/fat/ - Saturday Night Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant but it covers all the basics of diet and excercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) USE "SEDENTARY" FOR CALCULATIONS
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. milk, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: rtvr.jpg (737x758, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I forgot to put the previous thread in the OP

Attached: lkjblj.jpg (633x758, 64K)

>>don't be a retard

probably the most important of them all, and I am guilty of this more often that I should be.

Attached: disapoint.jpg (201x251, 5K)

You guys ever just go into an autopilot mode and realize you're making some bullshit that doesnt fit your calories? Its really infuriating.

Alright, round boy. Let'd dance!

Attached: 4587be57ce8ca07d5556dc8bc832c215.jpg (636x478, 34K)

That's actually really stupid thing to do user. Never do your morning workout with an empty stomach.

From Google:
>Try the following: If you're exercising within an hour after you wake up, eat around 100-300 calories. Try a smoothie, a yogurt-granola parfait, oatmeal of, if you can't stomach much in the morning, try orange juice or a sports drink. Avoid too much fat or protein, since these take longer to digest.

The main goal is to have energy so you don't stop or feel weak. Having energy in your stomach is good.

Starting Monday I'm trying out carnivore for the first time. I normally already eat a lot of meat, but I also have a lot of vegetables and dairy, which I'll be cutting out. I'll be eating mainly ground beef and chicken thighs seasoned with salt. Only water to drink.
Anyone here have experience with carnivore? How did it make you feel, and how did it contribute to your weight loss?

Attached: thinking_que.png (600x600, 94K)

Not at all stoopid. You will be using glycogen, and it takes a good day of working out + daily activities to burn through all of glycogen in muscles and liver. You will also use a bit of fatty acids in your blood. That's the goal right there. You use them now, then body has to go to adipose storage, aka your 6 chin to get more and release into blood. This is a slow process of course, so basically you can't be (intermittently) fasting and not lose strength and endurance, but this is what's gonna make you less of an adipomonster.

I hope you have your schedule clear for doctor visits in a couple months

Made a post here lads

I know you're just being punchy and epic but you bring up a good point. Might be interesting to go to a doctor on Monday to get blood work done, and then check again to see where I am after a month or so.
I'll make sure to post my results here for posterity.

Attached: based_elon.png (483x798, 339K)

Increased cholesterol.
There, I saved you.
Saved you from the meme diet. And the tests.

>graduated /fat/
>muh depression
>18th day in a row binge eating
>feel like absolute dog shit
>can't stop won't stop
How do I convince my fucking retarded brain that I can't find happiness through eating obscene amounts of kcal?

There are no dietary studies outside of epidemiology that prove dietary cholesterol increases blood cholesterol.

going to extremes is bad regardless of what you do, just eat some veggies with it. if you're absolutely set on going pure carnivore, take a multivitamin and go to your doctor regularly to make sure you aren't killing yourself any more than normal

for me it was leaning the feelings that came on that caused me to binge eat, for me today being a sunday means I have to go to work tomorrow at my reasonably stressful job. In the past I would have knocked back 6 or more beers, a bag of chips and maybe some chocolate too.

Now, I'm alcohol free and dont feel the need to do that, I can recognise the stress triggers easier and go out for a walk or bike ride to combat the feelings.

260 5'9 here. Am I going to have a ton of loose skin once I hit my goal weight of 185~?

Just let it go. Give yourself a week.
Eat whatever the fuck you want. Whenever you want. While eating, think about the progress. Why you're doing this. And how happy "normal" people were when you were fatty. It'll take some time, it'll hit you one day. Atleast that's what happened to me.

Practical way- don't buy any food other than whole green veggies, fruits and meta. Don't buy ANYTHING other than that.

How do I have a sedentary student life without getting /fat/? I started a really hard course where a lot of people study for 5+ hours a day this year, and despite having a physical part time job I keep gaining weight. Currently meant to be studying but I'm too caffeinated and pissed of in general, literally climbing the fucking walls and trying to stave off hunger with my kitchen in my tiny fucking apartment literally 2ft away. Have nothing to occupy my time except vidya (either pisses me off or bores me), study (I shouldn't have to fucking study, I'm in the best years of my life and will pass anyway) or go outside (and spend money I don't have in the sweltering heat).

Already gained 5kg this year after finally achieving skelly mode and I can't go back, I just can't.

Smoke cigarettes.

I do IF. It also helps me to concentrate better without any food.

>out with friends
>impulse thought of burgers
>almost lose control of self, go to drive through, get the 2 for $6 whopper at BK
>but three of these at the same time
>4 large fries so I don't look like I'm eating this myself
>force this all down
>in pain
>fuck, I already had breakfast today
>already prepared dinner too
>can't let this go to waste
>repeat
I don't even like the taste at all, I could make so much better, and the cost is retarded. I don't know why I do this.

