/plg/ - powerlifting general

"dont hold in your anger, insecirity and hatred. use it to fuel your fuking progress" edition

Attached: images (90).jpg (270x187, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BpuMV8EACQn/
youtu.be/OTquzDmeAbc
webmshare.com/mwyLY
youtube.com/watch?v=sBfp0A-V5Fw
youtu.be/usTUzIHk1L0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking stop doing cringe OPs please or I'll just make new ones

So he's the equivalent of a 250lb real man.

Attached: plg - the end times.png (1070x687, 122K)

Make a new one, we will all follow.

I don't want to lose you guys. Never leave Isley.

Attached: images (94).jpg (225x225, 13K)

New OP

Attached: 20181103_133926.png (773x709, 437K)

LMAO

Attached: images (95).jpg (500x572, 38K)

Attached: images (92).jpg (415x739, 30K)

Reposting
>Touching with 315 implies it is my max
The shirt was really high up on me. My PR is 385. And I am 220.

>Stretching
Absolute memes

Bombing is pretty common in equipped

Gotta make lemonade, I guess.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>training

DB bench, wide-grip OHP, ezbar tricep extension, reverse hyper, pulldown.

>eating

Gonna get Mom to teach me her "hamburg shit on rice" recipe. Basically just onions, beef, and chili sauce.
Then I'm gonna have some ice cream postworkout.

>listening

Might go back and listen to some Emperor again.

>feeling

I slept in and it felt nice.

I want more Jón Páll OPs.

Attached: GoodNight.jpg (200x200, 39K)

>Training
Nothing today, spotting and loading a meet tomorrow, testing equipped squat and raw bench on Tuesday

what happened to poutine anyway

Attached: there is literally nothing wrong with pegging.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>training
instagram.com/p/BpuMV8EACQn/

Just setting some equipped PBs. I missed 230 last week and smashed it today.

Feeling fucked now though. Gonna get me some eggs and beans.

Your face on that squat lmao, better than your deadlift face. Someone pls screen cap.

Attached: Screenshot_20181103-150323_Video Player.jpg (400x322, 61K)

mfw they don't compete in the IPF

Are you afraid of yourself when you see these pictures?

No, why would I be? I think they're hilarious

Thread is dead today. But for some reason my gym is packed as fuck on a Saturday afternoon?

George's ugly face scared everyone off. Ugly cunt

>get Mom's recipe
>"it's so simple, user, you'll love it!"
>mfw takes an hour to make
>mfw she did this shit daily for dinner when she was young

It is pretty simple though.

My favorite part of weekend lifting is the empty gym. I'm so fucking triggered when I get there and it's busy on a Saturday.

10/10

Attached: IMG_5346.jpg (407x300, 29K)

I know. Saturdays are usually nearly empty, and Sundays are literally dead. I've been completely alone in the free weight area a good few times.

Weekdays at 7-9pm is the worst, never have to go then anymore though.

Some 40yr old street shitter is just strolling around the gym with a belt on the entire time, moving from bench to bench doing random shit.

Looks like my visit in Paris.

An hour is about the upper limit for preparing dinner for a weeknight. It's not that extreme though.

used straps for front squats and all of my sets were like 15lbs less because I couldn’t round my back and cheat is up with bent wrists feelsbadman

Just do zercher squats and you can round as much as you want.

>she did this shit daily for dinner when she was young
Welcome to being an adult.

Finally feeling yesterday's deadlifts

And nigga does it feel good

I've been lifting for 2 years now and never done any powerlifting specific program. Could you suggest me something where to start. My lifts are:

>benchpress 120kg
>deadlift 195kg
>high bar squat 160kg

Don't do a specific powerlifting program, dip your toe into 5/3/1 for a bit and then decide if you want to compete, then come back and I'll recommend you a proper powerlifting program. But be warned, proper programs can be quite repetitive.

>5/3/1
Good advice. Buy 5/3/1 Forever or Beyond. You can run 5/3/1 until you're totaling well over 1200 lbs, then switch to a PL program.

I remember when I ran 5/3/1 and shilled it 3 years ago now its nuplgs favourite program

From Cuckols 28 free programs to Sheiko, I shilled it all, and now years later people are still talking about it like they just discovered a golden turd.

