If you can't do AT LEAST 1/2/3/4 you shouldn't give lifting advice of any kind

If you can't do AT LEAST 1/2/3/4 you shouldn't give lifting advice of any kind.

Attached: 1537277540479.png (1080x1350, 1.2M)

What is 1/2/3/4?
I’m being unironic here

Attached: BCD9BC35-36F0-40FD-9276-29A1EB6B4EC6.png (500x281, 55K)

what's that?

1 qt wife
2 happy dogs
3 beautiful children
4 proud parents/in-laws

1pl8 OHP 2pl8 bench 3pl8 squat 4pl8 deadlift

It’s referring to ‘plates’, one plate is referring to 1 45lb plate on either side of the bar, coming out to 135lbs on the lift.
1 plate OHP
2 bench
3 squat
4 deadlift

why did you have to inflict this kind of pain

Ok. I’m half way across the board except for 2 plate squat.

You cant support 3 children you stupid polcel

I unironically desire this more than gym 1/2/3/4 term.

>1/2/3/4
it's atleast 2/3/4/5 for giving lifting advice. 1/2/3/4 is beginner level

Attached: 1529312132234.jpg (800x715, 38K)

OP here, I agree but that's an almost inappropriate level of gatekeeping.

inappropriate would be 3/4/5/6.
And I personally know at least 4 people who can do that.

i do 2/3.5/5/6 and I dont think im qualified to give anyone lifting advice

I don't know anybody personally that presses 3 pl8's but I know several people at my gym that have the 4/5/6. Even I almost do, bench is just holding me back.

D-delet

I've got everything except 4. I'm stuck at 3.5. I'll just continue to blame the cut.

*BRRRAAAAAAAAAPPP*

why not base it on bodyweight?

200lbs guy who ohp 1pl8 is not strong, 135lb guy ohp 1pl8 is in much better shape

I'd love to snuff that muff. Who else fellas?

I'm not particularly strong, can barely bench a pl8
When I see guys in the gym and their shitty as form it makes me want to go over there and help them out
The problem is that I look like King Skeletor, the First, and my appearance kinda invalidates my advice

What do friens?

Attached: image_0.jpg (746x541, 219K)

what her name!???

You're weak and your opinions are invalid

you dont have any of your own advice to give if youre a skeleton. direct them to an experienced source

How do you balance the bar when its a non pair number?

Kek lmao

You copied my post from the grill 1/2/3/4 thread a few days ago.
You can keep using my IP but I want 50% of the (you)s

I'll start paying up, (you)

Agreed
I'm at 1/2/X/3.5 (i quit any kind of leg workout because I need to wear suits for work, ex-rugby player and big thighs are hell, I just run/kick/jump now)
I'm not even that dedicated , I train bjj and boxing and there are weights in the gym, I'll usually lift once maybe twice a week

What if you dson't know your deadlift and squat numbers because they are shit moves and you do different compound moves.

that pic tho lmao

If you think I copied your post from a few days ago, you copied my post from a few weeks ago.

(You)

Let’s settle this, does 1/2/3/4 count for 1rep max, for reps, or for 5x5? Because I’ve heard all of these things

1 rep max because if you can do it once you can do it

max

otherwise im not part of the crew

1x5

D E L E T
for (You)

While this is true I'm gonna tweak your statement a bit. Feel free to give advice if you've EVER done 1/2/3/4
I can't anymore because of injury but I could before and I'm full of research and experience

Bump this I want to know!!!

Attached: 1535323036396.jpg (1280x936, 102K)

1x5 is fucking minimum, anyone that says 1RM are weak faggots who haven't made it yet

I say 1rm and I warm up with your maxes. Stop gatekeeping faggot.

2/3/4/5 for reps? and natty? and not power lifters? i bet there's less than 5 people on Jow Forums who can do that

>dl
>shit move
ISHYGDDT

i'm sure you're stronger than me, but you don't warm up with my maxes

The jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

You fuckin asshole

Attached: 1505760336839.png (633x758, 29K)

Unlikely

based

Attached: 1533155255080.gif (600x505, 798K)

Really because i'm thrice certified in the fitness industry and the content of the textbooks doesn't become less true depending on what I've focused on in the past. I never bothered with barbell lifts until less than a year ago. But I guarangoddamntee you i'm more qualified that you are to talk about the anatomy and physiology of adaptation.

