376x419, 138K)

I'm not the shrek poster, thankfully.
And I wish my total was anywhere near that good, it's a mediocre 1450 @ 200lbs.

You better call his mommy.

Fuck yeah boys that's a tasty 317.5kg

Attached: 20181031_191758-VideoToMp4.webm (504x504, 948K)

which comes out to a real 200kg. GTFO with that fgt suit.

u look good, is that a pr?

Does suit-lifting help your raw? or is it the otherw ay around? Or is there no transfer at all?

wew that looked easy, 350kg next comp

I want my face snuggled between your meaty quads.

What are you all dressed up as?

>paki in the background ready rape you

It's bigger than my comp max and the best eq rep I've done

Both help both to a limited degree but to get better at equipped long term i think you need to be getting stronger raw too.

Next comp is two and a half weeks but I think I'll definitely pull that in my lifetime (equipped)

Hot

Haven't we beat you like 10 times in a row at varsity

>accidentally grabs the bar right in the middle

>to get better at equipped long term i think you need to be getting stronger raw too
I find it hilarious that this might even be a question
equipped lifting is truly the biggest meme of our time

It's all so tiresome

Knee sleeves are supposed to be really comfy. Only time they weren't comfortable for me was when I tried on my gf's sbd mediums because I need larges. My calves were too small to keep them in place so they kept sliding down. My medium stoics are comfyyy.

Jesus try not to turn into Mong and kill people from your vertebrae launching out of you

Myron

It's fun though, at least unless your deadlift suit rolls back up onto itself

Is deadlifting with bumper plates cheating?

Yeah but only if it's with a pool noodle.

>suit so tight you can't grip the bar on first try
>audible "hooo-hmp" even in silent webm when bar breaks floor
>grin at the top, cheeky "aye you seeing this" nod to bystander
you are a living meme and I adore it

>suit so tight you can't grip the bar on the first try
It's very difficult to grab the bar with even a moderately tight suit.

I made this for you.

Attached: rbbt.png (1500x1500, 1.37M)

Damn isley is looking thicc

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

Hehehehehe I enjoy it

Daddy AF

>can’t make progress raw
>puts on suit and tighter belt for 10 kg more instead

the fuck do you know about moderately tight suits, every 3rd post from you is complaining that you're too fat for yours

Dubs and I never lift weights again

Can you go cry like a bitch somewhere else?

I'm actually not fat enough, because otherwise the legs on my deadlift suit wouldn't do what they're currently doing

You’re weaker than me nigger nobody cares what you say. Isley is a communist faggot.

Nice blog

Yeah but that doesn't bother me as I'm not part of the university and I just want to see my club mates smash PBs and have fun.

Actually though, some of my friends are continually improving at it despite not being able to squat 100kg raw or bench 100kg close grip feet up. He does 260kg/200kg at 93kg (sq and bp btw)

It's fun being me

>can't make progress raw
Lol. Check me out on open powerlifting and say that.

Squiiisssh sploooop splooDROP DROP

MHMM MHMM MHMM THIS ONE IS A STINKER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

WEWF this Norman khan is stinky phew weee

Anyone has the 365 strong ebook and can share?

You should become a ghost for Halloween

how retarded would it be to add a second bench day to 5/3/1, i'm doing db bench press every lower body day and i feel like i could recover from much more

My back is straight as a line can be in squat.
Cant setup myself into DL without rounding low back even with half of squat weight..

do you have short arms or long legs

arms are short

>Sumo
>Athletic

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Attached: Laughing Girls.gif (444x246, 2.96M)

A totallet like you can't afford to give up any advantage

>c*nventional
>athletic
I’m afraid you must be brain damaged with that amount of cope

Isley, stop bully

You could replace the OHP for a speed/tech bench session if you wanted.

The knee sleeves add some stability and compression to your knees. The wrist wraps are because they don't know how to grip the bar.

>When is the last time you had your legs in between your arms while picking up something heavy?

Last time I deadlifted. Also when I clean, snatch, or carry 6 grocery bags worth of milk in from the car.

At least there's nowhere for you to go but up.

Sure, but I'm too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on suits to do my lifting for me.

Conventional much more closely resembles the position players will find themselves when in a scrum. And since scrumming is about the most athletic and manly thing a human bean can do, conventional is clearly more athletic than sumo.

Sumo more closely resembles positions in girly non-sports, like basketball.

I lift more than you raw so I wouldn't sniff at my choice of fetishwear.

>Muh scrum
I've done a lot more rugby than you.

What should I be focusing on to avoid lower back rounding? Is tight core and chest up enough?

>t. broscientist
Absolute nobody has a stance as narrow as pic related in any athletic sport. You can cope all you want on the internet as to why a sumo chad is pulling significantly more than you, jumping higher and running faster though.

Attached: A280AAC8-46B8-422A-B0E6-CD2161BC80C6.jpg (758x438, 53K)

>wanting to avoid lower back rounding

post raw lifts

pull sumo

if you can't get a flat back on conventional off the floor because you have meme proportions it's only a matter of time until you blow a disc

sumo is only okay imo at plus 700 pounds, I do regular deadlifts and feel no shame though. Don't be a sumo lifter, we are laughing at you

Had a great Halloween

Hope you faggots did too

Attached: +10kg bench.jpg (2448x3264, 918K)

I'd rather lift less than snappy

You bros watching anything tonight? I think I'm gonna watch the evil dead, go for a spooky late night lifting ses, then watch 2 and army of darkness.

I'm gonna have a wank instead mate

Nice blog

I think he's got 240/160/320 between gym and meets

Thanks geezer sounds like you had a shit one LOL

>did too
It's like 630pm here lol

Happy halloween

I'm having a friend over in a bit to watch some scary movies and drink. Pretty comfy desu

Happy Halloween cunt, sounds like a good night

Close, 242.5kg but that'll be more soon ;)

Been here 5 years, first time checking a /fraud/ thread out of boredom and I see fucking Rasputin

>2 reds

No, I got whites at a comp with 242.5kg

But the other two are correct