/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /plg/ - powerlifting general!

Post cool stuff adjacent to the sport of powerlifting.

>didn't get to make the OP yesterday even though I had a good picture edition

Attached: pale_horse_powerlifting-1541104254662.jpg (1080x1080, 468K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ekOPXht_FGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Surprisingly the cringiest thing on that pic is the slingshot

Look at that fat fuck benching his own weight

I'd say the combination of the dude's size, bodyfat, slingshot, elbow sleeves and those puny 4pl8 in the back.

Attached: Proper Highbar.jpg (897x791, 633K)

how long do you lads usually cut?

Until I don't hate myself / feel too weak.
Whichever comes first.
Currently 17%bf, and cutting down to 12% if not lower.

>cut
lol, just have hyperthyroidism and be unable to become a fat fuck (aka strong) like I do.

Is that the guy from War Machine? Or War Raiders, or whatever the fuck they're called now that the turbo permavirgins in the WWE's "creative" department got a hold of them?

>DOH 4 plate deadlift
Am I a grip god yet?

>bulking and cutting

guys guys i'm so tough check out those tatts check out this beard look how big and menacing i am am i tough yet guys??

>cut
Cutting is one of the many tools of the evermediate

If you train hard enough, and do a small amount of conditioning regularly, you should never have to worry about cutting

yeah dude just roid, when you gain weight it's all muscle so no need for the cut xD

elaborate

bulk and cut, but just eat a tiny surplus almost all the time and then cut aggressively for a few weeks once or twice a year to keep thinks in check

big surpluses for natty past novice = retarded bullshit

As long as it takes to make weight.

No he's a powerlifter this is the powerlifting thread

Did you mean to write 'single arm' instead of 'DOH'?

>If you train hard enough, and do a small amount of conditioning regularly, you should never have to worry about cutting
right, so you're still cutting, just creating the energy deficit through additional conditioning and not caloric restriction

glad i cleared that up for you my evermediate friend

Can a sub 4pl8 puller actually get fatigued enough for his deadlift to detrain? At my best I've pulled 150kg and I would just do a 5x5 every week that I was pushing every time, but now my e1rm is like 140kg. Bodyweight remains the same most of the time (80-83kg @178cm)

i get fatigued while pulling 1 plate

i think i will switch to dumbbell romian deadlifts

You should switch hobbies

>dont bulk and cut
>just eat at a surplus to build muscle, then shed the fat by eating at a deficit

You're just jelly because you aren't a good enough powerlifter to go into pro wrestling and actually make money, like Mark Henry or Big E.

Yeah true I can't argue with you there

Dont use the scales to dictate your calorie intake, use what you see in the mirror and the weight on the bar, adjust up or down when you cant take it anymore. Dont try and force it with a big surplus or a big deficit. The smaller your surplus or deficit, the longer you can stay in it without getting too fat or losing too much strength.

It could be a combination of the 5x5 weight getting so heavy that it's nearly crippling, combined with deadlifting once a week not being a great amount of volume, frequency, or consistency.

Try taking some of the weight off the 5x5 so that you're not ass-bustingly grinding out the last three reps of every set, and do 6 doubles, or some such, later in the week.

been on a 2lb/mo cut (-250kcal deficit) from 205 to 185 for about 6 months while making strength gains

>6 month cut

Nigger what

Can I interest y'all in sum clusters dawg

Attached: clustersets3 2.jpg (2000x2500, 427K)

Explain for my pebble brain

yeah, except my post said
>bulk and cut

people thinking bulk exclusively means a 500+ calorie surplus is something i don't get either

prolonged cuts are fucking terrible for strength ime, if you have a small enough amount of fat that you can get away with an aggressive cut for a short duration just to get you back in a good bodyfat range it's better to do it that way i think

israetel and helms and all those other memers call it a minicut, not useful if you're a fat fuck trying to become not fat but very useful if you're like 18% and want to get back to 12-15%

Pic related. Yes, the last 5x5 took me 8 minutes to recover in between sets.
Last week's 300x2 deadlift was hard, but it was also one of the few times I didn't deadlift fresh. The squat wasn't all that hard, but I had to increase my frequency and volume on that because it had started detraining as well.

Attached: 8 weeks of training.png (400x1065, 36K)

Here you go weirdos, me almost doing 20x5 pull ups.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1082x894, 129K)

If you don't have a 400 wilks, being fat is the least of your problems.

