This is what I want. Do I have to go to the gym to get a body like this if I'm a skelly?

This is what I want. Do I have to go to the gym to get a body like this if I'm a skelly?

Attached: b8d181987110409f9771eb92f3f803f7.jpg (564x705, 44K)

No. You need core work and nothing else by the looks of it

He said skelly so he's currently probably around 150lbs so it would take at least 4 years of solid lifting to achieve this since you gain 3-5lbs of muscle mass in first year of training.

4 years? are u fucking high. this kid has like 0 muscle mass hes just skinny as shit

Take the neck pill they said, you'll look big they said

>Do I have to go to the gym to get a body like this
Take a wild guess user

Attached: 1518200443390s.jpg (105x125, 2K)

Attached: 7542C32E-2B7C-4597-87EA-E0F3BCD54013.jpg (1138x1004, 346K)

this.

1 year op, if you've never trained before. you could do this with calisthenics even.

>3-5lbs of muscle mass in first year of training
more like 2 lbs, and that is with a perfect routine and meal plan

And 5g creatine every day

Stop trolling dyels anons.
We were all smol once.

Attached: 1539975831677.jpg (493x443, 152K)

>150lbs

There are a lot of BS replies in this thread.

Look at pic related, I quickly made this to illustrate how that guy's "physique" entirely depends on having those deep "cuts" in his mid section. His veins also play a role in giving him the look you are looking for.

Now, if we take away his pretty boy face the one on the left already looks a little weird. But let's carry on.
You say you are already a skelly, but apparently you don't look like him. So everyone telling you you just have to be skinny is dumb. 99% of skinny guys don't have those abs. OP will probably look like the photoshopped pic on the right. Why is that? Well, there are a lot of factors. And it's not JUST bodyfat %. The first factor is genetics. Some people just have better muscle insertions. That skinny guy in the pic has those "popping" abs. The insertions are so good that he'll still have visible abs at a much higher bodyfat %. For some guys it's just "no abs showing" if they're untrained.
Another factor is that, despite being skinny, he might have played a sport or something else in his youth that has led to him having well developed abs for his size. Guys who run and sprint a lot (explosive movements mostly) tend to have good abs at a young age.

So, OP, if you have been a mostly sedentary person all your life, then you're probably going to have to put in some work to look like that. But: Don't expect to have the same muscle insertions and the same level of "definition" (I know, I hate that word) as him, because you might get disappointed later.

Attached: ba.jpg (885x497, 108K)

This. Manlet

What are you talking about? I gained 25lbs my first year.

this bait is like just a few months old and people still fall for it

big poo no wipe

Genes, kow body fat and calisthenics are enough for that body
And pic related

Attached: IMG_20180709_150742.jpg (2976x3968, 3.92M)

You apparently do manual labor, that doesn't count though. OP probably isn't physically active for most of his day.

Had that job for a month, so doubtful

Idk why people want to be ottermode. I’m ottermode and want to look like a monster. Should I do just strength training?

Attached: 221EF8D5-E559-45BB-877E-474ECE918145.jpg (800x1200, 123K)

You could, it's fun. bodybuilding will make you bigger though. Eat lots of course.

>bodybuilding will make you bigger though

You're clueless and probably haven't been lifting for more than a year.

What makes actual bodybuilders bigger is not the training style, it's the steroids.

Attached: readthestickypbf.png (810x993, 647K)

I’ve been doing proper hypertrophy and bodybuilding machine training and I haven’t gained anything other than noob gains. I think it would be better if I do strength and then just cut a little.

>bodybuilding machine training

Lol no sorry. Go lift some weights

I don't think you understand the parameters of strength training. Everything you do is done with the intention of improving a specific movement. If I need to increase my bench, and I'm struggling at the lockout, I could use a slingshot, or bands, or something else. everything you choose to incorporate is for the sole purpose of increasing your proficiency at that movement. If it's not, you either have goals that pretty much aren't specific enough, or you're a bodybuilder.

>but ironing that weak point out will make me bigger

It will, but there's other parameters that are bodybuilding specific that they need to pay attention to, other facets of athleticism. there's more to muscle than just strength, for example different fiber types for endurance training.

You probably do need more strength work, that is a part of bodybuilding.

He looks gross. Just don't eat for a year, let your body atrophy, and you'll look just like that.

>If I need to increase my bench, and I'm struggling at the lockout, I could use a slingshot, or bands, or something else

I am talking about raw strength training. No slingshot or other weird stuff equipped powerlifters use. See someone going from raw benching 1 plate to benching 3 plates. That's not something you only accomplish by getting more "effective" or becoming better at performing the movement. For such a huge strength increase you need to overcome physical barriers. The most important one is lack of muscle. In the process you will gain a lot of muscle. Much more than you will by isolating your pecs with flies or whatever else bodybuilders would suggest doing.

