Paleo-ish

Yes, I read the sticky

I am ridding myself of shit-grain products. By shit-grain, I mean store-bought pasta, bread, rice. I am going to focus on meat (high quality), veggies, and fruits. I like the idea of Paleo but I am not going to be a fundamentalist.

Can you guys point me to information regarding what nutrients I should keep track of, and why our cave-man meat was less fatty than modern meat? Doesn't make sense to me.

Attached: caveman.jpg (480x322, 41K)

herbivore animals also needed to find their food and migrate. they were not stuck in cages getting force-fed formulas and grains to develop at a faster rate

I am sticking to free-range and grass-fed. So I am thinking that should take care of that difference.

Why do you guys never engage in conversation ever?

Welcome to Jow Forums

I've tried this diet it's just seems so hard to get the necessary calories without going and eating 6eggs with a 16 oz steak twice a day

eat liver

I’ve been transitioning towards this kind of diet. I thought about it while trying to think what the best and most natural human diet would be and then found out it was a thing. So far I’m not quite there, but I’m eating chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, eggs, fruits, potatoes are my main carb source, and some other veggies. I need to get more veggies and less ground meats though, I feel that it’ll make a difference.

Is deer superior to cow? I’ve never been hunting but I’ll start doing it often if venison is for some reason healthier, aside from the obvious shit like that cows are fed hormones and shit

Thats fine just make sure you dont end up on keto. Get carbs, your body literally needs them, especially if youre lifting and/or running

Is whole grain breat bad? Brown rice? I fucking love some chicken risotto, and I have IBS so it keeps my stomach calm.

I have noticed this already.

What is a good health source of carbs? I don;t even want to eat any wheat even if it is organic, since they genetically modified it decades ago.

You can get hormone-free, grass-fed beef, but it is expensive.

Not sure how paleoish it is, but beans and fruit as well as organic oats

fruits, roots, and meats are a great beginning place for somebody who doesn't know what to eat
vegetables are trash.

what is wrong with vegetables?

I wouldn't stress about counting nutrients. Just eat like you said, meat, veggies, and fruits. Eggs and dairy are ok too, I think.

You should try some IF, too.

>why our cave-man meat was less fatty than modern meat? Doesn't make sense to me.
Wild animals have to constantly roam and forage to survive and are thus leaner. Modern farmed animals are intentionally fattened (not that fatty meats are bad for you).

Not eating grain is fine, but don't think for a second that it has any historical support.

>he doesn't drink 18 raw eggs a day already

there's nothing wrong with high quality breads and pasta from your local baker, bread and agriculture is why we're here today and not a bunch of retard cavemen

And mushrooms. Learn the easy to id saprophytic types or follow wild cattle and eat the magic ones that will likely grow in the droppings.

Then evolve and stop being retarded with your devolutionary diet.

Twinkies for the fucking win of the epoch.

This. Dirtcheap, extremely healthy and delicious af.

it helps you not be a fat fuck though

sweet potatoes are great