/fast/ #325 Feels Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

:)

Attached: 1513615447586.png (680x762, 435K)

bump

Guess what the FUCK I'm eating RIGHT NOW?

Really struggling at plateau friends.

I have gone from 77kg> 72kg but been stuck at 72kg for a month (178cm).

I have not made much progress on lifting/fitness either, staying at around 50 press ups and 3 min plank as my best. I just can't seem to do more despite doing those 50 press ups or 3 min plank every other day.

SUBSISTING ON PURE FEELS, LIKE A TRUE FASTING DISCIPLE.

Day 1/100 fasting here.

Starting @ 330 lbs. Stopping my fast at 180 lbs OR 100 days, whichever comes first.

Health and fatigue issues all my life.

/Health/ here I come!

Attached: 149521962062988.jpg (209x241, 8K)

your life away, nodiscipline loser!

What movie is OPs pic referencing?

'life without a condom: the story of Benny Lava'

I have 150 hours I feel that I have mastered this completely I go for 30 lb., holding about 100 hours more I'm cold I still do not go into auzchwitz mode

Attached: 75757.png (285x317, 38K)

Is it ok to workout fasted? Doing 48 hours rn.

The ending of Blade Runner

cheese garlic loaf stuffed with cheesy pasta, and some more pasta on the side. I feel so fucking bloated, my fast was going great but I felt like breaking it for no good reason. Shit

Attached: ogre.jpg (1625x921, 315K)

I thought you were gonna say "nothing"
what a letdown

I'm gonna follow up with something worse because I feel like shit now and honestly I wanna eat some more i'm a fucking heifer mate

Even based strokeposter is fasting now!

Actually, it's day 1/1. it's not 1/100 unless you actually do 100 day, which is very unlikely unless you're experienced in extended fasts or under medical supervision. what's the longest fast you've undertaken until now?

Cardio = ok
light weight/ high reps = good
heavy weights/ low reps = not good

your body can't replace the muscles you're breaking down atm, best bet is to try to maintain your muscle mass by light weight lifting

I've gone 15 days. I'm not giving up. It's 180 lbs or 100 days, so help me God!

your gonna m8k it, senpai!!!

follow up, as promised
one doritos and two fucking cookies from subway
shit my body was literally crying telling me 'don't eat another bite, it's too much' but I had to
looking forward to the explosive shits in a couple minutes, I won't post pics of those I'm not a nutter

Attached: ogee.jpg (425x739, 94K)

I'm givin it a try for the first time after reading /fast/ for a couple weeks

I'm 6'1 201lbs as of this morning, last meal was lastnight at 9pm.

Any good advice for a first timer?

Bump for other gotta go fasters

I feel like shit when fasting 1 day a week. I thought this feeling would last few weeks or even months but I've been fasting 1 day a week almost 6 months and nothing changed.
I'm honestly considering to drop fasting because I feel so shit that I can't even be bothered to play video games, forget studying or doing something meaningful.

shit takes time yo
I've been trying to fast since 2015 and only this year I managed to do 12 day streaks
aim for more days to get fat adapted, try 3-4 days for starters and drink snekjoos, you might need it so soon

why is kireiketomine posting without his tripcode here

Can I do a 10 day fast at 17% body fat? I'm 6'1 175 but I want to cut down to 12% for face gains and I figure a 10 day fast should give be that 8-9 pound fat loss I'm looking for. Or is this only for fatter people? I don't want to lose muscle but on the other hand, I can't see my abs and would like to be able to

Will adding some water juice in my 2L bottle break my fast

Went from 168 to 162 so far this month on IF alone. Pic related is me last week. Waiting for Monday to weigh in again. By late December I should be decently skinny.

Attached: 20181029_150358.jpg (3024x4032, 3.44M)

IIRC you can safely fast till around 10% bodyfat, after that you hit starvation territory(good bye gains).

Maybe try 'one meal a day'+keto first, just to make sure you can safely fast without wrecking your gains.

can i fast if i’m on beetus meds?

i’m on metformin until the fat disappears

Attached: 57EF0366-E85C-441F-B1A1-3A7D14C15BEB.jpg (717x1024, 191K)

Ask your doctor retard

How many days of wet fasting do I need to complete before my metabolism increase is maxed out?

Attached: D8CE8D1F-B73E-475E-A6A5-21224FA29F0A.jpg (1080x1440, 195K)

Day 1/10 for me. Don't listen to the others. I've yet to succeed in particularly long fasts such as this one, but I get better every time.

We can do it.

fasting cures diabtes 2 you dont even need that insuline shit anymore

rest easy
Drink a ton of water
Expect to fail
But when you do try eating something no/low carb
Try again
fasting is surprisingly very easy

Thank you!!

If I do end up breaking it what's the best foods to break it with

Currently day 2 of dry fasting
My mouth has more saliva than I do when not fasting
I'm not thirsty or hungry at all it's very interesting
Anyways should I spit my saliva out?

