The Real Problem

What can one do to combat and eradicate their desire for instant-gratification?

Attached: 1535772753572.jpg (617x960, 66K)

Recognize when it happens and suppress it. With time and effort it gets easier.

get a dog

Struggled with this too and asked my therapist a few years ago how to fix and he said you just have to force yourself to not do it and get used to waiting a little longer. Sucks but not everything has a trick to it

bump

Attached: 1535773637351.jpg (720x1061, 67K)

The best way is to remove access to it instead of trying to avoid utilizing that access. Like putting your computer away when you're not doing work on it. Which sadly means leaving this site but honestly it's just poisoning your mind anyway

>this site is poisoning your mind
How so?

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1540478625386.jpg (220x200, 9K)

Most viewpoints expressed are negative, slowly giving you a more negative outlook on life. Also a lot of hyperbole, outright bullshit, fake news and so on. You only get the angry incel side of every story and noone ever tells you the good things

Live a good life, fren

Then why are you here?

getting older does it for you

I'm losing the battle against desire for instant gratification, of course

based

Jow Forums btfo

That's a guy isn't it.

Oldfag here, this is true. Something happened around age 25 where I started looking deep into the future with regards to many of my decisions. Found the desire to have kids, quit binge drinking at parties, etc.

We’re here forever

Attached: 21EBF78A-8A72-4CC7-9CAE-9826A219F282.jpg (259x224, 28K)

Meditation helps a bit in my experience.

Their as in "yours" / "one's own"?
Or are we talking about "girls"?

>Same answer either way: Ignore them and go about your business.

nope not a guy

>"Also a lot of hyperbole
>Proceeds to use hyperbole themselves
"only" "ever"

Let the chan flow through you, fag

I accept that actually, but at least the intention was good

Ffs op almost beat it to a girl that’s some low t shit thanks for preventing a huge mistake user

Loyal for 10 years and married for 5 of them, have had a few girls involved with me that sexted etc early on that made things rocky but never cheated. 2kids later and semi retired at 25 my wife has been faithful and yet i have an overwhelming urge to put my dick in every juicy ass i see and flirt. I dont. But sex has become boring routine for me, wife still loves it and our kids are perfect...i never want to compromise our situation yet when i girl pulls fuck me eyes , my tendancy to ignore is becoming harder...the struggle is begining for real this time.

Was in your exact same situation user except I caved. If you fuck another chick make sure she’s disgusting do not wait for someone your actually interested in

Think about it man: As long as you don't cheat, you're a successful man. A man that a young boy should aim to be. Sure urges are there and your mind definitely desires what it doesn't have but as long as you're faithful you're a good man.

That being said the world is full of assholes and if you want to add yourself into the pile then nothing changes and life moves on.

Did your wife find out?
Did you fall for the lady you had an affair with?
I just hope i remain strong willed

she's so fucking tiny....

i would absolutely destroy her in bed.
she couldnt walk for a week

is she legal tho

>As long as you're unhappy you're a successful good man!

Never found out.

Hard to say fell for but definitely more feelings then I’d like probably 7/10 with wife being 7.5 but comparability wise more of a match

Basedfag

>semi retired at 25
Teach us your ways senpai

Also >loyal for 10 years (?!?)
You married your high school sweetheart?
You deserve to be miserable.

Sage

Was the sex lacking too or just perma horny etc?

I feel like i cannot achieve anything more other than being in my current state..which is what i signed up for really...but boy its on my mind like every say now. Even during sex :/

Saved alot and invested in houseing as well as not living a high life...payed off..now i have the time to spend with my young kids.

Yes high school sweetheart and both never experienced being with another partner.

I say for starters your sense of humor becomes different than the standard.
Then things slowly change until you replace human interaction with Jow Forums like I did because it's easy to find like minded people around here than IRL.

Attached: 1525223238243.png (500x775, 676K)

Yeah....but this self control things hard

There’s no way it’s going to be exciting after 5 years. If you end up going through with it hire a pro

What do you mean hire a pro?

No one will understand the struggle of Mobius 1.

Meditation.
Go outside.
No entertainment/social media except for enriching irregular occasions that you spent some time anticipating and waiting for, use them as treats.
Do not use electronic devices except for planned and specific tasks.
Practice mindfulness (in every moment) and the Buddhist: when I do a task, I am only doing the task, it is all I am. When you do a task, you are thinking about something else or skipping between tasks haphazardly, the task is wholly separate and you are elsewhere. That's not a particular quote, but it expresses the sentiment.