That’s why I started doing 5x5 with compounds. Can I mix them with 5x10 on accessory lifts on the same day? I can’t work out more than 3 days and my split is basically upper, lower, upper.

You don't know what slingshots/bands are/are used for, user..?

I think you misunderstood what I said... A lot.

Obviously you would still do regular bench in your program. A slingshot takes the load of *the bottom* of the movement. this way, you can use more weight, and the triceps will be under a much heavier load at the top portion. They will only be moving so much weight in that top portion, thus when they make strength gains in that portion, they no longer have that weak point.

This isnt about slingshots though, user. You could get the same effect or very similar by setting up a pin close to lockout and just doing the top portion. If you disagree, how would you propose training to work on your lift, if you always fail in a certain portion of it?

And many bodybuilders employ different ideologies. Yes, someone like phil heath might condone what you outlined, but look at ronnie coleman and tell me he *doesnt* do compound lifts? Obviously they are both on steroids, but the point of that is to prove that different methodologies are important in bodybuilding.

>most important one is lack of muscle
Yes, gaining mass is important. but that's only half of it. you make neurological adaptations to gain strength, as well. This is, for the most part, how people gain pound for pound strength. look into things like bulgarian periodisation and methods like greasing the groove - these are not intended for gaining muscle, and won't particularly. Only for strength.

It comes down to this, user. training *with the sole purpose* of gaining strength will gain you more strength, while training likewise for mass will gain you mass, by definition.

Of which 20 lbs is fat

If you can handle it, then probably. It depends though, user.

Routine pls

Attached: 604df3a.jpg (750x620, 54K)

I can handle it. Have done a full week of that, I just wonder if I’ll progress in muscle building.

Monster mode doesn't just require steroids.

It requires extremely high doses of steroids. It's the epitome of tryhard.

Nah bro I was just born big. Going to to the gym will only tone you.

so much effort for no (you)'s

Attached: 345354.jpg (292x173, 7K)

As long as you're tracking some kind of progress then you're doing fine, eg. weight or strength gain every weak/month.

If you can handle it ie. no joint pain etc, then more is pretty much more, it'll surely help you reach your goals.

I have seen progress in my bench press and squat and my weight has changed as well but nothing has grown as far as hypertrophy goes. I’ll give it time and see if it grows eventually.

Are you eating at a surplus? also how much of an improvement did you make/what timeframe are we talking?

Are you incorporating any volume work or just intensity stuff?

i gained 21lbs lean muscle mass and lost 9lbs of fat in the past 6 months.
granted, i had some wicked muscle memory gains

Well I’ve changed my routine this September, implemented the workout after a few weeks of work that month (I couldn’t literally go to the gym because of a couple of tasks) and I saw some progress in strength and weight (scale said 62-63 kgs in August, now it says 65 this month). I can’t say it’s muscle but I don’t look heavier in recent pictures. You may be surprised with the low weight I have but I was actually 49 kgs last year.
I also changed my diet, quit drinking shitty branded ice tea and replaced it with water and milk (which stopped me from going to the toilet every 40 minutes), I eat more carbs (lots of bread) and some healthy fats. I don’t really track my calories but I eat around 4 to 5 meals and if I eat one piece after them I might throw up (which actually happened once unfortunately).

>2000kcals a day max
>calisthenics only

Strength work (40-60 minutes)
Look up the progression to see which one you can do
4x a week

First Pair

3x5-8Pull-up progression

3x5-8Squat Progression

Second Pair

3x5-8Dip progression

3x5-8Hinge Progression

Third Pair

3x5-8Row Progression

3x5-8Push-up progression

Core Triplet

3x8-12Anti-Extension progression

3x8-12Anti-Rotation progression

3x8-12Extension progression

Attached: 1531041999566.jpg (612x534, 81K)

It sounds to me like you are making gains and pretty much doing the right thing but you can't really see it. You seem to be doing the right thing, at least somewhat, and you're gaining weight..

I'd definitely take a bunch of photos every so often so you can have before and after comparisons, that way you can be even more sure.

I can’t see a difference aside from a small increase in shoulder size, but it’s been literally 1 and a half month since I’ve been doing this workout routine.
I hope it benefits me.

good post, user. have a (you).

Attached: 48259794-F00C-4E21-A5A7-E13B98A1E8D7.jpg (415x415, 45K)

Great analysis mate

I have popping abs to but the downside is that they are so thick that my belly always looks bigger when I gained some weight or when I'm bloated after a big meal

>This is what I want. Do I have to go to the gym to get a body like this if I'm a skelly?

you don't need to but it would be the fastest way.

Love you user, 1 (you) for your efforts trying to educate us

dont forget to take the neckpill

If you stay natty this physique will take you many years. With roids, a couple months at most.

>150lbs
>skelly
I was on the verge of skinny fat at 135lbs.

Thanks meng

Time to start sprinting

Have fun with that