So, what is the verdict on cheat days? I've been doing good all week, eating healthy, drinking nothing but water, etc

So, what is the verdict on cheat days? I've been doing good all week, eating healthy, drinking nothing but water, etc.

Kind of would like to go out and get something greasy/fatty. I'm craving some french fries and a burger. I mean, yes, I am dieting and trying to lose weight, but I just didn't think one shitty meal a week would really hurt anything. Does it just depend on how overweight I am? Or how much weight I'm trying to lose?

Attached: Carl dab.png (1654x950, 2.48M)

Attached: 1539681673268.png (599x600, 81K)

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks?

Depends on your TDEE, you could eat burgers and fries everyday as long as it fit your caloric goals.

I use to cook 200g of beef and throw it on some daves killer 21 grain bread with my protein shake and only eat that once a day when I was cutting hard

IIFYM, faggot

Im saying you don't need to cheat. You can just eat alternatives that are way better for you.

A cheat day can easily cancel out an entire week of dieting. So I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

If it fits your macros faggot.

Well, I'm allotted 1,500 calories a day to lose weight, but doesn't the quality of food matter? I mean eating fucking fast food clearly isn't as health as vegetables, lean meat, and what have you.

Who cares if it fits in my caloric goal? I mean, realistically it's still greasy and unhealthy.

But that's a point of a cheat day? To eat something you're craving. Such as fast food, or a burger.

Well, fuck. If it can cancel out a whole week's worth of dieting then it doesn't sound worth it. Also I don't know what my macros are and all that shit. I've just been trying to eat healthier, and drink more water. Also exercise a bit more. I don't know all this marco shit and what not.

One cheat meal a week = okay
Whole cheat day of stuffing yourself with ice cream donuts and burgers = not okay

Yeah, like I figured one cheat meal a week would be okay. But, I am a bit afraid that if I get some fast food it will mess up my whole week of dieting like that one user said.

Yeah when I made my burgers they were done from scratch(somewhat) so I see where processed food would be a problem

You could honestly fast, work out, work hard then sit down and stuff your face with two McDoubles a large fries and protein shake and still be under your tdee.

Cheat days are a good idea, I don't have them planned tho they just happen (which is worse) for example, I was doing great for two months before my mother brought three boxes of full sized candy bars for Halloween. Unless you're eating like 10k Cals you shouldn't undo your process from the week, maybe one or two days deepening on tdee and everything.

Alright, so I calulated my macros and here they are

1762 CALORIES
144 PROTEINS
166 CARBS
58 FATS

My problem is I wanted to get THREE McChickens, a large fry, and some nuggets from McDonalds. I looked all this up on the McDonald's Nutrition Calculator and it came out to

2,000 calories
105g of total fat
198g of total carbs
65g of protein.

So not only is it too many calories, but I also am getting hardly any protein, and its way too much fat. So I guess I can't have my cheat day....damn. Guess I'll just stick to the diet and forego the cheat day. If I order that food from McDonalds I won't hit ANY of my macros at all.

>Can eat McDonalds and be under your TDEE

Not for me. My TDEE is like 1,700 and I usually get like 3 McChickens and a large fry. That's like 1,800 calories, plus it's way over some of my macros and it's not a lot of protein. I'm suppose to be getting 144g of protein and that only gives me like 50g or protein. Plus it's way too high in carbs and total fat for my macros.

Cheat meal not cheat day. Cheat day screws your diet a lot. Cheat meal only screws it a little bit.

Well, I meant a cheat MEAL, not day. I was planning to get some fast food for dinner. But I'm also doing like an 20:4 IF plan. I eat one meal a day, and nothing else. My eating window is like between 6:00pm - 10:00pm, but I usually don't eat that late.

I really am only eating one meal a day though, and that's it. I don't do any snacking or anything. But like I said in my other post, if I get McDonalds I won't meet any my macro goals, plus I'll be over on some of them, like the fat and carbs are way higher than my allotted limit.

I'm also afraid I'll fuck up a week's worth of dieting.

I personally avoid any cheating of any kind during a cut because every day cutting is a day I'm scrambling to maintain my strength. The sooner I can get back to putting weight on my lifts the better.

I'm not cutting? I don't think. I'm just trying to lose weight, you know? Like my fat obese gut.

do extra cardio the day you eat that and the rest of the day stick to veggies/ low cal stuff.
Mate, dont overcomplicate things, enjoying a occasional cheat meal is much better than giving in to the cravings and end up eating fast food for 2 days straight and feeling like shit afterwards

When you're focused on losing weight as opposed to putting on muscle that's generally considered a cut. If you're in your beginner gains stage and fat, I guess it's possible to do both at once and so you're technically not cutting.

>Do extra cardio the day you eat that

I was gonna get it tonight for dinner. I have a physically active job, but I don't go to the gym currently. Also I'm off work tomorrow, and on my days off I lay around the house. So I guess I shouldn't eat that tonight? Because I'm not gonna do anything active tomorrow.

Fuck no nigga. Every cheat day I had when losing weight I regret. Cheat days are for when you've made it and can still control your caloric intake

>Still control your caloric intake.

Well, I'm suppose to be eating like 1,700 calories or less, or at least that's what my macro came out to. And the meal I'd plan on getting is only 1,320 calories. So it's not like I'm going way over my caloric intake.

Well that's fine then. I know whenever I had cheat days I would try and limit myself and end up binging. So as long as you keep your intake normal then go for it. If you over eat though you'll feel like shit

Fat fuck, kys

Well, I haven't eaten anything all day. And I've been doing pretty good all week, like eating healthy and drinking just water. Also I do like a 20:4 IF plan. So I only eat one meal a day. I just didn't think eating some McDonalds that is only gonna be like 1,300 calories would be too bad. As I said I only eat once a day, and I haven't eaten since last night.

Fuck off, retard.