/fitlit/

What mental gains have you made this weekend?

I read pic related in one sitting. My eyes were full at the end.

Attached: OfMiceAndMen.jpg (215x335, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5vb8HVTKMk
google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Samuel+13&version=NIV&interface=amp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shitty book
Dumb whore had it coming

I'm reading the unabomber's manifesto. It's a decent critique at industrial society but nothing really profound

I read the Prince by Machiaveli, not sure how fit the lit is though

reading Intelligent Investor for probably the 8th time in my llife

Currently reading Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills 9th edition.

It’s a fun read but if you aren’t going to go back in time several centuries and become a noble there isn’t much to learn from it.

It's interesting, a little dated though?

i need comfy books before going to bed, any recommends guys???

Attached: 1485473101338.jpg (743x800, 99K)

meme-itations by marcus aurelius.

Read some blurbs of books by Neil gaiman, James Joyce or Kurt vonnegut and choose something from there.

9th edition is the newest one.

Depends what you consider comfy. I'd recommend Swann's way, its very comfy.

I enjoyed Slaughter House 5.

Is models by Mark Manson good?

I've heard good things

is there any actual point of reading fiction, asking this as someone who wants to write it. im terrified of putting effort into something that ends up seeming elementary but maybe im just insecure

I read mein kampf because why the fuck not
Goddamn hitler is a whiny cunt

don't read meditations. great advice sure, but impossibly long for how slow it is. That advice kinda goes against the philosophy, but theres simpler ways to get your head there. read not giving a fuck or jordan peterson if you need self help + entertainment.

I definitely need to pick up some better literature, but for now Im reading life 3.0 as my non fiction and snow crash as my fiction. Both seem fascinating and thought provoking. life 3.0 especially. Got book of longing by leonard cohen on the way too.

>fiction
>mental gains
Oh man didn't know this board was full of women

>don't read meditations
Agreed
> great advice sure
Yeah if you're an 80 years old boomer LOL

You into climbing? I've been reading Trad Climbers Bible and it's full of fun stories

Relative to the time invested, rather little.

It's mildly useful to reference particular elements of particularly relevant stories, like, say Shakespearean plays, but you can really learn these things far better just by reading summaries and an essay or two analyzing it with some of the more famous quotes.

Science fiction is kind of interesting in that it can introduce certain what-if scenarios and let you think about hypothetical but-not-too-impossible worlds which can parallel issues facing us today. But these components are usually just a backdrop to the actual story. To suggest it's that efficient in this regard is a bit much

t. Brainlet

>don't read meditations
>read jordan peterson

Attached: 1537582608164.png (575x565, 508K)

I'm The Fall of Western Man by Mark Collett
It's okay so far.

Attached: images.jpg (765x1080, 84K)

I became vegan and finally understood that I do not have the right to kill other sentient beings.

England 871-12 something something
anyways
BASED KING CNUT!

For Whom the Bell Tolls.....First Hemingway i'm not enjoying sadly

The core principal of the book (polarization) is pretty accurate and useful, everything else just boils down to "get fit and don't be an autist"

currently reading Jane Erye
im only 10 chapters in but its really interesting so far.
the worst part of the book so far was the introduction written by some jewish feminiist english professor who thought itd be a good idea to tell the entire plot of the book with spoilers IN THE INTRODUCTION TO THE BOOK

Attached: 41Nf+yyQq5L._SX297_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (299x447, 20K)

I thought the main point was vulnerability?

I’ve been getting into it. I’m currently working on my aldha triple crown and when I’m done will focus on mountaineering as my hobby. I’m doing the PCT next year and they recommend knowing how to use an ice axe for the High Sierras so I figured, “why not kill two birds with one stone,” and read THE book about mountaineering.

Absolutely, pathetic.

I read several threads on Jow Forums, my mental gains have diminished, and I am an anxious wreck.

i thought the power process was pretty profound desu

>thus spake'st zarathustra

Attached: 848.png (659x525, 205K)

currently reading houllebecq

Meditations is slow because it was never really intended for an audience. It's a collection of little snippets of (mostly) good philosophy that aren't really fleshed out in detail or tied together. I'd say it's worth glossing over once in a while but it's not valuable to read in one sitting.