>Smoke cigarettes.
I don't enjoy it. Makes my lips and nose bleed.

>Weigh myself thursday
>197lbs
>Weigh myself today
>191lbs

I did take a bit shit last night but is it possible to have a shit weigh anywhere from 1-6 pounds?

Attached: 1488471388179.jpg (500x665, 77K)

Water, shit. Also, you're losing weight. So, it's not uncommon to lose that much.

you know that's a tranny don't you

you know this doesn't answer my question don't you

don't really care about your question, you should already know that water weight varies quite a lot day to day

but 6lbs of water weight? Isn't that to much?

Jesus not very smart are you?
It's your shit weight, water weight. And even some fat you've lost. Don't overthink it. It's common.
Maybe you were in a plateau or will hit one

Guys and property i have a problem, I am losing weight but I cant see it. I have lost 60 pounds from 368 pounds. Everyone is complementing me yet it feels wrong. Is it just the fat mentality....

Attached: Le_Sad.png (1500x1639, 36K)

Think about how much of your body is water then ask yourself that question again.

It's dysmorphia, keep going. Taking personal progress pics helps.

That's because you just didn't lose 60 lbs overnight.
You lost it so gradually that you didn't notice it.
Take pics everyday.
And excel all your measurements. Arms, biceps, legs, rights, calves, hips, waist and neck.

Been on chocolate only diet since Halloween. I daily eat around 3 Ferrero rochers, 2 walkers shortbread biscuits, 3 hersheys nuggets and 3 litres of water and 1 cigarette with 120 ml of coffee for dinner.

Dont know the overall calories but I feel light and im slowly losing weight without starving. Im gonna continue this until finish all the Halloween candies which is quite a lot or i severely fuck up my body.

Itd be nice if someone counts overall calories.

Attached: IMG_20181101_182819.jpg (3120x4160, 3.13M)

how do i lose body fat without losing too much muscle? i do a lot of cardio (cycling + running) and lift maybe twice a week

????
That is not good for your health? Your not getting the nutrients you need, no vitamins or proteins. Second your losing weight because your starving yourself. I know i am a random guy on the internet but at least get a multivitamin.

Attached: Scurvy.png (782x519, 196K)

You're doing it all wrong.
You gotta lift more and eat more protein. And nitrogen balance. Look it up.

How do i into multivitamins?

>go to store
>ask nice person
>buy
>eat one once a day

Attached: images.jpg (212x237, 5K)

Why are you losing weight?
Jesus fucking Christ. You're all brainlets.
You're literally chugging down sugar. Sure, if you eat less you'll lose weight. But you'll also lose whatever muscle mass you have. Read how sugar affects your body. And when I mean sugar, I mean the cancer white dust. Not sugar from fruits which have fibres to counteract all those sugar.

You're losing weight to become healthy.
What's the point of eating all those sugars you fucking dumbfucks?

Just smoke cigarettes and snort cocaine and don't eat anything. Uber skelly mode in 1 month. Ez

Attached: 1474138215053.jpg (775x837, 69K)

>sugar from fruits which have fibres to counteract all those sugar

More of a meme than you'd like to admit.

And organ failure mode or coffin mode in 2 months

>Implying eating chocolates everyday is healthy.

>Implying eating chocolate is anywhere near dangerous as doing coke

>Brainlet doesn't get my point. Continues to live in denial-land
Oh ok then.

EAT YOUR VEGGIES YOU FAT FUCK
CHOCOLATE IS BAD FOR YOU
"MUH STUDY" WAS A HOAX

Attached: Veggie-skeleton.jpg (600x794, 175K)

sorry user your a good person
was meant for stupid faggot

Please do.

GUESS WHAT I JUST HAD FOR THE THIRD MEAL IN A ROW GUYS
HERE'S A HINT

Attached: gccx.jpg (600x360, 42K)

you fat piece of shit

>start diet and excercise plan 2 months ago
>everything is going smoothly so far (for the most part)
>feel like i lost alot of weight
>can fit in my work pants that i wore 8 years ago
>get up on the scale
>im literally the heaviest iv ever been

jesus christ, im not even lifting

don't go by scale weight
go by physical appearance /body fat

Whoever said 'chocolate doesn't cause pimples' is a fucking liar, it certainly does, ate a bit for a cheat snack and there's one on my face overnight despite months of a clear face

>cheat snack
stop

>cheat
>snack

Attached: dr. ting.jpg (1100x1080, 191K)

i don't know why this is so funny to me xD

holy fuck yes, living the dream user
god i love walkers shortbread. wish i could diet like that but other people in the house would raise concerns

Attached: 1535490513695.jpg (453x455, 43K)

Boys it's good to visit /fat/ again

Any of my fatbros no nutvembering just for fun? I've been pretty okay so far

just ate dinner
time for a nap

retard with a question here
if I ate way under what I should. say like 500 cal a day.
what would this do to my body?
I'd assume it would still lose weight
but surely there would be negative side effects or something

I know it's probably a stupid question since if this worked everyone would just do it. just curious about it is all.

