Literally "reddit" the exercise

Attached: e5e5c6e12cd7da5aca037cef9fd39d73.png (640x640, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rohitnair.net/pp/
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Squats

Literally "Jow Forums" the exercise

Attached: Fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger.jpg (425x358, 22K)

Seriously. Le king of le exercises my good sir!

What does the program contain?

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises

So compounds with additional isolations twice a week?

Any experienced lifters out there that want to critique the program?

Advanced intermediate here. Its gay reddit shit.

Attached: 20180918_164153.jpg (1809x2302, 2.24M)

looks bad lol

Attached: 1511980490695.jpg (992x975, 113K)

Y tho

Why do they always say "8-12", be fucking certain about your shit

Kek

I fell for the meme and did PPL as a novice

5'6 125 lbs, lifts stalled at 170 1x3 bench, 195 1x5 back squat, 255 1x5 deadlift, 105 1x5 ohp. Ate 4000 calories a day, slept 10 hours a night, and couldn't get stronger. PPLPPLx

Switched to Madcow 5x5 2 weeks ago and feeling much better

I stalled on Reg Park 5x5 beginner program so I switched to reddit ppl. I just couldn't keep stalling on bench

that's how it works. you start with low volume and increase after stalling (if everything else is right).

Attached: pep.jpg (251x242, 15K)

yeah i run this program and haven't had great progress. stalled at
100 lbs ohp
150 lbs bench
210 squat
245 dl

i like going to the gym every day, and my arms/shoulders are looking a lot better than when i was focused on compounds, but i'm not really getting a lot stronger.

PPL is not a strength building program, it's more for aesthetics
they created this program because SS and similar programs focus on strength when "dudes just want the looks to bang chicks"

if you have energy go 12. if not, go 8
i switched to my own ppl after ~1.5 yrs and i've made good aesthetic and strength gains on it
OHP 145x5
B 230x5
S 290x5
DL 320x3
(took a break from S/DLs for a while because i had some back issues)

i like the high volume and the mix of accessories and compounds

Too many accessories for a beginner imo. A noob should be building a solid strength base, not piecing together their muscles like Frankenstein's monster.
Also 8-12 reps seems pretty high, and idk why there's a range - if you're struggling you decrease the weight, not change the rep numbers.

you pick a weight you can do 8 reps with
next time you do that exercise you do 9
work up to 12
increase weight at 12 and start at 8 again

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this program besides you hearing about it from reddit. Quit being tribalist contrarian faggots.

>if you have energy go 12. if not, go 8
With the same weight? Just because "I don't feel like it"?

PPL never was a strength program. It's a hyperthrophy / aesthetics program.
Your arms / shoulders are looking a lot better. That's the point of a hypertrophy program.

I did it because this board told me SS was a meme and I couldn't make gains on bench. My left arm had some very weal accessory muscles for the bench. So tricep and shoulder work make logical sense to incorporate. Hence, PPL

Attached: sip.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

Ok what's do I do if I just want to be big and strong?

Get off of this board and never come back

Get out of your mum's bedroom, and tell the slut to tidy up!

what the fuck are you cunts talking about
PPL is god tier for gains
gets you moving every day
room for 1 heavy compound every time you train

truly based

Interesting. I crafted my post to elicit exactly this kind of response.... and you fell for it, full stop. Like a puppet on a string

go until you're exhausted. if you can do way more than 12, up the weight

Based sociopathic manipulator poster.

Uh oh friend, you got btfo

First set you can probably do 12, by set 3 you may only hit 8 or 9.

You got wrecked, Tim

Ahahaha

This was hilarious. The other guy really fucked up I guess lol. I've never seen someone get trolled like that!

Basedddddddddd

You really embarrassed yourself by getting played

>deloading
not gonna make it

oh no no no no

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm doing a variation of this:

Push:
Bench: 3x5
OHP: 3x5
Incline dumbbell press: 3x8
Tricep pushdown: 3x8
Tricep dumbbell extension: 3x8

Pull:
Weighted Pull up: 3x5
Weighted chin up: 3x5
Deadlift 1x5/Row 3x5
Hammer curl 3x8
Face pull 3x8
EZ curl 4x8

Leg:
Squat 3x5
Leg press 3x8
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Calf raise 3x8

PPLPPLx
Thoughts?

if you can't see for yourself why this is trash then you should not be creating your own routines

this program looks great according to what i learned from mark rip

deadlift, squat, bench, ohp are put front and center, everything else follows.

the accessory work is done with enough volume to build size according to the 8-12=size broscience.

i wish i had done this.

