Esoteric Gym Secrets

Share your wisdom.

1. Do push press with the lowering part done slow as possible instead of overhead press

2. Don't train chest too much - overdeveloped chest leads to a feminine physique, compare to classic greek statues

3. Do stomach vacuums instead of obsessing with abdominals and staying small

4. If you want to look strong train your neck and improve your posture

5. Brewer's yeast is a secretly godlike supplement. Vitamin C is underrated.

Attached: DpPGge3UYAAS4PF.jpg (1000x1200, 393K)

1. one hand side/db press
2. no chest isolation but get fucking strong on incline and decline or dibs
3. planks
4. see 1
5. fiber and vitamin e

when you are doing push movements try to squeeze the pinky, youll get better chest activation.

Based
Pull with your ring finger when doing pulling movements
Bands are underrated
Have an arm day
Do heavyass farmer carries
Practice flexing in a mirror as often as possible, learn what angles and shots make you look best/biggest

Attached: natty tiger.jpg (800x1023, 165K)

I bring the wisdom of supplements
>yohimbine HCL
>megadose d3
>fish oil
>maca root, ashwagandha, tumeric, chamomile tea
>ZMA
>casein instead of whey
>beta alanine and caffeine pills over pre workout

some non obvious training secrets
>stretch your traps at the top of OHP/Push Press
>it's been studied and confirmed over and over that taking a week break every few months actually improves strength and muscle mass and reduces inflammation/fatigue

>open your palm at the top of weighted dips for tricep head activation, feels completely different than normal
>knee height rack pulls + straps == retarded trap gains
>sleep plenty , but wake early.

>Tfw I wouldn't be able to stay away from the gym for a week without losing my mind
It's all I ever look forward to
Thanks for the trap gains seekrit tho

Attached: womanlet_mog.jpg (514x720, 47K)

How many months are we talking, and do you have any links to studies? If it's true, I'll be planning vacations around the breaks then.

What are the benefits of d3 megadose?

Could you write a little bit about the benefits of each of these please? I'm interested to learn

> links to studies
sorry, usually once ive done adequate research on stuff I incorporate it in my training and forget about it.

yohimbine is god tier fat burner
everything else is for mood, energy, general health and help with depression/anxiety/sleep

go to examine.com and search whatever you want to know more about.

Not even that esoteric, but still criminally under exploited.

1. A warm up makes your body ready to move and improves blood flow to the areas you are going to work. So before you take the empty bar for squats, do a few minutes of hip mobility drills (duh) and then do some high rep light weight work to get the area moving, for example 4x20 goblet squats superset with 4x20 db sldl. Then when you come to take your warm up sets, the first sets feel like they're moving well, and you're practicing perfect reps the whole time you're under the bar, rather than moving like crap until you're under 80% of your working weight, and having plenty of bad reps ingrained. This approach is also very useful for rehabbing injuries, I'm currently rehabbing a pec strain by starting all upper body work with 4x20 dB bench and dB rows and a few sets of curls and pressdowns.
2. Fish oil can really help you out if your joints (esp elbows and wrists) don't feel great and don't be afraid to take much larger doses than the packaging advises, the only downside of too much omega 3 is you can get the runs.
3. If you can't get a stretch at the top of the lat pulldown because the cable is too short to give you tension when your arms are straight, kneel on the ground behind the seat, this will also make you far more conscious of how much your torso is moving.

Cont.

4.The Z press and floor press with dumbbells or a barbell are criminally underutilized for developing the overhead press. Second for the overhead is a piece of knowledge from the depths of the SS book, which is immediately after your last heavy set of overheads, keep doing partials to the sticking point, to try and train yourself to accelerate through it.
5. When doing incline curls, externally rotate your arms to the extent that the dumbbells actually move in the same plane (i.e perpendicular to your body) to accentuate the stretch (which is the principal reason to do incline curls in the first place). Follow these up with spider curls or preachers to work the two extremes of the biceps ROM.
6. Superset all pressing with a pull somehow, even if you've got a load of back work the next day, do band pull aparts between sets, it'll really help how your shoulders feel. Likewise doing light curls between tricep work to protect the elbows

1. Lean forward slightly (10deg max) during seated OHP
2. Only do incline bench, never dips or flat unless you want tits.
3. Start your workout with your weak area (back, chest, shoulders, etc..)

train your kegal's (pelvis muscles) inbetween sets. There are lots of benefits to strong kegal muscles. You want to be able to hold it 24/7 eventually

Do dropsets with bands for insane strength carryover while working volume
Scapular strength is key to all of upper body strength
Working on hip explosion (power cleans) will result in greater strength overall
Strengthen your grip = strengthen all your upper body lifts
Try stability work, then thank me
Your grip is probably way weaker than it should be
Shorter nights w/ naps is the way to go
More fruits
Don't be scared to stop doing an exercise if you hit a plateau, replace it with something similar, come back to it later

Cum 1 hour after working out

>When doing incline curls
When would I ever be doing incline curls?

Attached: 1519798221718.jpg (320x480, 46K)

1. dont do SS. its for fat people that are too lazy to lose weight

63 % @ 3x6

81% @ 3x3

33% @ 9x1

Attached: octahedron.jpg (884x973, 125K)

for maximal hypertrophy gains, for each muscle group, do: at least 15 sets per week of 8-12 reps, with the heaviest weight possible
if you wanna make strength gains, just lower the rep count, increase the set count, & eat/sleep more
every few weeks, switch up the lifts to prevent plateaus
the shit isn't difficult, lol
got my bench from 235 to 295 over the course of 3 months or so by doing (literally only this) 5x12 db bench, and 5x8 weighted dips once a week
i only made gains because i went as heavy as possible for each work set though (while still maintaining the rep ranges)
probably coulda made more gains had i followed a PL program but fuck that boring shit

Mega dose d3 leads to diarrhea for me.. wat do

>>casein instead of whey
That's a hard no from me.