Here (you) go

>all books no practice

1RM. I can do OHP & Bench for reps but not Squat & DL.

and then you will diet at 75 while eating at texas roadhouse and in your final moments you will wonder why you never accomplished shit in your life. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

My old gym had a bodybuilder who routinely failed his meet prep and came in looking either 4 weeks out or 4 weeks into post-season, who had 3pl8 behind the neck seated presses as his top set for 5-6 reps. Somehow his on-stage weight was 215lbs and he walked around at 225-230.

Another guy who was way past 4/5/6 did 3pl8s OHPs for sets of 3, but had a 6.5pl8 bench gym record and a 250kg meet record (always overshot his 3rd attempt, wanting to outbench his gym PR). He always made sure to be exactly 307lbs prior to benching.

The gym owner was a 47 year old guy, 210lbs, who benched 4pl8 in competition, squatted exactly 5pl8 for a double, deadlifted 6pl8 for triples like it was nothing and his 3pl8 OHP was fucking strict, dead stop from clevicle level to a hold at the top.

Those 3 guys were at the gym I started lifting at.
There's also the powerlifting instructor I know who's semi internet famous (won Strength Wars 2017), so that's 4.

And a partridge in a pear tree

What if I loath dogs and my mother is already dead?
Is 1/0/3/3 enough?

Attached: 1343717498456.jpg (500x325, 96K)

What is 1/2/3/4? Newfag brainlrt here

I'm at 50kg bench
80kg squat
100 dl
40 ohp

If you don't have over 150k subscribers on YouTube you are not qualified to give lifting advice.

is anything on bayesian bb site true? various articles on frequency be it 3x 5x or 6x a week, then another article that 2x is better than 4x a week, training to failure, links to some article that you can burn fat and gain mass, spot reduction is real, metabolic damage grows muslces/doesnt grow muscles bro splits arent that bad, on lylymcd site he says brosplits are okay if they are done right

>tfw can't bench 2

Duck you, booba

fuck it let em snap

I don't even lift and i give you guys advice kek

Tfw my fucked up 2/2.5/3.5/3.5 deadlet lifts make me sad but I unironically have this anons 1/2/3/4 and it makes me feel alright

What was her name, user? What did she do to you?

I'm roughly on 0.5/1/1.5/2, so halfway there :) We're all gonna make it fellas

Attached: images-1.jpg (230x345, 11K)

What the fuck happened to your deadlift

That's only if you start at 0/0/0/0. You probably didn't so it's more than half.

?

Yeah nah that's true!

i would say for 3 reps, 1rm can be pretty inconstant

underrated

i'm almost 30 and at 0/0/0/0, kill me

Attached: 1540228612688.png (857x796, 699K)

you're harsh, but brother you are honest 5 rep is very attainable

It's not like I can give them my own original advice®
I'd point them in the right direction and let them go from there

>am 30
>passed 1/2 a long time ago (don't do legs because they're too big for pants compared to my waist 'manlet problems')
pick it up bro, there's not enough people my age that can compete with me

didn't actually see what you were quoting, i'm an idiot

isnt 1 plate OHP pretty hard tho?

What the fuck lmao

Here is a (you)

What makes underboob so much better than cleavage?

1x5 Without a belt or straps

Easiest to do as noob

Oh good. I thought it was bodyweight, not plates.

I wont say I'm 1234 until I can 3x5 it. Got a ways to go. I can 1rm 1234 and the 2pl8 bench I can only do 3 reps. Feels bad

I give fitness advice, not lifting advice.

If you can do it even once you can do it

I've got a weak as fuck OHP, I can't seem to get my numbers up. Any recommendations?
1.5/2.5/4.5/6

if i could do that, i wouldn't be here

Your bench is worse than ohp imo

>mfw

Attached: mfw.jpg (674x674, 74K)

Is 1/2/3/4 for reps or just for 1?

The way I see it, my contribution to society is to spend all my free time(i.e. time outside of the gym) watching athlean x videos so that other people don’t have to and can just ask me fitness questions instead.

Technically 2.75

I'd rather take advice from the broken guy that was in a car crash and has to lift to keep functioning than the guy that just followed a routine to 1/2/3/4 and whose largest setback was a deload.