Post body and routine or fuck off.
Oh wait you won't because you don't know what you're talking about
"

Well what's wrong with it then, I was following this logic , basically just starting strength but I like doing weighted pull ups so I added that in as a compound, then some accessories.

waste of time. Far too many assecories, not enough frequency on the compound lifts.
I could see this working for your 1st 1-6 months, but after that any progress will be minimal.
You probably won't be able to bench 2plates after running this.

This is primarily for those on gear. I could see it doing wonders for them.

The issues is that your body doesn't operate in divisions. It works as one unit. Your legs and back effectively are one. In squats your back/legs is worked, in deadlifts your back/legs is worked

Its too much, you won't recover. And you won't adapt, its extremely inefficient.

Also if your actually strong, each workout will take like 2 hours. your going to be spending 12 hours a week at the gym.

I go to the gym 4 days a week and spend maybe 5 hours a week there. I can bench 300, and deadlift 475.

When i did PPLs, I stalled like 3 months after doing it. it DOESNT make you more "aesethic", nor will it add more muscle than say, putting 100lbs on your total.

You don't need to isolate every muscle group. From my experience, its a waste of time if your a natural.

I would cut it down to 4-5 days a week. And do upper lower or LEGS and PUSH one day and LEGS and PULL the other, With your leg being just a squat variation, and doing ONE pushing movement, and ONE pulling movement (deadlift) on those days, with face pull, and hammer curls for elbow pain/rear delts. You could also just add lateral raises, but bench pretty much makes massive shoulders. If you really wanted you could add either rows OR chins OR power cleans. Choose one. You could add ohp, but I think its excessive/unnecessary and takes away from bench/overall recovery

Shit program for beginners, not so shit for advanced beginners but still shit.
Not enough time spent deadlifting or squatting so you're leaving gains on the table, you don't need two variations of curls, deads should go under legs and not pull, you shouldn't be doing 5x5s as a beginner for optimal gains, you don't need to be doing 180 fucking reps of lateral raises a week, you don't need to be doing 242 fucking reps that are going to tax your triceps, you don't need to be doing over 300 fucking reps for your shoulder, you don't need to be doing leg press unless your quads are weak as hell, you need some lower back and hip work.
It'll still get you out of beginner mode but it'll take a bit longer to squeeze out all the gains.

Ignore him. Try it and see how you respond.

I was on this program for 1.5 years, it's pretty good, hits all the areas you want, got decent gains.

I say 5 days, because you can squat and bench 3 days a week. I would take the deadlifts (pull) lower frequency 1-2x per week.

waste of time. You'll stall early and you won't recover. Get out of the mindset of hitting every single muscle from every variation,

For me, like I said i can bench 300 and deadlift 475 (conventional) at 185lbs bw. It would take me easily 2+ hours for each day, if I'm really pushing it.I guess if you have the time/are eating 6000+cals a day, go for it, but Its really inefficient and will hinder progress beyond 3 months

Noobs grow on anything.
Strength gains are primarily neuro adaptations and maximizing what you already have.
Any mass gained from just pure linear progression with no actual attempt at maximizing mass is, to be honest, accidental.

Not focusing completely on compounds means nothing unless you want to only do compounds and get fuck off huge legs and terrible muscle distribution and imbalances.

This, I've been running a PPL (not the reddit one) for a year and made solid strength and aesthetic gains.

>clearly doesn't lift
ignore this person. Has no idea what they are talking about. If your benching and doing deadlifts/facepulls/hammer curls, you going to have a proportional upper body.

>"terrible muscle distribution and imbalances"
what? You have no idea what you are talking about. Squats work your legs/hips/core. Deadlifts work your forearms, lats, traps, hips, core. Bench works your shoulders, triceps and chest. Face pulls work your rear delts, lateral delts, lower traps. Hammer curls work your biceps.
There really aren't any imbalances I see.

also lol if you think tricep pushdowns and bw dips are going to do any thing for tricep size beyond getting your bench from 135 to 315lbs

>not enough frequency on the compound lifts
This is a meme, you can progress on compounds lifting heavy at 5x3.

the program is designed around adhd/add retards who wants all the stuff for none of the work. you are not supposed to work hard and focus intensly on your lifts. this is for idiots who want to run around planet fitness and do it all, while doing nothing. a little bit of this, a little bit of that, no weight no recovery needed.

and yes, it will work while on gear, but so will masturbating in the shower while juicing

you are putting exercises on the same day that he has on alternating days, so it's a shit translation of SS if that was your goal.
just follow reddit's PPL if you want to do a split routine, it's actually not terrible

>you don't need two variations of curls
I bet you look very aesthetic.

m'lord janoy?

Hey I run reddit ppl and dont have adhd and I take compounds seriously, but how did you know I go to planet fitness.

