Is it possible to get fit while still drinking copious amounts of beer every weekend...

Is it possible to get fit while still drinking copious amounts of beer every weekend? I've successfully stopped drinking during the week, but the weekend I let loose.

How much do you drink usually and what do you drink?

Attached: brews.jpg (2000x1200, 771K)

Other urls found in this thread:

criticalbench.com/muscle-alcohol.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

considering going out and getting trashed tonight but I also don't wanna lose all my gains

I should just start doing coke instead

Attached: 66681bcf05bc4f479cf8fb5e59daf7ab.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Skip the beer and drink pure liquor. Like vodka or whisky

Depends on how you define 'copious', if you drink more than 5 in one night you're damaging your gains quite a lot. That being said, so long as you lift and eat protein you'll always at least slowly get the results you want.

Only go out and order alcohol free beer instead, the mood and general vibe will put you in a half"drunk" state anyways, and everybody else won't notice because you are drinking atleast something.

Chad bulks on a diet of beer and pizza, and still looks better than you

Attached: vqpapc.jpg (480x640, 32K)

I like beer, but honestly if you are going to end up drinking copius amounts of it then I would just switch to hard stuff, or dry wines if that's to your taste. Unless you a super low calorie beer then it's almost impposible not to drink a fucking pound of fat's worth of beer in a single night if you are really going for it. It's pretty difficult not to be set back by it.

Calories in, calories out

I get bulk of my tdee from alcohol, lift heavy, and make sure to get enough protein. You can drink everyday and be fit if you want to. READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU CAN DRINK EVERYDAY IT IS ALL ABOUT CICO/IIFYM

sure. you're between 18-22 right?

beer has hops which got more estrogen than onions

only superior european beer

Don't drink so much you total faggot
get some meaning in your life that gives you more fulfillment than you seek with your 'mates' every weekend drinking beer by the liter

y e s
drinking mutt beer will make you poor and pathetic we have all their white papers

shut up incel lol

big boy! alpha male! get sloshed while you can lad, what's life without a couple dozen pints every weekend!

Attached: 1540331045055.png (488x463, 28K)

>READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU CAN DRINK EVERYDAY IT IS ALL ABOUT CICO/IIFYM
Amazing. You think it's okay to drink poison on the daily? Jesus

>seething
lol

>Is it possible to get fit while still drinking copious amounts of beer every weekend?
No.
Excessive alcohol use is one of the biggest gains-goblins you could imagine.
Ethanol is a POISON and your body commits vast resources to rid itself of it and repair the damage it causes, resources that could be used to make your body stronger.
Furthermore alcohol makes you FAT, and worse it makes your LIVER FATTY, which is not something you can reverse. Over time this can kill you; well-known fact.

You should not go out every weekend and get blasted, not if you take your fitness seriously.
Furthermore being a drunk-ass fool is not impressive to anyone, it's just annoying.

Corey?

Haha incel lol

>Liter
not the Chad Royal English Pint

This

I know it's you Corey you autistic fuck

>it makes your LIVER FATTY, which is not something you can reverse

blatant falsehood. pre-clinical fatty liver can be completely reversed with 2 weeks of abstaining, provided you exercise and eat clean. even flat-out fatty liver disease can be reversed. its hepatitis + cirrhosis that dont go away.

dont harbor strong opinions if you dont know what your talking about.

yes OP, if youre young you can drink heavily but keep it to once a week.

>he has his liver biopsied all the time
Guess everyone has to have a fettish, yours is unnecessary medical procedures, LOL

Show us your medical degree or STFU.

Also stop trolling the bros into alcoholism, you gains-goblin, you.
>he wants everyone to believe being stinking drunk every weekend is okay
Go back to

someone with his head screwed on right, finally

>Drinking all the time
Don't fall for it, lads.

1) It negatively affects protein synthesis.
2) It lowers testosterone levels and increases estrogen.
3) It causes dehydration.
4) It depletes the body of vitamins and minerals.
5) It increases fat storage.
criticalbench.com/muscle-alcohol.htm

WEE WOO WEE WOO MEDICAL QUALITY CONTROL COMING THROUGH WEE WOO

I'll allow this. Alcohol-related steatosis can be reversed with abstinence, although 2 weeks is probably a bit optimistic in my experience. NASH (by definition, non-alcoholic, just bringing it up for the sake of being comprehensive) is not usually reversible.