As long as you're not malnourished (as in micronutrient deficient), all that should happen is, that you lose weight.

>malnourished (as in micronutrient deficient)
wouldn't that happen eating that little anyway

If you hit your protein goal you should be fine

You'll feel like shit, also that diet is boring as fuck. Just count calories and eat mainly whole foods, no need to do some restrictive fad diet.

>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal bodyweight)
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

i'm going to quit drinking again tomorrow and try to start eating less. I'm going to just try and do portion control even though I know you're all going to make fun of me because everytime I try to count calories I get to stressed out and give up because I'm retarded and a faggot and any other bad name you can think to call me for not doing the only legitimate diet

Anyway, can anyone give me tips on how to stay sober during the winter? It's usually when I get the most depressed and just sit at my house and drink and eat but I can't do that anymore cuz I think it's affecting my organ health

Attached: lain.jpg (1008x720, 48K)

Do the hunger pains ever go away? I'm like a week in and i'm getting one right now.

Yes, just wait

>went from overweight to skinny(fat)
>girl from college has reached out to me several times after class for small talk
>greets me when I see her
>I suspect she might like me a bit

I'm not used to this. How do I safely reject her? Am I obligated to tell her I'm gay or can I just lie and say I'm in a complicated relationship?

Attached: 1541137560351.png (526x567, 537K)

How long until they are gone?

Holy moly. I was fasted yesterday and mom brought a cake. I was able to see my fast trough but when I woke up this morning I ate 1600 calories worth of cake, after fasting, on empty stomach.
Sugar rush is real.

>fat 220lb
>its because i have low test i swear
>start clomid
>test goes up to 1300 from 300s
>despite on diet im 260 lb now with more scars on stomach

fugg :DD

tried to eat well
made it 2 days before breaking and having a bowl of strawberries and ice cream
I have no self control and my mother and gf won't stop shoving food in my face
how the fuck can I get out of this hellish place

if a girl likes you, you have to fuck her.

Your metabolism isn't fooled. You can do this, but it balances out anyway because your body is good at using nutrients. Starving your body makes it weak. Being weak during exercise is a bad idea. Especially if you're new to it and starting it to lose weight. You won't push as hard as you would with something in your stomach, something light.

You burn more muscle too when you go into an exercise without any energy from your sleep, which is a fast.

It's like people who diet with fasting. Sure, it works, and you will be really sick if you don't do it properly with supplements, but your stomach will be hungry as fuck for whatever you put in it and becomes super efficient. Anything you eat after will absorb directly into your ass because you've starved your stomach so long.

Going into extremes like exercising on fumes alone is retarded. The fact is though, most don't know enough if exercising in the morning is good or bad on an empty stomach. There are arguments on both sides.

>/fat/ advice
>"Smoke cigarettes."

Attached: 1339958799474.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

you'll get gallstones 100% and experience one of the worst pains in your life and then spend 3 to 7 days in a hospital while doctors scan you, put tubes down your throat and starve you for surgery, which then is done and can fuck you up badly if it goes wrong, even kill you. if you're lucky everything goes well and you have a nasty scar on your stomach or in your back or in your side. if things go mediocre, you will have to piss through a tube your entire life. also your teeth can start falling out without proper nutrients after a while. your liver might start to fail after a long period of fasting. lots of shit can go wrong. your body relies on sugars to live too and even if you do take supplements, they aren't enough because they don't absorb into your body without proper food in your that also contains it. they simply pass through. then there are some nutrients your body cannot produce at all that would benefit from like Omega-3 fatty acids that you can get from fish only.

but hey, you'll get thin super fast.

>this

been fasting and doing a lot of working out for 2 weeks, then this past week has been more shaky with eating lots of bread and some chips unfortunately

getting back in the swing next week

i've noticed when i've been gaining weight over the past years, my gut doesn't really expand outwards but way more to the sides, i get really barrel shaped when i reach a certain threshold, feels good to become un-barreled

Yes?

finally lose 10kg in 3month. we're all gonna make it bruhs

Attached: dc6.png (220x228, 12K)

does not eating much actually result in gallstones? I randomly got gallstones and had to go under the knife to get my entire gallbladder removed. The doctors had no idea why it happened, since I'm young and healthy. I do have a past of not eating much for periods of time.

realized what thread I was in. I'm not actually /fat/ I just lurk these threads.

