Jow Forums stance on the trap bar deadlift?

Jow Forums stance on the trap bar deadlift?

Attached: mj-618_348_trap-bar-deadlifts-the-best-leg-exercises-you-can-do.jpg (618x348, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're as gay as traps

about shoulder width

does the trap bar dl feel unnatural to anyone else? i know im weak but i swear it feels so much worse than squats or conventional dls

Attached: 1528967042708.jpg (800x935, 50K)

Based

Attached: 1531443467631.png (600x580, 360K)

Pussy

Don't really see the point.
Is this one of those things you do when you reach a point in your training that your body is so adapted to an exercise you need to vary things up with slightly different forms or you stop making progress?

Exact opposite for me. Conventional DL gives me lower back pain, trapbar allows me to keep the weight completely centered and no back pain.

Noice

Attached: 1541111198522.gif (399x369, 39K)

Attached: 54c.jpg (500x333, 25K)

It's the only way I can deadlift, I have this psoriasis on my shins that bleeds out like crazy if I pull on a straight bar.

Attached: IMG_2021.jpg (640x853, 51K)

Attached: 1533880438164.jpg (727x639, 37K)

Attached: 1489878374836.png (366x286, 6K)

Does trap bar work hamstrings as much as conventional deadlift?

Can someone explain? I don't get it because I don't use a trap bar because I'm not a faggot

Of course good sir! You see, the Original Poster (O.P.) asked for Jow Forumss opinion ("stance") on the exercise, but Anonymous replied as if he LITERALLY meant "stance"! It's a classic play on words.

trap bar is useless. don't use it unless you have a lower back injury.
Its not a hip hinge movement pattern, and allows for more axial loading. Its more quads/quarter squat, than back

When I got into my 30s I switched to training trap bar or sumo. The lower back strain from conventional DL just gets to be too much when you're also squatting 3 times a week, doing PCs, etc.

No but it hits them almost as much as a conventional deadlift. It's more like a hydrbid between a deadlift and a squat. It'd much safer than a barbell deadlift though. There's no reason to do barbell deadlifts unless you're competing.

your boyfriend must be so concerned

trap bar allows for a more neutral/stable stance with your arms at your side. Better for shoulders and back.

It is superior to using a barbell. People who obsess over conventional DL's are just being trendy faggots

you probably just aren't used to it

the point is it's like 90% similar to a conventional deadlift with considerably less risk because of the weight being right under your hips and your torso being more vertical, high handles are also nice for tallfags with long legs, if you've ever seen a basketball player try to pull conventional it's a fucking trainwreck they're just not capable of keeping a neutral spine with any amount of stretching because their femurs just run into their hips and they can't hinge any further

imagine being this wrong, but this confident in your complete bullshit

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

Prefer conventional. Don't have a problem with trap bar.

These things hurt my back

how does the least stressful on your back version of deadlifts hurt your back

Same

t. Scoliosis

Idk it just does, but conventional doesnt hurt at all :/

Kek

Attached: 4999CD16-83F2-48FA-8716-4FC481F6C3DD.jpg (755x696, 93K)

my guess is the bar being locked against your body in conventional is the difference, maybe you have some instability in your back when the bar is just floating around you

Not him, but I feel awkward. Like there isn't enough space for me to move my body so I end up straining my back more.

I don’t feel like a trap bar does anything for my hams. Forces me to use my quads. Feels redundant with squats. I stick to BB deadlifts.

I tried doing shrugs + calf raises with a trap bar today and even that felt weird.

Only thing I do with a trap bar these days is heavy farmer carries. You can go way heavier on farmer carries because it’s more stable and the bar gives your legs full range of motion.

it has more quad involvement than a regular deadlift, about 2x the knee moment, but the hip extension moment is almost exactly the same as conventional, so your hamstrings are still doing something for sure

enough space how? like, it's not wide enough? anyway if something doesn't feel right and there aren't any obvious issues with your form stay the fuck away from it, especially if it's something you can load as heavy as a deadlift

>Hip:Knee Ratio 3.68:1 1.78:1
>imagine being this wrong

almost the same hip moment despite the weight being based on conventional 1rm for both exercises (meaning the difference would be smaller if the same %1rm was used for both, trap bar is usually 5-10% higher 1rm than conventional)

it's not a squat, it's a deadlift with a little more quad involvement, actually much closer to conventional than a sumo is to conventional

Attached: hip moment.png (658x204, 12K)

based gnuckols poster

Attached: 28 - AzxWTsB.jpg (1280x1280, 327K)

made exclusively for DYEL's

ah yes, conventional deadlift, there is truly no better mass builder *tips fedora*

trap bar? ppsphh, the internet told me conventional was better, i'm a very smart and educated lifter because i go on the internet.

Attached: the chad trap bar.png (1714x1060, 2.28M)

Post body and 1RM's

based

dyel

>pff, conventional deadlift? ill have you know there are athletes who happen to be bigger than random people at the gym that do trap bar, therefore it's better

that's how fucking retarded you sound.

Attached: trapbarlul.jpg (678x385, 87K)

larry wheels: lifts weight, maybe like 1000 people in a niche hobby know who he is, not a real athlete, dead by 40 because of 1g tren/week
anthony joshua: world champion heavyweight boxer

therefore trap bar is superior

Get some deadlift socks

God you're stupid

Attached: 1541079598458.jpg (338x450, 59K)

>caring about two sweaty fags in a ring

Kek

?

>caring about one sweaty fag doing 9 total reps over the course of 3 hours

Cope

nobody knows who that nigger boxer is buddy. Now post body

Attached: A25EB116A6384DC4A5BBCDAECC1E73C6.jpg (1000x847, 110K)

Based

cringe and bluepilled

now post yours

Attached: 6pl8.jpg (1207x666, 231K)

Man that tattoo is absolutely horrendous.

They all are, but some shitty jagged tribal inkstain on what could've been an aesthetic arm, what a shame. How could you not look back on the day you got it with shame and regret?

It'll only get worse as you age, too. Funny, the sharp and relatively straight lines will only serve to contrast your flabby aging carcass making you look fatter and frailer.

Attached: 1501647275585.jpg (720x960, 43K)

>How could you not look back on the day you got it with shame and regret?

Attached: npcboi.png (430x441, 86K)

>getting some cookie cutter LITERALLY MEANINGLESS tattoo from a drugged out high school drop-out so I can impress all my friends means I'm an individual!!! yay!!! suck on that, mom and dad!

Attached: 1518883230445.gif (301x405, 2.52M)

>getting some cookie cutter LITERALLY MEANINGLESS tattoo from a drugged out high school drop-out

Attached: retardnpc.jpg (212x237, 5K)

>t. backlet

You don't have to be insecure about your mobility limitations, it's okay user

Lol

Isn't grip strength very limiting with this one? You can't do mixed.

t. handlet

Now THAT'S some scoliosis!

hex bar is the most alpha variant of deadlift

Attached: apdd.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>narrow sumo

that isn't a atlas stone

could always just use straps

>a atlas

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 34K)

Ayy lmao

Attached: 1540115344758.jpg (946x768, 134K)

Trolling is a art