/fast/ #326 Based Skeltal Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Attached: do not eat.jpg (960x752, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8794X4I8nk&list=PLIPvxI36qaW7OEYYETNetyPWIOj7W6D6L&index=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Links to a beginner fast please!

Does the time sleeping count as a fast? So if I’m doing 24 hours I eat dinner the next day or na.

Should I just start on one day a week?

I thought starvation mode only happened on extended calorie restriction. Source on fasting causing starvation mode

sleeping counts. if you start your fast after dinner and eat dinner at around the same time tomorrow, you'll have gone 24 hours easily. Just keep in mind that if you eat a days worth of calories after only 24 hours, you still had 2 days worth in 2 days and you wont lose weight if thats your goal.
Honestly, start whenever and stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water when you start! It helps fight off hunger really well. Until you're comfortable fasting, you'll want something to fill your stomach and water is the best thing for that.

>should
>should
>should
nigger just stop eating. if you wanna go for 3 days take some salt if you feel bad.
my first fast was a 5 day dryfast

>mfw not overweight or out of shape but not low enough bodyfat% to make jaw look really good
fuck sake lads im in the really annoying middle ground

anyone in the same boat?

So, keto increases risk of atherosclerosis, since both fasting and keto basically work on the same principle, does that mean that fasting increases the risk as well?

Who else here doing no eat November?
On day 5 bois. Going with no food till I hit goal.

Attached: EDA490E4-AB72-4E7D-8DB0-F162AE1E28B5.jpg (3264x2448, 1.31M)

good luck friend
stay safe

160 this morning. I’m close! Maybe 5 more pounds. 18% bf, I want sub 15%. 12% would be amazing.

How long does water weight after a refeed take to go away if I jump straight back into fasting? Gained 8lbs overnight on the scale because I was a brainlet and ate carbs when friends invited me out. I did some exercise this morning which helped a bit but I just dont like seeing big numbers (4me) on the scale

Thanks friend I will start tomorrow when I’m at work.

An other tips? I read most of the OP
Take some salt and water if I feel bad, and anything else?

Why dry fast tho that seems fucked?

How much water a day should I drink while doing IF? How bad is drinking flavored water during my eating period, I seriously can't stand the flavor of normal bottled water and tap here is worse and I CAN drink it but I have to drink something that doesn't my mike face cringe up like i'm eating sour during my eating period

Are there any disadvantages to doing IF on a bulk? I've gotten used to skipping breakfast and eating only 2 big meals a day. It's comfy. I don't wanna stop now. Do muscles need food throughout the whole day to grow or nah?

>Links to a beginner fast please!
[spoiler]you just don't eat[/spoiler]

rip

24 hours into my water fast

Not so bad at the moment, salt mixed into water seems to stave off any headaches

Here's to day numero 2

youtube.com/watch?v=t8794X4I8nk&list=PLIPvxI36qaW7OEYYETNetyPWIOj7W6D6L&index=9

Attached: snake diet 1.png (410x526, 233K)

Who's the genius that decided to call it "snake" diet?

Attached: cp.jpg (895x503, 39K)

The faggot who makes these videos is so cringy.

What is the name of that painting?

"Starvation mode" is literally nothing.
Its a belief, a meme that, somehow, the body freaks out and negates the caloric restriction.
When you hit the 4% you reach a level your body can't sustain by itself easily. That's the closest thing that exists to the "starvation mode" meme.

Probably you will not reach your caloric goal.

Well I fucking caved. I was feeling like absolute trash. I literally vomited, had headaches, no energy. I felt like I was dying and it has only been 5 days.

I ate one 2 piese of those mozzarella sticks you put in kids lunches dipped in hummus and a spoonful of peanut butter (made sure to measure this out as to not break 20g of carbs) and all of a sudden all my symptoms go away in about 30 min. I don't know if I can do these extended fasts. I think I'm going to stick to 48 hours maximum because around that is when I start feeling sick.

I think keto + 48/6 should be enough for now at least. I'm just not ready for these long fasts. I can't function.

>urine fasting
That exists? For what?
The guy that speaks like Chris-Chan

I will though

Snake Diet guy says urine is even better than snake juice because it has more than just potassium, sodium, magnesium, and bicarbonate.

Personally I'd rather be fat and die than drink my piss, fortunately snake juice is working well for me.

Is there a way to manually calculate how much salts should I take if I want to drink fresh water?