Cirrhosis is the result (largely) of hepatitis (or, rather, long term hepatitis will result in cirrhosis) and so that is generally the marker of severe irreversible liver damage.

Ultimately, whilst long-term liver damage isn't even a majority of eventualities even in chronic alcoholics (about 1/3 in my practice), it's not good for gains.Only drinking once a week would probably be ok as long as it's not during any theoretical recovery period (also don't lift with a hangover), eat properly etc. or ideally just don't drink (marginal gains lads).

t. ST6 Med Reg, West Yorkshire, just finished a year in gastro.

Yeah, coke all the way mate!

OP, women don't think stinking drunk dudes are cool, at least not women who are worth your trouble; the one who do like it are nothing BUT trouble, and likely to end up fat alcoholics themselves.

Women worth your time and effort appreciate a guy who has the character to stay in control yet still have a good time. Also if you're out with a girl and she ends up going home with you, you'll 'perform' better if you're not wasted, and showing a girl a good time that way impresses the hell out of them. Isn't that more important?

stop trying to bucket-crab everyone into gymceldom. im not telling him its ok to get plastered in front of his computer every night, im just telling him he doesnt have to be afraid of going out on the weekend like a normal human being.

so you agree with everything i said

Getting buzzed at my computer is more fun then I ever had on a night out. If you aren't a normie you can LARP as one but it doesn't mean you will have fun.

>go out to a party on Halloween
>drink until I puke my brains out
>too hungover to lift or even eat the next day
>lose 5lbs and have a cold for the rest of the week, further hindering my gains
Drinking just isn't worth it brahs

Attached: 1541019860452-fit.jpg (376x434, 127K)

getting drunk alone is one of the purest pleasures there is. you get to listen to whatever music you want, do whatever it is you want to do, eat what you want to eat. its almost like the shittiness of going out is a protective measure against alcoholism. drinking alone is way too good to do on a regular basis

>so you agree with everything i said
Essentially but I still think drinking isn't good for gains, but if you manage the vice it's not gonna nuke everything.

You clearly don't read everything or what the medfag said above would have sunk in: alcohol is bad for gains.

Also you sound like an alcoholic defending his substance addiction problem. In any event you should not be giving advice to anyone on this subject because you clearly don't understand that you're giving bad advice to guys who don't know any better.

ANYONE serious about their physical training should limit their alcohol consumption to a couple beers on the weekend, or one decent-sized mixed drink.

If you can't have 'fun' without alcohol, then you might have a problem. If you can't have 'fun' without getting wasted, then you DEFINITELY have a problem.

Also, if you're drinking alone all the time, you might very well have a problem; that's one of the signs of alcoholism (always drinks alone).

You're right, I only drink in public when I'm with either of my two friends and that happens twice a year at best. I drink alone about four times a year, always enough to get buzzed, nothing much. Last time I drank at all was 3 weeks ago when I was watching Hornblower, before that it was in December 2017.

>Also, if you're drinking alone all the time
Where are you getting this from???? lmao 'um you clearly didnt read everything' lol.

you seem to be projecting a lot unto my posts. i never said alcohol wasnt objectively bad for gains, just that OP shouldnt force himself to miss out on things hed like to do ie going out. the majority of posters on this board are college aged non-athletes, and theyd do well to heed my advice.

even plenty of athletes drink far more than i said was reasonable. i hate to bring up the chad example but it is true that he lifts more than you and looks way better than you & he gets drunk every weekend. just dont keep it up into adulthood

It depends on where you are. If you're a 500-pound hambeast, the weight will come off for a while if you cut alcohol during the week while continuing to drink on the weekend. Thats anywhere from 100 to 500 calories a day you are cutting out even having just one beer. You may find yourself hitting a wall when you get close to your ideal weight, and if you can't give up the beer, you're going to have to make adjustments elsewhere, like how much you eat or exercise during the week. I don't know much about the effects of beer on gaining muscle, but I do know some very muscular guys who party hard on the weekend.

If you just want to get really drunk, wine and liquor will get you drunk faster with fewer calories. You may want to drink more water with them because obviously there's less water for every bit of alcohol and the hangovers even from good liquor are much worse than those from beer if you don't keep hydrated.