Attached: 234401940.jpg (400x400, 73K)

is that 20 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 20

if 5 sets of 20 that's impressive for a lesser bloatlord

Where did i say prolonged cut? I fluctuate 2-3kg up and down throughout the year, little bit leaner and a little bit bigger each time. Ive learned inching forward is better long term

why do you look so skinny here yet your face looks doughy

so of I'm looking fat and have to lose a lot of weight I should do a slower cut?

>dont bulk
>just slowly gain weight over a prolonged period of time bro

>dont cut
>just restrict your food intake so that you lose fat quickly for a couple weeks brah, all it takes

The first one, I can do the latter but it would take me longer.

My belly is hidden behind my thighs and no ones legs look big in a TWS

20 sets of 5? Honestly bro that's not very impressive unless you rested 10 seconds between sets.
How much do you weigh?
Have you tried weighted pull ups? I can probably do max 15 pull ups in 1 set but I've been really getting strong at weighed pull ups and I can do 100lbs for a single now.

Do you think you'll ever go up a weight class ?

i mean it depends on how much fat you have to lose, but if you have like 10lbs of fat to get off (not unreasonable for someone 6'0"+) to get back to 12-15% bodyfat then dragging that out with a 100 calorie deficit will have you cutting for almost an entire year

better to just get it over with

that's not what I said, I told you to cut and bulk explicitly

i'm not the original guy who said "don't cut and bulk"

Try it, it's suprisingly hard.

Of course I've tried weighted pullups. I've been lifting for 10 years.

>better to just get it over with

I prefer to keep getting stronger if im honest

How much do you weigh? If going by the twinks here that are cutting while being under 90kg yeah sure you can do more than our resident adult male.

>Try it, it's suprisingly hard.
How much rest? If I get 3 minutes rest I feel like I can do endless sets of 5.

How much can you weighted chin? Also are you still doing PL?

I've lifted for 6 years.
In the first year I benched 200lbs
In the 6th year I benched 200lbs

97kg

if you can get stronger in a small deficit power to you, i've never had any success with that (maybe on deadlifts when i was pulling in the low 5s but never on presses or squats)

No faggot, you are recompositioning.

>if you can get stronger in a small deficit power to you
He certainly can because of steroids. Diet is different between steroid user and normal person.

It's easy to get stronger on a low cal cut. However, i'm an impatient fuck and would rather not to keep eating clean for months on end so I always finish my cutting in 3-4 weeks.

youtu.be/ekOPXht_FGQ

I did less than a minute between sets. Until set 8 it was a piece of piss.

I've no idea what I can weighted chin, they don't feature in my program very often. I think last cycle I was doing 4x12 pullups with 20kg

Correction, 5x8 with 30kg was the heaviest.

Yeah I still do powerlifting, I'm a little better at it.

Why though?

Even my GDE ass managed to bench 2pl8 in the first 4 months and pass 3pl8 after 5 years.
If I don't get 4pl8 in the next 3 years, I'm trading in my natty card for some proper sustenon, that comes with a receipt.

did you do 4 in the first set or am i miscalculating ?

Attached: thoink.jpg (604x586, 50K)

>eating clean

Eat what you want just eat less of it

>diet is different
>food doesnt work if youre a natty

Fucking hell, just when i thought plg couldnt come out with anything better

Good thing I do both

Attached: CLUSTERS.jpg (1080x905, 179K)

Those aren't pull ups.

>5x8 with 30kg
Impressive actually. I've been training chin ups as a main lift for a while and can probably do 4-5 at 30kg.

My coach has instructed me to and I have made strength gains and will probably pull/squat 3x bw this way :)

>Even my GDE ass managed to bench 2pl8 in the first 4 months

GDEs do not bench 225 in 4 months, fuck off

as far as why that guy is still benching the same thing he's either a true actual GDE who doesn't know when to call it quits, or quit a bunch of times, or is coming back from an injury

you can cut slowly and gain strength in the deficit, or you can cut quickly and gain strength in the surplus/maintenance period because you've been able to transition into it more quickly

if you do either sensibly, you'll be fine

>a true actual GDE who doesn't know when to call it quits.
That I am. Just bringing in some true GDE perspective when some say they're GDE here.