I'm trying to get back on the wagon again boys.
Fell off the past month and half, was bingeing fast food like a motherfucker.
>Stacked Grilled Cheeseburger Munchie meal w/ large diet coke and 6 tacos from Jack off in the Box
daily
>Sometimes an additional lunch of 2 Big Macs, 2 McChickens, a large diet coke, and a large fry
>Drinking way too many energy drinks daily usually 2-3

Went from 190 to 215lbs (5'11"), probably lost a shitload of muscle my lifts all suck again. First day back on the bench and something popped in my shoulder its messed up but not too bad. (1 plate each side, PR was 1.5 plates each side for 8 reps)
Same kind of pop that happened in my back when I was at my lightest finally able to do real man pull-ups pushing that last one out. I have shit genetics I guess.

On the bright side, cooked for myself the past two days. Made whole wheat pasta with redsauce and kielbasa. Not counting calories because it can't be any worse than the assload of fastfood I was eating with no gym. Whole reason I started bingeing was because I was so sick of not getting any stronger I though maybe I needed to up calorie intake. I was doing keto at a point in this year but I got hemorrhoids and I think it was partially because of the keto, (also my caffine intake, mobile gaming on the toilet, and probably lifting too) so I think I'm going to stick with carbs in my diet and just resolve that I will always have a gut and not be mired but will be somewhat healthy

Regardless of what happens, I'm going to finish this year out strong for the next two months. Gonna do Nofap-tember because why not I already nutted the previous days but going forward.I Hope others are doing good!

getting the urge to cut the fat off my body again Jow Forums
I need serious help

I got gallstones for stupidly fasting without any real plan other than meal replacements and vitamins. It was one of the worst experiences in my life since I had no clue what was happening. I might have lost weight but it wasn't worth it for what happened..

Gallstones can happen to anyone though. Here's the gallbladder. It's actually useless to us. It serves no function and thus when you get gallstones the doctors remove the entire bladder from your body all at once. That's what the surgery is for. It stores gall inside it, and eventually stones start to form. The more meat you eat the more likely those stones form in your lifetime. Some are tiny stones that can move around, some are huge and get stuck.
When you lose a lot of weight quickly, this upsets your body that one of those stones move out and go into those tiny "tubes". They are not fun stones. They infect the "tubes" and then your stomach.
When they draw blood form you at the hospital while you writhe in pain, they will instantly notice you are sick as fuck. Your stomach will violently convulse and never stop. You won't be able to sleep or eat anything, let alone think anything but suicide or pain relief.
If you have a bad back, like I do, the pain will radiate into your spin and then all over your body, to your limbs, to your legs. You will feel paralyzed by pain. This is the type of pain that makes hard boiled sailors whine like little babies. It's nothing something you want.
Like said though, these stones can dislodge any time on any age group. When I was in the hospital across me was a qt girl with the same problem.

If you suddenly get stomach pains after fasting or dieting, it's gall stones. Especially if you have been a meat lover through your life before. Google more for better information though.

Attached: gallbladder.jpg (646x438, 95K)

>tfw in front of you the omelet you prepared for after workout meal

Attached: diet.gif (220x165, 617K)

>energy drinks
i cant fathom how people can drink that poison

im not gonna make it if i keep binging :(

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1920x1080, 62K)

stop yourself. eat oatmeal. it fills you.

nearly third week of my 1000cal a day diet. this is the farest I've ever gotten and it reassures me to think that if I get through this now, I wont have to go through the pain of having to start dieting ever again

Just stop binging bro

Where are you from?

thanks guys, i cooked myself some chicken and red peppers with no oil or anything, basically like a fajita

i'm hoping that will fill me up as an OMAD for the next few days

Attached: ThingsfallCurtisjackson.jpg (750x484, 151K)

You can give yourself scurvy in a month FYI, i would definitely at least take a multivit and some kind of effervescent vit c drink

I already have low blood sugar (90/70)

Does that mean it will be easier for me to reach ketosis when i start my keto diet next week?

Only have 20 pounds left to lose

give me 3 meals to eat every day so I don't have to be fat anymore

Oatmeal - in the morning, with 10g butter at most and bit of dried fruit - about 400+ cal
Lunch - shift between chicken breast, ground beef and fishes to get total of about 300-500 cal form meats. On side 100g rice or buckwheat, even pasta when you feel like it, all those are about 350 cal per 100g so 400+350+(200 any additions like vegetables, maybe bit of cheese) - totaling 950 cal
Dinner same as Lunch - 950 cal
Totaling 2300 cal

This would just be a template, don'f forget eggs and other things you like. Obviously adjust the cal value but if you hit the gym and do cardio this is pretty much perfect.
You would have to make even bigger cuts form main meals if you want snacks