Jow Forums why do you consider yourself strong if you cant even do a full planche?

Jow Forums why do you consider yourself strong if you cant even do a full planche?

Attached: 1200px-Planche.jpg (1200x741, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
arthritis-health.com/types/joint-anatomy/shoulder-joint-structure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I read a comment on YouTube stating that some people, no matter how hard they train, may never be able to achieve a full planche in their lifetime due to genetics - that some people may not have been born with "enough" joints in their shoulders/elbows to ever achieve a full planche.

I can feel the pain in my wrists just looking at it

You will get accoustumed eventually

wrists are in a good position there, finger tendon strength would take a while to develop though

Ok Jow Forums since this thread seems like it's about to die I have a question: how to get rid of bubble butt? started doing cardio but im afraid im only making my gluteus stronger so when the fat goes away I will have this gipsy magic bowl of an ass.

must be pretty easy when you're a 5'5 140lb manlet. a lot harder for normal sized 6'+ people

Imagine being such a narcissistic faggot as to prepare, capture, edit and post this picture.

Seconding this. I ain't wanna end up looking like a trap.

glutes don't really get big, i guarantee its mostly fat thats giving you a bubble butt, you need to cut

To the day I have never seen a calisthenic lifting more than his own body weight

Op can?

Post ass pls

I've been doing bw at home aside from going to the gym and it's very fun and challenging to my surprise.
Working on that L-sit and wall-handstand now.

What the fuck does having "enough joints" even mean?

I don’t understand how this is a fair question. From what I’ve been told, a planche is by no means a basic move, but in fact an advanced move. Would we as lifters say to somebody “how can you call yourself fit if you can’t deadlift 495?” Or would runners say “how can you call yourself fit when you haven’t even run a marathon in under 3 hours?”

>joinlet completely oblivious of his shortcomings
typical

if you even have to ask...

Attached: girls-getty_1376498i.jpg (446x400, 44K)

planche is pretty difficult and takes years to master if at all possible. If you are taller than 180cm it gets even tougher.
to adequately assess whether you got good functional strength or are a gymcel bloatlord / twig there is a better exercise:
Front Lever
If you can't hold one for >5 sec you certainly aren't Jow Forums

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 145K)

i'm a 6'2 155lb dyel and i can do a front lever for 5 seconds easy

I share this burden my niggas. It's nothing to worry about. It looked rediculous when I had a small upper body and a large ass. Once you put on some mass in the upper body it balances out and you look fine. I find that girls really like a nice ass, if that means anything to you.

well, I am not saying you are Jow Forums, leek boy, just because you can front leaver
I am saying those 'muh 550lb dilly' powerlifters might not be
also, eat more

I can maintain front lever with good form for at least 30 seconds, and I deadlift 5 plates, and I can run a 5k in 19 minutes. I’m not an expert in any fitness field but I’m decent at a lot of them.

>5k in 19 minutes
is that good?

yeah bodyweight is easymode for dyels. 5'11 172lbs and I'm trying to learn this shit and it's so difficult with heavy legs.

it'st he best feeling innit? To not have glaring weakness, you can be decent at anything fitness related. You feel fulfilled

It’s decent, not shit, not great. Same as a 5 plate deadlift, better than anybody untrained and most novices trained, but not elite or particularly competitive in strength sports.

It’s a good feeling. I’m not a superb athlete but because I train a lot of things frequently I always look pretty good, and I’m always able to have fun with physical activities, nothing seems daunting to try.

really, really, really good if true. post body.

I don't know. The only joint in your shoulder is the ball and socket of the humerus and scapula.
Maybe he meant shitty tendons and ligaments.

>30 sec FL
>sub 20 5k
>5pl DL
>not a superb athlete
there aren't 2 people on this board that can do this, user

Attached: 1540387794966.jpg (600x607, 40K)

I’m 5’10” 190lbs. On the fatter side right now, but I’ve done all my claims recently. My deadlift might go down as I keep cutting weight, though.

