5 reps for strength

>5 reps for strength
>8-12 reps for aesthetics
>do heavy bench 3x5 for strength
>after do incline dumbell press 3x12 for aesthetics
>get strong and aesthetic

Who here /smart/?

Attached: shredding.jpg (1500x1500, 391K)

Was gonna do this not sure if it worked tho

me. i do heavy shoulders and light chest on a monday for instance, and then heavy chest and light shoulders on Thursday. same thing with different parts of back.
always barbell for heavy and dumbell/cables for light.
its been working out well.

NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT IN THE HISTORY OF LIFTING

When you stall you could swap to

>heavy incline dumbell 3x5 for strength
>after do bench press 3x12 for aesthetics

very reductionist way of looking at programming but why make it harder than it needs to be.

inb4 heavy incline db has a high injury risk.
heavy flat bench is responsible for 9/10 pec tears

It's almost true, ironically

>inb4 heavy incline db has a high injury risk.
>heavy flat bench is responsible for 9/10 pec tears

t. sourcelet

No need to thank me

Attached: 066.jpg (680x598, 43K)

> start out with heavy incline 8-10 reps
> go to flat bench 15-20 reps for chest width

At the end of the day flys do the most damage for me. Miss me with that rotator cuff tear

Reminder that 6-7 reps is ineffective and a waste of time

NON NEGOTIABLE

that is the best option for natties, and not uncommon.
1 strenght exercise and 1~2 isolation exercises per muscle groups.
For instance
>3x5 bb bench press
>3x8~12 db bench press
>3x8~12 db/cable fly
as long as you keep putting on weight on the strenght focused exercises and keep adding intensity, weight or reps on the hipertrophy focused exercises you will progress.

Strenght is important for natties but it is not the be-all-end-all, neither is being a weak faggot

It doesn't work like that.

Let's say you take the EXACT same combination and total volume of exercises, but one person does them as full body workouts the other person does them in a split. So 5x5 on all the big compounds and variations, 3x8-12 on a good selection of isolations across the whole body. Same total number of reps each week.

The person doing them as full body workouts will get strong and fat, the person doing them in a split will get shredded and become a j00cy 'stheticsbruh chad. ROUTINE is everything.

wrong

I understood that reference

Very smart why hasn't anyone else thought of this?

>superset heavy bb rows with lat pulldowns
>superset heavy squats with leg extensions
>superset heavy bench with db flyes
>superset heavy curls with more curls

>who here /smart?
Not op

>do 1 pound curl 50x100
>Instantly become jacked
I’m a genius

Attached: 325F4C17-44F2-400B-AEAD-3F02262C4D67.jpg (1051x791, 118K)

brainlet here,
is lifting for muscle endurance even a thing? I mean bigger muscles allow me to for example hold a certain weight for a longer period of time than smaller muscles, but can I exercise muscles in a way that doesn't make them bigger but still gain endurance (I mean I know it's smaller weights more reps but does it REALLY work?) and if it does could someone explain what happens to the muscles after working out like in this manner for a while that even though they have the same mass they acquire greater endurance?

i think it's been working for me

Attached: nov1.jpg (750x584, 101K)

>1RM max rep to start the workout for strength
>20-50 rep sets for hypertrophy after max set

this is smart

you can see the creatine

Heh

>keep adding intensity, weight or reps
Are not intensity and weight the same thing. Or do you lift it extra fast and hard, like how after hard-pounding a girl you would say wow that shit was intense?

Muscular endurance is definitely a thing, and it can be trained. You'll get bigger muscles to a degree doing "endurance" training as well, which is why some programs include that sort of training even when the ultimate goal is strength. Overall if you can do, say 225x25 on the bench press, your max on that lift is a lot higher than 225. That holds even if you never lift weight above 225 while training, although obviously if you wanted to max your bench press you'd do plenty of lower rep higher weight sets. Hopefully this is making sense.

it's what i've been doing for ages, and i've been making incredible gains.
here's a hint: gains are a result of recovery after muscle breakdown.
High volume + heavy weight = maximum muscle breakdown.
Couple that with adequate recovery, and you'll be making the absolute maximal amount of gains possible.
Simple.

Example: 5x3 bb bench + 4x12 db bench + 8x12 tricep pulldowns = peak gains (all work sets must be done with genuinely heavy weight, but still pertain to good form)

that's literally all I do, once a week, and my bench improved from 235lbs to 295lbs in about 4.5 months

It works incredibly well.

I might even make a program and spread it around to help people who are unable to discover the basis of proper training for themselves.

>there are unironically people who don't deload by 20% and then AMRAP after finishing their heavy compound lifts
Degenerate.

Because PHUL does that but more efficiently

If you ever really lifted for strength you know 5 rep scheme is more rep work than anything, much more in the hypertrophy spectrum than in the strength, it is just a nice blend. If you want to look aesthetic and lift a somewhat heavy weight just do 5x5 frequently 3-5x week, if you program correctly, the volume will add up overtime, that is, if you don't mind only doing compounds and don't need to boost your ego doing 3-5 isolations by muscle group on a split.

The P.H.U.L program does it on strength days sooo

it's not the rep number but total volume that dictates the muscle growth and lifting close to failure(1-3 reps in reserve depending on what exercise you on, I do 1 for compounds and 2-3 for facepulls for eg)

3x8 is 24 reps and 4x6 is 24 reps
you can even make gains doing retarded shit like 50 reps as long as you're close to failure

>literally described PPL/PPLPLLx
alright dude

How do i avoid pec tears? They seem to come out of no where. Other tears seem pretty easy to avoid. In bicep tear compilations, its usually due to retarded cheat curls or mixed grip. However it seems that pec tears can happen even with solid bench form

so you just do 3 or 4 daybodypart split where you start heavy and thats it? what about frequency? everyone here says 2 times per week minimum.

4x7 compound followed by 4x11 different variation.

You're all fucking dumb. I've literally only done 5x5 for 4 years and can bench 3 pl8 and have a huge chest.

Literally the only things that matter is diet and genetics. Everything else is a meme.

Can I combine 5x5 on compounds and 5x10 on accessory lifts?

Then post it so we can laugh

As far as I am informed, pec tears are almost exclusive to roiders. You will never reach the point of straining your pecs so much that they'll eventually tear, without roids. Until then your muscles and ligaments/tendons will grow and get stronger in a proportional manner, as opposed to roiders who get muscle gains real quick while their tendons and ligaments adapt at a much slower rate.

Plus, having a normal healthy stretchable, moveable chest muscle is also a major help. Pec tears also result from people half repping and then having to over-stretch under a heavy load, which can't be supported by their muscle.

Attached: eggem.jpg (177x184, 9K)

do people actually not do this??? Ive always done it without thinking