Switching from pure strength training (6 years) to athletic/explosive/cardio training

>Switching from pure strength training (6 years) to athletic/explosive/cardio training
>I want to be doing all those bball dunks, jumps, and all around cool athletic shit. Still want to look good naked and have some strength aspect mixed into the workouts.
>Give me program recommendations and tips for the switch etc.

Thanks

Attached: LG-Box3.png (528x482, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/armor-building
youtu.be/vr_O1vWrdWU
youtube.com/watch?v=WVZ3ZcorTF0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cut down to 10%bf first, then do what looks fun and related to what you like to do.

Bruh what kind of advice is this...

Read this
t-nation.com/training/armor-building

Unless you're an athlete using this type of training to gain an athletic edge in the sport you play, don't. It's retarded, will get you injured, a waste of time, and no one cares about your vertical leap when you work in an office for a living.

Attached: 1529739369691.png (400x504, 215K)

Ok because people really give a shit about you being able to bench 300 lbs for reps in an office setting either... No. If anything, being lean looks better in your office clothing than looking nice a fucking bodybuilder lmao

Look into how to plan out sprint and plyo training and start slowly adding them in addition to your weight routine. Cut to the 10-15% body fat range gradually. Don’t push any of the explosive progression too hard, you don’t want injuries. Build up slow. Consider getting a coach who trains athletes specifically for this

How to plan them out? Do you have any specific sprint or pylo training that youd recommend for a beginner in this stuff? And so should i continue with madcows and just supplement with this training? or completely switch up

Watch some Alec Enkiri videos, I believe he has a program on his channel
Here's a video with some of his best lifts and athletic feats
youtu.be/vr_O1vWrdWU

look up jordan kilganon, dont fall for any of his paid shit just watch his free shit on youtube. i stopped caring about this stuff when i graduated high school but i followed some of his stuff when i played high school bball and i improved my vertical to a point where i could dunk at 6 feet tall while being white. i had above average jumping ability to start with so genetics do play a part but you can still make noticeable improvements

So what do you care about now then?

I did track and field in high school so I had a little experience with plyos to begin with. Since you may not have that experience I recommend you watch videos and read up on the basics. Do you know A-skip, B-skip, high knees, butt kicks, straight leg lifts?

First of all you need to practice basic movement patterns and mobility which is what those things above I just listed are an example of. These get you warmed up and activating small stabilizing muscles and help with quickness. Then you move gradually into vertical jumps, bounds, single leg bounds, box jumps, etc. the intensity varies, obviously start out small since your tendons will not be used to this stuff yet.

Check out overtime athletes

You’ll probably have to switch routines and progress more slowly. If you ran madcow properly you wouldn’t be able to handle the plyos, let alone lose fat while doing it.

nothing basically just normie shit like holding a job and getting a gf. i used to unironically think i would play in the NBA one day so when that dream died i totally lost interest in this sort of stuff

Attached: riley 2.jpg (640x480, 29K)

>6 years of pure strength training
I give you three guesses about how lean he is.

bump

Just do some box jumps at the start of your workouts lmao

that aint it chief

that's holy shit.

how the hell is it possible to jump like this
I can't even leap 2 inches off the ground

Jumping is easy user, just run and jump up lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=WVZ3ZcorTF0

Hip flexibilitY

based aussi satanic trips

I've done 62" box jump. AMA

You still want to do heavy compounds for explosiveness. Explosive movements are all about producing maximum force as quickly as possible, which compounds help you do.

>Start gently integrating jumps before squatting/deadlifting (Box jumps, hurdle jumps, then box jump variations)
>Start adding medicine ball throws
>If you aren't already, then learn to power clean
>Cut down to a low body fat
>Add sprints into your training

I’ve done a 51” box jump and 33” vert, how much will it take to get a 40” vert?

riley looks like a good boy

>how much will it take to get a 40” vert?
most likely unachievable. 7 inches doesn't sound like a lot but when you already have a 33" vert it is. A few options, get stronger if you are weak (duh). At least a deep 2x bodyweight high bar squat. If you can do 2x BW you don't really need to focus that much on strength. Yeah a 3x bw squat will help you increase your vert BUT getting from 2x to 3x takes a very long jump and increases injury risk too much. Training time is better spend with other exercises. The better option is to just do a fuck ton of plyometrics and when you train leg to do unilateral leg exercises (single leg). Start by stepping of a shallow box and just learn to absorb the shock. You should barely make a noise when you land. Do that for weeks and then move on to include more dynamic plyometrics (jump on a box, step off and immediately jump for height or distance etc). most plyos should be done with 2 legs. once you become really pro-efficient with plyos you can try to do it with one leg but that increases injury a lot more.