I always thought starvation mode was a boomer meme alongside fast and slow metabolisms as an excuse to be fat. Starvation mode, to some extent, is real though. Your body will drop things that aren't essential. That means hair loss, shitty skin, being cold and tired all the time, and having a huge preoccupation with food. That also means less calories are going to be more than your daily energy usage, so yeah, you can gain weight eating a relatively small amount of food. CICO is still law, but your calories out are pretty low.
t. (ex?) anorexic
Mind linking the 4% thing?

>it has more than just potassium, sodium, magnesium, and bicarbonate.
Yeah, like Urea and other metabolites that your body wants to get rid of them.

facefagging is cringy, period, so no shit. he's got better fasting info than anyone else on youtube. If you don't like him, you can watch one of his cringy disciples channels and get the same info (Shameen, Michelene, or Snake Diet Gains)

You sound like an expert with loads of first-hand experience.

Read a book, nigger.

I don't have any links. Perhaps Cheese can shed more light on this?

Read the fucking OP Links!

is snake juice necessary for a 48-72 hour fast? I really don't want to watch that yelling guys videos for the recipe

>I think keto + 48/6 should be enough for now at least.
I'm doing the same, currently over 24 hours into my first fast and have already been doing keto for a couple months now. Probably gonna do 1 or 2 48 hours a week with keto

just get some salt and youll be fine.

well considering they recommend dry fasts at 72 hours, I doubt you would need it, maybe for anything longer

2 days tops

It only gets easier with each fast you do. Your body has to remember how to work this way. It knows, just be patient. My first few fast were rough too, all of ours were. Now I can pop off 5 days without any issues, I don’t even need snake juice for 5 days.

Thats interesting, did you make snake juice? Im currently on day 5 and I havent even felt hunger pangs. Im also fat as fuck right now. This is my first extended fast.

2 days into a fast out of probably 3-7 days. I hear this is the point where it's going to get shitty. This is my first extended fast.

I'm scared brothers, help me.

1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nosalt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Throw it into 2-2.5L of water and stir that like your life depends on it or else it will be hell.

I just cut caffein guys... Massive headache for 2 days non stop, I used to drink lots of coffee + diet coke fuck me

been there bro
maybe you should ween off?

I just sucked it up and I'm good, it's been hellish days tho.. I'm targeting zero sugar zero carbs and zero caffein. Hardest is carbs as I eat a cup of rice per day.

Really want to look like I've lost some weight when I get back for Thanksgiving. If I stuck to OMAD and kept the meals clean, while exercising, will I look noticeably different in a couple weeks?

When does the plateau happen for weight loss in fasting? It's been two weeks, I've lost almost 20lbs and now I'm lucky to be losing 0.2-0.3kg in 2-3 days. I'm completely going to power through it because I've seen the results and I'm not going to stop but is the plateau different for everyone? Is there something I can do to help get over it quicker or do I just need to ride it out for a week or two?

Anyone ever feel like they're gonna faint when their body switches over to ketones?

yes. I'm dry fasting right now so it hit much quicker. A few hours ago I was working on my computer and felt the lethargy hit me like a truck. I just gave into it and passed out sitting up. After about 40 minutes I felt okay.

I've been fasting since Saturday night but I just hit ketosis earlier because I ate a monstrous amount of oats and cherries prior to my fast. Thought I was dying or something, I was in the middle of a conversation with my brother and I could barely speak.

yeah it can hit hard. Just keep your electrolytes in balance and chill. Congratulate yourself: you made it. you're burning fat and it gets easier from here.

Would i lose more weight with intermittent water fasting or dry fasting? Would it be faster dry fasting?

dry fasting is a meme

Elaborate please? I'm 24 hours into dry fasting.

Should I still be lifting while fasting?

i just cant see how dehydrating yourself is a good thing.

Going on 24 hours rn, anyone else experience severe pain all over abdomen and sides and have burning eyes? I've drank over a gallon of water today so I doubt it's related to hydration.

>broth and stock is a meal
>/fast/
whoever posts these threads is a certified dumbshit

Attached: 1541001246560.png (618x527, 398K)

Those are not symptoms I've heard of. Headches and keto rashes / breath are the common ones.

You can do it broother
I believe in you
With any luck it will not be bad at all, just understand that it gets easier after the second day

>i just cant see how not eating anything is a good thing
you're already in with the outlaws man

Thanks friend, good to know

You guys breaking your fast for Thanksgiving? I'm planning on eating 21,22 and 23 but fasting the rest of the month.

withdrawals. keep doing it and at some point it gets easy.
as long as you eat clean during refeeds and breaks that is

????????
double snake juice contends
drink as much normal water as snake juice?
does not seem that fucking complicated

Lost 5lb in a week of OMAD. Not bad I guess. Still want to lose 28lbs more by Christmas to reach goal weight. Might throw in a a couple of longer fasts before then. The time between eating goes so quickly now, I feel like omad is a great way to warm up to fasting.

