Is bulking to make gains a meme...

Is bulking to make gains a meme? I’ve definitely been making gains but it feels like I’ve been also getting unnecessarily fat in the process

Attached: 7F5F6352-6505-43A2-8F27-A4F1224ED5E7.jpg (900x1200, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know OP do you think you can build muscle from thin air?

Honestly it’s all just bullshit that no one gets, it’s because natty lifters follow the advice of pro bodybuilders on gear that they read in articles or see in videos. Ideally you’d make the best gains as a natty eating 100-300 calories less than maintenance so long as 60% is protein. This ramps up your testosterone production and hgh a tad.

bulk and lift to PUT ON muscle
cut to SHOW OFF muscle

>you’d make the best gains as a natty eating 100-300 calories less than maintenance
>gains
>less than maintenance

Attached: 1529093334850.png (729x638, 154K)

That's what happens when you do something as nonsensical as calorie counting

Well you have to eat slightly more calories, but people exaggerate. Newbie lifters gain like 3-5lbs of muscle mass in first and maybe second year. When newbie gains are gained, you gain like 2 lbs of muscle mass in a year. I don't understand why some people think that if you'll eat more, you'll gain more muscle. Doesn't work like that. You'll just gain fat.

I clicked that picture because I thought it was a christmas tree and wanted to look at the tree to experience the warmth and sharing intentions of christmas and be reminded that our lord and saviour jesus christ is with us and wants all of us to make sick natty gains and live happily ever after. Obviously its just a thot hiding her face showing off her ass implants

Attached: 1538164626768.jpg (1024x792, 187K)

Bulking is a meme, you don't need to get fat to get muscle.

I thought it was 2-3lbs.

You cannot make gains in a caloric deficit. A bit over is better than a bit under. Sometimes this results in a bit of pudge. But if you maintain that same caloric intake and keep putting on muscle, eventually you will reach a point where that amount of calories is no longer a surplus, but necessary for maintenance.

If you do everything is done perfectly, 5lbs of muscle in a year is reasonable for a newbie lifter.

muscle building and fat loss are 2 separate processes. you certainly can

It causes a hormonal effect
No that makes you fat like OP. The body only uses so much nutrients so it’s better to lower carbs and up protein while being in a deficit. I benched 3pl8 with this protocol combined with sleep fasting for extra workouts

Most people can't build muscle and burn fat at the same time if they are not obese, retard.

most people dont know what they fuck they're doing

like you

>skank #464688645e^10
>men still find this attractive and still become lustful, despite having seen 464688645e^10 skanks equal or better before

Nofap really has ascended my mind to not only knowing the ongoing trickery of thots, but also to the overwhelming stupidity of Male nature

New lifters and young adults can actually burn fat and build muscle at the same time.
When you get closer to relatively normal fat distribution and your body has caught up with your NEAT and exercise protocol you're basically kind of finished with the honeymoon phase of that type of workout.

After that, you'll have to seriously consider cutting to lose excess fat mass(if you're on your game when it comes to exercise and food choices) or eating a bit more calories(few hundred) to build a bit more muscle over the long haul.

Of course you can't if you're a bitch natty. Enjoy your 2-3lbs of muscle gains in a year lmao

You've probably just broken your cock.

Post body.

>New lifters and young adults can actually burn fat and build muscle at the same time.

Extremely new ones can. Those guys can build muscle by doing push-ups and cycling alone. It stops after a very short while. Not something you can sustain for more than a few weeks. It is ludicrous to suggest that someone below 25-30% body fat eats at a maintenance or below if their goal is getting jacked.

I gained at least 17 in a span of 7-8 months, with a surgery in between, all the while being a turbomanlet.Maybe you can't if you are a roidcel with twink genes.

Why not?
If you lift enough to cause damage to your muscle fibers and then eat the suggested amount of protein but total cals are on or slightly below maintenance you body just decides that fuck it I'm not repairing this guy's muscles?

You have to be a man to understand how men work.
Go LARP on /s/ with the rest of the creepers.

lol

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

Boom

>Extremely new ones can. Those guys can build muscle by doing push-ups and cycling alone.
New as in 2-3 years if they train correctly.

>It stops after a very short while.
If they stop training and or don't push themselves yes.

>Not something you can sustain for more than a few weeks.
The fuck are you even saying?