Fucking nu plg I swear

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1526433931183.png (270x344, 50K)

couldn't squat today so i did leg press instead. 2 sets of 6 with 120 kilo.

On deadlift i went to 60 kilo and had no pain so next week i will try 62.5kilo 3x5. I am looking forward to that.

Pause bench at 65kilo 5 sets of 4. Was alright. Then did some barbell curls with just the for 3 sets of 10. I aint exactly strong but i am getting there.

jim wendler is fucking based bros

Attached: Jim_Driving.jpg (1000x750, 102K)

I hope he dies and I hope you die soon after

Nice blog

shut the fuck up you puny little faggot
you will never be a man

My friend actually tried to do 531 but he didn't progress though so I'm a bit sceptic about that.

I snapped my lower back doing a bench PR of all things, fucking how and how do I prevent this from happening again?

Suicide

Considering

holyshit that's a good one
a n g e r y s q u a t

>your friend doesnt make progress
>1000's of other people do on the same program

Better blame the program

It's not a good program but it's alright for people who might want to do powerlifting one day. I did it for several months when I was just starting out with barbell training.

It's not a good powerlifting program, but it has good adherence and customobility for intermediates.

Brrrpfftsss squiiiiisssh splosh... DRIP!

Weew stinky

Drip

That seems to be it for the Norman khan

Do you like my gift?

Attached: kek.png (418x359, 75K)

youtu.be/OTquzDmeAbc
Threadly reminder to try harder, you probably aren't training as hard as you think you are.

Can i get a form check brethren

webmshare.com/mwyLY

Agreed.

I'm definitely trying as hard as I can. I've given myself tendinitis enough times to know that. Also now I'm not hitting so many high rpe bench sets, it's improving surprisingly consistently.

Is that 170kg?

Yeah it's alright. Don't sink the bar though, keep control of it and just barely touch your tshirt.

My squat has been stuck at 385 for 2 months boys. I think I'm officially a GDE.

Yea

Will try that thanks

>two months
Boo hoo. A stall isn't a stall until it's been a year.

I enjoyed exploring your face.

Attached: hobbyist.png (400x322, 72K)

Thank you for the wisdom. Maybe one day I will learn

Hahahahahaha fucking saved.

Attached: seanpepe2.png (768x768, 77K)

Make sure you're driving back AND up off the chest. Pressing only straight up right off the bat is gonna make it much harder. Drive the bar back over your shoulders every time you start to press.

Have you tried not squatting or deadlifting for more than a week?

Work on something else. Fix your bench. Get some more rest. Try again.

what would you recommend for a lad who's been at it for two years, just did his first meet and wants to get very big and strong

If Tinytrip had your outlook on life, he'd still be around.

You're the mentally healthiest equipped powerlifter I know of.

Finalized for OP.

Attached: Untitled34.png (400x322, 76K)

Is this to prevent bounce? Not touching the bar to my chest makes me think I'm bullshitting the rom.

Yea ive seen that on some elite powerlifters but feels kinda weird for me. Will give it a try again tho

That happened about a month ago because I got sick. I don't know. Maybe I will a rest week for lower body. Might not be such a bad idea.

Touch the bar to your t-shirt.
youtube.com/watch?v=sBfp0A-V5Fw

Fuck you, shit form. Now stop outbenching me.

Yeah they're a bunch of weirdos and outcasts. I've never felt more comfortable.

Yeah prevent bounce, reduce ROM, lift more weight because you have more tightness to press from - and less far to press it.

RTS Emerging Strats and moving up a weightclass.

>bunch of weirdos and outcasts
Aren't we all? We're training for a sport that's only in the Special Olympics and the B-list indie-olympics World Games, along with Korfball and Orienteering

>until it's been a year
youtu.be/usTUzIHk1L0
tl;dw, you can always improve something.

When I went to Junior Worlds 2015 in Finland, they were also hosting the Orienteering World championships too. That had 25,000 participants, volunteers and spectators. Ten times what Classic Worlds did.

Also my university actually recognised an athlete was international class in orienteering. Powerlifting got the finger, as in, stop stealing athletes from rowing and rugby you losers.

