How do we fix the obesity epidemic?

How do we fix the obesity epidemic?

Proposal: Remove cartoon/bright color labeling from foods with high sugar and/or added sugar contents, especially those aimed at children, like pic related

Attached: cereal aisle proposal.jpg (2100x825, 880K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828689/),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck of statist scum

Why would you want to make competition harder for yourself?

why just remove the labeling, why not remove the product entirely?

and you have no chance at changing any of this unless you have Rothschild money to buy every corporation and the government in your country of choice

make people pay for their own healthcare insurance, and that way its their choice if they eat a ton of sugar or smoke a shit load.

But it shouldnt be my responsibility to pay for people who make bad choices.

I love the idea of putting labels comparable to the smoking labels you see in Canada and other countries. But i'm doubtful that will ever happen.

It'd definitely shame parents that buy this shit for there kids doing mental gymnastics that it is "healthy"

Adults should still be able to buy poison for themselves, but the colorful cartoons are targeting children, who need to be protected.

Attached: cereal boxes in chile.jpg (650x1501, 489K)

>children have money to buy products

t. never been around a small child

They are incessant when it comes to nagging their parents for foods that are advertised to them or that have their "friends" (cartoon characters) on them. Children are one of the biggest influences when it comes to food choice, often overriding even what the parents want.

so you don't know how to raise kids, what's your point?

>don't know how to raise kids
If you knew anything about raising kids or the advertisement industry's impact, you would know that parents can have SOME impact on their food choices/preferences, but it's much less than you would think.

based

they legit don't realise a lot of cereals are unhealthy

Attached: yhqh9r12vov11.png (576x768, 266K)

Less people would have health insurance. They would let things fester until they get terrible, at which point they would show up at the emergency rooms.

Hospitals which take Medicare are required to treat all patients with life threatening issues regardless of ability to pay.

So health care costs would go up (due to uncollected bills/costs) for the rest of us. Either way, we get fucked.

Let obesity be a form of passive eugenics. Don’t extend limitless welfare and healthcare to people too stupid and lazy to take care of themselves

so we should just kill them?

Ideally, yet. GL passing a law that allows the extermination of the obese.

or alternatively we could continue to extend healthcare to the entire population but provide warnings, restrictions or bans on most high sugar products

healthy people should pay less in insurance. but then you run into the problem of the subjectivity of "health"

kids are so fucking stupid. they pick up any colorful think in the grocery that catches their eye. it's the same reason why a fish tries to bite a hook with a worm on it. they are being psychologically manipulated to convince their parents to pay money to poison their own children. parents are also propagandized to believe that it is not poison. it is evil

Fat camps should be mandatory, and fat taxes should be a thing like in Japan.

fuck off commie

Ok, let me adjust my original post.

We should pass a law preventing people on Welfare from spending our money on sugary crap that will eventually make them even more of a burden on the taxpaying portion of our society.

If we are paying for their food... we should have a say in what they eat.

I haven't read any posts in this thread but it's simple. Stop telling people to eat carbs.

and what about the wealthy fat people? theyre not a problem - they have their own health insurance.

Are all cereals unhealthy or are some actually good for you?

>They are incessant when it comes to nagging their parents
Reward good behavior, punish bad behavior. This is human psychology 101. If you keep giving in to a child's tantrums, he learns throwing a tantrum gets him what he wants.

Sugar is in 75% of all food in a supermarket. Get rid of it.

Serious answer: teach calorie counting, at least ballparking it, in schools.

People need to be conscious of how much they are eating, calorically. Traditional fitness methods no longer work; high calorie food is too abundant, and humans are too bad at accurately judging energy balance. There are people who legitimately think muffins and granola are health foods.

The only solution is making people aware of how much they are eating and exactly how it affects them. Calorie counts on food are a start, but they mean nothing if people turn a blind eye to them. We need to make kids aware of the differences between healthy and unsustainable diets from a young age. Restricting foods won't work, but letting people know how much unhealthy food their metabolisms can deal with would be more effective.

you can't as long as we have capitalism. companies have figured out how to feed off human desires... it's only natural they push sugary bullshit as food

Yeah, raising awareness and teaching children to read packages and count calories is a good idea. I'm not going to pretend I'm perfectly in shape, but simply counting calories made dieting easy without giving me the impression I was "punishing" myself.

