Benching Form

Do you arch your bench?
>Why/why not?

Imo its the best way to get strong and bench and remain injury free.

Attached: bench arch.jpg (2048x1365, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GxqsJ5mjGvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you dont arch your back its not a correct bench press. Its like driving a car with a flat wheel - sure it works but is it the most efficient way to do it? Hell no.

arch and keep ass on bench

its not only the safest, but also the most effective way to target your chest

Yes, but not obnoxiously like you see the powershitters doing. I even have a normal grip that's perpendicular to the bar and the bottom of the ROM and don't bounce it off my chest for extra reps like a curlbro. Fucking crazy shit.

Your post reeks of söy and DYEL

for my 5x5 yes

not for the following 4x8-12

I'm a guy and my gym is really hot. I always break a sweat just from the heat even before my workout get intense. What's stopping me from dressing like the girl in that picture? That looks so comfortable.

I benched for years, but I switched to DB Bench Press earlier this year. It’s a much better exercise.

if you go to a real gym you can workout shirtless and no one gives a fuck

your own shame, do it.

I bench 275 and don't even lift for strength ya goof. It would prolly be over lmao3pl8 if I did all the meme ROM reduction powershitters do, but lifting incorrectly isn't my goal.

Your post reeks of cope and heavy breathing of a powershitter.

cope

Some arch is necessary to prevent injury. It's the safest thing for your shoulders. Obnoxiously arching is not safe however. Also, even if you chose to use an obnoxious arch, you should only be doing that in competitions and 1rm tests. When you're trying to build strength, you shouldn't cheat the movement.

Pretty much this. Unless you're ridiculously flexible you need some arch to properly retract your scapula and keep your shoulders back so you actually push with your chest. Too much and the only reason is to shorten ROM for bigger numbers, you're just giving yourself a mechanical advantage.
It's the same idea as putting on a bench shirt if you don't care about competing, but want to strength train

Yes? It's like asking if you should DL with a rounded back

Ove Hansen is a trained physiotherapist, and used to compete in weightlifting. Here he benches 200kg laying almost flat on the bench, pushing from the bench at his thoracic vertebras, only arching his lumbar spine slightly. (Commentary in Norwegian.)
youtube.com/watch?v=GxqsJ5mjGvo

no u

do you curve your back
>No
why?
>I have sub zero flexibility, most people i see arching their backs are women or dyels anyways so don't feel so bad about not being able to do it

>Do you bench with correct form
Yes, Yes I do

Attached: 1532367430275.jpg (687x960, 132K)

OH GOD

I do, but not that much

Attached: niceROM.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

what is this shit im lmao

Anyone have the gif/webm of the ridiculous arch and the 2 inch "bench".

Goddamnit I should look before I post.

>Huge arch
>Lifting shoes
>Lifting socks
>"Lifting" clothes
>Professional photoshoot

All this for about...maybe 80kg bench?

He looks dyel as fuck. I don't arch. Looks retarded.

retracting the scapula forms an arch, but it's nowehere near as pronounced as in any of the images/webms posted here, that's powerlifter bs to (fake) increase your numbers

Uh.. user..

Let's see your double bodyweight bench buddy

Do any of you have a higher close grip bench than standard? Asking because I do.

She weighs 87lbs ok guy

dude thats 205. you didnt even shitpost correctly

Explain the weight isn't even 205

that's marisa inda, she holds/held records in the us

yes it is 45x3+25x2+10x2=205

The worst part is they totally missed up the angle to take the picture from. I wanna see that cameltoe!

Attached: 1525117629603.jpg (1080x1080, 163K)

>marisa inda
has she considered starring in blacked?

Oh 52kg weight and a 92kg bench is supposed to be impressive

oh nevermind, just googled her name, got the cameltoe in the first row.

Attached: marisa inda.jpg (610x915, 39K)