>exercises pretty much every muscle in your body
>looks impressive
>is a great feeling when your reach the top
>also improves flexability
>rather cheap

Attached: fsefesf.png (1272x653, 1.67M)

Forgot to add
>Bulking is counter-intuetive to climbing
>You'll never learn lead climbing, which is 99% of the pictures that you see of rock climbers
>Toproping or bouldering is your only option and you most likely have to go to a gym instead of outside
>No way to truly test your progression because people who set the routes don't have any specific criteria besides "huh, that seemed sorta challenging. Should it be V3 or V7?"
>If you're above 10% bf and above your ideal weight for your height, it will count against you
>Fingers are always ripped open and bleeding, chalk dries out your skin
>The ultimate sport for skinny twinks
>Some lanklet sets an impossible route for anyone under 6'6 unless they use fully dynamic moves
>Some manlet sets the holds super small and puts the footholds above the handholds

I’m terrified of heights. I am however interested in bouldering. That would actually be manageable for me.

t. Fatty

T. Twinklet

I'm afraid of heights

Tbh i agree with most of this except the lead climbing part, its simple enough any brainlet can do it

>>No way to truly test your progression because people who set the routes don't have any specific criteria besides "huh, that seemed sorta challenging. Should it be V3 or V7?"
imagine unironically believing real life should be like a videogame

That's normal. Try things in a safe environment then trust yourself and the equipment.

Pre-determined routes are no fun.

Black people do not climb. We steal.

OP here, im actually also afraid of heights but I think climbing can be a good way to overcome if you do it step-by-step increasing the height.

Climbing gyms seem fucking lame. I’m looking for stuff to do outside not pay another membership fee to go exercise inside a building.

Implying lifting weights in perfectly defined quantitative increments for objective improvement isn't why 95% of fit is a bunch of aspie males.

You also climb over fences after you steal.

doesn't mean you have to think it's good

There are no climbing gyms within 350 miles from where I live

dont like heights

If you're afraid of heights you don't have to climb actual cliffs just find a rock climbing place and you'll have every safety measure possible

>Would love to
>Live in the flatlands

FeelsBadMan

thighs smaller than forearm.

what a look.

climb walls

>who are those DYELs with the gimp girdles on?
Oh, world class athletes. Well. That's nice.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fun and I respect the sport, but I can appreciate the reality that being good at it is thoroughly incompatible with being a large bodybuilder, which I prefer.

Attached: ElCapitanClimbers.jpg (652x367, 57K)

These threads probably attracted too many autists to it so I actively avoid it

>fall down
>die

no.

Attached: 1534525573770.jpg (1024x665, 58K)

this

the hobby is filled with dirty hippies and hipsters and i don't feel like putting up with them

Attached: 1515563797000.jpg (277x280, 79K)

what do you have to lose though?

Hardcore Parkour!

>>exercises pretty much every muscle in your body
OK
>>looks impressive
Who cares?
>>is a great feeling when your reach the top
OK
>>also improves flexability
OK
>>rather cheap
No. Just getting to the nearest climbing place costs about 40€. Add the session cost 10€, shoes 3€. That's 53€ total for one session. If you actually want it to build any muscle and strength and become better, you have to do it at least twice a week, which means it costs 432€ for 4 weeks.

Climbfags getting desperate
>rather cheap

Attached: E192B9AA-E096-440F-AF69-2DC3FD356F06.jpg (491x404, 87K)

I am doing bouldering, my dormitory has it for free in evenings, it should help with my grip strength right?

can you start by bouldering outside or is that a bad idea?

Do you commute by fucking plane mate

Your commute price is retarded.

I pay $35 monthly for a membership. My own shoes+harness+gear was like $100. I don't live in the fucking sticks so the gym is a nice 15m drive away.

Attached: aRex2rj_700b.jpg (700x836, 90K)

I don't have any local mountains or gym with climb shit but does anyone have experience with these made in china japanese ninja bear tree climbing claws?

Attached: 519v3-X4jJL._AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 17K)

Bus 80 km + local town bus.
67€ monthly membership here.

Doing dynos is a lot of fun

i don't have the finger strength to do intermediate boulders with smol holds, but i'm having a lot of fun with a more physical problems.

Attached: 6045331981_e76bbda25b_o[1].jpg (1500x687, 340K)

Horrible for masturbation

>you’ll never learn lead climbing
Are you some kind of brainlet?

Hey Jow Forums why aren't you doing meditation/cold showers/waking up early/reading/writing/SS/PPL/GOMAD/rockclimbing/swimming/MMA/combat sports/military/Navy SEALs/volunteering/college/dropping-out/drinking/pickup/socializing/xyz

I fucking hate these threads. They're just humblebrags from the OP to make himself feel good about his choices and gets off on judging others for not following his flavor of the month. Fucking sage and ignore these dumb threads.

cope

He's right tho

>Climbing gyms seem fucking lame
how about you actually try it

>Rather cheap
Base investment is probably +$600?

Attached: 1541020121685.jpg (500x334, 79K)

You can be in the top 5% at any gym with the body type of a large bodybuilder, you just also have to be very strong

>angles

try and get that back with only bodyweight

Attached: adam-ondra-1024x642.jpg (1024x642, 217K)

>fully frontal picture taken in sunlight
>angles

What are you talking about dude?

Then go climb a rock. The great outdoors awaits.

this is a side picture my dude

I know, I'm referring to the one I originally posted to which you replied ">angles", as it it mattered.

They're DYELs all day long despite being some of the world's greatest at their sport and it bums me out. Put Alex Honnold in a t-shirt and he looks like any normal dude on the street except for his hands.

Attached: people-always-think-that-because-have-muscles-l-dont-have-14887983.png (500x467, 106K)

>live in DC area
>two friends who climb often live 10m from climbing gym
>I bought a place recently further out west, major milestone in life
>consequence of that action is that I'd have to drive 35 miles each time to go climbing with friends
>they go 3 times a week

I like to fill up my gas tank once a week, I'd rather not have to double my fuel expenditures on top of a 60/mo membership just for the additional benefit of socialized climbing.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to climb, but the costs outweigh the benefits. I'll revisit the option beginning of next year (on the basis that I get a solid pay raise end of this year).

no friends to climb outdoors with or do toprope/lead climbing with

i boulder sometimes, but i am afraid of heights and sometimes i feel like it is bad on my finger and elbow tendons

>They're DYELs all day long despite being some of the world's greatest at their sport and it bums me out. Put Alex Honnold in a t-shirt and he looks like any normal dude on the street except for his hands.

>t.

no but seriously, appart from forearm and traps, you will look dyel from climbing

Attached: de6db9b9850622b23e3139300927743d201fba5767ddb8a6b396e5bfa46b19a0.jpg (480x377, 38K)

You should be doing all of those things really

This kind osituation why i want an electric car.

Honestly, I don't like the culture. They seem too vain to me, especially when one of the main appeals of their sport is "dude it looks cool."

What's our climbing grade fit?
V10 project outdoor is gonna be done by the end of the year and working a 5.12d sport route (can get the moves but don't have the endurance to do the whole climb)

Sheeeeeeeeeeit