Yes. Been an alcohol for probably 3 years. Don't normally drink on week days but stay buzzed from Friday afternoon to Sunday night.

Might clear through 30-45 drinks in a weekend.

It really burns you out though and I've stopped, I think for real this time.

But I ran every weekday morning, lifted for an hour every lunch break, and went climbing 2 days a week.

On weekends I might even have some hair of the dog and train lol.

Stayed 5'11, 185, around 10-14% bf most times. Had a 510 dead at one point and could do 12 dead hang pull ups with a plate and 6 dips with 3pl8.

It catches up with you though mentally and physically. Highly recommend against it.

You drink if you want to, within measure, not because it's part of 'the experience' or whatever bullshit you're shilling. Not all of us wanna go to parties where you're a square if you don't drink a dozen pints and lose your head
and Chad getting drunk every weekend has nothing to do with him looking better, nor does it help with his lifts. It's part of who he is, and college athletes are mostly party monkeys who act like Gronk

This.

Everyone probably has one or two vices that limit their gains. Not getting enough sleep, maybe dietary, workout plan related, some other habit... Nobody is (or should) be suggesting you go full gainz mode and refuse to indulge any aspect of modern life completely because it could harm your gains by a fraction of a percentage point. BUT if youre going out twice a week and getting trashed then that's gonna have a negative impact on your gains to the point where you have to decide if its worth it. If you have the perfect life beyond the alcohol then you'll still make good gains (i.e god-tier diet and macros, amazing recovery routine etc etc), but you've got to accept the fact that you may have to go to fairly serious lengths to get back what you lose from the booze. A few beers at the weekend will be a much more absorbable impact than multiple days or heavy sessions. You won't have to go as far to get that potential rate-of-gainz back, or you'd see better progress for the same relative effort elsewhere.

Point about water is important. Worst hangovers tend to come from darker spirits (whiskey etc) compared to clear ones like vodka IF YOU CONTROL FOR WATER INTAKE. This becomes doubly important when trying to shake your hangover.

I do it every other day. But I don't get drunk I just get a beer buzz. And it is one of the best feelings. Fuck going to bars and clubs normies get fat and don't even lift and worst of all are happy being surrounded by empty headed sluts.

youre arguing with me over things i never said. OP wants to party; he should. if you dont you shouldnt. plus i never said that chad's looks + strength are BECAUSE of drinking, just that they werent hindered by it

maybe a drink or two would improve your mood ;)

Based

Started eating healthy and lifting 2 weeks ago. Already lost 6.5 lbs and felt pretty proud of myself.
What if i only get shitfaced once a month, would i gain back weight?

>inb4 lol 2 weeks
Gotta start somewhere lads.

>they werent hindered by it
wait till he's older
weekend binge drinking will catch up, sooner or later
OP is probably compulsive, that's why he 'lets loose' every weekend

Forgot to mention i'm 20. Sometimes that's brought up when the topic is alcohol

count calories and just include whatever alcohol you drink in your total.

Once a month is probably infrequent enough that you won't notice a difference. Just be aware of the calories. Consider it a cheat day or something if you're calorie counting (in the restrictive sense).

Good beer is very calorie dense. Personally beer also makes me super bloated so it will hide your abs while you are drinking. I usually end up having a beer or a glass of wine most nights, it is probably terrible for your gains but whatever. I'm not about to sacrifice looking slightly skinnier for my beer.

agreed

>still drinking literal poison

You know what's worse ?

My career is about making people consume it aswell.

>Is it possible to get fit while still drinking copious amounts of beer every weekend?
it's possible to get fit while drinking copious amounts of beer every day

Yes. As long as you do some fasting

>people using the word "poison" unironically on a board that encourages ketosis

question, Is once a week fine for getting drunk? I usually go out on Fridays and try to stick to hard liquors when possible. I've been doing this for a bit and haven't really noticed any side effects, but I'm curious on Jow Forums's take. I'm a skinny guy(155lbs) with a low tolerance so it only takes about 6 drinks to get me totally fuck up.

Attached: 1537917744823.jpg (1148x746, 204K)

Binge drinking is more unhealthy than having a beer or glass of wine every now and then.

Like other anons said at the very least switch to liquor. Beer is the ultimate gains destroyer