>It is ludicrous to suggest that someone below 25-30% body fat eats at a maintenance or below if their goal is getting jacked.
It's ludicrous for you to speak about something you don't understand with such confidence.
Getting built fat AT BEST =/= getting jacked. It = getting fat and hoping that some of the mass is actual lean mass...which you'll lose if you go on a cut.

With the consistency and routines these dumbass run, sure

P ratios are almost never outside of 0-1. Unless you pin, of course

Advise you keep track of your body fat percentage so this doesn't happen again.
If you see it going up too much, cut calories down to maintenance and keep lifting.

Attached: 1535732884905.jpg (492x367, 16K)

Muscle gain comes from superadaptation. How much muscle is added depends on recovery conditions, including nutrition and yes, including calorie deficit or surplus. Body fat levels also affect this. Someone who is obese can easily burn fat and build muscle, less so under 10%bf. Depending on your hormonal levels, of course.

Did you even read it?
>40 young men
>"""in rough shape"""
>eat at a deficit and do NOTHING ELSE
It's literally fatty newb gains on a weight lifting program.

Calisthenics aren't worth much for muscle building. You would know this if you lifted.

>"These guys were in rough shape,

Nigger.

Horseshit. Only absolute DYELs will be able to burn fat and build muscle at the same time, unless they are obese. There are a few outliers to this, but this is how it works for most people. Which is literally why every retard who tries to "lean bulk" looks like a twink.

>Getting built fat AT BEST =/= getting jacked. It = getting fat and hoping that some of the mass is actual lean mass...which you'll lose if you go on a cut.

Ok lol.

Attached: 17.01.2018s.png (724x334, 300K)

>bulk/cut cycling
>not eating barely above maintenance year round and stacking muscle without becoming bloatlord

The problem here is that it is very hard to pin-point what is just right for you to gain muscle. Calculating the exact amount of calories you need to eat to be somewhat over maintenance is nearly impossible, because you don't really burn the same amount of calories every day, especially if you lift.

Pretty much this. You can prioritize staying lean or building muscle, but not both after you outgrow a beginner program.

A natural can do one of two things.
And this is the case across the fucking board you deluded retard.
Get big and kind of or very fat or get cut and smaller.
There is no middle ground you stupid bastard.

You'd know that if you didn't spend your time around gear heads and keep looking at the genetic wunderkinds and pretending they are the norm.

They actually are worth a lot for muscle building. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a gearhead/stupid strength lifter with piss poor genetics or has a gym membership to sell you.

>A natural can do one of two things.
>And this is the case across the fucking board you deluded retard.
>Get big and kind of or very fat or get cut and smaller.
>There is no middle ground you stupid bastard.
How do you explain this then >

You are a genelet who hangs out around other genelets and copes with his genelet status by claiming that everyone who is big and not obese is on roids. Pic I posted previously is me; that happened in a span of 7 months or so, and I gained very little fat while gaining loads of muscle. This is a friend and is the work of 5 months or so. If you don't do meme routines and don't eat like a pussy, you can build significant amounts of muscle and gain only moderate amounts of fat, unless you are a genetic dead end like yourself.

That is misleading. Absolute beginners can gain muscle by doing fuck all.

Attached: no.png (1768x704, 1.52M)

user, you're fucking retarded and the best part is that everyone except you fucking knows it.
You are a motherfucking NOOB FUCKING LIFTER who got mediocre at best gains almost anything you do will see you gain muscle and lose fat you retard.
Eat around maintenance and you'll see fucking body recomp with ease.

I said that.
Multiple times.

You will continue to dreamer bulk and pretend that your natty perfect genes will make it all into muscle.
You won't in less then 1.5 years you will just become a gigant fat sack of shit with piss poor lifts and not as much lean mass as you think you have.
That's reality bitch.

see:
>New as in 2-3 years if they train correctly.

Why do I feel it more in my back when I deadlift than in my hams?

You are out of your fucking mind if you think someone on the secon, third months of their linear progress can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Kill yourself retard.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO HORNY AND LONELY AHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT THAT ASS ON MY DICK IM Jow Forums BUT I STILL DONT GET COOHIE AHHHHHHHHH

>But still retain their muscle
>Retain
Reading is hard

Well, that's because you're a fucking retard who's doing SS or some other cope fucking loser program for genetic dead ends who aren't even decent enough to play pickup football/basketball like a man.