Attached: 16F758BF-D426-4B70-AAA9-4FAC4643E56E.jpg (1739x1898, 531K)

>those tats
bro wtf. you mog me in every way. i'll admit that, but wtf

Attached: 1516156033286.jpg (640x334, 82K)

Anyone here knows about a solid well structured reliable bodyweight routine with minimal equipement?
I'm no beginner but still inbalanced for doing mostly pullups/pushups all my life, relatively weak as fuck core and legs but can do OAPullups/Muscleups ie. Doing the planche would be amazing but if you try practicing it and other push motions in the same session it becomes impossible.

if possible I'd like to see your lats and thighs.
not saying you didn't do your claims.
just saying that those are some unreal numbers and you must look like a flying squirrel doing pull-ups

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
sue me, it's decent

a planche itself isn't difficult, its all about proper form and feeling the lock. people with twigs for legs will have an easier time getting thru the progression
OPs picture isn't a normal planche anyways its a much harder variation.

is it cheating if you rest you torso on you upper arms?

I can't even pronounce planche

Don’t have a picture of my lats atm, and I’m at work so I can’t really get one. Funny you mention that though, because my back is far and away my strongest muscle group when going by symmetric strength. My back is about 8% stronger than my “standard”.

probably shouldn't take advice from youtube comments bro.

I'm no one to judge right but if i do that little amount of volume per group a day i won't feel it, on pullup days i do 20-30 sets of 10 pullups, that last ones are to borderline failure so i don't see how it will benefit me even if i pick a much harder variation, i'll try it either way since there doesn't seem to be anything better

move to the next progression.
add weight, do archer pull ups, do one arm pull ups, do muscle ups
certainly better than doing 30 sets of 10 even though that's not bad and 'greasing the grove' is a part of many advanced pull up programmes

how long have you been dedicatedly working out for and how old are you?
I'm happy to keep this thread open and wait for that picture of your lats. Cheers user

u r rarted. A fucking planche scores in olympic level gymnastics. You need stronk tendons for it or u die.Op's picture is almost textbook form.

I’m 27. Played sports at medium to high level until I was 21. Only been lifting weights five years or so, but I’ve always been active.

In this post you said you got memed into strength training for mass, can you elaborate on this? Is that how you got 5 plate? How did that affect the other 2 feats you posted?

Goal stats

Yeah I actually pulled a fuckload more than 5 plates when I got fat, I topped out at 230 pounds about 10 months ago and pulled 655, which felt good, but it felt shitty to be fat and slow and have shitty mobility and be unable to do things I was used to being able to do (like levers and tightly controlled windmills).

Do you mean a front lever where you go from a dead hang to a lever?Cause that is pretty hard,I mean its easier to just tuck yourself in and then straighten your legs.

right, fair play

Idk man, one joint per shoulder should cut it

There are 4 joints per shoulder
arthritis-health.com/types/joint-anatomy/shoulder-joint-structure
sorry for shitty source but cant be fucked getting a good one right now.

>not great not bad, decent
Imagine coping this hard

>Wanting to get rid of your ass
You know women love nice asses too right? My gf won't leave mine alone.

Attached: nicebuttersnigga.jpg (1200x900, 249K)

>admits gf assfucks you
>proud of it

>admits gf assfucks you
Wat? Naw nigga she just slaps my ass and grabs it sometimes during sex. Get your mind out of the gutter.

>shitting on people who are actually getting Jow Forums
Imagine coping THIS hard

>I read a comment on YouTube stating
This might be the least convincing way to start any case I've ever heard.
Not saying it's automatically wrong, but even a Wiki article is more intrinsically credible.

It's true that the shorter you are, the faster you can achieve a planche. I've never seen someone over 6 foot perform one.

You're a damn liar.
Post a video of you holding a full FL 30 seconds.

It’s very hard to do these moves with solid leg development because of the moment arm requirement. It’s certainly Impressive but isn’t necessarily a sign of adequate full body strength and fitness. You probably can’t have an elite 100 meter time and vertical jump while also having the ability to do this exercise, or a reverse planche, a front or back lever, or an iron cross

Dentoh Conteh can deadlift x3 bw and can do statics and shit

Yeah he can deadlift that but his deadlift form is pretty shit and low back dominant , and his legs are small as I expected

Where's your other trap?

Real talk though just saw his squats at 175kg 3x3, he is strong as fuck at 74kg body weight, but it’s clear that his legs and ass are quite small still which makes calisthenics a lot easier. Do you know what his sprint times are?

wut. that's retarded. I do mostly gymnastics strength work and I deadlifted 3.5 pl8s on my 2nd gym session at 66kg bodyweight. And legs are by far the weakest part when training gymnastics.

Post deadlift

>6'3
>will never achieve full planche
its not fair bros

because i just pulled 5pl8 on a day that wasnt really heavy and I weight less than 80kgs

Yeah no u can't, larp harder faggot