Lets talk about cardio and its benefits

If you don't do cardio and keep your heart rate at at least 70% for 20 minutes, 3 times a week, you wont make it.

>a sense of calm and focus after, while feeling energized
>a workout that weights cannnot give
>literally exercises your most important muscle
>scientifically proven to make you focus and retain information

Take the elliptical pill

Attached: tumblr_mm5cimxAvC1r6se7zo1_1280.jpg (609x611, 155K)

And, if you can't keep making strength and muscle gains while incorporating cardio into your routine, you probably are a simpleton

I just want to look good for girls, I don't give a shit about the health benefits.

I'm always dead tired after cycling for 10kms. Can barely think and move.

>a sense of calm and focus after, while feeling energized
No. I always feel like shit and exhausted for the rest of the day.

I know I should do cardio. I just don’t because I fucking hate it.
If you do your lifts somewhat quick and with minimal rest time, you also do „cardio“, btw.

Based on my experience, I recommend using an elliptical (it is more fun to me) and only going for like 20-30 minutes and just getting a great sweat with your heart rate never dipping below 135.

It makes you refreshed, focuses you, calms you, and ive noticed my skin is way better too lately.

>his heart rate doesnt go above 70% when lifting normally

Do you do bicep curls only?

It goes above that only for the very brief actual amount of time lifting and for a minute or two after, not for 30 minutes straight.

If your heart rate is that elevated for the entirety of your lifting routine you have shit conditioning and CV

Does „straight“ make a difference?
If I lift for an hour and count out rest time, my heart rate is up for at least 30 mins anyway.
If HIIT works, why wouldn’t you get cardio gains from lifting?

You do, a little, but you aren't going aerobic the way you do with HIIT

elliptical movement always felt unnatural to me, I prefer the stationary bike

Nothing beats incline walking.

Okay Jow Forums, so throughout highschool, I was underweight and wasn't doing any sports. I went straight home and sat around everyday. I had/have bad cardio, like when we did the mile run in school, it took me over 10 minutes to do because I would run out of breath instantly. Now today I've gained weight through lifting (was 6ft 135lb, now 160lb), but I still haven't done much cardio. My heartbeat gets high from just walking fast and gets really high when lifting. Like when I do squats, I am completely out of breath and don't want to do more weight because it feels like my heart is going to stop from working too hard.

What's the best way to start doing cardio? Should I start just doing brisk walks because my heartrate gets high from that, or should I do something really intense like trying to run as fast as I can go or jumping rope? How long should I do it for?

Based

Inclined walking:
>Burns a bazillion calories (900+ an hour or so)
>Can be done for hours
>Doesn't fuck with joints
>No need to feel like dying ever
>Comfy enough to prop up your phone and watch Baki

Start oversleeping to work.

>droolinggrug.jpg

Cycling is the best cardio hands down. There is NOTHING better than getting stoned and going on a long bike ride through the countryside admiring just how fucking beautiful the earth we live on is.

It is the closest thing to a religious experience that I have. Literally nothing compares, it basically saved my life a few years ago.

cardio for the sake of cardio is bad for you. your heart should not be trained to work hard for no reason. if you're not working another muscle and feeling a good burn your heart should not be working hard either. that being said, if your heart isn't working hard when you're lifting, you need to increase your weight.

Biking, my niggers. All I'm gonna say.

>eliptical
eat shit and die you fucking faggot. If you're going to do cardio, do it as GOD intended, fucking go outside and RUN/CYCLE. Cardio machines are for chicks and faggots.

>cardio for the sake of cardio is bad for you.
Source?
>your heart should not be trained to work hard for no reason.
Literally why the fuck not

??
your heart is a muscle doing "cardio" is basically an isolation exercise friendo
also if you're only lifting heavy and that causes your heart to "burn" you have a weak heart and you should do some cardio before you get a heart attack

do you plebs not use the stair machine or are your fatasses too weak to use it? srs question its superior to your gay ass elliptical and treadmill and build muscle/cardio

Attached: 1536024617765.jpg (824x1095, 113K)

i work out in my home gym so im not gonna buy a stairmaster

based

Attached: 1539993407097.jpg (480x467, 37K)

>running
>super high impact, destroys joints
>heat/cold
>elliptical
>super low impact, can get great workout
>no heat/cold

hard choice, heckuva hard

if you've never used a precor AMT you arent in the conversation either btw. which i know you havent because you go to some poor person gym

Will inclined walking improve my butt muscles/shape to make it look better? What number incline and speed and how long should I do it for?

>going outside
>ever

Enjoy your skincancer you rapidly aging leatherbag.

you only destroy your joints if you run wrong but going to hard too early for running will fuck your shit up
if you're gonna go low impact cardio either use a rowing machine or pic related

Attached: airbike.jpg (1500x1500, 163K)

>t. vampire skele

Attached: 1538241556106.png (672x787, 979K)

>using any machine at all
poofter

Attached: 1539180098186.jpg (886x642, 127K)

I often use the stairmaster at my local gym as they've ridded treadmills for incline walkers, I've heard posture is important for maximum gains.
I do play football once a week too, which is getting easier each week

why would anyone use that garbage? Precor AMT is 10 times better.

