Hot showers increase blood flow (good for gains & health)...

hot showers increase blood flow (good for gains & health)... why in the world would I want to slow it down with cold showers instead?

Attached: 200275455-001.jpg (452x600, 52K)

Its gr8 for cutting

Muscle relaxation. There's a reason EVERY professional athlete takes ice baths/ices their joints.

Literally false

Heat does increase heart rate and bring blood to the surface. That's the body's main thermoregulatory mechanism.

I thought this was like an 'injury recovery' thing, not a 'gains' thing. Care to elaborate?

shower?

Cold showers are an exercise in discipline. You need to learn how to endure pain when you feel most vulnerable. This is a pretty harmless way to do that.

You're right, he's wrong.

Literally no one has shown muscle gains from taking cold showers.

"buh muh T gains* shut up faggot. You know what else spikes in a cold shower? Cortisol, the motherfucking catabolic masterwerk. Oh and also it's so small and so temporary it still doesn't matter.

Cold showers are the biggest of faggots. If you're trying this hard youre compensating for being a fucking loser

Attached: 681fe16649fa0409e3d0fb7e5a75ac98.jpg (2741x3636, 1.09M)

based

Cold showers decrease cortisol mate, not sure you know what you're talking about

What abound James Bond showers?
Hot shower and ending it with a cold one?

Attached: 1541268714126.jpg (306x306, 24K)

Hot showers damage your skin and hair. There is no excuse for taking a hot shower. Do you think everyone throughout the history of humanity where taking hot showers every time they washed?

You know cold showers aren't "painful" and aren't that different then being in a pool or river. You know how you feel cold right when you enter a river or pool but then feel fine after a few seconds? It's the same way with cold showers. It feels better getting out of a cold shower then it does getting out of a hot shower

Sleeping naked, or at least with your balls uncovered, is far more important for Test levels than showering hot/cold will ever be

I've taken hot showers all of my life with minimal exception and despite being 31 my hair is fucking full and thick and wonderful. My skin has always been shit thanks to chronic acne, so I have no evidence against that.

But I'll agree, the times I have taken cold showers it's rough as hell the first few seconds and pretty quickly you adapt and it feels great getting out of it.

But it feels even better taking a hot as fuck shower.

(I take a hot shower and then blast myself with cold water all over when I'm done.)

I do this, it's fun bc stepping out doesn't feel cold any more

da real mvp

It increases blood flow to the skin, not to the muscles. You need a half hour into the sauna to achieve that

I do this to close skin pores after hot water and using cleansing liquids.

Based and smellpilled

Hot showers give me incredible dandruff with red, swollen skin to boot all over my scalp, face and chest. For people who have dry skin, hot showers are the devil. Ever since I shower with cold or room temperature shower I'm doing good.

I do it from time to time and it feels really fucking good. But having the dick and ass all exposed to the sheets feels a bit weird.

Hot shower before going to sleep helps you fall asleep quicker. If you shower at mornings idk.

I will never take hot showers again. The discipline and willpower that cold shower has instilled in me will never be achievable with hot shower.

Attached: Shower.jpg (735x1102, 123K)

no sources

I don’t see anything different

well exercises like lifting literalky cause minor injuries to your muscle tissue.
so doing something that helos with injury recovery will also help your regeneration and performance.

Same as a hot shower,the main benefit of cold showers it the mental one doing something that is hard until it's easy,same as with all stimuli,do something that's hard until it's easy and reap benefits same like lifting weights

sources: 1) my ass, 2) that mentally unstable blogger 3) i REALLY like cold showers!

I like coldish showers as it is better for my skin, but I think it's misconception of prison culture leaking into mainstream cultivate. Inmates take ice cold showers in the USA for two reasons. Reason number one being that most prisons are hot a fuck and the second is that they claim that getting the shock from ice cold water is similar to being stabbed. So they do it to train for being able to fight after being shanked.

the one posted by is higher rezolution

This. Scottish/bond showers are the asbolutr best of both worlds, start off hot and end up cold. I hope everyone tries this at least once

Scottish shower is the best.

cold showers are for people who need something to give them a sense of immediate accomplishment, as they lack in other aspects of life.
in a way that's why they kinda work, because the feeling of walking out of a cold shower is one of victory and success, which then serves as motivation.
it has nothing to do with cold water. you could replace cold showers with 5 minute roller coaster rides and get the same results
all the pseudo garbage like is why people can't take cold showers seriously

I blast myself with cold water every now and then just for the self discipline

Read "The flinch"

>hot showers increase blood flow (good for gains & health)... why in the world would I want to slow it down with cold showers instead?
Well it amuses the trolls to know you're voluntarily suffering, that's why, you want to be a good Jow Forums citizen and amuse the trolls, don't you? Seriously what kind of dick is someone who denies trolls their fap material like that?

didn't know this was a thing, been doing it for years just to cool off and stop sweating after all that hot water

watch out if you have heart problems or are under too much stress in your life, those constrast showers make your heart go rampage

I do this. it closes your pores and (for me at least) gives my hair better texture

>he took the musty pill

Attached: 1513119477734.png (288x291, 89K)

>very cold - feels like shit
>cold - feels awesome
>in between - feels okay
>hot - feels very comfy
>very hot - please end this suffering

99% of the days I choose comfy over awesome, tho

Cold showers increase your circulation also, increases energy and alertness, and are a good practice in discipline. Hot showers are bad for your skin and hair, and can make you feel sluggish in the morning.

at least 25% of those claims are true

been doing it since i was 13, whenever i wear something to bed my balls are magically shrunk in the morning, take it all off in bed.