What prevents people who are clearly genetically gifted from going pro in sports that actually matter...

What prevents people who are clearly genetically gifted from going pro in sports that actually matter? Bugenhagen or Clarence for example. That kid Chase on Starting Strength dead ass overhead pressed over 300 lbs at fucking 20; natty I assume. Or Candito, or Alpha Destiny. Fucking Isley, even. Why don't those guys try something like handegg, rugby, oly lifting, MMA, fucking anything. Are they afraid of roiding(or roiding even more)? Can't risk their careers by attempting to become full-time athletes? Why do they waste time with autismal sports with no monetary gains, like powerlifting?

Attached: fa.png (900x864, 272K)

Because they're autistic that's why everyone gets into lifting its to make up for a lack of social skills

Does no one edge them on? Like, I have mediocre lifts and often get asked to participate in the school's sports teams.

Ability to pick up heavy stuff in a gym does not translate to ability on the field. I play soccer and hockey and have played both at collegiate level, and I know absolutely jacked, fit as fuck dudes who can't play for shit and fat motherfuckers who run rings around people.

There's too many technical elements of sport to 'learn' and unless you start playing at a very young age you have a 0% chance of going pro no matter how genetically gifted you are.

Sports people spend time in the gym to help get better at their sport and no other reason

Dunno man. People learn oly lifting pretty quickly; I doubt other sports are different. I don't see how being a linebacker is that different from lifting heavy shit.

Most people who claim they aren't genetically gifted don't actually eat enough. Second problem when it comes to being good at sports is age bias. There's this long-held belief that you're the strongest you'll ever be in your early 20's and that's simply not true, but it's been taken as an inherent truth for so long that many people won't even try to learn something new to compete in because they assume that if you don't learn it when you're very young you've already missed your chance.

I think that depends on where you live and what school you go to. I was newer asked for anything despite absolutely strength mogging everyone throughout my school years. I think i could have made it pretty good if id live in the states and got into handegg instead of becoming a unmotivated powerlifter.

Attached: JB-QsLM4.jpg (1252x1252, 142K)

You can only say that because you’ve never been a linebacker, grappling a heavy dude who’s trying to smash past you!= lifting a heavy object. Linebacker is probably one of the least technical sports positions out there, but it is loads more technique than say power or olylifting

Comparing Oly Lift to football is kind of ridiculous. You can control a barbell much better than a ball (or hand egg) hurdling through space and the 22 players on the field with it.

Maybe they thought you were too fat/slow. You do need a pretty decent burst of speed m8

No it´s more to the fact that i live in the autism capital of the world aka Funland. Our sportsteams and schools and universities don´t go as much hand in hand as yours. Your system seems weird from my standpoint but it does seem like it actually produces good athletism. also outsprinted the whole hockey team in our school despite newer running lmao.

Attached: 1525848567189.png (600x882, 771K)

I live in sandniggerland. If you outlift most people in the gym you are definitely going to get offered to play in something.

First thing to remember is that the athletes get exponentially better as the level goes up. Elite college athletes are literally 10x better than elite high school athletes, and even low level professional athletes are 10x better than college ones. Bugenhagen wrestled in college, but the skill difference between someone like him and someone like Kyle Snyder is massive. Life for low level, minor athletes fucking sucks. They get paid absolute shit and basically live in poverty. Unless you are are a D1 athlete in an elite school, you will probably not be able to go pro, and even that is no guarantee.
Also thisSkill>Strength in any sport. And people who have been practicing since they were 6 have a hell of a lot of skill. Hard to beat those types of guys

>Fucking Isley, even
I am too shit to do any sport professionally. I would have liked to have done rowing (crew) properly, professionally, but it became clear that I didn't have the talent for it, so I'm very content being a good amateur powerlifter. I have a decent career and after work I go to the gym and have fun.

I can also tell you I was at school with people that are now pro Rugby players, one guy in my year is in the NFL (and he went to school in the UK so it was quite a feat). People I was rowing with at university are professional, and some have gone on to win regattas that pay money and race at the olympics. But I was never as good as they were.

because of what said

being genetically gifted in one aspect of athleticism like raw strength does not mean you are suddenly going to be great at MMA or football or something, just look at Pudzianowski

tremendous strongman, gets whooped by cans in MMA

G D E
D
E

Clarence is on roids user

did you mean to post this in /plg/

yes

this

Because sports are boring and gay? Why waste time on that shit?