This. If you ban high fructose corn syrup, companies will use sugar. If you ban sugar, they'll use something else. They'll find a way to sell their products.

The only way to change this is not to have a heavy handed government intervention, but by having a consumer base that not only demands healthier food but is willing to pay (more) for it. The reality is that most people don't care what they shove down their throats as long as it tastes good. That's what there's demand for, so the market supplies it. Pure and simple.

Increase education on proper nutrition while taxing higher on the unhealthy shit. The taxing won't lower the obesity rate (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828689/), but at least the fat hambeasts will be more likely to pay more into the system instead of leaching on the healthy people making the right choices and making them unhealthier due to the stress.

Oats are a cereal grain. I'll let you figure it out

make healthy food taste good

why do you think coke zero works in clinical trials?

>The taxing won't lower the obesity rate (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828689/), but at least the fat hambeasts will be more likely to pay more into the system instead of leaching on the healthy people making the right choices and making them unhealthier due to the stress.
This. I don't care what people do as long as they don't harm others. Increasing their health costs by overstretching the system due to entirely preventable causes is harming others (their wallets) though, so they might as well pay extra into the system.

Either that, or insurance companies should be allowed to charge higher fees for fatties (I pity the faggots in countries with socialized health care).

>make healthy food taste good
Bitch, are you implying salmon doesn't taste good? Are you implying lettuce doesn't taste great with just lemon juice, pepper and salt? Are you implying boiled potatoes don't taste good?

There, a fucking delicious meal even a kid could prepare. It has vitamins, it has fibers, it has protein, it has fat, it has omega-3. What more do you want?

Based, rules of nature, baybee

>sugar is in all the food
>it's almost impossible to find food without added sugar
>check ketchup
>it has sugar
>check canned tuna
>it has sugar
>check bags of flour
>it has sugar
Get rid of the sucrose jew.

>wanting your society to be full of sick people not achieving their potential
If everyone is healthier, everyone benefits. What if some obese person was the next Einstein but never got started because their brain was fucked from a sedentary live without proper nutrition?

That's where giving them a fucking smack comes in.

>canned tuna
You don't know how to fish? A decent, cheap fishing pole costs $20. A fishing license here is $10/yr. You are limited to 6 catches per day. Bait is cheap.

>bags of flour
You can buy grains in bulk and grinf them down yourself. It saves you a shitton of money in the long run.

Chile does this. All food packaging has stars indicating what bad things the food is high in on the front. People on their equivalent of food stamps aren't allowed to buy anything with more than two stars.

>Get rid of the sucrose jew.
That won't change until there's sufficient demand. For a company to voluntarily stop adding sugar is a big risk, as it means potentially losing out on customers (due to the product being less addicting). However this is compensated for if the demand for healthier alternatives is big enough.

Vote with your wallet. For now you need to go to specialized health shops or to big supermarkets and seek out their health products, but if the demand is big enough it'll become mainstream. Hell, look at the fact that almost every supermarket now offers biological products next to their ordinary products. That's because the demand for biological products is high enough to make selling them sustainable: enough people are willing to pay a bit extra for meat or eggs from ethically raised animals.

Sugar is bad for you. That's all there is to the matter.

>You don't know how to fish?
Not him, but most people are too busy with their day jobs and/or don't live near a good fishing spot. That's why division of labor existed in the first place: fishers fished so everyone else had their hands free to do other things.

>form of "mother of god" argument
A person is significantly more likely to be the next Ted Bundy, Elliott Rodger, Charles Manson, etc. Odds suggest they'll just be another NPC. There are others who are smarter because they not only got educated, but lived it yo their potential.

If there's anything that I learned in uni public health courses...we don't.

There are legal obligations involved in the U.S. regarding providing emergency care. A lot of this comes back to that