Is this attainable natty?

>taking compounds seriously
>3 sets of norep squats
>1 set of deadlift
>military press right after benching

you are almost as much of a joke as your muscles

Well at least I'm not fucking rude. And I mean that.

Bump. Should I do reddit ppl? It seems pretty good, but I can never tell with the memers on here. Then again, I still can't get a straight answer about SS, so maybe fuck Jow Forums?

Attached: 1540589345061.png (496x360, 23K)

THIS ROUTINE IS LITERALLY IN THE STICKY BEFORE ANY OF YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT IT

Its a routine from the “Program Picker”

rohitnair.net/pp/

this looks a lot like my routine just lower volume and gayer
also i never go on reddit
how did that happen

if you can complete 12rep on each set, then bump the weight.
if you can't complete 8rep on each set, then lower the weight.

>doesn't do 2x15 calf raises every workout
Into the trash

>his dick doesn't hang loose into his briefs
never gonna make it

>upper back on only a third of your training days
>in the gym 6 times a week while only doing each primary movement twice
>majority of workload is accessories, there arent even any variations of main lifts except for the rdl.
>deadlifting a heavy amrap set a day after high intensity squats, romanian deadlifts and other leg fluff
complete dog shit.

>just follow reddit's PPL
that's what I did, except I added in weighted pullups and removed the supersets, and instead of 5x5 it's 3x5

People post great success stories on this routine, so... looks like you're wrong

:shrug:

I'm a literal noob, what should I follow?

Reg Park Beginner 5x5 is the non-meme answer. SS and the others are memey shit.

SS
i didnt say people wouldnt make progress, i was just saying it was a suboptimal program. beginners can make progress on anything. doing this would just mean they gain less strength, size and have a higher injury risk than most other programs.

I think it's good for an advanced beginner who isn't making progress or who is bored with SS after a few months.

You can't literally do SS for a year. You just can't. And you aren't ready for intermediate after a few months. This is perfect for that time.

Not that user but how is Ice Cream Fitness?

Thanks, I pray for your gains.

Forgot to ask, should I do cardio before or after that?

I'm a literal noob and I've been following this

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

It's super super simple so my peanut brain can remember everything

Attached: 1538936354474.png (564x470, 613K)

kek, need sauce

based pumpkin dick poster

What is your definition of hang loose? It's clearly there, hanging....

>tfw did PPL for past three months

I agree that gains were sub par. Where do u go from here? PHUL?

Attached: 1540816548366.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

19 inch arms and I only curl twice a week, granted if I was leaner it'd be probably be 18

way too much non-main lifts for beginner and intermediate lifter.

God, whenever someone tells you that they are doing "PPL"(essentially a split), you know they are some Reddit fuckin queer who is here because of the redpill bullshit.

SS is designed to bring you to the intermediate level as fast as possible. If you're not at the intermediate level after about a half year of following it you're doing something wrong or you're fucked genetically. Every week you're adding 15lbs to the squat, 15 to the deadlift and 7.5 to bench and ohp. In a month you add 60, 60 and 30. You are very quickly going to be putting all your effort into completing these sets. Starting with the bar means you'll probably be around advanced beginner at about month 4, I use approximations because everyone is different but these approximations are valid for most people. From advanced beginner you add in deloads and other exercises and ride that wave out until you can no longer gain from day to day, at which point you are no longer a beginner and must transition over to an intermediate style of training to make optimal gains.

Absolutely shit program for a beginner, why in the fuck are they having beginners in there 6 days a week doing retarded accessories? You can literally add tons of strength and muscle in your first six months doing heavy compounds, and 6 days a week is far too often for someone just starting out.

The routine literally reeks of reddit, they have zero experience training themselves, let alone others, but they watch that numale Greg Knuckols repeat "muh volume drives hypertrophy" over and over and they think that they're smarter than guys like Rippetoe because of it.

this

Look at Jason Blaha and his mental state and you will figure out what it is

>Jow Forumsizens criticizing overuse of squats meanwhile in the same thread someone is shilling SS
preddy funny

>intermediate
>advance
>beginner
these dont exist. your training age doesnt dictate what program you can or cant run. Its just programs that work and programs that dont work. cut out the middle man and make your own program using emergent strategies

who are you quoting? why should people have a hive mind about what program to run

I was doing this when I started and I had multiple plateaus on the squat, bench & deadlift at some point.
The r/fitness wiki actually says to drop this program after 3 months and switch to GSLP. It's probably fine to run it until that point.

You can actually tell how shitty r/fitness is when you realize that this beginner PPL has more volume than the programs they recommend you start after that.

Fuck off. This sub literally can't even agree on a good beginner routine, including those in the fucking sticky.