How much do these plates weigh after you subtract the hole in the middle...

How much do these plates weigh after you subtract the hole in the middle? Trying to figure out how much weight I'm able to squat.

Attached: OPG-045-OLY-GRAY-PLATE.jpg (1280x1280, 499K)

the hole is made from air and that doesnt weigh anything so its the same weight

>Murrican education
It is written on he plate

>He thinks air weighs nothing
Anyways, user, the hole is filled with a bar, so the weight is the same as written on the plate.
You do however have to subtract the difference from the weight of the bar

idiot. Didn't you learn volume in school? Take the volume of the plate, find the circumference of the hole and subtract it from the plate, then add the 45 lbs. and 20.4 kgs together to get the total weight, then subtract 45 lbs. to get the precise weight.

>just subtracting the hole
>completely ignoring all the blank space around the plate

Never gonna make it

>Common core math

what about the weight of your body when squatting?

Do we count our body weight when squatting?

The weight depends on the air density, and pressure, this is nothing new, i lift 700 lbs on mars.

You only count the weight of the top half of your body, since the legs aren't being lifted they're doing the work

16.5kg, they are made, that gym centers can make bumper plates from them (bumper coverage weights 3,9kg so 20.4 as is written), so written weight on those is not real only
unfortunately many gyms cheat and use them in raw form so dont be suprised if your lifts are actually lower than you think

Divide the weight difference between the two parts the center of gravity in your body

This

Real talk though you count the weight of your clothes and the ammount of hair you have right?

you know theres a reason why i pee and shit before lifting

Only true when you're squatting dumbbells.
If you're squatting dumbbells you halve the total weight, just like how when you curl 10kg that's kg each arm, not the total which is 20kg.

It depends a lot on your reletion to the equator and your distance to the sun. Good luck.

brainlets all of you

Attached: 5FE15460-76ED-42D5-8841-F9924CEC72FD-10440-00000C677415936C.jpg (1000x2500, 834K)

Distance from the center of the earth too.
Gravity is reduced the higher you get, so you need to factor that in to your total.
That's why Icelanders are so strong, they compete on top of mountains where gravity is weaker

>Falling for bait this blatant

Attached: 1536427850231.jpg (762x574, 30K)

The absolute state of brainlets in this thread. Put the plates on a calibrated scale and weight it, retards.

Attached: download (1).png (213x237, 8K)

what about the weight of the scale itself?

not to mention atmospheric pressure

My wife broke the scale, she said it was sexist and fatphobic

Im sticking to lifting underwater, nerds

One is about 18,1kg. So 1pl8 is about 18*2 = 36,2 minus the bar so roughly 16 kg.

Plus water content in the air that day. Water is very heavy.

Underrated.

>tfw bench is actually only 145
I must be even weaker than, since I'm basically lifting 50 lbs.

Weigh them underwater to get the most accurate measurement

Attached: Underwater weighing.jpg (1278x4993, 900K)

No no, the bar fills the hole and completes the forty five pounds. You have to subtract from the bar for each plate after the first, because the bar is only calibrated from one plate on each side. That amount is three pounds per plate after the first on each side, which is why 2.5 pound plates actually lighten the load after the first two. They're intended for use when you don't have a spotter.

On each segment it says 45 lbs/20.4 kg. There are 4 segments, so this plate is 180 lbs/81.6 kg.

Also keep in mind that foreign made bars and plates tend to be made of lighter steel than American made barbells

There are 8 segments + 1 if you look from top

they weigh about tree fiddy

i love you guys

If I'll ever get crazy rich I'll buy a set of weights from Turkmenistan.

Attached: 1541205300701.webm (854x480, 1.89M)

>counting the plate

Attached: 1521127480712.png (834x818, 156K)

>0kg squat

Attached: 1505929196942.png (691x653, 27K)

Based broscience poster

take the double integral from 0 to the diameter and from 0 to pi of the density • ds

>everyone ITT forgetting that you have to include distance from sea level in calculations

Attached: 1512677528902.png (1066x600, 276K)

Pic related
>tfw I see fags squatting 3pl8 in gyms 10 000 feet above sea level thinking they're good

Attached: Capture.jpg (612x95, 28K)

*brainmogs you*

kek

>put the plates on a calibrated scale and weight it, retards.
I always bring my scale to the gym to weight each plate before lifting, just to make sure I'm using the correct weights. is it autistic to do it? most people stare weirdly at me when I'm doing it and I once had a guy asking me what the fuck I was doing, I told him I needed to be sure how much I was lifting, he made some strange expression in his face and then left, now he never talks to me, is it normal? I read an article about how all the plates are not exactly the weight they are supposed to. shouldn't everyone be weighting all the plates? If I don't, I can't do my routine properly, I get extremely worried and feel intesnse anxiety, the same If I don't count everything I eat

Attached: 1514763170424.jpg (467x496, 35K)

Usually it adds up to around what the bar is. This is why you never count the bar

Stroke Poster Prime

Yes. Weigh your shins and feet(x). Subtract from (y) being the weight of the rest of your body . then once you finish the lift make sure to weigh the poo and pee next time you use toilet. Subtract any gas that comes out because hot air rises.

You gonna make it scaleanon

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The metal in bars is completely different from the metal in plates. That calculation won't work, unless they started releasing plates that account for the difference. I really doubt that the chinks forming pot metal into plates would ever go to that trouble.

>implying common core is ever right

I work on a factory producing plates. A plate with the middle not removed weighs 95 lbs, so the weight written on the plate is correct. To account for the hole missing you will thus have to substract 50 lbs per lift, meaning a plate is about -5 lbs.

>mfw DYELs near the equator think they're strong when actually they just have lower gravity
I can only DL 4pl8 up here on the arctic circle but visiting my cousin in Florida I pulled 460 lbs.

Attached: phos43.png (422x422, 149K)

based 3d calculus poster

Also the temperature of when the plate was made, and when you are lifting, and humidity too, change the weight. The more heath and humidity there is, the more the metal will expand and weight, being occupied by water and air molecules

Has anyone mentioned that you need to calculate the centripetal force generated by the earth's rotation yet? Because the earth spins around its axis, the farther you are from it (closer to the equator), the faster the surface of the earth is moving you, and the harder it's trying to fling you off into space against gravity.

If you want a TRUE 1RM, you have to set it at either the north or south pole.

>0kg squat

Attached: stock-photo-smiling-italian-chef-with-a-pizza-in-hand-263991329.jpg (300x470, 29K)

This

As well, what about the effects of relativity on the bar in motion?

We also have to remember to account for the nuclear decay of the steel

Fpbp
Underrated

This is the sort of shit meat eaters actually believe

45 lb/ 20.4 kg

Attached: Blank+_d46f0e068f24ced924befc5db7115e6d.jpg (1280x960, 221K)

based

Depends. Are you at sea level?

lost

The weight subtracted from the whole is equlivant to the weight of the clips. Therefore the weight is accurate so long as clippers are used when lifting assuming the bar, plate and clip are STANDARD.

Attached: 557942c4f0f0e767293aa35831c137c2.jpg (768x1024, 93K)

Wait, this is false, r-r-right fellas?

Nope. There's a reason why powerlifts have to check all the plates to make sure they're legit.

Ever notice when you go to a different gym your lifts are often off? Different weights.

Serious question, who here does NOT count the weight of the bar?

This thread is making me want to start tomorrow's chest/bicep day right now.
It's almost midnight anyway.

but what if you have multiple plates on the one side with only 1 clip, it doesn't add up.