How the fuck do you lift for any extended period of time?

How the fuck do you lift for any extended period of time?
It's so boring. Literally nothing but a slightly to decently unpleasant feeling.

Attached: 1540076100491.png (318x159, 7K)

I enjoy the pain

You it to see your body improve

I can't convince my monkey brain it ever will

You're not lifting heavy enough. You should be pushing yourself so much and so gassed out that you dread starting the lift and ecstatic when you finish it.

Attached: a toast to kultur.jpg (1200x1560, 512K)

Just listen to music/comedy while lifting

i had no idea that people had this perspective on lifting

>he doesn't get a high from working out
never gonna make it never gonna make it never

Maybe it's not for you. Try climbing, or running, or biking or hiking or any of the many options. There are dozens of ways to make it user.

This

Sorry to say OP but I don't think you're going to make it. I thoroughly enjoy lifting, it takes a decent amount of self control for me not to lift on rest days. Pretty sure most guys who are getting decent progress enjoy the actual process of lifting and not just the results.

I only lift to get that very high feeling after a heavy set

I start to see stars, time goes in slow motion, my vision goes into tunnel vision, high pitched ringing in my ears, and it feels like im going to pass out, I live for that moment in the gym

had it yesterday doing power cleans lol

In doing front squats, curls and be changed pressed mainly. The heaviest is the bench but I'm scared shitless of not being able to get it back up after about 15. And the others my muscles just get tired and tell me to stop. It's not even really pain it's just suddenly an intense feeling of wanting to stop which gets more and more intense until I do.

Lift more, eat more, and then you’ll enjoy lifting

Do a consistent routine like SS. Don't focus as much on your body's aesthetic gains because you'll feel like you're imagining it. But when I raised my deadlift PR, by 20 pounds in 4 days, it definitely felt real.

you don't have to make lifting your life lad
lifting for an hour or two really isn't that bad

I get an incredible high off lifting. It’s amazing.

I honestly think i've become addicted to DOMS

when i lift everything after in the day is like background noise, it is my favourite thing in life, nothing even comes close, i will lift until the wheels fall off

i think it has to do with personality type when it comes to this stuff. some people are able to focus on their senses and not "think" and we struggle with that. i don't even mean that in a "haha these brainlets aren't capable of thinking" way, i mean it in a "haha i wish i could get out of my head and fully focus on what my body is experiencing" way.
you have to convince your inner autist that it's worth it.

Music, podcasts, audio books

I focus on my muscles

As in, I take my time warming up, stretching, really feel the muscle as you move it, use it, feel it warming up, feel it strain when you start adding weight.

once you get a good mind-muscle connection you'll have to teach yourself to enjoy the pain of tearing said muscle.

dude, meaningless physical activity like that is very entertaining for me
my issue is that i wouldn't know which machines i should use
also awkward to go alone