When is he gonna get serious?

How does someone so close to making world records in the DL and OHP justify spending the majority of his time traveling?

He never trains to failure either. When he has a planned set he hits the numbers he intended then racks it.

Is he really as lazy as it seems on the surface?

Or on the other hand is it a case of work smarter not harder?

Attached: 33470022_199389834023595_8901445799724974080_n.jpg (937x1171, 202K)

>telling one of the strongest men in the world how he should train
t.armchair expert

>He never trains to failure either. When he has a planned set he hits the numbers he intended then racks it.

wow, just like every single elite powerlifter and strongman

Who cares if he can lift more than you

All I know is he needs to stop covering himself with shitty tattoos.

Wow it's that easy?

>He never trains to failure either. When he has a planned set he hits the numbers he intended then racks it.
You don't know much about training do you?

training to failure is a good way to injure yourself

also he makes more money than most of us so there is that too.

tattos are played out

>non lifter detected

you really don't ever want to train to failure. You want to avoid it at all costs during training. You shouldn't feel sore unless you are doing a new movement pattern/rep range for the 1st time.

Should I avoid drop sets as a beginner? What exactly does training to failure mean?

Drop sets can be used at any stage of experience.

Training to failure means literally, doing a set until you fail the lift outright (You drop the bar or dumbbells, etc).
It's not good because when your muscle fatigue is so great that you can't even move the weight you start getting into injury territory because suddenly your muscles can't stabilize weight and sprains/tendinopathy can be the end result.

Dank broscience

All lifters who are not elite stage should train to failure or the verge of regularly.

t. retard

Imagine being this retarded and dyel

Unless your form becomes an issue or you drop the weight on top of yourself, there's nothing wrong with failing a rep

I swear to God, this is either a next level bait or someone is actually so deluded that they are going to ask why is one of the strongest men on the face of planet "Lazy" and that they should work harder.

Either way, you didn't fool me.

Attached: doppo finish it.png (1273x674, 389K)

He is doing a powerlifting meet in december, could get the world record

Being he only uses the Bench and Squat as accessories to his standing Press and Deadlift I am not expecting a world record total.

>2018 Worlds Strongest Man title
>2018 Arnold classic title
>2018 Europe's Strongest Man
>2018 WUS Dubai

I agree, this guy really needs to get his shit together if he wants to win.

Those are all the major strongman titles to be had.

Looks like I'm not ever training to failure again.

no he couldn't

he's too tall to ever hold a record total in powerlifting srs, 2/3 lifts favor short limbs and his total would get btfo by bloatlords like ray williams

That's true. Range of motion is a major factor in the amount of weight you can move.

That said his Press and Push Press, both with an without a clean has come way up.

He was in his off season and did 440 strict standing press alongside Larry Wheels, Thor used cleaner form going all the way through lockout. Keeping in mind Thor is 8 inches taller.

At the WSM this year he won the clean & press even with 451, and was nowhere near fresh.

At Europe's he c&p'd a 469 log and did it with very easy and clean form, clearly had more gas in the tank but didn't bother pushing for a WR as there were more events and he had already won the log.

For a 6'9" man his static strength is truly impressive, but true it's not manlet bloatlord numbers.

it's not even just range of motion, leverages are an even more important factor and long arms/long femurs fuck him over on presses and squats (especially to IPF depth) in a big way

even his deadlift is inefficient because of his height, those big guys have to take a super wide stance just to be able to clear their extremely long legs and/or big guts, and the bar starts at an equal height for all lifters so really for someone that height it's a deficit deadlift almost - if you look at top strongmen numbers without straps and suit, they are not far from what powerlifters half their height can pull (iirc best raw deadlift ever is benedickt with 1015, and you have guys like cailer coming up on the mid 9s at half the bodyweight)

but that's ok, ipf SHWs are irrelevant disgusting bloatlord non-athletes, hafthor competes in an infinitely cooler sport, is way more famous, is an actor etc.

fpbp

he lifts more than anyone

i CARE

he's going about it the smart way.

It's more fun to watch a guy like Hall almost kill himself to deadlift 500kg though.