/plg/

powerlifters rise up edition

Attached: 1541128255885.jpg (1080x1770, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sammeadepl?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=16oo3es0emc7k
youtube.com/watch?v=bHBOmaciwys&t=17s
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4880200/Erina-Weightlifter-Rhyss-Keane-seduced-young-female-client.html
youtu.be/NewBM7NMsvY
getdrunknotfat.com/
youtu.be/a1yHx6rPwtk
vocaroo.com/i/s0fhKu1I76cO
instagram.com/p/BpC_-MCA-9u/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a cringy guy

yeah this guy is a cringefest, but he is getting near to 400 in comp so uhhhhh

Enjoy hell I guess? Hope it’s worth muh instagram fames

My squat and deadlift are lagging big time because i was a curlbro for too long. 4pl8 squat, 5pl8 dl
What do you suggest?was thinking about candito 6week i heard its rly good for squat and dl

Taking a risk, I think the gyms open but I don't fookin know anymore

@ Gbro

Where's that vid of the bench block deaths set? The one where you add a block and do like 4 reps at each height.

Call them, you buggin blogger

If you can handle the volume and intensity, sure.

why do people who lift weights pretend it's anything other than a meaningless hobby with meaningless impacts on the world

even (American) weightlifters do this, everything is about 'going to battle' as if you're doing something more impactful than picking things up and putting them down

what's your bench? 4pl8 squat and 5pl8 dl are decent lifts depending on bodyweight, I wouldn't say they're comparably weak unless you're way over a 3pl8 bench

they're roidheads and completley fucked up in the head

Can't tell who's trolling who and which ones teh cringy. What if these both are just some Frank Yang type of mind fucks that are hyper ironical.

Attached: 1540550646011.jpg (600x760, 84K)

My bench is a little over 4pl8 so a 4pl8 squat is pretty embarrassing

Shit OP. YOU SHOULD CRINGE.

How fat r u

Google "tricep death"

wew impressive bench though
bodyweight?

>why do people who lift weights pretend it's anything other than a meaningless hobby with meaningless impacts on the world
Because some people dont see their lives as meaningless, unlike little weak internet bloggers.

Thanks, little under 220lbs

breddy good

not what I said, but I see that I touched a nerve user

Why are there so many no-trips that come here claiming 4pl8 bench, when there are no tripfags that bench that naturally? Not doubting you, just weird that they are all such presslets.

Thank.

What kind of weight would you use on that? 60-70% CGBP max?

The need for attention correlates with beta behavior and beta behavior correlates with a low bench press.

crrrrriiiiiiiinnnnngggggeeee

Could be lies, but then again that btfo most trips here is that user bloatlord english kid that I think squats 360 kg or something when he posted his insta.

Or that 19 year old kid that diddlies more than Isley.

This bench press is the true gauge of physical chadiness

385 is his best squat iirc

Didn't about him, did he post a vid of his diddly?
Does he still post? He was a nice lad.

No idea

instagram.com/sammeadepl?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=16oo3es0emc7k

in awe of the size of this lad. Wonder why he doesn't have more followers

Where do you find energy to deadlift?

If I deadlift first thing the weight doesn't come up and I strain myself.
If I warm up first on bench or squats or whatever, I pull more, but never have any energy.

Set a new bench 15rm a minute ago now I have to deadlift this.

Pls help me get motivated

Attached: IMG_20181102_144503.jpg (2448x3264, 1.16M)

gbro do you 'tear' the bar in bench press? i think dave tate instructs to do this? ripping it apart?

feels like i can't do it at heavy 5s.
is it cue for equipped bench lifters?

BIGBOY
I
G
B
O
Y

Be like me.

I decided to stop deadlifting with barbell, just dumbells from now on. At least I can get my back straigth now

>Where do you find energy to
Do conditioning. Build work capacity over time. Quit being a lazy pussy

>dumbbell deadlift

Nvm I got my 5 reps after all oops

I lower it to my chest and push it back up

Its been so many years now i dont think, i just get tight and it moves

Beer blogger?

hah, thanks for the reply anyway.

In all seriousness its not a cue ive actively tried to use

Anyone ever do ROM progression for bench or hear of anyone doing it?
i.e. take your 1rm to a 3 board, when you can do 3x3 take it to a 2 board etc.
Until you're benching your 1rm for triples.
I know people have had success with ROM progression for squats and deadlift, but I never hear about it regarding bench.

>15RM bench PR
>struggling with 1pl8 diddly for reps

dude what the fuck are you doing...

i tried it with two reps and it didn't work for me, so i'll scrap it too.

what an absolute cringelord

just gain 20lbs of bodyfat and you can put 20lbs on all your lifts guys, also count The Press in your total so that it's bigger

youtube.com/watch?v=bHBOmaciwys&t=17s

Boards change the mechanics a lot if youre not careful, the elbows drift out more and unless you really focus on it your technique completely changes.

Its why im replacing blocks with a small mat and i dont use a big deficit. Change the movement enough to be useful but not so much that it doesnt carry over

What a legend. Nothing better than to pray the iron gods and smoke a fat one. #ironlyfe

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4880200/Erina-Weightlifter-Rhyss-Keane-seduced-young-female-client.html
Is this him?

What a boss. Incels are SEETHING.

why are there so many cringey Instagram powerlifters? all these roiders posting dramatic posts all day about their STRUGGLES

Lifting selects for dumb retards.

I get Burley's point of view, but some days you just want to hit the iron because something shitty happened and it helps to get your mind off bad thoughts for a bit.
Also hyping up (I'm not about sniffing ammonia or getting back slaps, just some loud metal playing and maybe shouting) is fun and it helps. I can't lift like I am emotionless, unless I'm doing curls.

