Cringe fitness things you use to do

>use to train super high volume and ignored overall strength because "MUH VOLUME = HYPERTROPHY"
>use to autistically track calories/macros and never ate anything I couldn't track
>use to think i needed machines and cables to make "proper gains"
>use to think bodyfat and aesthetics was all about your routine, not your nutrition
>actually thought I could change how my chest looked by switching from a Flat to Incline Bench press
>actually thought Back Squat made people fat, but Front Squat mad people aesthetic
>use to think that you could not get strong or be strong without being fat
>use to brute-force reps instead of controlling the weight and keeping a consistent tempo

What about you?

Attached: 935293259090235.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/publishahead/Resistance_Training_Volume_Enhances_Muscle.96822.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=KesoOHXagWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I used to deadlift

The only cringe is that you stopped.

My cringe is that I avoided deadlifts for the first 3 years. It basically took my back-side of my body from a 2/10 to a 8/10. No deadlifts for years left me with poor posture, and very under-developed posterior chain. Deadlifts basically fixed all that up for me and it carried over to all my other lifts. Hell it even helped with me lifting heavy dumbbells for upper body lifts.

unironically this

>use to train super high volume and ignored overall strength because "MUH VOLUME = HYPERTROPHY"

This is one of the cringiest things every reddit retard spams these days. It's not even fucking true.

This might just be the inspiration I need to incorporate deadlifts. Similar situation where years of avoiding them and not doing core work have held me back

I used to avoid squatting

Its fine bro, you literally only need to deadlift once per week.

People tend to avoid deadlifts because of the following

>They deadlift 2-3 times a week and feel like shit
>They use mixed-grip and are afraid of bicep tears
>They use hook-grip and it hurts their fingers
>They use double-overhand and they cant progress due to bar rolling
>They think they are not allowed to use straps because "MUH STRAPS DONT COUNT"

The fact is if you're not competing in power-lifting you have absolutely no reason to not use straps.

>B-but if you use straps your forearms dont grow!

I deadlift once a week, double-overhand, with straps, every time, for years. My forearms are huge, I fucking LAUGH that people think if you use straps your forearms wont grow LOL. My forearms get a crazy pump with my 500lbs+ deadlifts for reps.

>think about the food I eat as restoring my hit points for the next training session

That's not cringe at all. I pretend my post workout protein shake is a health potion

I strength train only on grip and do cardio, light weight routines and stretching. lots of stretching for everything else. Like seriously, my grip is insane. I practice a martial art I devised myself that focuses on grappling with a contortionist flavor. I call it the way of the Bent Claw. I am capable of dislocating my own joints to get out of pretty much any hold, and my style hinges on my ability to grip a part of my opponent. Basically if any part of you is reachable by my hand and can be grabbed, you're done. I am capable of breaking a man's radius and ulna just by squeezing his arm, even through layers of muscle and fat. If I can reach your neck I can crush your larynx like it was a grape with one hand.

I've dislocated a man's jaw by squeezing his cheeks. Even if I can't do that I can very easily rip through skin with my nails (which I sharpen) and reach into your flesh with my hands and pull out organs like you were made of jello, and I‘ve studied enough anatomy to know exactly where to grab. Traditional wrestling holds do not work against me due to my houdini level contortion and flexibility, and anyone who tries to hold me will soon find themselves unable to do so as their tendons have been ripped from their limbs.

My current goal is to kill a bear with my bear hands, but animals fear me instinctively so whenever I encounter a bear in the woods they run away.

I used to be a screamer. I didn't give a fuck. I would finish a rep and THEN scream at the company gym. Fuck you, Samsung.

I used to do Limber 11.

I still bench in the power rack.

I used to think aesthetics were "fake" strength.

I unironically got trolled into believing in shaving foam/lemon juice thanks to you retards

I used to superset

I used to sugar my gym water. This one I guess is kinda neutral but it's still just unnecessary sugar

>shaving foam
Fuck I may have fallen victim... does it not work with microfiber cloths?

It's not the worst jew but not worth it IMO

Wait what?

Not him but it used to be a fad to put a table spoon of sugar in your water bottle to keep your blood sugar up. Don't really see why it wouldn't work but noone talks about it anymore

glad you came to your senses

Yea plus deadlifts are a single type of lift. Your forearms also get work on pull ups and rows and all this other shit you do when you have complete workouts. And if people are really worried you can toss on some forearm work at the end a few days a week.

Shaving foam?

Putting lemon juice in your shaving foam

>used to wear gloves because the dumbells hurt my hands

Thank you, Deadlift. Very cool.

>t. Master Ken

Already I can tell you don't even fucking lift and look like shit.

journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/publishahead/Resistance_Training_Volume_Enhances_Muscle.96822.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=KesoOHXagWg

I like deadlifting multiple times a week because I hate squatting and squatting is basically as back intense as deadlifting.
Is there anything inherently bad about deadlifting often? Honestly it doesnt make any sense for deadlifts to be more taxing than squats.

Volume only increased gains to a certain point. You can’t just keep adding volume. You need to increase the intensity while adjusting volume up and down, as you cannot just continue to increase volume, but you can endlessly add weight because weight doesn’t add time, volume does.

Generally you should do double progression like the following

Block 1 (Intensity Focus)
>Week 1 - 3x6-8 x 315lbs
>Week 2 - 3x4-6 x 320lbs
>Week 3 - 3x2-4 x 325lbs
Block 2 (Volume Focus)
>Week 1 - 3x6-8 x 320lbs
>Week 2 - 4x6-8 x 320lbs
>Week 3 - 5x6-8 x 320lbs
Block 3 (intensity focus)
>Week 1 - 3x6-8 x 325lbs
>Week 2 - 3x4-6 x 330lbs
>Week 3 - 3x2-4 x 335lbs

Etc

the study referenced shows that up to 45 sets a week in a muscle group like triceps(which was the highest weekly volume tested) showed the most gains.
And these are all sets done to failure.
Define intensity.

>you can't just keep adding volume
You don't need to keep adding volume or weight, your muscles don't care if you lifted 5kg less today than you did last week, as long as you train hard enough you are gonna make muscular gains, full muscle fiber recruitment at a given rate of effort is what builds muscle, and do it for enough volume and you will build noticeable ammounts of it, weight you use is irrelevant even 30% of 1RM is able to give the same gains as 80% 1RM.

Literally didn’t train deltoids for some reason. I have no idea why, glad I fixed it.

>You don't need to keep adding volume or weight, your muscles don't care if you lifted 5kg less today than you did last week,

Uh mate, that’s literally the only thing that you can grow as a natty, getting stronger. Have fun with your pump 50 set pump workouts that lead nowhere

>I still do