Yoga, worth it or not?

Yoga, worth it or not?
I did it before martial arts classes before and I enjoyed it. Felt better too afterwards. Legit? Bullshit? Personal experiences?

Attached: Thrive-4.jpg (3600x2403, 1.2M)

increased flexibility and mobility tend to make you feel better . I would do it but I fart too much

Proper yoga is thousands of years old so I don't think it's bullshit. However a lot of instagram yoga is just stretching with style. You have to learn the 8 limbs to do it properly. What we call yoga today is just one of those 8 limbs.

An actual yogi appears. Amazing.
If you're looking for fitness only, OP, you could just stretch and do body weight stuff. If you listen to this guy you'll probably develop a worldview that doesn't rank aesthetics and social status as high as you do now.

Stretching is good, but don't overdo it before exercise or you'll increase your risk of injury.
For MA specifically do stretch (especially wrists) before practicing joint locks and anything where you're gonna get bent around but don't before striking practice.
Don't go for the whole "spiritual yoga" thing unless you're really into that kind of thing, it won't help unless you commit to it.

it's good, it's best to get a routine and do the exact same thing every day. you really only need to do 12 to 15 poses.
modern yoga in the west is not a limb of yoga, at all. the limb 'asana' literally means seat and that's what it refers to, sitting comfortably for extended periods of time to meditate and perform pranayamas.
OP will progress very quickly in terms of flexibility and back strength if he does yoga. much faster than calisthenics. but pushups and squats will get the chest and legs going quickly. For back you need to do
>headstand
>shoulderstand, plow, knee to ear pose
>cobra
>locust
>bow
these along with warrior 1, 2, and chair, will give you a very strong and flexible back.

Can someone redpill me on yoga routines

are you lifting aswell? do Shivananda yoga
not lifting? get the book 'light on yoga' and there is about 3 years worth of progressive routines

you may prefer to just get Light on Yoga, as with Shivananda there is only 12 postures you will do every time; there's no variation

Thanks I'll take a look

Heavily depends on the teacher, but it's legit and cute hippies go to the classes.

I do it twice a week and my mobility is fantastic now

Not op but I'm a guy I lift about 5-6×/week do liss cardio about 1hr/day foamroll 3×/week. What would be some good yoga postures for my back and abdomen? And where can i find progressions for this?How many ×/week should not be performed?

**should be performed

I want to get started with it, beginner classes are on one my my MA nights though

>usually stretch after workouts, fairly flexible
>Can press my palms to the ground without bending my knees
>Go to yoga because it's free for a session so I can try it without wasting money
>End up just stretching for an hour, all of the positions are easily attainable even though I'm a beginner
>Have to suffer through an entire hour of being surrounded by pudgy middle aged women in stretchpants complaining about aches and "encouraging" each other
>Some hippie bitch playing the violin forlornly but kinda dull

It sucked man. I did some research after and turns out any mood enhancing effects are caused purely from the breathing practices and not the stretching.

Had real problems with my joints when doing curls etc but doing yoga really helped me break through that and stop my plateauing. Great place to learn how to talk with women too, and if you lift you will be bigger that 90% of yogaboys

Anyone ever been judged for doing it though?

>does yoga work?

>I used to do yoga and it worked

>Pls help I don't know if yoga works or not.

I think you already knew the answer all along OP.

Attached: ddpyogo-logo.jpg (486x486, 29K)

maybe you should find a more advanced class

based yoga anons.

It's pretty good for stretch myself after a week doing weights. Plus usually I meet qt after.

Attached: 1541208935291.jpg (900x900, 61K)