What are some fun and social hobbies that fitness translates well to if I don't enjoy team based sports? Pic related...

What are some fun and social hobbies that fitness translates well to if I don't enjoy team based sports? Pic related, climbing seems like a good one

Attached: rockclimbing.jpg (700x420, 142K)

cosplay

Climbing is usually good. Martial arts can be good or autistic, sometimes martial arts is filled with autism and failed Chads. A running group is surprisingly good. It may be a team sport but rowing crew could be fun and isn’t a “traditional” team sport like soccer or something. Golf is pretty social.

I came to terms with the fact I'll never father my own kids so I came up with this little hobby I like to call hobby parenting.

Basically ill sit on a park bench and when kids come near me I give then some useful tips that will help them out in life. I've been asked to move on and called names by some ungrateful parents but in the most part I enjoy it. If these parents did a better job themselves the world wouldn't be such a mess.

I don't think this one works until you look like a wise old man with a long gray beard. Be careful though, you might end up mentoring a kid that becomes an orphan in a terrible incident and looks to you as a mentor on his path to revenge.

What sort of tips do you dole out? Don't talk to police? Don't smoke marijuana until you're at least 20? Tell them to learn an instrument? Tell them to get STEM jobs?

Never stop doing that. How old are you to be giving out such astute advice user?

Attached: RUJqX14[1].jpg (600x450, 52K)

>pay attention in school. It's only a small portion of your life compared to afterwards
>you gotta eat big to get big
>be nice to people. It will make you feel better about yourself.
>don't pay too much attention to what people say about you. Especially if it's something you can't change. The key to happiness is to not care what people think about you.
>exercise is important. If you put on too much weight as a kid it will be very hard to shift after school. Stay active. Look good and people will treat you with more respect.

That's just some of the more generic advice I'll give

I know where my life went wrong and it took me a long time to sort things out to beat a level I should have been at ten years ago. With the benefit of hindsight I feel like these kids could benefit from my advice.

Fair one.

Attached: cries-in-silence_o_7224639[1].jpg (750x743, 88K)

>climbing seems cool
>have super sweaty hands

What do? And no, I've used chalk and my hand sweat is too much for it, it just turns into goop.

Gloves?

Are climbing gloves a thing? If so thanks, I'll look into it.

Been climbing for 4 years. Don't get into it, you will injure yourself, everyone does. Some are out immediately for months and months because the damage is immediately painful and obvious, others find it creeps up on them through chronic pain that worsens until you find out you've got some ligament or cartridge damage you have to live with or endure whatever treatment there is for it then sit out for months and months.
>I won't be stupid
Not that easy. Once you get in the habit of tackling basic routes and problems you won't be satisfied with low levels, so you'll try harder ones. And they're set by a 5'9, 22yo Spiderman, who, for him and his bros, is a 3 or 4. But you're a 5'10 normal guy and for you it's much harder, but you don’t know that yet. Suddenly you're 20 ft off the ground about to put waaay too much weight on your left middle and ring finger on some pocket, then you do, realize it's not good, but don't abort right away because you're determined, so you try to find some other way, getting tired, making jerky movements, banging you knees and elbows and knuckles on the wall and nearby holds, still putting too much weight on those fingers, then end up giving up anyway.
>Damn, my hand hurts.

Are you in North America? You will be arrested for this, sooner than later.

your strongest fingers are ring and pinky, learn how to grip

I do the same but I just tell them about mewing

What hobbies do you suggest instead?

bait/10

eh, gloves aren't really a thing for climbing. i know you can use them for crack climbing outdoor, but most people would tape. those gloves also only protect you knuckles. Maybe you should try liquid chalk. It will for sure dry your hands out.

martial arts, rowing, swimming, dancing - especially solitary are ballet (for adults) popping-and-locking and breakdancing, yoga, all the various forms of body training and body movement arts like ginastica naturale there are tons of them.

haha. awesome.

parkour, exploring, farming and physical labor like building things

in other words, listen to your body and don't be a spaz or youll fuck yourself up. Noted. This is true of anything though

skating

I'll start swimming once a week tomorrow, I've heard it's good for the back muscles

This. Ice skating is super fun and translates into the ultimate bro sport of ice hockey

What can they arrest me for?

Mountain biking. Nothing like ripping around on a mountain. Also you're bound to meet some cool people and go cool places

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Muay Thai/Striking.

Having low body fat and general overall fitness will be an asset, though BJJ-specific fitness can only be obtained through many hours on the mat.

Pros: kicking ass is a useful skill, unparalleled social confidence, greatly increased toughness and pain tolerance

Cons: joint problems if you're stupid, ER bills, water bills from laundry and showering, at parties assholes will want to wrestle you, occasional random self doubt and fear around smaller people (you'll always wonder if that geeky computer guy is secretly a BJJ black belt)

Attached: 91xCk96WfFL._SX425_.jpg (425x282, 38K)

Martial arts
Judo/bjj can be bro tier

This could be said about any physical sport
>lots of reps on a semi difficult level
Literally what the slav weightlifters talk about.

Anyone tried / interested in improv? It looks fun as fuck

It may vary by area, but its pretty fun and you can meet a lot of people through it as well. Just don't fall into the weirder cultish aspects of it if you are in a major city.

i am from bulgaria andd it's not common in here. I could find only one course where they teach you improv, and thats in our capitol. There are also a few improv troupes that hold performances and travel around. That's all I found from googling. I've never in my life heard anyone talk about it and I don't think improv is something bulgarians know about.

For the last week or so I watched some youtubers do improv-like sketches/games and sometimes I'd pause and try to act whatever they got to do before they do it just to practice. Today I tried doing some beginner games for creativity, and its fun, but doing it in a group seems more effective and more fun as well, because you can build off of each others imagination. You got experience with improv?

That sounds great then! It's a great skill to have for any kind of performing.
I did improv for 5 years, and ran a group myself that put on little shows here and there for awhile.
The only reason I mentioned the other part is, at least In the US, a lot of the major improv schools are expensive and try to really empty your pockets.

5 years is serious business. Do you find yourself using the skill in your everyday life, for example trying to make people laugh. Asking because when I watch some improv guys, I noticed some of them are easily able ot make things funny and sometimes they are overdoing it. For example one person (person B) sits with water in his mouth. The other one (person A) has to make him laugh and spill his water. Now sometimes A goes to B and just because of the way they look at each other and the atmosphere B cracks up before A even starts. But A really wanted to do his perforamnce so he doesn't aknowledges that the game is over before it even started and does whatever he wanted. This really bothered me. Happened in other instances under similar conditions - one person gets attached to his joke and can't let it go, even though it's moment has passed. This was very hard to explain btw.

Its called bouldering, op, you retard

In general, yes its useful. Not just for humor, it can help make you just a little quicker and more comfortable in conversations.
Oh for sure, I get the jist of what you mean. Timing is always important, as well as letting a scene end when it needs to end. Sometimes a scene will go on longer then it should of when the funny moment has already past. People can definitely get an ego sometimes, which is no good. It works better when everyone is focused on making each other look good, rather then being the funniest one.

>focused on making each other look good
This should be taught in school. Last question and I am gotta go to bed. What was it like when you first got into improv? What did you do? How often did you do it? I need some direction in learning this skill is what i mean to say.

based pedoposter

Running, biking, climbing, long distance hiking. Outdoorsy stuff.

>pay attention in school

Immediately dropped.

my powerlifting gym is very social