Absolutely patrician. Just finished a 50' elliptical session with an average heartbeat of 150bpm. Listened to Slayer's Reign in Blood in its entirety. Shit's comfy.

Also if you aren't competing you should balance muscle gains with endurance gains for extra sex stamina.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

What does it mean if my heart rate is between 180 and 200? When I start it's around 110.

It means that it's too high to be considered cardio.

does inclined walking help my butt look better?

I do that for 30 minutes easily, I don't feel bad or exhausted, just tired obviously, but not too bad

I just have a mini trampoline and just do rebounding as I watch some youtube videos. I enjoy doing HIIT sets for sprints but I've honestly been slacking on that. So literally the rebounding as I watch videos daily is literally a million times better then nothing. I honestly would like to a standing or adjustable desk with one of those tredmill or freerun attachments but I'm too broke for that setup.

It honestly was a lot easier in Eastern Europe countries to walk or do conditioning work. Literally everything you need was in a 0.5km radius, full of walkways, parks, and the like everywhere since the cities were originally designed for people and not cars.

Over here in the states, the only thing I got is curb for the roads I can walk, any sidewalk literally only last 1 street corner and then more curb, Everything is spread apart to where you need a car to get anywhere, and if you walk or run, people give those stupid stares like you are insane or something.

I didn't care about the stares but everything else bothers me. In the states, walking or running is something you have to go out your way to do. That's really stupid that you literally either have to drive somewhere so you can walk, get an artificial walking machine, or if you do decide to walk somewhere, you have to deal with it's own set of bs.

Enjoy your low test from your vitamin D3 deficiency, and lesser mitochondria function.

No need to push yourself too hard all the time with cardio. Maybe try HIIT instead of sustained heart rape.

>sustained heart rape.
But that's the thing, it doesn't feel like it's too much

I'm a mailman and walk 8 miles a day normally. Fuck high impact exercises.

user STOP BEING DIFFICULT AND DO AS YOU'RE TOLD
NOW GO MAKE YOUR BED

Ill acknowledge what you said but choose to ignore it for the
>ERG PILL

Attached: 00AFA921-4809-4142-9E94-11DB500E9B24.jpg (535x324, 20K)

Walking is not cardio unless you are fat.

I like swimming for cardio

I like swimming in pussy for cardio

man i'd be killed to death after 20 minutes of this

hiit can be anaerobic

>super high impact, destroys joints
Fatass
>heat/cold
pussy

user is correct.

Just keep your heart rate in the optimal range. Sip water every 5 min or so. Stream TV on the ipad. Easy peesy.

I love incline walking

But I'd love to hear more about "optimal range"

Would you mind informing me? I keep my HR 135-145 during my incline walks

I want to start on the eliptical machine, but it's exausting in a way that running isn't. My legs feel like jelly afterwards.

You are doing it right.

Keep that shit a secret.

What speed do you walk at to burn 900 calories? I just do a steady 4.5km at max incline for 40 mins and that only burns around 450-500.

You can just get the same effects from using the sauna

I do HIIT on this thing and it’s literally the most tiring thing I do at the gym.

Getting stoned and then doing some yoga, that's the way to go.

Attached: 1518848583114.jpg (484x700, 158K)

this

Attached: 32973298023.jpg (320x320, 45K)

I used to be tired all the time after doing my cardio team until I started jogging. Neither the elliptical nor bike gave me the energy gains that jogging did.

I heard sources say it’s best for fat loss if you subtract your age from 220 and take 70% of that. So for a 17 year old it would be about 142

If you have the ability to do HIIT after your actual workout then you’re slacking mr faggot

YES! based erg-poster!

had some chinese kid doing these next to my erg the other day. he was flailing around with shit form, all bent over and C shaped and everything. I took a look at his split: 2:25 lol

Attached: black_profile.jpg (319x187, 8K)

I do 3 mile jog then incline walk for 10 to 20 minutes. During this time I drink some water, shit post, and then when I feel ready to go again i'll jog another mile or so

This is some of the stupidest shit ive ever read

Serious question here, I workout 5 days a weak and start every workout with a 1 mile run (kinda fat so it’s not super easy) should I still dedicate a day to cardio?

do cardio after lifting, if you do it before it burns up your ATP and then you can't lift as much, so its not that beneficial.
Also, one mile isn't enough. do twenty minutes three times a week at least, try to work it in after your lifting or something.

who here /skip/?

Attached: ali-rope-2.jpg (381x480, 28K)

>keep your heart rate at at least 70%
what does this even mean? is cardio for brainlets?

I do 3 miles every other two days at a 4.5 speed as not fuck up my chins. feels good.

Didn't think high school freshmen were allowed here

Find what should be maximum heart rate possible for your age, make it hover around 70% of that

>tfw 5'9" 135
>bike 10 miles a day for commute (half straight downhill, half straight uphill)
>walk a lot at work, probably 5-6 miles
>also in the fall i do soccer refereeing where i run ~15 miles each weekend
>end up looking like this when already started off skinny as fuck

whoops

Attached: IMG_1593.jpg (2448x3264, 690K)

I love trail running with my doggo but any other form of cardio sucks in comparison. Swimming is probably my second fav. Either way I'm screwed when winter comes.