Attached: burley hawk.jpg (756x762, 133K)

I've never seen a powerlifter constantly post naked pictures on his Instagram, what's his deal. Isnt this the same guy who wore some antifa stuff to the gym?

Here. Had to scroll pretty far through my YouTube history.

youtu.be/NewBM7NMsvY

Unrelated reply.

What kind of weight would you use for the tricep death set?

Depends how many reps you want to do on each board

HEADLINE
One trick pony child ties himself to a barbell, does the splits, locks knees and stands up slightly, autists are stunned!

bros how do I start lifting if i'm autistic and never lifted before and don't like people looking at me in gym. sounds like an anxiety attack waiting to happen

5-5-5-5 seems to be the usual. Is it easier or harder than a standard 20RM? I'd imagine the reduced ROM would make it easier, but the slight pause might make it a bit harder.

Unless you're one of those kids that makes gorilla noises whilst they're doing 5kg tricep extensions nobody even registers who you are at the gym. Even normie gyms much less powerlifting/strongman ones where people don't give a crap unless you're doing national tier lifts.
tl;dr nobody cares, go lift

>bros how do I start lifting if i'm autistic and never lifted before and don't like people looking at me in gym. sounds like an anxiety attack
Dont start. Find a different hobby. Maybe pokemon go.

We do sixes fours or threes

I feel like it gets harder, but i find full rom easier than a 2bd cause i cant create tension with a reduced rom

thanks friend. I guess it just seems harder than it is cause I've never done it, just autistically studied what i'm supposed to do/eat. I don't have any friends to start with so it seems daunting

but am tired of being weakbro

liftan is for the well adjusted, sort your autism out first sorry.
>makes gorilla noises whilst they're doing 5kg tricep extensions
holy shit you have them as well? we had a fucker that made more noise doing curls than our entire gym deadlifting

Attached: 120565083.jpg (303x309, 20K)

Hey Jon can you give me your number? I'm going on a date tomorrow so there's a chance I get to fuck her.

it's not that bad, i'm just nervous about starting

You have probably heard this a million times, or maybe not. But seriously, no one gives a shit what you're doing at the gym.

The only time I give a shit about someone else in the gym is when they are being a prick. So just avoid doing memes like circuit training and taking 12 different pairs of dumbbells. Just don't inconvenience people and you'll be fine.

Big guys are usually happy to help, or spot you.

Are spirits less calories? I have 1k cals left, I want to eat I'm fucking starving, but my friends want to go to a night club.

Should I just pretend to be drunk for a few hours? Lol

Thanks. I'll probably start off with 60% if my CGBP max and increase from there if it's too easy.

Is this something you could work into your regular programming? I'm think of doing it after my bench AMRAP day since I have no other pressing then.

thanks friend, i'm gonna give a shot

Attached: pilotapu.jpg (400x400, 26K)

getdrunknotfat.com/

Yea, but ethanol itself is very high in calories. Even 350ml of vodka will be over your 1k cal limit.

It's just one night, forget about the calories.

>counting calories
Just eat while you're watching yourself in the mirror bro.

>Are spirits less calories?
Are you a rich woman on a diet?

>It's just one night, forget about the calories.
This desu.

Just eat, go out, and have some fun.

I use it if im pressed for time, it replaces secondary bench and tricep work

Ever tried doing a set of CG, JM and Skull Crushers? I tried it a couple of days ago and they felt pretty good desu.

WTT
Pin squats 4@6, 4@7, 4@8 + 2R
Press w/belt 1@8 -20% than 5 sets of 4
Conv DL 4@6, 4@7, 4@8 + 2R
This is last set of my GDE T-rex DL
youtu.be/a1yHx6rPwtk [Open]

I wanted to try front squats with straps to save my wrists a little, why the fuck can’t I get good tightness holding straps and why do I get elbow pain doing this?

>WAWTT
squat 4x4@90%
power clean 4x2
ab wheel and weighted situps

>4@6, 4@7, 4@8 + 2R
Speak english, not your moon runes, thanks.

Brainlet

>brainlet
If you quit fucking around with nostradamus mind fuckery load choices you might bench over 275 lbs.

I hit all my goals i set for the new year. I estimated around September i would get them all but the bench took me a bit longer (Late Oct.)

Just gonna mess around until feb again when i start a new training cycle.

Today i will be deadlifting and maybe i will run 5k

What is it with trips (and a lot of powerlifters in general) having very good squat and dl numbers but a shit bench? Isn't it the easiest lift to train?

He benches 265lb actually.

Usually either squat heroes, lack of upper body mass, or both. Bench contributes the least to total, so plenty of people don't care about it as much.

You need to be a genetic Chad to have a good bench. Most trips are massive soibois.

>Brainlet
Made this for you.

Attached: guess.png (460x381, 310K)

>What is it with trips (and a lot of powerlifters in general) having very good squat and dl numbers but a shit bench? I
Because squat and deadlift go up by just squatting and deadlifting.

A comp style bench press isnt a great movement for building a big bench. So it takes more volume and smart accessory work.

Not to mention that all these neets start with noodle arms.

I just add 2.5kg-5kg to what I did week before and say WOOPS if I overshoot and do -2.5kg less or do it again next week, didnt fail a rep for 3 months doing this

What should I get from the kebab van lads?

Oh cool. How much have you added to your bench and deadlift?

vocaroo.com/i/s0fhKu1I76cO

Guys, you think I could cut the speed work of the cube kingpin method and cut it down to 6 weeks instead of 9? I dont like speed work and I think more rep work will work better. Thanks

Very nice user. Thanks for the laugh.

instagram.com/p/BpC_-MCA-9u/