How many times have you fasted? Do you notice significant benefits every time?

>tfw broke fast after 2.5 days
I caved I made a burger patty at work. Was hoping to go for 3-4 days

Don't need metformin if you're not eating.

>377 lb walking disaster
>3 sets of 4 day fasts behind me
>on day 4 of a planned 7 day fast rn
>346 lbs after above
>this picture disgusts me

a-am I going to make it? That looks exactly like the kind of garbage I normally ate.

>carbs with carbs

Attached: 1325195578398.jpg (320x240, 23K)

So I'm a fattie fasting 18:6 every day and eating 1200 calories. Lost 10 kg in a month this way. Is it okay I should I improve something?

I'm around 53kg, 173cm. Yes, I have absolutely no muscle, but I have fat on my waist, belly and thighs, can I safely do a 2 week fast right? I don't have access to potassium chloride or baking soda so I'll just go with salt water when I feel lightheaded.

Lads, I'm 5'7" and 210lbs. How long to get to 150 with snake juice fasting non stop? I'm above the manlet cutoff thankfully, but the extra weight doesn't look good on me, ya know?

gonna make it, user

i've been doing OMAD for a while, but I'm not gaining muscle as fast as i should be. I'd like to cut down to 12% and then clean bulk with 3 healthy meals a day, try to minimize fat gain

how do you not have access to those things? I'm assuming you're European because metric. Here in burgerland you can get all those things at walmart. Amazon ships too.

Also, instead of fasting I'd advise you to lift and lift heavy to get out of skinnyfat mode. Weightlifting is a triple threat from a calorie perspective: You burn calories while actually lifting the weights, your body consumes calories to build and repair your muscle tissue, and muscle tissue is living respiring metabolizing mass that increases your basal metabolic rate (you'll burn more calories just existing with lots of muscle). I'm not saying dirty bulk on pizzas and creatine, just go do the big compound barbell lifts and by the time you're even moderately strong you'll have experienced beneficial body recomposition.

If you're set on fasting try shorter runs to get used to it. Straight into 2 weeks with no experience is going to be really fucking rough.

you are well above the manlet cutoff

At that weight lifting will help the most.

If it works for you keep going mate. Just remember that weight loss will slow down, so don't freak out and binge eat when you plateau for a few days or so.

Anyone tried DNP while fasting?

I'm doing a snake juice minicut for two weeks. I've already lost 7. Tomorrow I was thinking of refeeding with carbs so that I can still perform in the gym. Is this a bad idea or should I just continue in ketosis until the end?

Has anyone fasted during a cold? For a few weeks I’ve been eating once every 72 hours (getting my salts, fats, veggies, protein in) but yesterday 48 hours in I got a tickle in my throat and now today on the third day my stomach feels bad, my body is “rejecting” swallowing water - I think I’m coming down with a cold. Should I extend my fast? Or still eat tonight? I eat and it’s still there tomorrow should I hop on OMAD until it’s gone? Would love some advice, never gotten sick or been sick during fasting.

The beauty of fasting is that it's so easy to get back in to, even if you fuck up--unlike with conventional dieting where one bad meal can fuck up an entire week of hard work. Just get back on the saddle and try not to let it happen again, and if you do let it happen, at least try to make sure the meal(s) is keto friendly.

>do 20/4 for 10 days
>lose 7lbs
>literally only lose 2lbs of my bench and a little bit of chest
wtf I love fasting now

Currently doing 16:8, and heard that it is more beneficial to do so for five days a week and not fast over the weekend. True?

9lbs*
I'm 20%bf or less with some muscle. will I fuck my gains/strenght too much if I keep doing 20/4 until I reach 12-13%bf?

True, it won't happen again. I didn't eat because I was hungry, or tired, or I missed the taste of food. I just did it because it felt alien to not eat food
at least I've progressed from breaking my fast for hunger or weakness or something, no way to go but up. And my streaks are bretty gud, 7+ days are easy to pull. I probably shat out half the calories undigested so idc

Do you wanna die nigga?

when I lose weight I wanna look like prime Gandy

Anyone else feel triggered this is still in the sticky?

Attached: image.png (750x1334, 192K)

Nah its the same with the "dont do radical diets like fasting" bs in the /fat/ mega. If retards want to spend years cutting 50 pounds despite the science pointing in the other direction, let em. Its their fault for being so boneheaded.

>I just did it because it felt alien to not eat food
Yeah, that's what trips me up a lot too. I just get really bored, and I can never shake the feeling of it feeling weird not to eat. It's also easy to really fixate on wanting something, and make it seem like it's going to taste so much better than it really is. It's a shame how much our mind fucks with us, because physically, fasting is so easy it's ridiculous.

I mean, it's not -technically- wrong, it just doesn't give the entire picture. Starvation mode is a real thing, but starvation and enormous caloric deficits != fasting.