No, I split cardio from workout days so I have dedicated cardio (& pullups, core work, light accessories etc) and heavy days. I find it too taxing on the body.

Who here /shin splints/?

how do you figure out your heart rate %? you guys use a heart rate monitor?

I'll preface by saying if you like cardio, if you want to be better at cardio type activities (jogging), or if you already have your resistance training schedule maxxed and just want to add cardio - fine - do cardio.

But,cardio is a profound waste of time for most people.

cardio will not significantly trigger hypertrophy response in muscles. Increasing muscle mass is the primary means (beyond all dietary measures) to improve body composition & caloric direction away from fat storage.

For starters the cardio machines caloric burn calculators are wishful thinking estimations at best. TL;DR version is that maybe you're expending somewhere around

Attached: boring-treadmill-workout-hamster-wheel.jpg (300x281, 29K)

I just recently took the elliptical pill and haven't looked back.

I could have made this exact thread.

Attached: 1539225768002.jpg (1024x764, 104K)

Is the elliptical a meme?

If only you knew how retarded you are.

It's like when the carnivore people try to cope by saying vegetables are poisonous.

Attached: 1540326129868.png (1192x953, 541K)

Who's coping here?

Attached: 2000px-Graham's_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png (2000x1499, 337K)

skipping is lower impact than running, dummy

Attached: 1540951388015.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Idk man, you're just plain wrong.

As op said the mental benefits I get from 30 min steady state on the elliptical far out weigh any aesthetic benefit I get from 500 calories burned. And it's short enough not to trigger a cortisol response which is bad for gains.

Odds are most of you burgers should be cutting anyway.

Attached: 1540659863921.jpg (970x582, 138K)

dumbest post on Jow Forums 2018

someone cap this plz

Ty user
JC

>odds are most of you burgers should be cutting anyway
fucking this
how many deluded fat guys on this board think that they're fit because they can lift relatively heavy while barely exerting themselves

>That ass
If lifting is going to make me horny then it's not worth it
I need to resist thots

Should have renewed his exercising license

Holy shit, everything you just said was wrong and retarded.

Optimal range user here -- there ways to calculate it, but the "range" your looking for depends on your goals (calorie burning and CV fitness are the two i know about).

is correct -- 220 minus your age gives maximum heart rate. You'll want to be at some percentage of that depending on your goals. American Heart Association has some recommendations, so i go by those, because I'm trying to lose weight and manage blood pressure. I'm 30, so max HR is 190, and i try to be between 150 and 165 for most of my walks, usually 30 to 45 minutes.

>what is hyperbole?

I guess the brainlet is you for not not being able to figure this out. Maybe if you simulated your brain with some cardio...

Percentage is calculated by you finding out what your max HR is for your age, then monitoring your heart rate during cardio (i just use the sensors on the machine) to make sure you're in the right HR range for whatever percentage you're going for.

> dude weed xD

From what I've found this is the optimal approach to cardio:
>AVOID moderate intensity steady-state cardio
>DO HIIT and LISS
So no running etc. but instead do:
10-15 minute (plus some warm-up/cool-down) hard conditioning/HIIT sessions a week 1-2 times a week.
60-90 minute light cardio like walking 1-2 times a week.

For HIIT/conditioning, it is also optimal to alternate between different exercises. Doing the one same exercise most of the time makes you more efficient at the exercise itself, a bad thing from a purely cardio perspective.

These forms of exercise seem most effective for cardio benefits, HGH and Test benefits, mood/NT/hormone benefits. HIIT is also the most efficient way in which to increase cardiovascular health, and walking has the added benefit of being meditative. All this while also reducing the negative effects of cortisol you get from too much steady state moderate intensity cardio like runfags preach.

For other reasons, limit running unless you do it properly barefoot on grass/dirt/beach and don't swim in chlorinated pools.
Martial arts is arguably one of the best (along with sprinting). Things like rolling get done as a HIIT sort of exertion and are too involved/complex to be an easily adapted-to skill in the way that running is. The only issue is with old-school boxing coaches who were told you need to run for endurance, don't question it and make everyone run for "endurance".

You swedes crack me up

Stationary cycling, stairmaster, and ellipticals are the three best forms of cardio if you hate running or don't want to deal with pain in your shins or got the genetic shit stick and have bad joints.

All three burn calories at a high level over the period of an hour, with the stairmaster at 6-8 level intensity, taking the top. I've sweated more in 20 minutes of that than 40 minutes on HIIT bike or elliptical. But HIIT stairmaster just fucking sheds weight of you like you cannot believe.

It works your calfs, thighs, butt, and core as you're getting the full degree of locomation. Further, you're also fighitng against gravity each step greater than you would by simply walking. It's a compound exercise that's friggin' great.

Attached: 1535693033776.jpg (850x1202, 356K)