Attached: 1534509578515.jpg (746x757, 69K)

is that the book about racemixing

Patrician. Everyone should read them.

The Sound of Waves. After getting through The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea and The Temple of the Golden Pavilion, its nice to read something that isn't going to end in disaster.

Attached: Mishima in a nutshell.jpg (258x194, 12K)

Now this is epic

Been reading this breakdown of the ancillary conflicts around the American Revolution, including a lot of background on American radicalization and uprisings I was unaware of. Bretty good so far

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 4.04.10 PM.png (932x829, 327K)

The doctrine of awakening by julius evola

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is also fantastic.

1) The Dhamma Padda (I probably misspelled it)
2) a book on short stories an uncle of mine wrote

Fiction is a lot more valid in concept than people give it credit for. Telling a story is actually a very effective way of teaching people, changing their minds, transposing emotions, etc. You just have to be really good at it. Insecurity means you're going to try harder to succeed, provided you actually start in the first place.

Just finished The Art of the Deal, and it was actually very entertaining. Had some pretty interesting stories with tidbits of business wisdom thrown in throughout. Overall I'd say it's great if you want a motivator to start your own business. By the end of it I had a massive capitalism-boner.

Attached: 1455314563881.jpg (302x499, 38K)

Are you in middle School?

Yikes. Stick to the weights.

I love me some history books. Got a bookshelf pretty much full of them.

Newest read is on the US civil war. Feel like I've learnt a lot about the build up to the war, which I lacked before.

Attached: file.png (500x762, 792K)

Been reading Horus Heresy series thanks to king autismo Latsbrah.

youtube.com/watch?v=K5vb8HVTKMk

I listened to the audio book. I wrote liked it. You could tell he was a bit of an autistic trying hard not to be, but the take away premise of valuing yourself and switching that mindset from trying to impress girls was useful to me. Would recommend.

True, but I also think it is a bit sad that nowadays everything has to have an utilitarian side, or else be discarded.

For me reading (good) fiction is simply pleasurable, it is an aesthetic/sensory experience with no immediate utility. It feels good. I have read at least an hour a day everyday since I can remember.

> he's not /fitlit/

Nigga I listened to one of the audiobooks on youtube and was concerned with how much I enjoyed it. I can't bring myself to openly read the books because I'm not a warhammer autist, but I wouldn't mind getting the audiobooks for the series. Do you know any links to free audiobooks for the series?

No sorry lad. I've been just been reading the paperbacks.
I've had no exposure to Warhammer 40k before I started reading these books.
The first 5 of them have been pretty good.
You don't need to be a model painting autist to enjoy the books.

Just started, bretty gud

I just remembered I downloaded this, gonna give it a read now.

Attached: how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people-16.jpg (353x353, 46K)

Finally decided to read this meme

Attached: 51U89SxGp-L.jpg (333x500, 39K)

Just finished Principles by Ray Dalio.

I heard this book is just a meme.

It's another racist whiteb*y fantasy. Don't waste your time

Thanks Schlomo. You truly are the greatest ally.

The meme is wh*teboy, get it right next time nigger or I'll withhold your welfare check and let Shaniqua put you on child support

If you're into history I'd suggest Count Belisarius by Robert Graves. Based on the original accounts of the scribe eunuch of his wife, it retells the life story of arguably the last great 'Roman' general.

It involves Byzantium and their reconquest of Sicily, North Africa and Italy against the barbarians who brought about the fall of the Western Roman empire. it's an interesting read into the world 1500 years ago, as well as a story about how rigid codes of honour may not always be the best course of action.

Key characters include Justinian the Great, Theodora, Justinian's wife, Belisarius' wife Antonina and numerous barbarian kings from the visigoths and the vandals.

Attached: 71VZWUusFCL.jpg (761x1170, 217K)

you forgot your image mr shekelburg

Attached: phonekike.png (611x756, 14K)

Nigger BTFO

Worth a read?