Yea, but unlike many students sports it's somewhat useful for everyday life.

Strength sports and fighting sports are superior.

Dave Tate BTFOing evermediates who dont try hard lmao

Just sang John Denver to Alex while driving through West Virginia :)
Weighed in at 104.7 this morning, hopefully won't pull an underscore and weigh in too heavy tomorrow.

Many other sports*

Didn't you say the

No, don't get him started

>Skills tests are good training but it's too easy to lie to yourself and pat yourself on the back for a high squat, hitchy deadlift or bum lifted bench.

That's why I record them. Someone who won't be at least decently critical of whether or not it was meet legal is just going to go compete in some lolfed that doesn't judge for shit anyway. AND it's not like the USAPL even has particularly consistent judges.

Competition DOES give you real plates and good bars, so you can lift heavy AND no one can accuse you of using fake plates like some soft muscle YouTube retard.

>So it's not the exact same thing, is it. It's like comparing touch rugby to a match

To play touch, I'd still have to find something resembling a rugby field and several other people to play with (no homo)

It's more like golfing by yourself instead of in a tournament. Except the weather for golf can make the same course play drastically different on different days, and you can play drastically different courses, while a squat is just a squat. And there's hardly any money to be won in powerlifting.

He got tremendously asspained that trappy would appropriate trap culture or some other INCREDIBLY gay shit and has only popped up a couple of times since.

Fugg, how do I delete my post?

It's okay, he's driving right now. Not gonna be checking plg.

Attached: IMG_20181103_143617960.jpg (3024x4032, 3.38M)

COUNTRY ROADS

Attached: 696.jpg (354x286, 36K)

BIIIIIGG IIIIIIRRROONNNNNNNNNNNN

Attached: become the big iron.jpg (184x184, 9K)

New to powerlifting but I heard having strong hips and neck helps transfer to all the lifts. I’ve been training doing pic related for a while now with not very good results. Any tips for the advanced lifters here on how I should move forward.

Attached: 83295365-60A8-4E06-98DA-2DEB725B757B.jpg (750x1334, 180K)

no this is very good keep doing this

you should also run ph3 i put 100lbs on my squat and total

He looks like he fucks twinks such as yourself.

TWENTY ONE WOULD BE THE RANGER

Attached: 1538061738195.jpg (485x485, 50K)

>trying to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip
Lmao@u

HE WAS VICIOUS AND KILLER, THOUGH A YOUTH OF TWENTY FOUR
AND THE NOTCHES ON HIS PISTOL NUMBERED ONE AND NINETEED MORE

f:nv was comfy af

TEXAS RED WAS A DYEL CONFIRMED

>TT
10 sets of bench tomorrow, might try to do 20 sets of 5 chins as well, but I'm much lighter than isley.
>ET
Junk food and pork bellies
>LTT
Dave Tate talking shit
>FT
I learned how to french kiss. It was awkward and not as hot as I expected. I feel empty for some reason.

F U N C T I O N A L

Attached: Absolutely Phenomenal.jpg (461x600, 44K)

Based and westside pilled

Need to hit a new PR tomorrow pls. I've stalled on bench for like 2 months now. 102.5kg X 9 is the goal. Wish me luck.

rep prs mean nothing. if you do more than 1 rep youre training strength endurance strength is measured in time you see the force velocity curve i read that in verkhonskansky back in 77´ you see force equals mass tiemes acceleration we train the mass on max effort day we hit a 5 pound pr and go home you see people keep saying 5 pounds a month is not much but 60 pounds a year is a lot you see the correlation and the other hand we train speed on dynamic effort day you see this is the greatest method in the world we do a 3 week pendulum wave you see if you front squat 400 ssb 500 and back squat 600 we do 50 55 60 percent that is 200 250 300 250 300 350 300 350 400 you see the correlation bompa said youre training all wrong when i explained him the 3 week pendulum wave he said im a genus. people say it all the time oh i hit a 3board this oh i hit a 5 board that lets see you touch on the meet its like a first date to touch is the hardest thing but ya gotta do it. this is my life

Attached: 1476793163878.png (606x455, 472K)