>urine fasting
How do you guys not realize you're the victims of a practical joke?

Attached: 1537947784975.jpg (960x960, 103K)

Can I lift while trying intermittent fasting?

nobody has been harmed by it. it can't be a joke, its just gross

>tfw losing about a lb a day fasting from not eating
>tfw losing about a lb a day from several hours of exercise
>tfw going through 4 liters of snake juice a day

I'm aiming for a 50lb month boys, I'm gonna make it or die trying

Attached: disgusting.jpg (267x200, 10K)

also nobody here does it

Can I ACTUALLY build muscle eating OMAD?

Yes you dumb fucking mongol

Do it then post results on here and facebook. Or die. Just don't get cremated I think it's stupid. 6 feet under is cool.

Attached: locked and loaded.png (796x588, 92K)

Because of all the idiots who use it as an excuse to eat nothing but bacon grease fried in lard, or regardless of fibre and vegetable consumption?

Fasting is unlikely to cause fatty buildup, given there is no energy intake to use for fatty deposits - again, unless the atherosclerosis mechanism you're referencing isn't dietary... source?

the only reason you would ever go into "starvation " meme is if you are extremely low bodyfat or if you eat often, lower than your maintenance calories and mainly carbs.

can I just fucking fast without any snek juice?

You would be risking heart failure after a certain point. Everyone who's died from fasting has died because of losing all their electrolytes and their heart giving out.

I'm the pic related poster from March, haven't managed to lose anything but a handful of pounds and an inch off my waist. I've been getting my body used to the idea of long term fasting and weening off fast food/junk food for good. I've finally succeeded and today marks day 1/15 of my first long term snake fast. I'm gonna log in every fucking day and repeat these long term streaks until I'm all skin and bones.
Stats right now: 260lbs, 51" waistline, 6ft.

Attached: 1521012723081.jpg (2341x1737, 643K)

I'm going to start doing 48's and then move into 72's and eventually do 5 day fasts back to back. I'm also starting SS anyone the same? 6'2'' 130 kg

What if your doing week long fasts and drinking only water?

I look forward to watching your journey

Should I take probiotic pills during my fast?

I know this isn't a keto thread but since keto and fasting go hand in hand I'll just ask it here.
How many grams of carbs would an average hour of workout burn?
Let's say I had about 200g of carbs the past couple of days, if I exercise long enough to burn them will I be back in ketosis?

Seriously if you fast and fasting is natural why do we need to supplements with the sneak juice thing?

Isn’t it better to reduce you water intake by a lot since you don’t actually need it (no digestion) that much ? So you avoid depleting your electrolytes

im loosing weight but i dont think im loosing fat%. i want to keep my weight cause i weight normal.

Time to OMAD/ADF and start working out.

i do 100 pushups and situps a day with streching dose that count as working out?

If it works for Saitama it'll work for you.

will I get interest from girls if I become a Chad after losing weight? I want them to respond to me like cats to catnip if I become Chad Pitt tier

This is quite possibly the gayest thing I've read so far today.
go hang out in the mens locker room at the gym with a sign that says "I suck dicks"

ooh someone's mad I'm gonna look like a total Chad when I'm done cutting

How do you guys get through the first day while being productive? I'm fasting from entertainment too so I can only do productive shit to stay distracted. The longest I've fasted was 3 days a couple years ago and I was tired and hungry the whole time (I took multiple 1hr+ naps a day even with a full nights sleep). I want to do 5+ days of water (Do I need snake juice for this or is water fine). If I stop feeling hunger by then and get thee "mental high" people talk about I might extend it. But I need to get through these few days of hunger while staying productive.

Fasting is basically fatloss-maxxing so how do I fastmaxx? Will I lose significant muscle if I do some light calisthenics?

Is tthete any point to IF when you are already lean and mostly want to put on muscle?

Is the whole snakejuice recipe necessary or is the salt+baking soda fine? I'm asking because I don't really feel like paying the amazon prime price so that the stuff gets here on time. What does the Potassium Chloride do?

Also, can I take zinc+magnesium on the fast?

Has anyone noticed benefits of fasting outside of weightloss? I've seen the studies showing increased autophagy and HGH production. But has anyone seen mental or physical benefits that can be attributed to that?

It's an electrolyte you definitely need it.

On omad at least 4 days/week.Ppm and bp are much lower now than they used to

I have ~170 of lean mass, does anyone have a picture of a 5'11 guy at 12/13% bf, around 185/190 lb? I wanna see how I'll look by the end. 225 23% rn