>Its their fault for being so boneheaded.
Lmao, it's not that they're boneheaded, it's that they're genuinely so weak that they literally can't go a day without eating food, so they make up excuses for themselves. Have you ever actually looked into one of those threads? 85% of the posts are just them talking about how they massively binged on the worst sort of shit and ruined a week or more of progress--and yet, they have the gall to accuse us of being susceptible to binging.

just broke my fast today (day 5) with 2 beef patties, 5 pieces of bacon, and an avocado. might go another 3-5

Did we ever come to a conclusion about marijuana? Is it safe or w/e while on a multi-day fast?
Asking for a friend who's an alcoholic and can't fast because he needs some sort of intoxication to get through his miserable life. I-it's not me.

Attached: 1466886322897.gif (348x490, 197K)

Yes about a week ago. I tried pushing through for 4 days before my throat started tightening up and I had to take some cough drops because the salt water gargle wasn't helping anymore. After I stopped fasting, it took about 5 days to get better. I know some people swear fasting helps during sickness but I would just go by how your body feels.

Im doin my first yohimbine fast plus boxing for cardio tomorrow, any tips?
Also heard about adding citrulline to the dose amplified effects, but since its an amino acid building block I was worried about the insulin response breaking my fast, anyone tried this before?
>t. Used to regularly fast 3 times a week

Attached: 1538999668177.png (822x518, 322K)

Why would it not be safe? As long as you can stick to your diet plan despite the munchies, it's not going to hurt you

>Why would it not be safe?
I don't know. Why is alcohol not safe?

Because alcohol has many more direct negative effects on the body than weed does. Weed isn't 100% healthy but you can smoke the shit out of it and still be fine

I smoke on fasting days sometimes, but it's hard to resist the munchies so keep yourself occupied.

Don't know if Jow Forums will be any help, but is it safe to fast while I'm on my period?

would definitely ask a doc about this

Not quite sure but statistically speaking, if fasting was a regular thing that happened to prehistoric man as it most likely was, then a week-long period would've been a death sentence if fasting would be harmful.
I'd say it's fine. At any rate, what's the worst that could happen? You think you're gonna die because you're leaking a little blood and haven't eaten in 3 days?

I've never gotten the munchies. I hate eating when I'm high. I don't even get thirsty. I wonder if that'd be different when I'm fasted.

Attached: 1473365606605.jpg (864x717, 101K)

I suppose so. I was mainly concerned because I'm going out with friends and I don't wanna faint or something. Thank you though, I'll carry on.

high right now 38 hours in.
Pretty fucking hungry rn but w/e

must be nice

Just eat a piece(slice?) of liver next time you eat.
I also get horrible panic attacks for the first 10-20 minutes. So the weed giveth and the weed taketh away.

Why liver?

It's ridiculously high in a lot of vitamins and minerals for what it is: a mostly protein animal food that's low in calories.

can i fast on EC stack?

dehydration?

Can I fast 2 days on 2 days off while? I'm currently keto and eating at 1300kcal(massive deficit for me) but am interested in trying fasting. Would fasting for 48hours then going back to eating but at a deficit be problematic?

>I hate eating when I'm high(...)I wonder if that'd be different when I'm fasted.
I thought it was your friend who was an alcoholic with a miserable life, user.

Attached: 1HWC.jpg (614x703, 51K)

I'm feeling kinda nauseous and I have an 8 hour shift at the produce department today. I don't know If I can make it to Wednesday. (been fasting sense Thursday).

guys, i got complacent. I lost 20 pounds and went back to eating for a while and now I cant even get past a 3 day fast without breaking. what do I do?

Attached: Fat+pepe+hate+fat+pepes+all+hate+themselves+inside_ce1c69_5576352.jpg (500x407, 24K)

Its fine. As long as you stay keto, you'll lose fat insanely fat doing 48s.

Ask these questions to yourself, be introspective. Only you can decide what you want to do, fast or not.

Just make it until Monday, after 5 days all my nausea goes away. Might be the same with you. In the meanwhile, get more baking soda in.

Reassess your long term goals. How much weight do you want to lose by the end of the year? Go on losertown and print out your estimated progress and try to meet your goal every week. Putting together 48s or 72s with very small refeeds can be nearly as effective as doing bigger fasts.

Attached: blackops2_lookmax.jpg (576x576, 76K)

I miss grandpa omaw

goodbye frens I am not coming back

Genuine question, no criticism. Say I were at the end of a bulk and I was 18% bf, supposing fasting is the most muscle-sparing fat loss method, could I simply stop eating until I reached 10% and have kept the majority of my muscle mass? If so, why is CICO the go to instead of this much simpler method?

>zoomers

Lads a question, fasting and keto basically work on the same principle, but keto is related to increased risk of atherosclerosis, does that mean fasting is as well?

bros... how are you supposed to get past plateaus?