Attached: 1528755441843.jpg (900x1200, 130K)

If you're a closested bodybuilder, yes. So all of Jow Forums should read it.

based

Excellent taste user. Which one?

the bible

I learned the basics of building levels for Doom 2. I also read about 100 pages of Snow Crash. Great book.

Unironically mirin those theological gains.

Currently reading Meditations, got recommended on here. First book of this type that I'm reading and it's amazingly wise.

Hopefully will move on to more good books after.
Have to finish mein kampf too (picked it up some years back out of curiosity).

Question to Jow Forums. When do you guys read? I only for some reason tend to read the most while commuting or while in bed before I sleep.

Complete shot in the dark, but is it riddled with typos and editing errors like all of these masculinity how-to books?

Do you guys read pdfs on your phones/tablets or do you tend to buy physical copies.

ty for the rec. I don't feel like diving into Gibbon until I can set aside a good chunk of time and I just finished rubicon so I might as well continue with Romans. Might grab I Claudius too.

I've been reading some Lovecraft-inspired short stories from my local book shop, but I'm almost done. Someone recommend me something spooky, I miss being afraid of things

Meditations is great. I am due for a re read. It's methods of daily character building are still so applicable, thousands of years later.

only non-fiction in my case

Kindle only. Tired of the space books take up, moving them, etc. Best 40 bucks i ever spent on a Black Friday special.

Mein kampf

What if the book you want to read isn't on amazon or however it happens on there.

What do you do?

Felt like shit after going to a students football game on friday, got me to get my ass back into the gym saturday. Also stopped stressing so much about being a teacher I sat down and enjoyed my weekend for the most part. Procrastinating right now working on stuff for students though, but I have an idea of what I want to do.. Just have to actually do it.

I read meditations in 30 minutes, and it was an alright read; but I’m talking to someone who finds snow crash fascinating, that book is garbage, the only enjoyable part was when the librarian AI was talking about the mystical history of the Sumerians and how cuneiform was code used like computer code. The intro was a lot of fun, but the rest of it was such a slug to get through. It made me want to give up on cyber genre completely.

I'm a zookeeper, it's relevant

Attached: Zoostory.jpg (900x600, 90K)

Comfy book user.

I read 2nd samuel 13
google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Samuel+13&version=NIV&interface=amp
It's about Tamar getting raped by her brother Amnon. Then her other brother, Absalom, kills Amnon.

Good job on reading an entry-level highschool book

I like spending money on physical print, not just for the impetus but for the added tactile dimension. You get a realer sense of progress as you flip the pages. The shape and feel of the book change chapter by chapter, which adds a foothold for your memory whence re-reading or in reference, also recall.

Everyone has to start somewhere

Pdf to .mobi with calibre, obviously

youve read it?

Almost finished with this, and made me remember when I read The Selfish Gene back in freshmen year.

It reveals so much about human nature and potential, and in the meantime gives you some pretty bleak blackpills.

Attached: 5752.jpg (307x475, 26K)

im about halfway through Foucault - The History of Sexuality. I need it for a research paper, but it's also a pretty fun read.

I always have one physical book I'm reading and one ebook on my phone. Denser shit I like to have physical copies of that I can annotate but I also like being able to read between sets/waiting in line for groceries/etc

for

currently reading The Prince, by Macciavelli. Not sure what to read after that, probably something fiction that just amuses me.

Definitely recommend The Hobbit for comfiness. Any book centered around a journey somewhere is usually comfy, especially if it's fantasy or adventurous.

Hemingway is great, I enjoyed that book desu, but not as much as A Farewell To Arms.

I have only read Sun & Steel, the og /fitlit/, and The Temple of the Golden Pavillion by Mishima, I want to read more really badly. Considering picking up that Spring Snow book sometime next year.

Just might have to get this for that motivation, I'm considering starting a business and could use any inspiration I can get, from anywhere.
Also for the memery of it.

Attached: 1507925837674.png (600x1017, 475K)