If you want to put on mass and cut fat then you can eat around maintenance and put in work in the gym or where you workout and up your NEAT.
That's how it is.

I reiterate.
ONCE YOUR BODY HAS CAUGHT UP WITH YOUR NEAT AND EXERCISE PROGRAM THE HONEYMOON PHASE IS OVER.
That you're too goddamned fucking stupid to understand that or are pushing the get fat as fuck and lift DA BEEG LEEFTS POORLY thing is none of my fucking concern.

>The higher-protein group experienced muscle gains -- about 2.5 pounds -- despite consuming insufficient energy,

reading is hard

user you can just admit you're gay

It takes months for what you call the honeymoon phase to be over. You can not eat at a maintenance and build muscle for months, even if you are a beginner, that is fucking absurd. And post body.

Is anyone in this thread speaking from experience? Im skinnyfat and ate at maintenance with high protein for a year and made no gains. Just started a real bulk, sick of being dyel.

>It takes months for what you call the honeymoon phase to be over. You can not eat at a maintenance and build muscle for months, even if you are a beginner, that is fucking absurd. And post body.

You litterally can.
If you are overweight and eat around maintenance and are a new lifter or are completely untrained you can put on mass and drop fat for well over a year.
No that fat ass and gut you gained from eating 5k of calories when your neat puts you at around 2k is not muscle.

Literally nobody will tell you to eat at a maintenance during your linear gains if you want to build muscle from experience, because no one has a specific experience of violating the laws of physics.

Literally kill yourself. First post body though.

>110 lbs skeleton
>eat a 200-300 deficit cuz user said bulking was a meme
>fucking swole 200lbs 4plates bench 1 year later
>fuck science

thanks Jow Forums

Attached: 1515658066493.jpg (480x452, 18K)

>linear gains
user, as long as you're getting linear gains you're a fucking noob lifter.
Meaning, that you can still put on mass and lose weight if you approach it correctly.
But you don't understand that.
Why?
Because your entire assertion and understanding of the situation comes from the shit tier powerlifting fucktard angle.
Has nothing to do with gaining mass and dropping weight.
It's all about putting on as much weight as possible no matter if it's muscle or fat and lifting as much weight as possible.

You can't even fully comprehend what we're discussing and are arguing from a position of wilful ignorance.

I just eat when I'm hungry. Fucking weird thing is the more intense and heavier my workout is the more I eat. I've been making good gains so far and havent gained any fat

>3-5lbs IN A YEAR
Imagine being this bluepilled

>very little fat while gaining loads of muscle.
Where?

Pulling the protein you eat apart and putting it back together in your muscles requires energy.

I've been afraid to get fatter than I am so I've "maintained" my weight over the past year, which has led to my strength going down, feeling depressed, and losing interest in the gym due to lack of progress.

I've started to ramp up my calories dramatically just to see if I'm still capable of putting on weight

Can't you just do a 300-500 bulk and cut when you get too chunky?

This will make you fatter in the long run and you'll end up losing muscle and strength once you cut.

how can we destroy these bots? Jow Forums is getting rekt even from skynet, while I have to fill 10 pages of fucking catchpa

post body

you need to eat above maintenance, I was this kid who thought that I shouldnt eat more as I am skinnifat and shouldnt eat less as I want to gain muscle and after year of lifting for hyperthrophy I looked almost the same

based sentimental poster

3-5lbs first year? i got like 20lbs my first year

yeah but only about 3 lbs were muscle, the rest were fat

no you are just a low t beta that cant gain muscle

Post body.

Attached: df2799d473f867227b42dd345b9c7491.png (516x686, 601K)

Just admit that you would chase anything with a hole you fucking monkey.

They're not implants, she's just doing that stupid instathot Kardashian lordosis pose that they all do

Haha faggot

Not true, I've made good gains the fast few months while slowly losing fat

You feel it in the weaker muscle groups first, in my experience.

>noob wannabe powerlifter who's not even lifted for a full fucking year who thinks that getting fat as fuck will make them magically get stronger

Okay.
Have fun with that bullshit.

Why the fuck is there never a definitive answer for anything ever

>eating 100-300 calories less than maintenance

jfc