>diet is different
>food doesnt work if youre a natty

that's not what that user was saying and you know it

MPS is elevated on steroids and nutrient partitioning is improved, makes "recomping" a lot more effective and viable, surprise surprise steroids do actually do something and people don't just pin for fun

i think they are pullups just with a really close grip, i thought they were chins for a sec too

To be fair if he bloatlords it he can achieve that or maybe he's a t-rex manlet like me ,I got a 2pl8 binch after 7 months while cutting down to 72kg and achieved comp 3pl8 after 3 years of liftan but i'm 5'7 t-rex, the bar rests on my balls during deadlifts.

I'm saying your body can utilize food more efficient if you use steroids lol. At least thats what I thought based on little reading z_z

I think I cut one out and banged my foot on the floor.

>MPS is elevated on steroids and nutrient partitioning is improved, makes "recomping" a lot more effective and viable, surprise surprise steroids do actually do something and people don't just pin for fun

Thanks, thats what I meant.

Have y'all ever considered cutting weight with a smaller deficit and then cycling to eating at maintenance every once in a while?

People hop on some 500kcal deficit and end up eating 50g less protein and carbs and then write off cutting as a gains destroyer

Power memeigg

Haha I love you for actually doing this. Did you get a sikk bicep pump?

I was 93-95kg, 184-186cm (depends on the amount of sleep, deadlifts and lumbar lordosis) and 26 years old.

I still have a sub 5pl8 deadlift training max after 6 years (managed to ramp up to 220kg once with a 3 month long peaking program) and my squat depth is questionable on anything above 210kg.

they still ache now

not as strict as i wouldve liked but im ok with it

hold on just a second

these are not "pull ups", sean was right the entire time

Attached: fucking fraud.png (121x298, 84K)

The bet was chin ups though

for a thread thats' concerned on using the most muscle in the most efficient way, you really shouldnt care?

See if you can find a team my friend, I keep preaching it here, but honestly it's just amazing.
I lifted solo for almost 4 years now (will complete 4 in 2 months) and binch is only lift that kept going up meanwhile squat and diddly I never pushing myself and was stuck at 200kg squat and 215 diddly @ 93, found a team, 7 months later hit 210 squat and 230 diddly at 83.

eat less until i'm hungry again

>Yeah I still do powerlifting, I'm a little better at it.
Haven't been around fit since you competed at worlds I think around 2015 or so. What are your stats now?

Clubs (teams) are the best environment.

Literally no one here who's started training in one ever wants to stop and go it alone.

Im struggling to figure out what MPS is and google isnt yielding anything relevant.

Nutrient partitioning increases with just test are ok at best, combine that with a dose on par with what is prescribed as TRT, you can hardly use it as a valid argument. Id both understand and agree with your point were I on tren as that is the only compound people ever mention in conjuction with nutrient partitioning.

Can you explain how eating 1000 less calories a day and dropping my dose for the last 11 months has yielded more bw, more muscle mass, lower bf% and seen me add more to the bar in under a year than i had in the last 3? Because on your logic, less steroids should equal less gains?

>he needs to be part of a lifting "club" to make gains

250/165/320 ... M

muscle protein synthesis dude.

>165
Must be equipped right? Or did you literally add 45kg to your bench these past years?

Anyone who wants to be an edgy loner lifter is short changing themselves.

Took me 4 years to go from 300-320 dead, 320-340 took 6 months. Would never have happened training solo. Im just annoyed now because that 320 is the lightest weight ill hit for a top set for the next 9 weeks

It really is, the odd time where the guys have life circumstances and I need to go back to lifting solo the weight feels 10 times heavier.

My first competition was 112.5kg in March 2014, at worlds I think I benched 125kg.

So, yes. Equipped I'm above 220kg.

> isley benches my total

Attached: 1540506058890.png (307x475, 197K)

Thanks. Point still stands, less gear and better results shouldnt be possible by plg logic.

how
i've lifted for 4 years and bench 110kg

the logic is gear vs. no gear at all though.
you are enhanced

I've lifted for 10

Also I persisted in trying hard.

so there is hope

>Lifted 4 years
>110kg binch
Lel I literally lift with a 90 kg 57 year that hit 112.5 kg in comp , after 2.5 years from untrained. Try harder fren.

reeeeeeeeeeee